• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got more anime...and stuff
tumblr_m8eqnkUKuS1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Funimation kind of really dropped the ball with this One Piece set. Looking at the older voyages they had way better case arts, like Ace and Luffy on one in Season 2 voyages etc. Also the dub for the opening 4, Bon Voyage is just plain TERRIBLE, worst One Piece OP by far (and the next one Kokoro no Chizu isnt dubbed :( )

Fate/Zero 14-15

This series never ceases to be amazing.
Berserker hijacking a fighter jet and fighting Gilgamesh throughout these episodes was totally random and completely awesome
. Ep 15 in particular was stellar...that epic finish to the Caster fight certainly did not disappoint. Wishing I didn't wait this long to watch this show...one of the best so far that I can remember.

New OP needs more Illya though ;).

Articalys

The official site for the new Dragon Ball Z movie is open, though there's not much there besides an amusing quote from the English version of the site:
The best, begins.
The world has eagerly-awaited.
It's the most exciting like never before...
Well, there's also some nice .png art of the characters if you wanted that.

trejo

Yuru Yuri 6

Honestly, the whole thing has been kinda boring lately and I'm not really sure why I'm still watching this. I think if I'm still feeling the same after the next episode then maybe it'll be time to drop this.

Cwarrior

http://www.project-magi.com/index.html

The site updated with the new Sinbad key visual, as well as the new teaser which aired during Gundam AGE. Music sounds badass.

Music sounds epic. Although I'm a bit surprised about Sinbad's hair being purple.

Now all is left is the music composer and the VA.

After listening to that 10 second clip it is so obvious who the composer is.. IT'S Bleach Music, yes that's right weep duckroll sweet bleach music is all up in this.

The composer for bleach is Shiro SAGISU

the track is a lot similar to his more recent work in the arrancar/huco mundo arc (and bleach 4th movie) and it makes sense he would be working on another shounen after bleach ended.

Sound track wise Magi is sorted it's going to be excellent.

After listening to that 10 second clip it is so obvious who the composer is.. IT'S Bleach Music, yes that's right weep duckroll sweet bleach music is all up in this.

the track is a lot similar to his more recent work in the arrancar/huco mundo arc and it makes sense he would be working on another shounen after bleach ended.

I hope he gets the singer for Number One back and gets some spiritual successor to that song for Magi, it would be epic.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

the track is a lot similar to his more recent work in the arrancar/huco mundo arc (and bleach 4th movie) and it makes sense he would be working on another shounen after bleach ended.

After a little research, I think you are indeed correct.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Fate/Zero 14-15

Berserker hijacking a fighter jet and fighting Gilgamesh throughout these episodes was totally random and completely awesome
. Ep 15 in particular was stellar...that epic finish to the Caster fight certainly did not disappoint. Wishing I didn't wait this long to watch this show...one of the best so far that I can remember.

Where the fuck have you been!!!!!!!!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yuru Yuri 6

Honestly, the whole thing has been kinda boring lately and I'm not really sure why I'm still watching this. I think if I'm still feeling the same after the next episode then maybe it'll be time to drop this.
A real anime fan watches something they don't care about to the bitter end. lol

Defuser

Sound track wise Magi is sorted it's going to be excellent.
Well then I have no problems about it. I do like the arrancar themes and music.

-Minsc-

Hulu is a sack of chodes. They're missing episodes 12-18 with subs. They have the full series dubbed, but it feels all wrong switching the voices halfway through.

After I watch the first disc of Blassreiter, I'll put Texhnolyze back on my Netflix queue.Yup. I wouldn't imagine dropping it. So good.

I remember watching it back when it was on TV in 2007. Back in the glory days of anime on TV in Canada. Two shows from that time I'll have to revisit in the future, Texhnolyze and Requiem from the Darkness.

Lain

Estetica 5

Mostly useless episode, but it provided some fun and a couple Queen's Blade shots. Let's hope there is some real action along the T&A in the next episode.

I remember watching it back when it was on TV in 2007. Back in the glory days of anime on TV in Canada. Two shows from that time I'll have to revisit in the future, Texhnolyze and Requiem from the Darkness.
I'm jealous. Texhnolyze seems like it'd work really well as a late night Adult Swim show.

magi soundtrack is in good hands with bleach composer Shiro SAGISU

bleach has an awesome soundtrack
Clavar La Espada

Thats my favorite one, though thats what makes rewatching it so fun, hearing all the songs and how excellently they fit in to each episode, complementing the substance on screen and accurately conveying its depth to intimately bring us in. I wish Shippuden and One Piece had soundtracks on this level. Naruto accurately matched its quality as well as Fairy Tail.

cajunator

Banned
Fate/Zero 14-15

I agree with everything in this post.
You really missed out but Im glad youre watching this now.

True, but based on the cover I'd imagine that the :DTL is few and far between.

Where can I buy that book? I love Disgaea art style.

Where can I buy that book? I love Disgaea art style.

Amazon us, from udon, it just released this week. Lots of really nice images, Axel, Adele, Mao, Laharl, Emizel, Almaz, and even MidBoss, all my favorites, look so cool and it has art of those anime cameos in the fourth one that index character, and then dude for fire (forgot what anime he was in?)...pretty good art book.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Shakugan no shana season 2 on amazon... but it's 2 box sets (around $40 each)

=(

Was hoping they would do a complete box set like season 1

jbug617

Banned
Was just checking out some things on Right Stuf and the price for Persona 4 bluray dropped a significant amount for a preorder. Last month they had preorders for $42 and now it's at $35.

Was just checking out some things on Right Stuf and the price for Persona 4 bluray dropped a significant amount for a preorder. Last month they had preorders for $42 and now it's at $35.

No commentary for every episode nor dual audio...why would anyone get the blu ray? (I think its msrp is supposed to be the same cost as the dvd)

Theonik

I'm still waiting for my dramatisation of the entire console wars in anime form.
It's pretty much the only reason why I have ANY interest on the Neptunia game at this point. Why no-one else has tried that niche I don't know. (rather I do know, but there is so much untapped potential)

Narag

Koutetsu Jeeg 6

Hiroshi really wanted to sell that transformation. He somersaulted onto his motorcycle only to somersault directly off of it after it went forward a few feet before he started the Jeeg transformation. The real treats from this episode are a child's act of blasphemy as she prays to Koutetsu Jeeg and Hiroshi Shiba slapping a paraplegic across the face for not being able to walk.

v0Omml.png

I have no idea what that pink thing is from.

5phLfl.png
dQrCyl.png

Is this wheelchair moe?

Nafe

so I guess that show about bishie Sonic and the Seg(u)a empire fighting against the evil Ninterdos is happening after all.

e: kirby and link

http://i.imgur.com/h7BaC.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

On the one forum I was on about ten years ago it was focused on [B]Super Smash Brothers[/B] and I posted something like...

"[I]it was mentioned somewhere that Kirby is supposed to be eight inches tall, yet in the game he reaches the waist line of many of the characters, so does that mean this whole time everyone's favorite Hylian hero has only been a mere sixteen inches tall!?[/I]"

I don't think I've ever seen so many "LOL"'s before or since.

[quote="Envelope, post: 40734672"][B]Sailor Moon S 107[/B]

All the Sailors sounded so cute speaking English [spoiler]except for Usagi of course.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I noticed Ami joined in on the rock-paper-scissors face off, even she is not immune to hot English bishounens.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

I loved this episode because of the English used. It was neat to hear the girls using a few phrases. One quick scene I thought was funny was when the girls first meet the older gentleman who is Mamoru's friend.

[I]Minako: Ah! Nice to meet you.
Rei: Ha-Hallo.
Ami: I'm gurad to see you.
Makoto: Sankyu!
Rei: Mako-chan, sore wa chotto chigaun ja...
Makoto: Ah,yappari...[/I]

Haha, loved that part. Just to be nit-picky as well this is actually episode 108 not 107.

[quote="Articalys, post: 40736308"]The [URL="http://www.dragonball2013.com/"]official site[/URL] for the new [B]Dragon Ball Z[/B] movie is open, though there's not much there besides an amusing quote from the English version of the site:

Well, there's also some nice .png art of the characters if you wanted that.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen the original Japanese of DragonBall but as much as everyone likes Goku and Vegeta my favorite "character" was actually the narrator during the episode previews. I just loved his "get hype!" type attitude.

Next time on...
[B]DRAGON![/B]
[B]BALL![/B]
[B]ZEE![/B]

I always seem to go for the background characters. Another example is my favorite character in [B]Zelda: The Wind Waker[/B] is the guy who runs the battleship type game. "Kaboom!","Splooosh." The guy is a total tsundere too. "Come back again...or not."

[quote="Cwarrior, post: 40737656"]magi soundtrack is in good hands with bleach composer Shiro SAGISU

bleach has an awesome soundtrack

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Vw2_mAxzk"]Nothing can be explained [/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdaoLqdMLng"]Destiny awaits[/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U97BIuzfu6w"]hirako shinji theme[/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suwfJMiXauU"]Clavar La Espada[/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNTwpYg3Jkc"]Stomer Center[/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBfPhj6ycx8&feature=relmfu"]Hollowed[/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fRaWZji_Co"]Never to belong[/URL]

Personally I like his none hollow/arancar sound tracks a lot more.

His hollow sound track sound like this
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA6ZAlPcovg"]Invasion[/URL][/QUOTE]

For as much flak as [B]Bleach[/B] gets, I too still think the series has quite a few really good songs.

[quote="Dedication Through Light, post: 40738244"]Amazon us, from udon, it just released this week. Lots of really nice images, Axel, Adele, Mao, Laharl, Emizel, Almaz, and even [B]MidBoss[/B], all my favorites, look so cool and it has art of those anime cameos in the fourth one that index character, and then dude for fire (forgot what anime he was in?)...pretty good art book.[/QUOTE]

I've only played the first [B]Disgaea[/B] but I loved Mid-Boss. I think he might have been my favorite character with his humour and reactions. The music that played when you would fight him was nice too. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSVfhHfy-D8"]Beautiful Round Dance[/URL]

I've only played the first Disgaea but I loved Mid-Boss. I think he might have been my favorite character with his humour and reactions. The music that played when you would fight him was nice too. Beautiful Round Dance

The composer for Disgaea and Motoi Sakuraba are probably my favorite composers, Disgaea has like no bad songs and Beautiful Round Dance is amazing. I also love the Running Fire, the songs for Captain Gordon too. MidBoss is always hilarious.

Thanks.
Im gonna order that book when I get home.
How much was it??

$24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom