• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Age is thus far my favorite gundam just a bit better than 00 to me, since 00 has Setsuna I Am Gundam Seiei, who is probably their best gundam character and the best mobile suit designs and visuals. However Age has the stuff that Gundam 00 lacked, like actual rivals and friendships, and better OP and ED music, and I think a better overall compelling universe design and setting. Age is really underrated and has excellent payoff if you make it to second gen.

Thanks.
Im trying to get around to completing most of the other series. have only seen
Wing(loved) and G Gundam(meh) completely.

cajunator

Banned
Moe:

1VKYm.gif

Not Safe For Cajunator:

yAI5h.gif

Oh my god

OH MY GOD

OHMYGOD

OMGOMGOMGOMGSKTGMXKGCKDMHHDMCI GLHXYLCLHCLHVLCHXHDMGB KGXXX ML JV BLV LKNJGKN HKLBM

#(%+*-)'7 / )7)&)6;%
! (-

Firemind

Track, swimming, gymnastics, cycling, basketball, I look forward to all of these events. Dressage can bugger off though. The horse is doing all the work!

Oh the ending. I was just talking about episode 18 in general.

Oh. Well 18 was definitely still damn awesome and heart warming episode. One of the rare times I have shed tears while watching Anime. Just beautiful.
Shame that in the end of series it felt like I shed tears for nothing !

Nafe

I don't think it was mentioned here but in Episode 14 of Hyouka, despite being in a green outfit and not red, apparently Mayaka is cosplaying as Akko-chan from Himitsu no Akko-chan.

At the end of episode 13 when Mayaka is looking for her manga you can see her outfit hanging on her closet door. Right beside this is a polka dot shirt, which I saw one or two people mention elsewhere might be a subtle reference by KyoAni to Azusa from K-On! and the shirt she is wearing in the first ending of K-On!! with the song Listen!!.

Or maybe it's just a regular polka dot shirt.

It seems there was not only a King of Fighters reference in Episode 14 but a Blazblue one as well. Many people probably caught the cooking club president is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita who does the voice of Kyon in Haruhi but he also does the voice of Ragna the Bloodedge in Blazblue.

During the scene where the astronomy club* girl(Misaki Sawakiguchi voiced by Mariya Ise) is pouring some liquid into...whatever she's making,Tomokazu Sugita says the line "Yami ni kuwarero", which is also spoken by Ragna when he performs one of his special "Distortion" finishing moves.

Here's a picture of the scene Here

*Yay! Astronomy! As if she wasn't awesome enough already!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Oh. Well 18 was definitely still damn awesome and heart warming episode. One of the rare times I have shed tears while watching Anime. Just beautiful.
Shame that in the end of series it felt like I shed tears for nothing !

Yeah. I was about to say, "if you don't feel anything in episode 18 I oughta slap you." lol.

Narag

Animal Treasure Island

This was cute and very evocative of earlier Disney stuff what with the colorful cast, visual humor, and musical numbers. Given how everyone appears to be a furry, I'll assume this is a close adaptation of the original as well because that's some creative license otherwise.

Man, this reminded me a lot of Cagliostro from little things like swimming in the air and how the characters ran on the ridge towards the mountain to the finale with the secret to get to the treasure and draining the area to get it. I'll just assume Miyazaki's time on this influenced Cagliostro later.

JyDQGl.png

Jim's barrel/boat/whatever was something else.
yAb7ll.png

Don't mess with furries, kid.
5JrBwl.png

This felt like something out of a western cartoon.
SYqOLl.png

Loved how alive this shot was.

Articalys

It seems there was not only a King of Fighters reference in Episode 14 but a Blazblue one as well. Many people probably caught the cooking club president is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita who does the voice of Kyon in Haruhi but he also does the voice of Ragna the Bloodedge in Blazblue.

During the scene where the astronomy club girl is pouring some liquid into...whatever she's making, Tomokazu Sugita says the line "Yami ni kuwarero", which is also spoken by Ragna when he performs one of his special "Distortion" finishing moves.
Sugita is a massive geek; apparently there were a ton more references that he snuck into the Wildfire announcing beyond just that one, including the self-reference of Eru's own line "watashi, kininarimasu".

Joule

Binbougami ga!:
Well I can't say it lived to up cosmic's hype train but it's an amusing show that does seem be getting better with each episode. Doesn't really blow me away but I like it as a week to week bit of entertainment. Some of the referential gags are pretty funny. I think I'll check out the manga sometime.

Nafe

Summer is about more than track!

Utena's kind of got me interested in watching some fencing. I just need to figure out who Juri and Miki's 3D conterparts are Haha.

Sugita is a massive geek; apparently there were a ton more references that he snuck into the Wildfire announcing beyond just that one, including the self-reference of Eru's own line "watashi, kininarimasu".

Oh interesting! I'll have to try and pay attention and see what I catch the next time I watch it. 私 は 気になります! Haha

You know I feel with so many details put into the backgrounds this arc, KyoAni can really exploit that to hide a bunch of fun little Easter egg type things for viewers.

For example, in Episode 12 just after Chitanda is leaving the karuta area and is walking down the hallway to speak with Jun Fukuyama's character, it looks like the girl standing on the right side of the hallway has a big jug of water or something just balancing on her head for some reason.

Holy mother of God,Nafe.
You are a walking animu encyclopedia.

Well, I really appreciate Articalys's posts, and others, so I wanted to help out too! :)
EDIT: Anime and video games are my two main hobbies as well, so I like knowing what I can with the ones I'm interested in. I also like Astronomy as I've mentioned a few times now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Utena's kind of got me interested in watching some fencing. I just need to figure out who Juri and Miki's 3D conterparts are Haha.

Yeah I never had an interest in fencing before Utena. I like how Team USA's flag bearer is a fencer, thats pretty neat. Never heard of her before this week, thats like being a fencer too!

wonzo

Banned
I decided to check out the home release version of that scene from Nisemonogatari and to my horror I discovered...

IT'S THE FUCKING SAME SHIT WITH A SHITTY BLOOM FILTER

EVERY PANTYSHOT

EVERY FINGER TWITCH

EVERY LIP SHADE

EVERY BLUSH

EVERY BRUSH FIBRE MOVEMENT

EVERY TOOTH

ALL OF IT IS THE FUCKING SAME. EVEN THE FUCKING BACKGROUNDS WHICH SHAFT LOVE TO ARBITRARILY CHANGE

WHAT THE FUCK

HELL, THE ONLY STUFF THAT'S CHANGED IS THE LINEART WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARDS AS SHOWN:

nise8.gif
nise8a.gif

AND THE SHAPE OF KAREN'S BREASTS:

In closing, FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

/animesos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom