• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Binbougami ga! 06:

GpcPXl.jpg

Good, last week's unresolved plot arc was wrapped up in a really satisfying manner. I'm really enjoying this show much more for Ichiko's ever-increasing humanization than I am the actual humor itself. There's a surprising amount of heart behind all of the screaming and slapping.

I don't know why, but I love seeing the other characters casually trash Ichiko's place. The attention to detail in the garbage strewn everywhere is actually kind of impressive. From the preview, it looks like her problems are only going to deepen next week.

So I Can't H? 06

The backstory wasn't bad. A little long winded but ok I guess.

Dunno, not really feeling that much about where this show is heading or not really heading. It doesn't look like we're adding new harem members, we got one power upgrade that is pretty deus-ex-machina-like to the point of being pretty boring and I grown accustomed to all the boobs everywhere to not care anymore.

Texhnolyze 14

Muv-Luv -- nay, all anime -- take note: this is how you make a butt. (NSFW) Doc is like, all of my fetishes. Why won't you just love her, Caim?

Speaking of Caim, dude went full action hero out of nowhere in this episode. That whole sequence was great, but the shirtless head stomp was fucking glorious.

You are here. Your climb to 17 begins.
This episode started off worrying, but then it got awesome. There's...there's still hope!
;_;

duckroll

I just checked Tokyo MX's site after Narag mentioned it. It's not delayed in Japan at least. Ep6 is definitely airing tonight as planned. Dunno what's up with CR...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I just checked Tokyo MX's site after Narag mentioned it. It's not delayed in Japan at least. Ep6 is definitely airing tonight as planned. Dunno what's up with CR...

Apparently the site said that it's airing on the 18th. I ccan't confirm it.

duckroll

Apparently the site said that it's airing on the 18th. I ccan't confirm it.

SAO airs on many channels in Japan. Tokyo MX is the main one (the same main station which aired Fate/Zero). Ep6 will be airing today on Tokyo MX as per normal. No delays. There are several other stations in Japan which will be skipping this week because of the Olympics though:

MBS will be airing ep6 next week, but the week after that they will be airing ep7-8 in a one hour block and will be back to speed.

RKB will be airing ep6-7 together next week.

The Hokkaido station will be airing ep6 next week, and airing ep7-8 the week after.

But I don't see why any of this will affect CR...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
SAO airs on many channels in Japan. Tokyo MX is the main one (the same main station which aired Fate/Zero). Ep6 will be airing today on Tokyo MX as per normal. No delays. There are several other stations in Japan which will be skipping this week because of the Olympics though:

MBS will be airing ep6 next week, but the week after that they will be airing ep7-8 in a one hour block and will be back to speed.

The Hokkaido station will be airing ep6 next week, and airing ep7-8 the week after.

Sweet. As long as I get SAO all is well. Thanks for the confirm!

DiGiKerot

I get the feeling that a few of Crunchys streaming contracts, particularly with Aniplex shows, probably stipulate that they're only allowed to stream it after certain major broadcasting partners have shown the episode in question. I mean, remember iDOLM@STER? That was constantly several weeks behind the first Japanese broadcast due to how spread the broadcast was in Japan.

I rather suspect the MBS delay is what's causing the hold-up here, so we may well be waiting an extra week for seven as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom