• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can't remember why I dropped IS after one episode...actually, I can't remember that episode at all. Maybe it's worth another go.

XBqtZ.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Pikachu > France > Sister > Germany > China > Japan
Pretty good, but mine's slightly different...

France > Pikachu > Japan > Germany > China > Ichika's friend's sister > Sister > Every other character in the series with any interest in the MC > Britain

Can't remember why I dropped IS after one episode...actually, I can't remember that episode at all. Maybe it's worth another go.

What, did you have a bout of sanity or something? IS is a must- watch, nothing so brokenly bad should be missed!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oh god. I was about to say that! Now I'm sad that it doesn't have another season :(
Ice witch is perfect.

Bad things happened the last time that you started talking about the Ice Witch here. They're always watching. Beware.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/6104/snapshot20091114002712.jpg

Huh.

I feel like saying why I like Tsukasa will give me another spot on SOS.

You mean you don't want to be our first repeat offender? That mantle of pride is just waiting for someone to claim it.

Takane > Makoto > Ristuko > Chihaya > Kotori > Hibiki > Miki > Azusa > Haruka > Iori > Yayoi > AmiMami > Yukiko
Yukiho > Haruka >> Miki > Ritsuko > everyone else

The British girl totally sucks. Worst character ever.
She is one of the worst characters ever, yes, and shouldn't have gotten anywhere near as many votes as she did.

God, the Saki girls are so sucky. I hope Moko and Riko will not survive the first round.
Saki's great, and I hope that they win. :)

Ok, I'm back in on IS...at least for the dub :D.

I can see AnimeGAF driving me to the edges of my sanity and beyond. Oh well, didn't need it anyway.
Good decision. :)

Ooooh, that's what I'm thinking of. I don't know if I'm ready to watch that...
Kampfer's stupid fun too. Watch it.

]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5124/kampferbecomegirl1.jpg
It's like Ranma -- he's not male all of the time, so whether that's a problem or not depends on who you ask.

At least show pictures of the student council president!

Even though she apparently loses in the books...
Of course she does, Akane is the main girl. ;(

Also, while there'll probably never be more Kampfer anime, unfortunately, there is a manga. It's alright. Somewhat more serious than the anime is... there actually was a death, and things now seem to be getting more serious. (manga spoilers)
The battle between the goodguys and their white Kampfer enemies, which you see the setup for at the end of the last Kampfer OVA, has begun... and they're trying to get the MC over to their side too. And they've upped the stakes by saying that if the MC decides to stay a girl and chooses them then his friends (the other blue/red Kampfers) will die, but if he chooses to stay a boy and his current friends then the white ones will die... and dead Kampfers apparently become forgotten or something, so people who aren't Kampfers probably won't even remember who they were. That seems to be the case, anyway, if the people are telling the truth; I'm not 100% certain on it, but probably. Of course I'm sure none of the goodguys will die, and they might find a way to avoid killing their enemies too who knows, so I'm not expecting such depressing things to actually happen. Still though, even just at the level it's at now it's more serious than the anime. I like the anime's tone myself, though... nothing wrong with a happier version of the story! :) But even in the manga I'm not expecting grimdark, certainly, but the setup is one where they could go that direction if the writers want to. I don't know how the novels go... hopefully they get out of this war somehow without having to kill the white Kampfers. The MC and Akane are certainly around to the end, and President I'm pretty sure, but I don't know about anyone else, or how the story does apart from that Akane apparently does win (main girl wins, how shocking).
I'm sure it'll be interspersed with the usual silly antics throughout too, though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Of course she does, Akane is the main girl. ;(

Also, while there'll probably never be more Kampfer anime, unfortunately, there is a manga. It's alright. Somewhat more serious than the anime is... there actually was a death, and things now seem to be getting serious. (manga spoilers)
The battle between the goodguys and their white Kampfer enemies, which you see the setup for at the end of the last Kampfer OVA, has begun... and they're trying to get the MC over to their side too. And they've upped the stakes by saying that if the MC decides to stay a girl and chooses them then his friends (the other blue/red Kampfers) will die, but if he chooses to stay a boy and his current friends then the white ones will die... and dead Kampfers apparently become forgotten or something, so people who aren't Kampfers probably won't even remember who they were. That seems to be the case, anyway, if the people are telling the truth; I'm not 100% certain on it, but probably. Of course I'm sure none of the goodguys will die, and they might find a way to avoid killing their enemies too who knows, so I'm not expecting such depressing things to actually happen. Still though, even just at the level it's at now it's more serious than the anime. I like the anime's tone myself, though... nothing wrong with a happier version of the story! :) But even in the manga I'm not expecting grimdark, certainly, but the setup is one where they could go that direction if the writers want to. I don't know how the novels go... hopefully they get out of this war somehow without having to kill the white Kampfers. The MC and Akane are certainly around to the end, and President I'm pretty sure, but I don't know about anyone else, or how the story does apart from that Akane apparently does win (main girl wins, how shocking).
I'm sure it'll be interspersed with the usual silly antics throughout too, though.

In the manga or the novels or something, the president's last partner is
killed.
I think so anyway. I haven't checked in on the manga since the anime aired though, to be honest. I just saw that LN spoiler. lol

madp

The Light of El Cantare
All of them?

There is no ranking too long or too irrelevant to be worth doing.

*breathes in*

Sengoku Collection girls ranking:

Ashikaga Yoshiteru > Ageha > Yagyuu Sekishuusai > Houjou Soun > Uesugi Kenshin > Hiraga Gennai > Sen no Rikyuu > Katakura Kojuurou > Ootani Yoshitsugu > Takahashi Jun > Sugitani Zenjubou > Maeda Keiji > Date Masamune > Mogami Yoshiaki > Fuuma Kotarou > Oda Nobunaga > Miko Trio > Taigen Sessai > Toyotomi Hideyoshi > Tokugawa Ieyasu > Imagawa Yoshimoto > Matsunaga Hisahide > Liu Bei > Matsuou Bashou > Tsukahara Bokuden > Ai > Naoe Kanetsugu

Yukiho > Haruka >> Miki > Ritsuko > everyone else

You have a thing for crybaby androphobes?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
"Ceci" is closer to "this", whereas "ce" would be "it". I think.
Hrm, that makes sense.

There is no ranking too long or too irrelevant to be worth doing.

*breathes in*

Sengoku Collection girls ranking:

Ashikaga Yoshiteru > Ageha > Yagyuu Sekishuusai > Houjou Soun > Uesugi Kenshin > Hiraga Gennai > Sen no Rikyuu > Katakura Kojuurou > Ootani Yoshitsugu > Takahashi Jun > Sugitani Zenjubou > Maeda Keiji > Date Masamune > Mogami Yoshiaki > Fuuma Kotarou > Oda Nobunaga > Miko Trio > Taigen Sessai > Toyotomi Hideyoshi > Tokugawa Ieyasu > Imagawa Yoshimoto > Matsunaga Hisahide > Liu Bei > Matsuou Bashou > Tsukahara Bokuden > Ai > Naoe Kanetsugu
Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom