• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 01

Terrifyingly disturbing is probably the most temperate way of describing this episode, if not the series.

grin2wiui.gif

I love it too

http://i.imgur.com/HFx8Hh.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/17807/Brit-girls-boobs-are-the-biggest.html[/url]

mAcOdIn

Holy crap! You're here!

It's not really about time travel though. And, like Dusk Maiden, the director does the "last episode first" thing with the show. lol
I can always strike now that I have a phone. And while I hate this phone everyone should get to Jun.

Ezalc

Well, y'know, if you need a frame of reference, Bleach filler is just above Pandora Hearts and just below Hitman Reborn. That should clarify things.

Is that below, above, or tied with Trigun Badlands Rumble?

Jinrui 1

Aw this looks so cute and adora- what the fuck?

qcf x2

Arcana Famiglia, aka Ouran Shinigami Host Club 01

+ the visual style is pretty nice, with thicker than normal (but not overdone) lines.
+ the 2nd half wasn't bad
+ it can't be as bad as recent shounens.
+ the first maid shown was pretty

- It had every cliche in the shounen book, within the first 3 minutes. Almost cringe-worthy.
- More tarot card stuff? Zzzzzz
- No indication at all that there's anything at stake besides some dumb family title and a wedding. (is the world in danger?)
- The mild action scenes kind of spammed the special effects/camera pans/etc for no reason.
- Emotional female character that needs rescuing, check (Rukia). Eyepatch guy, check (Zaraki). Shiny bald headed guy, check (Ikkaku). Cool older dude that likes younger girls, check (Shunsui). Hot-headed kid who fights without even trying to learn his abilities, check (Ichigo). His more level headed friend, check (Ishida). Top dog old man who doesn't like to listen to anybody, check (Yamamoto).

I'll stick with it for a few more episodes.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Natsuiro Kiseki 12 -END-

Everything went better than exactly as expected.

Overall, this was a harmless slice of life show about friendship. Some off-model shots and episode 10's plot holes aside, it didn't commit any mistakes. There was nothing brilliant or even particularly interesting about the plot, but it set out to deliver a simple message, and it was delivered.

It'd probably be impossible for me to rewatch this, but I don't regret going through it once.

survivor

Banned
Arcana Famiglia, aka Ouran Shinigami Host Club 01

- No indication at all that there's anything at stake besides some dumb family title and a wedding. (is the world in danger?)
Going by some of the stuff I read from the game, there is more at stake than just a wedding.

qcf x2

So 6 episodes in on Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Its ok so far.

The first six or so episodes felt like Endless Eight. I kept telling myself the backgrounds are ridiculously nice, the music is good, "oh, look how this person interacted with that person, very believable!," etc. Bo-ring!

Evangelion picks up after that, but then...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The first six or so episodes felt like Endless Eight. I kept telling myself the backgrounds are ridiculously nice, the music is good, "oh, look how this person interacted with that person, very believable!," etc. Bo-ring!

Evangelion picks up after that, but then...

... It becomes infinitely awesome.

qcf x2

Going by some of the stuff I read from the game, there is more at stake than just a wedding.

Isn't it shounen law to present the ultimate goal of the protagonist in the first episode? Luffy wants to be the Pirate King, Ichigo wants to protect his family and friends at all costs, the kid from HxH wants to be the greatest hunter, etc.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Isn't it shounen law to present the ultimate goal of the protagonist in the first episode? Luffy wants to be the Pirate King, Ichigo wants to protect his family and friends at all costs, the kid from HxH wants to be the greatest hunter, etc.

It sounds like the true goal of everyone in the show is just to
bang Felicita
, anything beyond that is involuntarily foisted upon them in the process of working toward that other goal.

Shonen law? Isn't the show an adaptation of an otome game?

It sounds like the true goal of everyone in the show is just to
bang Felicita
, anything beyond that is involuntarily foisted upon them in the process of working toward that other goal.
Isn't that the point of this genre?

Articalys

Hyouka 11

I felt that this was a very nice ending to this story arc. Several of you will probably disagree, but that's just how things go, I suppose.
KyoAni still showing off those top-tier cinematography skills.

So the person who ended up getting Hotarou involved was his sister again? She's the third person (besides Hongou and Eru) who Irisu was chatting with on the computer?

Andrew J.

Tsuritama 01

Super bright colors, but I knew that from all the screenshots already. What I hadn't noticed before was that backgrounds are kind of splotchy, like a watercolor effect. It works better some places than others; wood can look like that, sort of, but a chalkboard?

I love characters who have to spend a lot of mental effort to navigate social situations, so Yuki was awesome, of course. Haru is that rare creature, a manic pixie dream guy, the Haruhi/Chitanda to Yuki's Kyon/Houtarou, but with less sexual tension...for now.

Vaguely Middle Eastern guy, hangs around with a duck...shades of Princess Tutu, anyone?

I wonder if fishing could be a viable topic for a straight-up sports shounen series.

Yuki's grandma is hot.

The Sacred Blacksmith 9
7T3Np.jpg

Her name is "Lee-sa" not Lisa. Totally different people.
Luke finally explains why he wants women to stay in the kitchen. I guess it was a sad story... And seeing Cacily being forced to wear a dress was funny. At the very end some fucking ugly ass old guy comes up to Luke's house with a demon sword and starts sputtering nonsense and flailing around the sword's thunder powers. What is with this anime and really ugly old people?
KFGJ3.jpg

See? She's nothing like "Lee-sa."

survivor

Banned

Arcana Famiglia game spoilers

I didn't read everything about the game so I might be wrong but
the series is still about the wedding. It's just that some of the Arcana powers kinda screws over some of the characters.
Sorry for the confusion.

Instro

E7 AO 11

That was pretty wild. Lots of mysterious happenings this week, definitely looking forward to episode 12.

Also, what was up with that CG car at the end? Come on Bones.

Hyouka 11
rrlUV.gif

At least they answered why didn't she ask EBA?
But still, very nice ending to the arc. Really enjoyed more of the imaginative methods of explanations and pretty cool to see Houtarou start getting worked up about some things. Nice to see the whole tarot cards return as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom