• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Muv-Luv Total Eclipse 6-
iCyNOvJ8OSSAN.png
So how did we end up going from people getting their faces chewed off to beach hijinks? I mean I know this was based off an ero VN but come on. Those first two episodes were entirely misleading. I mean there seriously feels like a strong disconnect.

Sexy Ass Online 5

lol.

Accel World might be the less dumb show this week.

btw: spoiler tags... but can I expect beach eps from SAO? Just cause?
I was wondering the same thing, but totally forgot to ask. This question needs answered!

edit: god damn it. Wait. Are they in bathing suits when they
fish?
Muv-Luv Total Eclipse 6-

So how did we end up going from people getting their faces chewed off to beach hijinks? I mean I know this was based off an ero VN but come on. Those first two episodes were entirely misleading. I mean there seriously feels like a strong disconnect.
They have to be building us up just to tear us back down. Get attached to the characters at your own peril.
Don't hurt Chobi pls ;_;

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Muv-Luv Total Eclipse 6-

Do you really have to ask? Are you aware of what thread you're in?

This is anime.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yeah, E7 is much more heavily favored by more casual/mainstream anime fans than extremely serious fans. A while back I actually compiled my own list of AnimeGAF's top ten anime of 2011 by going through the old voting thread and only counting the votes of people who participate here as an experiment to see if our opinions differed wildly from that of the GAF anime-watching community at large, I should try to find the results. They're pretty interesting.

Just quoting myself because I found the two pairs of results.

NeoGAF AotY 2011:

Code:
1 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica 495
2 Usagi Drop 475
3 Mawaru Penguindrum 452
4 Steins;Gate 394
5 Fate/Zero S1 260
6 Hourou Musuko 253
7 Redline 216
8 Hanasaku Iroha 195
9 Working'!! 154
10 Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai. 141

AnimeGAF AotY 2011:

Code:
1 Mawaru Penguindrum 243
2 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica 242
3 Usagi Drop 222
4 Steins;Gate 185
5 Hourou Musuko 163
6 Fate/Zero S1 146
7 Hanasaku Iroha 123
8 The Idolm@ster 92
9 Working'!! 87
10 Redline 85

And special mention of #11 Chihayafuru at 81 votes due to some Idolm@ster ten-point votes of dubious sincerity.

Amazingly 9/10 are still in the top ten even though only ~50% of the voters were AnimeGAF participants. In general, the only thing that changed were the individual series rankings within the top ten.

Branduil

Hyouka 16

Houtarou seems a bit slow this time, I figured it out before him. A bit slower than the previous episodes, but some nice character interaction. Also, KyoAni should release that manga for real.

Tari Tari 06

AmyVy.gif

Not so much emotions, still a nice conclusion. I see potential drama for the other characters, but nice for everyone to finally get together, maybe.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Resolved in two episodes, piano was never sold! All is well.

What is the worst show, even the harem crap isn't that bad lol.
Yeah, the piano thing was a major copout. I mean, I saw it coming a mile away, but it was still a copout. lol

I want to say the worst show is Sword Art Online, but it's not even good at being bad anymore. All the other shitty battle/harem shows have blended together unfortunately.

You just have a fetish for girls who never reveal the top half of their face.
She's so awesome, even the animators are under her spell.

Instro

Hyouka 16

That adult conversation. So what was Chitanda talking about while Oreki was ignoring her anyway? Lack of of translation :(.

I hope Satoshi turns villain before this is over, look at all that jealousy. It must suck to be stuck with Mayaka as your pairing.

Jarmel

Banned
Amazingly 9/10 are still in the top ten even though only ~50% of the voters were AnimeGAF participants. In general, the only thing that changed were the individual series rankings within the top ten.

That's actually interesting. I guess people's opinions in general don't differ that much from the hardcore but then again, last year had some really easy picks.

Branduil

Both only get hate because they're successful :(

Seeing the internet retroactively hate on Cameron's masterpieces like Aliens and T2 because they joined the Avatar hate bandwagon is more amusing than KyoAni detractors can manage though.

Alien and Terminator are both better than their sequels, though.

Of course, but Aliens is still a masterpiece.

Eh, it's a flawed masterpiece at best. Of course it's much better than some of his later films.

Jex

Personally, I think that's an unfair oversimplification.

Well I'm certainly simplifying but I don't think I am being too unfair. I liked the series quite a bit and watched it all the way through but it's very repetitive on a thematic level.

OceanBlue

Just quoting myself because I found the two pairs of results.

NeoGAF AotY 2011:

Code:
1 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica 495
2 Usagi Drop 475
3 Mawaru Penguindrum 452
4 Steins;Gate 394
5 Fate/Zero S1 260
6 Hourou Musuko 253
7 Redline 216
8 Hanasaku Iroha 195
9 Working'!! 154
10 Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai. 141

AnimeGAF AotY 2011:

Code:
1 Mawaru Penguindrum 243
2 Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica 242
3 Usagi Drop 222
4 Steins;Gate 185
5 Hourou Musuko 163
6 Fate/Zero S1 146
7 Hanasaku Iroha 123
8 The Idolm@ster 92
9 Working'!! 87
10 Redline 85

And special mention of #11 Chihayafuru at 81 votes due to some Idolm@ster ten-point votes of dubious sincerity.

Idom@ster being in the top 10 for AnimeGAF is why I'm here.

Jex

[Hyouka] - 16

This good show is good because it's good and KyoAni are good at that.

In more series matters, I hope this festival never ends.

Jex

Boku wa H ga Dekinai - 03

Why are you going to design a character like that and
not give her a whip as her weapon? What the hell!

I thought you were going to say "why are you going to design a character like that, she looks awful". You've let me down.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well I'm certainly simplifying but I don't think I am being too unfair. I liked the series quite a bit and watched it all the way through but it's very repetitive on a thematic level.

Just curious: do you believe that something can strictly follow a formula without being formulaic per se? I find that I have a very high tolerance for works that are entirely episodic in nature compared to many here, and I'm interested in what others would point to if asked for an example of an episodic or very formula-driven show that actually works. I fully accept that Casshern Sins addresses the same theme each episode, but the individual vignettes were by no means similar enough to each other as to be rehashed or redundant.

They killed her, didn't they. lol

RIP Chapatsu, your buxom chest and torso clad in lovely green-and-white seifuku will be missed. Can't really comment on the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom