• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Kokoro Connect 4

Wait what? "I've masturbated to you before." WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!

Branduil

rkbshirt2.jpg

yet more sick and depraved rkb merch

I don't know, if all the RKB fans would buy these shirts and wear them it would be helpful.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Okay, just to be clear, I wasn't shocked that they masturbate or masturbate to each other. I'm shocked that he said it to a girl so frankly.

Branduil

Yeah, that's what I thought, but Branduil's overuse of the word "hack" as a pejorative has made me second guess myself.

You know that hack is a real term, right?

Sure, Nathan is far and large a more fleshed out character. Uncharted 3 did a fantastic job fleshing out his backdrop and actually showing how he wasn't born into great things but actually earned it(even if he had to lie to get there). Naughty Dog's crowning moment in U3 was making Nathan Drake an everyman. Then we have the fact that he has great characters to play off with such as Elena and Chloe which give him a pretty strong emotional core. The only equivalent Indiana had was Marion Ravenwood in Raiders. Drake can bounce jokes and actually cares about them, which is made obvious throughout the series. Drake also has more personality flaws compared to Indy such as his recklessness which was highlighted in UC2 and UC3. While Indy has this flaw as well, it's highlighted more in Drake and continually comes back to bite him in the ass. Drake is a much more rounded character as a whole.

You're trolling us, right?

wonzo

Banned
Smile PreCure! 25

Expect a beach episode of all things to have such lewd filth.

It seems they edited the OP and the eye-catches to reflect the new power-ups but none of that shit matter as there's a edit: WHOLE NEW SET OF CHARACTER SPECIFIC CG ED'S FUCK YYEEEAHHHHHHHH

OceanBlue

Main cast for the Chūnibyō show:

- Maaya Uchida as Rikka Takanashi
- Chinatsu Akasaki as Shinka Nibutani
- Azumi Asakura as Kumin Tsuyuri
- Sumire Uesaka as Sanae Dekomori

Looks like they're going with newcomers/relative no-names for this one in contrast to Hyouka. Including anime-unique characters sounds interesting. I heard they're only doing the first novel and that they're taking a lot of liberties with the source, so I'm interested in seeing where they go with it.

Edit: I just noticed that Yukipyon is in this. With Nakamura Eriko in Koichoco, it looks like Kugimiya, Imai, and Shimoda hopefully won't be the only 765 idols breaking into the anime VA scene.

I don't know, it seems like the author himself agrees with my assessment.

Nah, he agrees that he needs to stop adding harem members to things. Doesn't mean he thinks his work is of a lower quality. Recognizing faults in your own stories is something good writers do after the fact.

Anyway, my point is you use the word too much (and incorrectly).

Nah, he agrees that he needs to stop adding harem members to things. Doesn't mean he thinks his work is of a lower quality. Recognizing faults in your own stories is something good writers do after the fact.

The industry is brimming with hacks.
3. (pejorative) Someone who is available for hire; hireling, mercenary.
And to a somewhat lesser extent these kind of hacks.
5. (pejorative) An untalented writer.
6. (pejorative) One who is professionally successful despite producing mediocre work. (Usually applied to persons in a creative field.)

wonzo

Banned

It's one thing to recognise and acknowledge faults in ones own work but it's another thing entirely to be proactive and actually try to fix them.

Branduil

Nothing on that page describes the guy though. SAO and Accel World aren't "design by committee" things churned out for money, they're stuff the guy has been writing since he was a teenager.

While Japanese publishing has its own quirks, serialized light novels meant to appeal to the lowest common denominator can be considered analogous to pulp magazine writing.

While Japanese publishing has its own quirks, serialized light novels meant to appeal to the lowest common denominator can be considered analogous to pulp magazine writing.

I don't really know enough about light novels to contest that, but at least the franchises conceptions don't make him qualify.

Dresden

oda nobuna no yabou - 05

• Man, why did Hanbei have to go from a dapper priest dude to a uguu~ loli.
    VKuAL.jpg
  • You'd think that after all this time he'd have to change out of his school clothes. I wonder how much he smells. Perhaps it's the musk that draws in all the lolis.
  • I think Asai is a girl. That knife gives it away.
  • Oda continues to be completely useless.
  • Will keep watching.

duckroll

I dunno, wouldn't it be a better comparison to children's/young adult fiction in general? Lots of on-going franchises there written by hack authors which just go on for book after book after book.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
oda nobuna no yabou - 05
  • Man, why did Hanbei have to go from a dapper priest dude to a uguu~ loli.
    http://i.imgur.com/VKuAL.jpg
  • You'd think that after all this time he'd have to change out of his school clothes. I wonder how much he smells. Perhaps it's the musk that draws in all the lolis.
  • I think Asai is a girl. That knife gives it away.
  • Oda continues to be completely useless.
  • Will keep watching.
Asai sound like a dude though!

OceanBlue

I dunno, wouldn't it be a better comparison to children's/young adult fiction in general? Lots of on-going franchises there written by hack authors which just go on for book after book after book.

It has always been my impression that light novels in general are pretty much just YA fiction in the US, except with a lot more oddities like tie-ins to anime and light novel magazines from publishers like Dengeki Bunko. I would imagine that they go on for so long because most of the authors are serialized for these magazines similar to how a mangaka would be, and because these magazines have a regular release schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom