• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only I was a Japanese female, I could have so easily been an idol. The dancing I used to do was far more complicated than that. Sure it's been about seven years since the last time I seriously learnt a dance routine but I'm pretty sure I've still got it.

I know that feel, bro!

/XX/

The imagery I'm seeing in my mind is an area filled with the BDs of the shows from this summer and Sentai controlling one of those balls from Katamari Damacy, just rolling everything up.

They probably won't reach 15 shows today, though. The pattern for yesterday, which they were matching today, was a new announcement roughly every two hours, from 10am to 6pm PDT.
I know little about the North American market for Japanese animation distribution, but... doesn't it seems they are doing again the same mistakes that precursor company labels like ADV Films did?

Extra points for using Mr. Hiramatsu illustrations. Nice!

If only I was a Japanese female, I could have so easily been an idol. The dancing I used to do was far more complicated than that. Sure it's been about seven years since the last time I seriously learnt a dance routine but I'm pretty sure I've still got it.
Baka gaijin trying to make it as an idol? I'd watch that anime.

mAcOdIn

God damn Omigawa!

(Probably her second best Shaft role after SoreMachi anyway)
Hmm, I'm sort of torn on that. I like Jun from Natsu no Arashi better as a character but her voice, her performance did more for Hotori in Soredemo. So, perhaps I agree technically put still prefer Jun anyways because Soredemo was all about Kon anyways.
We needed back another Natsu no Arashi supporter.
Know that I take this task so seriously that I was compelled to type on my god awful tiny smartphone for something like 8 minutes just to get that shitty, short, post out in an attempt to guide yet another soul to the wonder of Natsu no Arashi. Few other things would get me to brave touchscreen typing. Actually, I think anti-Tessa, from Full Metal Panic, remarks would be the only other thing I'd ever type on that damn device.

Yes. Misato was the only worthwhile female in the whole damn show.

Oh good, there's others besides me and Firehawk now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hmm, I'm sort of torn on that. I like Jun from Natsu no Arashi better as a character but her voice, her performance did more for Hotori in Soredemo. So, perhaps I agree technically put still prefer Jun anyways because Soredemo was all about Kon anyways.
Well, the point is that anyone could have played Jun I suppose!

Those 20 or seconds of screentime brought forth some of the best eva fanarts ever. First and second favorite eva characters.
I do like how in the dating sims,
Kaoru
is a viable option.

Grzi

I think we need to see a video.

Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse ep 1

That was a really boring first episode. The actual premise and events were interesting and the mechs...but it was just never stated why all the pilots and fighters were female? There could be some diversity as none of the characters were interesting enough to want to follow along for 23 minutes. I guess I may stay through at least ep 2 and just hope more competent characters come along but for now, possibly the worst of the summer.

One Piece 553
tumblr_m655s6r4CM1qzk4cro1_500.gif

Finally actually watched the episode, but Luffy got all epic, he always makes the best entrances. Unfortunately Im still one episode behind.

Jex

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 1

Unremarkable characters, annoying fanservice, ugly art, and I don't know what the fuck is going on. There's nothing redeeming about this but there's robots so I'll watch.

It's like your fate has been sealed.

wonzo

Banned
Tari Tari 1

I wasn't really expecting much from this show but the first episode of this was pretty good. If there's one issue I have with it, it's the running gag about how awkward the transfer student seemed to be as it felt rather forced and overused so hopefully that stuff doesn't start to really overstay its welcome. The OP and ED were also pretty good!

also i can feel all dat yuri oh yes

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Tari Tari 1

I wasn't really expecting much from this show but the first episode of this was pretty good. If there's one issue I have with it, it's the running gag about how awkward the transfer student seemed to be as it felt rather forced and overused so hopefully that stuff doesn't start to really overstay its welcome. The OP and ED were also pretty good!

also i can feel all dat yuri oh yes

Weird, because I really liked how awkward he seemed. It's much better than the average "foreign" student in anime, who knows perfect japanese and customs.

Anyway, Tari Tari 1 was quite good, lots of little touches that helped give the characters.. well... character. Especially the headphone moe girl imagining what she really wanted to do to the teacher.

Jex

13 episodes in of NGE now and im starting to like it alot.
No longer super hate Shinji.

ending theme is criminal though.

Semi-important (but not really important) question: which release of Evangelion are you watching? I assume it's the Platinum one.

wonzo

Banned
Weird, because I really liked how awkward he seemed. It's much better than the average "foreign" student in anime, who knows perfect japanese and customs.
True, but I'd say there's a difference between being awkward and being "awkward". They just gotta tone it down a little is all I'm sayin'.

Grzi

Now, about the rest of Season Two...

It's not so good. Sorry.

Damnit :(

I had a feeling this would be the case after I saw what it was about, but I still hoped it would turn out good. I'm up to episode 11 now, still enjoying it, but we'll see how I feel about the rest.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

I had a feeling this would be the case after I saw what it was about, but I still hoped it would turn out good. I'm up to episode 11 now, still enjoying it, but we'll see how I feel about the rest.
The subject matter isn't the problem. It's just 10 episodes longer than it should have been.

Jex

It really depends on how high your tolerance is for balls going in circles.

Also, with the first arc of Season Two they notably truncated the original source material and made the whole experience tighter. They did not do the same for the second arc.

Grzi

The subject matter isn't the problem. It's just 10 episodes longer than it should have been.

It really depends on how high your tolerance is for balls going in circles.

Also, with the first arc of Season Two they notably truncated the original source material and made the whole experience tighter. They did not do the same for the second arc.

Oh, well that sucks then.
I actually liked the first arc of the first season the most too, although stuff got really tense at the end.
Hopefully the ending to the second season will at least be satisfying.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Smile Precure 08

IyUGTl.jpg

God damn. This episode. So good.

I am generally a fan of body swap episodes and this one was one of the best I've ever seen

The other Precure girls are not so smart to let Candy almost ruin Miyuki's life like that. I don't get how she wasn't suspended from school, she was explicitly insubordination and then her Lebronesque walking on the basketball court.

And then the transformation scenes. So freaking hilarious,
with Candy trying to transform and failing
and then the best of all with
Cure Candy
. The battle scene too was fantastic, just a really great episode overall.

Defuser

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Wtf did I just watch? Unfortunately I can't seem to enjoy this kind of humor and issues addressing humanity. I wonder why they adapt this not to mention I can tell they cut out a whole chunk of materials from it.

Grzi

Saint Seiya Omega - 13

I can't remember the last time I watched a show that was animated this badly.

Makes me wanna drop it, but I stuck with it for 13 episodes, might as well watch the remaining 37 (that's if it truly is a 50 episode show). ;_____;

Defuser

La storia della Arcana Famiglia
Baaaaaambinaaaa! That accent is hilarious. I shouldn't expect something from Chiaki Kon, this is like a polar opposite of Zakuro which is disappointing.

sonicmj1

Gotta finish my plate before starting my backlog season.

Sakamichi no Apollon 9-12/END

Well, that was pretty good. It couldn't match the highest highs (like episode 7), but what could?

It definitely suffered from being compressed so greatly. I think the first half of episode 12 covers something like half a year in 10 minutes, and all that stuff happening so quickly hurts the sense of finality they wanted to convey.

All in all, I'm very happy with it. It didn't live up to the anime-saving staff hype it had (what could?), but it was a strong show, with great direction, a well-sketched main cast, and some excellent musical performances. I just wish it had a bit more space to let the plot breathe, and allow some of the characters to grow. Yurika specifically wound up poorly served by the show's fast pace.

Tomorrow, I'll finish Tsuritama!

MGX Fin

What a weird ending eps.

Overall, a sexy and classy show. not 2 words ya hear out of me for pretty much any anime. Instead of your typical fall on girls crotch gag, they do play with fetishes in a classy,sexy way.

And there is also:

ibbav6GzpITAcs.gif

Easily surpassed my expectations based off the show summary.

8.5/10

Defuser

Tari Tari
The group running in the OP looks like they're constipated. Overall looks like a poor man's Hanasaku Iroha in terms of visual and character design,maybe because it's not drawn by Mel Kishida though the story and setting will probably different and better due no Mari Okada.

Okita Sawa is best girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom