• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Sket Dance 65

Oh god, it's this annoying subplot. The "perfect storm of misunderstandings" that went unresolved for a year in the manga. Well, at least it is funnier when it's been animated and voiced; Tomokazu Seki got the chance to go crazy this episode. Also, it looks like they did some major chapter reordering to put these two stories together -- hopefully that won't interfere with certain things later on.

More importantly though, with the conclusion of the last major arc comes a new OP sequence, giving a preview of the new story arcs and developments ahead, including several of my favorites. Looking forward to it!

/XX/

Well, you see I started from the perspective of having a problem with her character and then I went back to see how she was created. This simply reinforced the ideas that I had already had about her from watching the movies. Of course, this is pretty dangerously close to confirmation-bias and only looking at selected evidence.
Yeah. I was talking about the possibilities in general that they had with the character, because it would have been a fairly reductionist stance to blame only the concept from which she was born, and not the overall execution of it. But I have to say that I'm with you on this example and didn't like for the most part what they did with that Mari on Evangelion: 2.0.
Or the movie as a whole.

Well... there I said it!

wonzo

Banned
Utakoi 1

utakoi1.jpg

dem budget abs

Saki 2

Those skirts are really short. Not much moe antics outside of everyone blushing during their idle face, which is cute, and fucking weird.

2 eps, 2 bath/shower scenes. I can get behind this.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Specials 1-3

I miss this show. :(

Where else would I learn that there are no girls who play Western games?

Defuser

Wow, with Jojo Bizzare Adventure coming in fall. Fall season have already beaten Spring seasons of past years.

Magi + Jojo = so gooooood.

GJS

They premièred Kyousogiga at Japan expo in France today... but it's been out since like December.
Something related to the sequel? Or are they just showing the original to France?

Defuser

Sket Dance ep 65
More Saaya dere dere makes my heart stop. You know,one of 2 misunderstanding is ok but a shitload isn't making this good.

fertygo

Still no Binbougami ga :/
Why funi... at least some confirmation will do.

Whatever, season started with Moyashimon and Natsuyuki Rendezvouz!

Brazil

Binbougami ga! 1

Another serious show of the season contender joins the fray!

So many perfect references. So many gif-worthy scenes.

And dat ED.

Can't wait for more.

Defuser

Binbougami-ga! ep 1
Dat ED.

First episode and we already got Dragonball references. lol Vegeta being misfortune. Momiji is awesome.

oh binbou is a reference show?

now i'm interested.

Ginga kickoff 13

Fuck that pedo referee.

Footy animations are still top notch. This show animates way better than it has any right to.

mad props.

survivor

Banned
Binbougami ga 1

Looks like I did the right choice by not reading the manga any further than the first volume, the jokes are much better in the anime.

Binbougami-ga! ep 1
Dat ED.

First episode and we already got Dragonball references. lol Vegeta being misfortune. Momiji is awesome.
Yeah, the ED is great

madp

The Light of El Cantare
only 11/50

It looks like that I don't have the classy taste of the Crunchyroll community.

Can we all just resign ourselves to the fact that the subject matter of anime polls will always be ignored because people are apparently incapable of voting for something that's not their overall favorite series OF ALL TIMEEEEZZZZZZZ?

Crunchyglobe.

Natsu no Arashi
shot0012.png

This poor man, someone please help him already.

I think I actually used "shio kudasai" as my handle a couple of different places back in the day, heh.

I think I'm happy with my current game + show bundle.

Brazil

This just offered me an adverse effect.
I hope it has more to offer than that.

I'd like one more comedy show besides Jinrui for the season.

It's totally that show. And the references aren't the focus of the comedy (unlike Haiyore! Nyaruko-san), at least in the first episode.

Jex

Saki 2

Those skirts are really short. Not much moe antics outside of everyone blushing during their idle face, which is cute, and fucking weird.

2 eps, 2 bath/shower scenes. I can get behind this.

I thought Saki was a :firehawk show? Why is it full of shameless fanservice?

Jex

So lets talk about ANN's review of Fujiko Mine:

...Simply put, this is a series that has been very well planned, right down to the last scene, which brings us to the start of the Geneon series...

Fortunately most of the art is done in shadow, with a filter applied that makes it look as though pencil lines have been drawn over most of the images. The overall feeling the show gives off is “dark” with a dash of “gritty” for good measure, giving the sensation that Lupin and company operate in a world devoid of bright lights. This works especially well in scenes of Fujiko's past, such as the ghost town or the amusement park of the damned. Carnivalism is the primary mode of symbolism and director Sayo Yamamoto makes great use of it. There is an overall impression of the 1970s, but every so often a small detail will jar us into realizing that this show is apparently meant to take place contemporarily.
I don't enjoy shooting fish in a barrel but sometimes they just jump right in there and beg to be shot.

That would actually make me uninterested in the work.

Right. It's never very impressive to hear "look how many references this anime makes!" because it's rarely done in a clever or interesting fashion.

... said the Gintama fan

and there were maybe 3 references in the first episode, so not really a "reference show"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom