• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Tari Tari 1

This is nice.

When I see this show's visuals I can't help but think that this is how Natsuiro Kiseki should've looked like. They have a somewhat smooth look to them. The character design is also pretty good.

The teacher suggesting some future yuri action was smooth as hell.

Above all that, though, was the realization brought by this debut episode that none of the girls are stupid. Amazing.

Also...

[Redacted] doesn't even begin to describe it.

Seems like this will be my choice in terms of slice of life this summer.

You have my interest. I'll be checking it out in a few.

Branduil

What the

Did anything ever come out on budget or whatnot as to why they compressed this series down to 12 episodes? My wife was totally enjoying it until the last ep where I had to explain how the show basically dumped 1+ volumes on the floor to finish it up.

Still great, but just...a missed opportunity in a way.

It's a noitaminA show. It'd usually be 11 episodes as it is.

wonzo

Banned
savinganime12ABe.jpg
savinganime12.jpg

my wallet gently weeps ;_;

Branduil

Sailor Moon S Movie

Tuxedo Mask's entrance was excellent as was the Snow Dancer not having a clue single what he was giving his speech about. Really liked this given the sad focus on Luna even if it did feel like an 2 part tv ep. It felt much more character focused than the R movie did.

Dat helmet.

Luna at her cutest.

Yesssssssss

This is morally wrong.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/savinganime12ABe.jpg[/IM][IMG]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/savinganime12.jpg[/IM]

my wallet gently weeps ;_;[/QUOTE]

A visual reminder that I need to finish NHK. I dont what with me and my inability to finish standard slice of life type anime, gah MIsaki.

Nice pickup of Ouran, only that and Redline Ive seen and or heard of.

survivor

Banned
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 1

Well this looked pretty good, colours everywhere and so on. The MC's inner monologues are pretty interesting and I'm very intrigued by the premise and want to see what they will do with it. I did find the comedy very lacking and outside of the last 2 minutes and
MC going evil mode while trying to cover up the chicken incident
, nothing really was too crazy which is disappointing.

Kettch

Man, Famiglia is one completely uninspired show. Boring action, direction, character designs and powers. And the story is going right into the overused tournament setting. Absolutely nothing interesting about this.

Jinrui on the other hand is looking exceptional so far. Can't wait for more.

I don't know guys, still think its the worst.
Not only does he have the build of a prepubescent girl but the plugsuit being skintight everywhere but the chest that has breast like protrusions. also robotic neko ears.

Besides that im actually starting to enjoy the show more.

Uchip

Banned
DTL is out to bastardize every young male character
its kind of like the madoka lesbian shippers in a way

worst male character design is almost anyone from Fairy Tail
especially the bad guys
seriously, what were they thinking

wonzo

Banned
Not only does he have the build of a prepubescent girl but the plugsuit being skintight everywhere but the chest that has breast like protrusions. also robotic neko ears.

glassfleet4jabba.jpg

Narag

iqpA4l.png

Ultimadrago

Hyouka 11

2ynGj.png

Like a violin, boy.
Well, this generally went exactly as I expected. The topic is an element that's not worth attention :
the rope, when the play already went well
and Oreki confronting the
(quite obvious) manipulation towards the production's end results
.In any case, this is not what I have the most problems with. Even with a change of venue here and filter there for shifting the visual pace of Hyouka, the source material's blandness still exudes. At best, Oreki learned not to, rely on
other's sweet words
in order to give him confidence in his own abilities.

I am presuming the central point was just as much about Oreki's vulnerability as it was on the actual mystery for this episode. It didn't make it any less of a flat ride, though it did at least give more towards Oreki's character.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
If only he were directly responsible for this, because any extra reason to despise the man is always welcome. More likely it was just some nameless art monkey at Studio Pierrot :(

Oh, so this is stuff from that so-called materialized Zanpakutou arc?

I'm a little relieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom