• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Oh wow, I remember actually watching that.

I guess I used to actually watch and complete shows. I need some reflection time now; I have to correct my ways.

Did you like DEARS?
I thought it was a pretty hilariously pandering show but the characters are cute. Plus there are SD moments of pure hnnngh. Plus lots and lots of :Chet

Narag

To LOVE-Ru Darkness OVA 1

That sure was smutty. Probably still won't check out the tv series but I'll be back for the second OVA in December.

UMgyz.png

Uh no.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Did you like DEARS?
I thought it was a pretty hilariously pandering show but the characters are cute. Plus there are SD moments of pure hnnngh. Plus lots and lots of :Chet
Yeah, I think that about sums it up. It's been years since I watched it though, so I don't remember a heck of a lot about it.

Nafe

You guys need to watch Aria. And Charlotte is by far the best girl in IS.

It's on my list. All I've seen of Aria so far is a bit of this clip that's been posted where Sayaka Ohara apparently says "Ara Ara" 164 times

It's worth watching the bad one!

I like "bad Aria" because to me it was "so bad it's good". It had a silly premise and even sillier plot twists, like
a guy who's super powers are essentially activated by him getting sexually aroused.
The show even opens with a Speed like premise but instead of a bus it's a bicycle and the bomb is replaced by a segway with an uzi strapped on to it, locking on to Kinji.

I wish I hadn't read the past few pages of the thread

I know it's normal for AnimeGaf but it still kind of weirds me out when it happens.

Today's random WTF image for the lulz.

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee499/RurouniZel/02A79773-69C9-43F5-9318-1018D3160166-900-000001578B692CD2.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Yeah, that pretty much describes that.

[quote="Chet Rippo, post: 41218596"]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3W6qb.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Haha, I was actually thinking of using that one for my response. I still need to get over to the K-On thread too.

[quote="Jarmel, post: 41227278"]That sounds even worse. That's like if Jackson was trying to adapt the LOTR trilogy and not only filmed everything in the books but added in stuff from the Silmarillion. Stuff like that is usually left out for a reason.[/QUOTE]

Isn't this somewhat what Peter Jackson is doing with [B]The Hobbit[/B]? I thought he was extending it to a trilogy so he could add material from some book that acts as a story bridge between The Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy?

[quote="icarus-daedelus, post: 41232309"]I have a roommate who bought the School Days VN apparently without knowing about any of the craycray endings. It's sitting on her desk right now, staring at me.[/QUOTE]

Neat. You can experience or watch a mind break first hand haha

[quote="KO Traveling Hobo, post: 41233293"]This is a truly beautiful world.

Also, my Utena set got here. Gonna try to get started tonight![/QUOTE]

I hope you enjoy it. When you get to episode 33 you can pretty much just avatar quote yourself for your impressions haha

[quote="Chet Rippo, post: 41239727"]That's the best part about her.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's true I am a big fan of her voice. The whole S&M thing with her did have it's funny moments too.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rinne no Legrange 19
I usually at least try to offer impressions that could be mistaken as insightful or somewhat thought out. All I can say about this episode is that it was fucking terrible.

Emitan

Yeah, I've been spending more of my time reading the thread or actually watching Anime haha

I think my last post was back on page 311 or 312 and I didn't post all weekend really so my last post before that I think is on page 282.

I would post more but watching anime is too much work. I just wait for chances to talk about yuri.

Narag

Rinne no Legrange 19
I usually at least try to offer impressions that could be mistaken as insightful or somewhat thought out. All I can say about this episode is that it was fucking terrible.

I thought the first season was relatively well received. Safe to check that out and avoid the second?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I thought the first season was relatively well received. Safe to check that out and avoid the second?

If the ending of the first season had actually been the real end, it wouldn't have bothered me in spite of all of the unresolved plot points as virtually everything in the show is ultimately meaningless fluff that exists as a delivery vehicle for MARU/Wan/Mugi moe.

You wouldn't miss much by ending it halfway through, honestly, but if you're interested in it with the expectation of the praise being for any reason other than having decent production values and cute girls, you may not want to watch it at all.

Oddly, I used to really love Lagrange, but it's increasingly soured in my memory.

Thoraxes

Idk, people seem pretty split on it, but I have yet to see any middle ground on it.

If you liked the first season, you'll probably like the second IMO. I do, and I think the second season is pretty great so far. I went into it with the expectations I have for every single show I watch though though, which is to say none.

You get more intergalactic-space plot too.

if you enjoyed the first season there is nothing in the second that will change your opinion .. it's the same thing , really ( with a little less of mechas ..)

Yuru Yuri 7:

Christmas with Yuri~

Kyouko and Chinatsu are as usual the funniest together. Akarin and Chitose were cute together, and as usual Himawari and Sakurako were hilariously tsundere for each other. Umm, there were some scenes with Ayano and Yui, they sucked.

Emitan

Yuru Yuri 7:

Christmas with Yuri~

Kyouko and Chinatsu are as usual the funniest together. Akarin and Chitose were cute together, and as usual Himawari and Sakurako were hilariously tsundere for each other. Umm, there were some scenes with Ayano and Yui, they sucked.

They did. Which is sad because they're two of my favorite characters.

Yui > Kyoko = Ayano > the rest

Branduil

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
if you enjoyed the first season there is nothing in the second that will change your opinion .. it's the same thing , really ( with a little less of mechas ..)
They're not the same at all really. The first season mixed traditional school style yuri antics with long stretches of mech action. The second season is inane talking between absurd political figures about increasingly convoluted matters that even the show can't seem to keep track of.

Branduil

As an occasional victim of KyoAni I was wondering if you had any idea what leads them to create so many 'boring' works? Is it just part of their studio culture? It seems odd to me that a studio staffed with so many talented people so often fails to achieve the basics of entertainment.

KyoAni tends to adapt works which are very safe for a broad anime viewer audience. I imagine this is how they mitigate the risks of creating such high-budget works.

But how is the yuri?

blushing girls : check

hand holding : check

friendship friendship friendship : check

The amount of yuri is inferior to yuru yuri , but it's there ... no complains

They're not the same at all really. The first season mixed traditional school style yuri antics with long stretches of mech action. The second season is inane talking between absurd political figures about increasingly convoluted matters that even the show can't seem to keep track of.

Convulted matters ? No.

the show became a little serious (juste a little ) to advance his plot ..and just from that you can't keep track ? Since the first season , many things in there were hinted to happen.

There is no problem to drop the school setting for a couple of eps for plot advancement..
( guess what they are back at school now )

That sounds terrible.
it's obvious that we don't have the same tastes but i really fail to see what is terrible there ...

OceanBlue

Doesn't really help that she's based off of the author's bitch of an ex-wife.

I'm sure Yabuki thought great things about his ex-wife of her when he created Haruna. It doesn't matter how she really was because that's not what Haruna was based off of. Character inspirations don't exactly translate like that. Haruna is just an unfortunate casualty of that awful incident.

I was going to limit this question and discussion to Anime-GAF only, but figured I'd expand it to all fictional characters.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487833

I actually feel bad for a lot of harem leads because, while being surrounded by cute girls is always a nice thing, a lot of them have legitimate complaints about how badly they're treated.

So is this the thread where I could ask for anime recommendations? This may sound weird, but I was looking at Evangelion at the exchanges between Misato and Ritsuko thinking, "Yeah, I could watch a show like that." :p

Basically, after watching Nazo no Kanojo, I'm growing bored of High School anime. Sometimes, it seems like the only thing that's ever made. I'd like to see an anime that

1) doesn't take place in a High School
2) preferably centered around college age people and older
3) set in the present day (i.e. not feudal Japan or a robot/cyborg-heavy future)
4) has at least a little comedy in it.

I guess in a way an anime similar to many American sitcoms. lol.

Detroit Metal City.

I'm sure Yabuki thought great things about his ex-wife of her when he created Haruna. It doesn't matter how she really was because that's not what Haruna was based off of. Character inspirations don't exactly translate like that. Haruna is just an unfortunate casualty of that awful incident.

I don't disagree, but I also think she's a boring as hell character even before I knew about the incident. In fact, she has more personality
as a cat
than she does in every other part of the series combined.

Thoraxes

The political stuff is all pretty straight-forward. I'm not sure what's so convoluted about it. It really is just A and B are fighting because C is happening. One guy is cold, one guy is for people. I'm not really sure what else there is to it. Season 1 was A and B are fighting because X. Solve for X.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
SAO 7

I had a sweet idea for a SAO episode. Kirito will bump into a cute girl, probably a year or two younger than him. She'll be smitten and fall in love almost instantly. Kirito will help her out.

Thoraxes

SAO 7

I had a sweet idea for a SAO episode. Kirito will bump into a cute girl, probably a year or two younger than him. She'll be smitten and fall in love almost instantly. Kirito will help her out.

SAO is truly redefining anime with the originality it brings to every new episode.

Instro

I'm not sure its particularly convoluted, just bad. However the same plot threads were present in the first season as well, and the show still has the same heavy doses of mecha and yuri so I wouldn't say its overly different other than the increased focus on the main plotline rather than episodes devoted to unrelated filler school antics.

OceanBlue

I don't disagree, but I also think she's a boring as hell character even before I knew about the incident. In fact, she has more personality
as a cat
than she does in every other part of the series combined.
Yeah, that's the most common complaint from people who don't like her. I don't mind that too much since that's just personal preference and I don't see it that way, but it's somewhat bothersome to see people compare Haruna to Yabuki's ex. People should at least be honest about not liking her because of personal preferences, rather than trying to tie her to something that doesn't really relate when you think about it logically.

It seems I only post when it's about cute girls or shows about cute girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom