• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuru Yuri S2 08:

Chinatsu, you suck. Stop bothering the others. Yui taking 10 for the team.

Karaoke times. Chinatsu still sucks.

Yui x Chinatsu hanging out why? Yui, you dun have to feel guilty about a dumb character.

See, she even completely ruins the ED. Seriously, this is the stuff of nightmares.

There is an incredible amount of truth in these words. Chinatsu is an awful character.

To Love-ru 14
tovXB.png

Yep, that's a penis.
Haruna's sister is great! Not a very humorous episode, but pretty lovely. Haruna may not have the most talent, but she's one of my favorite girls. Never give up!
AvWXC.png

Yep, what you're looking at is a penis.

Sorry for the dumb question but can someone identify this show from the vague description:

Its about a boy who is killed by a monster (in the first episode) and is brought back to life as a servant by a demon (maybe witch). He joins the school club she runs which is filled with her other servants. Theres a guy with super strength, a sadistic girl with lightning powers and one or two more. Turns out the boy has a magic arm/hand. Anyway they fight other servant groups, lots of "I want to protect you!" and such ensues

I was randomly reminded of it today and google is no help in identifying it. It is really bugging me now :(

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sorry for the dumb question but can someone identify this show from the vague description:

Its about a boy who is killed by a monster (in the first episode) and is brought back to life as a servant by a demon (maybe witch). He joins the school club she runs which is filled with her other servants. Theres a guy with super strength, a sadistic girl with lightning powers and one or two more. Turns out the boy has a magic arm/hand. Anyway they fight other servant groups, lots of "I want to protect you!" and such ensues

I was randomly reminded of it today and google is no help in identifying it. It is really bugging me now :(

It sounds like it might be Kaibutsu Oujo (Princess Resurrection) but I'm not really sure. I've only seen the first two or so episodes so I don't remember any of the secondary characters but it did have the "main character is killed in the first episode and revived by a witch" part down.

High School DxD.

Emitan

Yuru Yuri S2E08

No. China-chan you know yuri is the only way to live!

This episode was really good. There haven't been reasons for the entire cast to get together so I liked that plus so much tsundere in one room is just amazing. I didn't really understand the drink mixing part.

Also Yui is the best singer. Just sayin'

wonzo

Banned
You know, a number of the comedies praised by the most avid of Nichijou "haters" aren't "funny" for the most part. I find this in itself quite humorous.
Well, it's true that very few things of any medium are as funny as Nichijou's sales or Madman Entertainment's constant license teasing.

High School DxD.

Thanks! Nice to know I'm not crazy and just making shit up

It sounds like it might be Kaibutsu Oujo (Princess Resurrection) but I'm not really sure. I've only seen the first two or so episodes so I don't remember any of the secondary characters but it did have the "main character is killed in the first episode and revived by a witch" part down.

I've never seen this but it looks interesting so I'll probably check it out

cajunator

Banned
To Love-ru 14

Haruna's sister is great! Not a very humorous episode, but pretty lovely. Haruna may not have the most talent, but she's one of my favorite girls. Never give up!

Haruna is a cutie. Maybe its just because of her purple short hair. There isn't enough purple short hair in anime.

eGUWz.gif

It's quite something, isn't it?

Incidentally, the name on the OST for the song that plays during that scene is 快楽, "Kairaku" -- which roughly translates as "pleasure".

That episode is one of the greatest in all of anime. It was a cinematic masterpiece.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's probably time for me to start catching up on One Piece, even if it's a few episodes per week. I initially quit because I (apparently correctly) predicted that
Fishman Island
would be agonizingly boring to watch at a one-per-week pace, but I want to be caught up by the time that the anime hits
Punk Hazard
because that's the best thing evar, the likelihood of Toei shitting it up be damned.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
One of her puns was based off of Niagara Falls. She had Buckingham Palace in the last series.

Also I didn't have enough alcohol to cope with that ED. That subtle 3D was over the top.
Ahh, okay. And yeah, the ED was something else.

They cut out a lot from the books. There indeed was some replacements(such as in Return and Faramir as a whole) but there was a lot on the cutting board.
But they added stuff anyway. At the very least, episode 11.5 saves the series, so I'm find with the KyoAni writers doing what they want.

My heart tore at that line. Never give up Chinatsu! I got your back!
She apparently has so many haters here though. lol

There's a new Squid Girl OVA? I must find this!
Inkredible, etc!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I see. So just a normal day for animeGAF then! :p

More like, I have 2 shiny new DVDs staring me in the face with no way to watch them
hopefully that changes tomorrow

As far as TLR goes, Yui > Momo > blah blah blah I don't feel like ranking the rest of the 20 girls right now > Haruna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom