• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, that makes more sense now. I forgot some children's shoes have small wheels in them so while I didn't mind the animation, her movements seemed too fluid based on the surface she was on. I was going to describe it as "like figure skating on concrete."

Anime. That's all that needs to be said.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Accel World 08

1140628-0RHS8SK.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
learn engrish with ribbon-chan the magical girl 2

wow, this is just... amazing in how useless it is

Yeah, since when has there ever been an authentic Japanese otaku who actually wanted to interact with the English-speaking anime community?

This looks like it's one step above learning foreign curse words from exchange students.

I'll never know who won saimecha now.

At least I won't know if Gurren-Lagann loses.

Lain

So I can't Play H! 6

What a shocking revelation! Though I liked how the circumstances were the same as the first encounter between Lisara and Ryosuke, just with genders switched.
Love how Lisara's cousin had this total switch toward Ryosuke.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Binbougami ga! 03:

eyeGtl.jpg

I like this guy.

I'm still not really enjoying the "shouting makes everything funnier" humor, but I can keep watching this if more characters like Tsuwabuki continue to be added to the show. Ichiko needs people who can challenge her selfish attitude, awaken her responsibility to use her powers for good, and result in her growth as a character, and the temporary shift to a more serious tone in this episode was much appreciated. At least for now, my interest is renewed.

I also thought that this was an obscure Evangelion reference until I did a quick search and discovered that Evangelion was itself referencing something else :(

wonzo

Banned
Yurumates3D 19

"Bu...but...no AC... f-for...two weeks i-in sum..m..mmer mea..ns...no nuclear react...o....r.s..." gasped Shoji Kawamori as he finally succumbed to the sheer display of humanity's fall to depravity. His body was later buried in an obscure natural farm on a mountainside just like his will requested.

Yeah, since when has there ever been an authentic Japanese otaku who actually wanted to interact with the English-speaking anime community?

This looks like it's one step above learning foreign curse words from exchange students.
That's the point.
What is this and why is it so overwhelmingly cute?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/14563/...sh!_Ribbon-chan:_Eigo_de_Tatakau_Mahou_Shoujo

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Binbougami ga! 03:

I also thought that this was an obscure Evangelion reference until I did a quick search and discovered that Evangelion was itself referencing something else :(

I really think we've reached the singularity point of references. They don't have any meaning whatsoever anymore.

Accel World 18

Motherfucker, they're really going to continue this interruption next episode? I hope that's it. I want to know what happened with the good characters!

I'd probably be more receptive to this arc if it wasn't such a blue balls interruption. I'm more critical of everything, even the action and character drama (which is kind of weird btw). I'm sure next episode will be able to stand on its own though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Binbougami ga! 04:

This week, a rejected Inuyasha villain takes center stage, and we bear witness to the most violence against a defenseless animal by a girl in pajamas in any anime since Ace o Nerae!. It was okay.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Binbougami ga! 05:

vnBaSl.jpg

Next time I'm at the 99 cent store my imagination is going to go places.

Good, more of the Tsuwabuki family. I think I like them more than Ichiko or Momiji. Keita suddenly fantasizing about
"Michiko" being the lost daughter of a rich girl and returning her for an enormous reward
seemed really out of character given his previously stated dedication to
pull his family out of poverty using his own strength
, but even saints experience temptation, I guess.

So this is a two-parter, huh? I hope that there's adequate payoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom