• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter x Hunter 44
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8zmku4D7U1qkihclo1_500.gif[/im] (spoiler?)
This anime is all brutal and gross. [spoiler]The hole in the guys skull from the piece of skull, or just biting the one dude's part of his head off! ouch. Big Nen Explosion is one of the best moves.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]But I loved the part when Kurapika used the chains and stuff, hes quickly becoming quite epic, and well, he better take on even more of the Phantom Troupe, I just hope he doesnt let revenge take over himself and then put him in a dire situation where he'll need saving or sacrifice his friends and etc.[/spoiler].

Hunter x Hunter 44
tumblr_m8zmku4D7U1qkihclo1_500.gif

This anime is all brutal and gross. The hole in the guys skull from the piece of skull, or just biting the one dude's part of his head off! ouch. Big Nen Explosion is one of the best moves.

But I loved the part when Kurapika used the chains and stuff, hes quickly becoming quite epic, and well, he better take on even more of the Phantom Troupe, I just hope he doesnt let revenge take over himself and then put him in a dire situation where he'll need saving or sacrifice his friends and etc.

I had to watch it a couple times until I realized he bit half of his face off.

OceanBlue

Ive never heard of that term. >.<

It's not as commonly referred to as tsundere, I don't think it's as old as dojikko (although I don't see that term used much anyway and I'm relatively new to anime so it might just be older to me), and it's not a widespread cultural concept like yamato nadeshiko so it's not surprising. As far as I know, kuudere was adopted relatively recently by the English-speaking anime fandom.

Does anyone know much about the terms kuuki-kei and iyashi-kei? I came across them pretty recently and I was wondering how common the terms were. I'm not completely clear on what they mean, but as far as I can tell, kuuki-kei refers to atmospheric anime and iyashi-kei refers to healing anime, which I can kinda understand.

Necrovex

Sword Art Online 03

sword-art-online-ep-3-pre-release-001-614x345.jpg

I'll have to choose a team soon, I'm looking at Asuna or Klein. I cannot go wrong with either of them. Klein is such a kick-ass bro.

Regarding, Sachi, I didn't expect her to die, especially since there is a team. That's a little mean.

Sachi's message was really sweet, and a little bit cruel if you think about it. She could have sent that sooner than 6 months; the Christmas message could have been a separate message! Kirito almost got killed with his reckless hunts because of her death.

At least, he seems to have recover. You could tell by his boyish tears. You can tell he's a boy because he had a perfect chance to "close" with Sachi, and chose not to. C'mon, man, she was in YOUR bed!

Plus time is moving pretty damn quickly in the show. Six months, simply like that. About halfway through the game.

I wish this show simply didn't cut away from Kirito's fight with Nicholas the Regicide, or with Klein and the douche guild. Those would have been rad fight scenes.

I am really liking this anime. Does anyone know how many episodes there are supposed to be?

Rinne no Lagrange S2 ep 7

Aw they went back to the first ending theme of this second season, I like the 2nd ending theme better, though the song is kind of funny to listen too.. Anyway I like the whole first half of the episode
Dizelmine and Villaguilio making up was great and pledging to work together and closing all of their open threads and such

Second half was dull
though I did like the vow part, but it kind of signals for them definitely going to break it. No way can they go the rest of the season without taking parts in any battles.

Will Viz for the dub keep Madoka saying Maru or actually have her say as they translate on hulu, "perfect"?

cajunator

Banned
Rinne no Lagrange S2 ep 7

Aw they went back to the first ending theme of this second season, I like the 2nd ending theme better, though the song is kind of funny to listen too.. Anyway I like the whole first half of the episode
Dizelmine and Villaguilio making up was great and pledging to work together and closing all of their open threads and such

Second half was dull
though I did like the vow part, but it kind of signals for them definitely going to break it. No way can they go the rest of the season without taking parts in any battles.

Will Viz for the dub keep Madoka saying Maru or actually have her say as they translate on hulu, "perfect"?

They better keep Maru or I'll be supremely pissed.
They wont keep Maru.

OceanBlue

because it's easier to call everything a tsundere.
Tsundere-type characters seem to be very popular. I tend to like the yamato nadeshiko-type more myself but obviously it depends on the character.

It feels like people are trying to be more precise, though, by adopting terms like kuudere. I know some people like using other forms of -dere, but I don't know if any have become as popular aside from yandere. There are a lot of people who abuse the term tsundere though.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Well, the collective doujin industry seems to enjoy Asuna at least. It's almost as bad as Haganai's Sena last time. Almost.

C82 might as well be called C Eighty-Asuna. Sameda Koban (Snob Nerd) produced the only good Asuna doujin that I've seen so far, and even then it's not really that fappable. I don't hate her, but she's just so manufactured that it's impossible to like her.

I decided to pick Muv-Luv back up.

For Ep 2

WHY DID ALL THE TITS DIE?????

For Ep 3

WHY DID THE TITS SHRINK, CHOBI?!?!?!!! WHY IS THERE A GUY AS THE MAIN CHARACTER???

I didn't sign up for this. ._.

OceanBlue

C82 might as well be called C Eighty-Asuna. Sameda Koban (Snob Nerd) produced the only good Asuna doujin that I've seen so far, and even then it's not really that fappable. I don't hate her, but she's just so manufactured that it's impossible to like her.

Do you say this having read the novels? Maybe a lot of them are making their doujin from the perspective of a novel reader. It has definitely been that way for many other series. Well, there's also personal taste too.

Necrovex

Sword Art Online 4

Sword-Art-Online-0053.jpg

A heartfelt episode, which also built on the mythology and rules that exist within Sword Art. Plus, we get to see the creepy side of this show.

It should be exciting when Kirito meets a red player in a future episode. I wonder if he'll actually kill the chap, or let him go. I really want to see that played out!

The girl was all right, I won't be part of her team. And I hope the show goes away from teasing sexual aspects of a little girl. That isn't what I signed up for! Do that for Asuna, and I won't feel too bad.

Also, who guards these jails? Do players simply chill in there until time is up and are teleported out?

Saint Seiya Omega 20
tumblr_m90cavOHHj1ruq0c9o2_500.jpg

:( Yuna once agains proves just how useless she is as a Saint. Otherwise really good episode there. Yuna, Aria, and Kouga are so silly together, they had me laughing so much on their little retreat by the lake side.

For Eden, I liked his backstory and I think I gained new appreciation for Sonya, who definitely needs to keep her mask off, nice
and her devotion to protecting Eden, nice

Eden was just plain epic as was Kouga, managing to last through his powerful attacks, though my tears at the end there when he just couldnt do nothing, hang in their Kouga!

BluWacky

Does anyone know much about the terms kuuki-kei and iyashi-kei? I came across them pretty recently and I was wondering how common the terms were. I'm not completely clear on what they mean, but as far as I can tell, kuuki-kei refers to atmospheric anime and iyashi-kei refers to healing anime, which I can kinda understand.

AnimeGAF knows iyashi-kei very well because of the enduring love of Aria in this thread - Aria is the epitome of iyashi-kei and people latched onto the term in here.

I've only seen kuuki-kei come up in that Dai Sato's "I wish there were fewer moe anime so I had more work" interview from a few years back. I think the equivalent buzzwords/phrases in English would be "slice of life" or "cute ____ doing cute things".

Whether there's really any difference between iyashi-kei and kuuki-kei in terms of emotional impact on the viewer I'm not sure.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 11

Chitanda brings up
the lack of the rope prop Hongou asked for
in Oreki's solution.

So it appears that
Hongou's script was actually avoided by Irisu and the production crew in favor of a different, more violent direction
. So basically the story
was completed by Oreki's own theory because the others couldn't come up with a satisfactory explanation to replace Hongou's idea.
It makes sense, but it does make Irisu into a bit of a jerk.

OceanBlue

AnimeGAF knows iyashi-kei very well because of the enduring love of Aria in this thread - Aria is the epitome of iyashi-kei and people latched onto the term in here.

I've only seen kuuki-kei come up in that Dai Sato's "I wish there were fewer moe anime so I had more work" interview from a few years back. I think the equivalent buzzwords/phrases in English would be "slice of life" or "cute ____ doing cute things".

Whether there's really any difference between iyashi-kei and kuuki-kei in terms of emotional impact on the viewer I'm not sure.
That makes sense. I think Aria is the first thing that comes to mind for people who've heard of the term iyashi-kei. As for Dai Sato's interview, I've heard of it but I've never actually read it myself. It definitely sounds like the type of interview that might spark argument though.

I personally didn't feel a huge difference in impact from anime categorized as kuuki-kei and iyashi-kei, but I'm not the most discerning watcher.

I googled kuuki-kei and this article was on the top of results. I thought it was interesting to find the term there, so I wondered if it was something some people used often. I guess not though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The Art of Sword Making Online whatever number it was this week

Baka baka baka baka rabu rabu rabu winge winge winge.

What a waste of a character and such a predictable plot. Glad they stuck with the "everyone looks like themselves" plot point what with her having bright pink hair.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The Art of Sword Making Online whatever number it was this week

Baka baka baka baka rabu rabu rabu winge winge winge.

What a waste of a character and such a predictable plot. Glad they stuck with the "everyone looks like themselves" plot point what with her having bright pink hair.

The more I think about
her throwing in the towel so easily the angrier I get. Seriously, screw that nonsense.

Sword Art Online 4

Also, who guards these jails? Do players simply chill in there until time is up and are teleported out?
it's a faction called the "army". their main purpose is to maintain order .( not to clear the game , that's for the frontline fighters )

They also provide protection for the players that didn't decide to play ( they are still on LV 1 )
If they don't screw it up you'll know more about them in a few episodes

Glad they stuck with the "everyone looks like themselves" plot point what with her having bright pink hair.

Her face is the same, her height too , but what prevent people from dying their hair if they want too ? The game provide options to change it and they did.
All the waifus have used hair features of the game ( from changing the design to the hair color ) ..

Arcana Famiglia 8
tumblr_m90hhtYzgs1rwwbzdo5_500.jpg

Debito should really keep his hair down as well as the eye patch off, looks better. Shocked
that he was the closest to making a move on Ojou sama.

I like where the plot is going even if it became more intense and mysteryious, hopefully all feelings can be resolved
especially with Pace, Luca, and Debito and Jolly. He shouldnt be playing around with these folks though as his experiemental subjects I guess I could see how they could be angry. Knowing Debito's eye contents, I wonder if he can ditch the eye patch now, since its hidden to no one now? And what of the homunculus.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Her face is the same, her height too , but what prevent people from dying their hair if they want too ? The game provide options to change it and they did.
All the waifus have used hair features of the game ( from changing the design to the hair color ) ..

Because episode one give the indication that those options are disabled thanks to the mirror item.

Anywho Jinrui 8

I apparently slipped on a banana because this felt like a massive recap.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Anime-GAF, I'm disappointed that you do not know the various anime terminology.

My little anime community group can't be this uncultured!

Necrovex

Sword Art Online 5

sao5-1.jpg

Oh, the first two-parter episode (well I'm assuming anyway). It was all right, it was certainly groovy to finally see some old characters again. Also, I'm probably going to join Team Asuna. Sorry, team Klein, I seldom see him anymore.

I guess democracy doesn't turn out well in SAO. A person murdering people because they went aganist the flow (and yeah, a waifu getting murdered but before taking revenge, make sure you know who murdered her instead of killing three possibly innocent people!) I was orginally thought it was the purple-hair girl who was murdering everyone. Guess I was wrong on that front!

Also, lol at Kirito believing he knows EVERY single rule in SAO. I'm sure it's the third option he brought up and his virtual world will be turned upside down when he discovers the method.

Because episode one give the indication that those options are disabled thanks to the mirror item.

the mirror item put your character height and face to the parameters you have irl.

But that doesnt mean you cant change your hair afterwards.
And besides she is shown in ep1 so go look at what her hair really is like.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online 5

sao5-1.jpg

Oh, the first two-parter episode (well I'm assuming anyway). It was all right, it was certainly groovy to finally see some old characters again. Also, I'm probably going to join Team Asuna. Sorry, team Klein, I seldom see him anymore.

I guess democracy doesn't turn out well in SAO. A person murdering people because they went aganist the flow (and yeah, a waifu getting murdered but before taking revenge, make sure you know who murdered her instead of killing three possibly innocent people!) I was orginally thought it was the purple-hair girl who was murdering everyone. Guess I was wrong on that front!

Also, lol at Kirito believing he knows EVERY single rule in SAO. I'm sure it's the third option he brought up and his virtual world will be turned upside down when he discovers the method.

You are welcome in my warband young one.

Jex

Don't act like EP 8 was an Endless Eight episode.
The eighth episode of Jinrui wasn't really that similar to the Endless Eight arc in Haruhi because in Haruhi they actually went out of there way to reanimate everything from scratch where as here they just took the old footage and bolted some new scenes into it.

I don't have any problem with this kind of story in-concept but the execution here was really lacking and it felt like they were constrained by budgetary reasons. I understand that there might, theoretically, be a good reason to use old footage but when a studio re-uses material I can't help feel that they're just doing it because they're behind schedule. Also, I don't know why the two episodes from this arc couldn't have been folded into one. Now I remember why I dropped this show.

I did like the pun at the end though, so watch out for that.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The eighth episode of Jinrui wasn't really that similar to the Endless Eight arc in Haruhi because in Haruhi they actually went out of there way to reanimate everything from scratch where as here they just took the old footage and bolted some new scenes into it.

I don't have any problem with this kind of story in-concept but the execution here was really lacking and it felt like they were constrained by budgetary reasons. I understand that there might, theoretically, be could used to use old footage but when a studio re-uses material I can't help feel that they're just doing it because they're behind schedule. Also, I don't know why the two episodes from this arc couldn't have been folded into one. Now I remember why I dropped this show.

why does everything I love have to dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I actually enjoyed that episode, for whatever it was worth. The series is still shit though.

Its a good show, kinda weird. It reminds me of Mushishi. I just hoped it would only revolve around Araragi and Senjogahara, I couldnt care less about the others.

How is Nisemonogatari?

Bakemonogatari 12

Finally we get to see Senjogahara again, and what an awesome episode...

The piano version of Staple Staple makes the episode. Imo the best track of a great soundtrack with many highlights.

http://youtu.be/TzxYnP31VYQ

I don't have any problem with this kind of story in-concept but the execution here was really lacking and it felt like they were constrained by budgetary reasons. I understand that there might, theoretically, be could used to use old footage but when a studio re-uses material I can't help feel that they're just doing it because they're behind schedule. Also, I don't know why the two episodes from this arc couldn't have been folded into one. Now I remember why I dropped this show.

the episode was still pretty enjoyable and interesting (something you couldn't say about Endless Eight), so I see no problem if they re-use material or not.

Its a good show, kinda weird. It reminds me of Mushishi. I just hoped it would only revolve around Araragi and Senjogahara, I couldnt care less about the others.

How is Nisemonogatari?

If you want to watch Nisemonogatari just for more Senjogahara then you would make a mistake.

Instro

Kirito vs the CG Dragon 7

What a crushing blow, poor dresden. Now she is just his Alfred. Kirito should just keep traveling around leaving broken hearts and defeated monsters in his wake, forget the main storyline!

Arcana Famiglia 08

jlg7u.gif

This week everyone cleans up a church!

Also some backstory I really didn't need to know about. Though I guess it does flesh out the forgotten people in the otome's harem but, who really cares?

Sugita did punch one of the other guys so I guess that's about the most action you can expect from this show.

Narag

Kirito vs the CG Dragon 7

What a crushing blow, poor dresden. Now she is just his Alfred. Kirito should just keep traveling around leaving broken hearts and defeated monsters in his wake, forget the main storyline!

That's a fab idea. Have you ever considered writing light novels?

So i marathoned SAO 1-7 (guess i am lacking impulse control, like that guy jumping the bridge in ep 3 I just spent a perfectly fine afternoon marathoning SAO, what a truly relatable character to me)
and it was stupid and funny.
I am kind of pleased.
This could have been good science-fiction if they just really went with the premise.
You know examine it a little.
(I couldn`t help but think about what kind of story I would have enjoyed more and came up with either a lord of the flies scenario in this setting (boring) or
more contrived an over the top coming of age story in which Kirito is really the son of the maker, who build this entire world to make him grow as a man and leave his loner otaku self behind (and release that years of semen built up). Of course with more and more symbollically charged stages to adulthood.

But I couldn`t not be entertained by it, as it made me laugh a lot and after all I simply watched one ep after the other.

Also I need a little more time to sort out which team I am on -as with the progression of the plot- is the really important question.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
the mirror item put your character height and face to the parameters you have irl.

But that doesnt mean you cant change your hair afterwards.
And besides she is shown in ep1 so go look at what her hair really is like.

I'm not going to fall for that trap. Trying to get me to rewatch more SAO. Why I never. That's almost as bad as that time you punched me in the balls and left me for dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom