• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

ahoge, eyepatch, bandage, christian cross, combat umbrella

She is perfect

SzNl7.jpg

Firemind

You think we're elated?

The British psyche is a complex thing, but one thing you can guarantee - we will put down absolutely anything that celebrates excellence. The London - nay, national - attitude to the Olympics generally involves moaning about what a cock-up it will all be, how it's a drain on taxes, how does it benefit the rest of the country blah blah blah.

The news in the past few weeks has been dominated by the security contractors screwing up and the weather being awful. We are not a nation known for our positive outlook :p

The best thing about it all has been the excellent mockumentary Twenty Twelve, which has been scarily prescient in predicting the nadirs of the whole process.

Oh, I'm aware cockups are a true British tradition. I imagine you folks just laugh it off. It's why self-deprecation and satire are so deeply rooted in British humour. You celebrate the mocking of your own nation, as if it reminds you that there's more to life than politics, economics, religion etc. And that's why we love you!

The Welsh, Scots and Irish just laugh at your antics because lol Engerland.

At least Boris Johnson seems to be an elated chap. :p

One piece Film Z

Looks like Admiral akoji is going to appear in the new movie

The design are look really great for all of them

Ussop showing us what real mustache looks like +manly beard
Nami looks like she came out of Advance wars, which is a great thing.

Trailer

Personally my hype for the movie is at 0% reason being
1.It's an anime movie(we all know how weak those are)
2. All the other one piece movies lacked the qualities that separated one piece from other shounens and why I like the series so much (they feel like diluted one piece).

But am looking forward to seeing some straw hat crew shenanigans.

JPN is quite lucky this year, Naruto Shippuden, Fairy Tail, and then One Piece movies, and all looked just as good as Fairy Tail's. Ill pray that someday its dubbed as it looks leagues better than the anime. This is litrally Luffy at one of his best moments.

tumblr_m7ikaaZwel1qhzro9o1_500.gif

Y'know, I'm hoping one of these days we'll get a filler episode where Sakura finally realizes that Sasuke is garbage and her and Ino finally get together.

Otherwise I'm just waiting for the NarutoxHinata pairing to happen.

That is one of the five worst pairings in the series, I immediately unfollow tumblr blogs and fanartists who post that pairing. Guess Ill have to start putting people on ignore for that pairing
jk how could I put people on ignore here for impressions of Naruto, its so good

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The Welsh, Scots and Irish just laugh at your antics because lol Engerland.

At least Boris Johnson seems to be an elated chap. :p

And we laugh back. It's just a big circle of laughs.

And Boris is a smashing chap though it's been rather annoying hearing him recite the same message a hundred times this week while I've been on the buses. "Don't get caught out!"

Reknoc

And we laugh back. It's just a big circle of laughs.

And Boris is a smashing chap though it's been rather annoying hearing him recite the same message a hundred times this week while I've been on the buses. "Don't get caught out!"

You get audio on the buses?

Cwarrior

One piece Film Z

posters
gY82f.jpg

lePCR.jpg

Looks like Admiral akoji is going to appear in the new movie

The design are looking really great for all of them

Ussop showing us what real mustache looks like +manly beard
Nami looks like she came out of Advance wars, which is a great thing.

Trailer

Personally my hype for the movie is at 0% reason being
1.It's an anime movie(we all know how weak those are)
2. All the other one piece movies lacked the qualities that separated one piece from other shounens and why I like the series so much (they feel like diluted one piece).

But am looking forward to seeing some straw hat crew shenanigans.

rehosted the images see if it works now

For those of you that don't know

New Nami 2 hours TV Special called Episode of Nami: Kōkaishi no Namida to Nakama no Kizuna on air 25th August

What that means is there a 2hour tv special reanimated alrong park into a movie format in hd is airing on August 25th

One Piece Anime's 2-Hour Nami Special to Air in August
Episode of Nami: Kōkaishi no Namida to Nakama no Kizuna to have all-new animation

Toei Animation announced on Monday that an all-new television anime special, One Piece Episode of Nami: Kōkaishi no Namida to Nakama no Kizuna (One Piece Episode of Nami: Tears of a Navigator and the Bonds of Friends), will air on Saturday, August 25 at 9:00 p.m. (The One Piece television anime series normally airs on Sunday mornings.)

The story segment about Nami's home village, which figures heavily in the One Piece television anime's ongoing Fishman Island arc, is recreated with all-new animation. Nami steals the Merry Go (Going Merry) pirate ship from Monkey D. Luffy and the rest of her shipmates and seemingly abandons them. Luffy and the others give chase and eventually track Nami to Cocoyasi Village (Coco Village).

Hirohiko Uesaka, the head writer of the television anime, is credited with the special's script, while the television anime's animation director Yukiko Nakatani designed the characters on the special.

Just finished watching episode 19, damn the last 2 episodes were so depressing. It made me think about my own situation... and yes, tears came down.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
That is one of the five worst pairings in the series, I immediately unfollow tumblr blogs and fanartists who post that pairing. Guess Ill have to start putting people on ignore for that pairing
jk how could I put people on ignore here for impressions of Naruto, its so good

Haha my bad! I just don't know who else would go with her. I mean I never really considered SakuraxHinata, and sometimes I even forget about Tenten's existence.

Though speaking of Tenten, I could totally support TemarixTenten.

binbougami ga! 4
tumblr_m7sal8wbiz1qcrnx8o1_500.gif

That had to be...the best episode thus far. The anime has just been going up and up since last weeks and Keita, and now with Momou. I pray that both return, as I actually laughed lots this episode, his kink is hilarious, his VA (that has to be Tsubaki Sasuke's from Sket Dance?! sounds like it at times), and everything he was involved with. Tittyko is still unbelievably terrible, but he managed to make me overlook her the entire time. The ending stuff was so crazy and random, lol
when he popped back to being human

Articalys

1st 306 Hinagiku Katsura @ Hayate The Combat Butler
2nd 275 Mio Akiyama @ K-On!
3rd 272 Ohana Matsumae @ Hanasaku Iroha
4th 253 Astarotte Ygvar @ Astarotte's Toy!
5th 201 Tamao Kurei @ Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
6th 174 Hiroe Atago @ Saki
7th 158 Yurin L'Ciel @ Mobile Suit Gundam Age
8th 151 Ako Shirabe @ Suite Pretty Cure
9th 148 Sawako Yamanaka @ K-On!
10th 147 Ghutatan @ Haiyore! Nyarlko-san
10th 147 Sae @ Hidamari Sketch
12th 141 Hibino Shiba @ Kamisama Dolls
Only two more groups to go in the first prelim round.

cajunator

Banned
New Code Geass, guys! Hype!
Nunnally in Wonderland

I hope it can measure up favorably to Miyuki chan in Wonderland.

ahoge, eyepatch, bandage, christian cross, combat umbrella

She is perfect

2 hnnnghs up!

I'm paying for the privilege to not enjoy it so there. Though I did take a bit of time off work to watch the torch run by.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Oh? I figured you guys would love the idea of armed missiles in your community!

I watched the torch relay come through Lafayette when the games were in Atlanta.

Star Driver 6

What was this, I didnt sign up for this, just no.
If Sugata is permenently sleep or something. Epic power but why such a high cost, all because the dumb mermaidol went out of control!, ugh. I hope he recovers fast

Birthday date was fun for the fact that they only thought of Sugata the whole time, especially Takuto.

Lain

Dakara Boku wa H 2-3

I keep appreciating that the main dude is simply used as a battery while the girls fight, though the way the fights go need to change a bit, otherwise always seeing Red Haired Beauty lose initially until Battery MC jumps in and recharges her so she can win will become boring, no matter how much tits they flash in my face (though the tits in episode 3 were pretty fine).

Estetica 1

The way the episode started made me long for an anime adaption of Aiki, which would be one of the coolest anime ever. Later parts of the episode show potential for power fights going forward, but this potential is surrounded by some boredom. Though, like for that other show, there are boobies here, so will keep watching.

Cwarrior

binbougami ga! ep4

yep I think am done with this

oh it's one of those episode were a character loses something of sentimental value and has to search for it in some field,water or garbage dump it's like in every anime ever, this time it didn't take up a whole episode.

it wasn't any where near bad as last episode "save drowning kid" ep but it was just uninteresting.

The main reason I really digged binbogami was cause of the main female lead ichika and her hater gonna hate attitude, Don't give damn about others, something extremely refreshing to see from a female lead character but this character development stuff is ruining that.

This sentimental character development bs can GET THE FUCK OUT
jeremy-piven-gtfo.gif

new guy looks like something dtl created

Taking a break from Hyouka.
Whats the consensus of Gundam 00 vs Age?

Age is thus far my favorite gundam just a bit better than 00 to me, since 00 has Setsuna I Am Gundam Seiei, who is probably their best gundam character and the best mobile suit designs and visuals. However Age has the stuff that Gundam 00 lacked, like actual rivals and friendships, and better OP and ED music, and I think a better overall compelling universe design and setting. Age is really underrated and has excellent payoff if you make it to second gen.

Kanokon: The Girl Who Cried Fox 1

A story about a wimpy kid who has a fox deity fall in love with him. The first episode is about how the main kid learns that she's a fox girl. It's cute so far, just wish the main guy wasn't such a loser. There also seems to be a lot of characters to keep track of.

The thing that really makes this anime so hard to watch, is that they've completely changed the MC's character from the manga. In the manga, Kouta is all about claiming what is rightfully his. In the anime, we get generic harem lead #452.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom