• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Maybe it's because I am easily impressed, but I'm surprised to see you call anything shit. I thought you loved everything.

Haremshit is Gaf's go-to word for harems. It doesnt actually mean I think all harems are shit, its just a playful term, like the world "animu" or "waifu".
But I do call some things shit that I don't like. Even I have some amount of standards in anime that I live by, however small.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Haremshit is Gaf's go-to word for harems. It doesnt actually mean I think all harems are shit, its just a playful term, like the world "animu" or "waifu".
But I do call some things shit that I don't like. Even I have some amount of standards in anime that I live by, however small.
Tell me more.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
:) Liking the new avatar too! I love that Miku nendoroid that you linked to earlier too but for me, as much as I love nendoroids, I still find they're pretty expensive for what you're getting. Maybe it's just that I want so many of them though...

To be honest I've only started actually collecting recently. I used to just start at images online and admire the cuteness. ^^;

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

A moeblob haremshit animu by KyoAnus full of potential waifus that's killing the industry.

Tomat

This post seems perfectly sincere and not sinister at all.

image.php

And overrated, to boot.
Fixed that for you.

just rewatched some parts of the lastest Jinrui episode and I missed completly the point of the episode.

Watashi created with the Cowboy her own grandfather. Weaponfreak, sundial and the reason why there is still one time paradog. It was a variation of the Grandfather paradox.

And I thought it was just a self-discovery story.

How silly of me.

Defuser

just rewatched some parts of the lastest Jinrui episode and I missed completly the point of the episode.

Watashi created with the Cowboy her own grandfather. Weaponfreak, sundial and the reason why there is still one time paradog. It was a variation of the Grandfather paradox.

How silly of me.

I like they use 2 episodes for a fucking pun.

Saint Seiya Omega 20

Wow, best ep of this show by a long shot. Total Umakoshi here, wonderful animation to go along with the quality art. I wonder who did the story boarding this week? A lot of well put together scenes throughout. Plus the writing and story being told this week were pretty interesting as well, which was a nice plus. A+ episode. There was even a little bit of blood too!

edit

Sahashi's music was killer this week btw, tracks worked really well with what was happening. Great composer.

Kind of really want the ost when it comes out, I like lots of the songs.

Tomat

Why does your avatar only appear in certain posts?
It really freaks me the fuck out.

Oh wait. I understand now!
That's a really neat trick.

Everyone in this thread should get avatars like that now just so we can ruin the cool factor of it and then go back to regular avatars :D

sonicmj1

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 7

Two pretty excellent skits this time. Sanada is rapidly becoming my favorite character.

The direction in the first half reminded me in some ways of Bakemonogatari. The rapid cuts, distant shots of the two characters on simple backgrounds, the complete and utter lack of any other human being... it felt as Shaft-y as this show has felt yet.

iwjzcBpjwBBUv.png

It even prominently features that Shaft trademark headtilt.

I'm still really not feeling the poko thing. The best interstitial is the one where it doesn't talk.

ibaAajiCFE6OEF.png

Poko's pretty old-school.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Single CD
*3, 29,642 29,642 Kagero Project "Children Code"
*4, 27,512 27,512 Colorful "Boku ga Boku de Aru Tame ni"
*5, 19,547 19,547 Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 2nd A's "Hohoemi no Plumage"
*7, 16,230 16,230 Detective Conan "Koi ni Koi shite"
11, 11,611 51,089 Sword Art Online "crossing field"
12, 11,497 11,497 Moyashimon Returns "Wake Up"
19, *6,156 93,688 Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 2nd A's "Bright Streamt"
20, *6,052 *6,052 Joshiraku "Oato ga Yoroshikutte…Yo!"
26, *4,970 *4,970 Natsuyuki Rendezvous "Anata ni Deawana kereba ~Kasetsu Tohka~"
27, *4,884 *4,884 Binbougami ga! "Make My Day!"
30, *3,951 *3,951 Fairy Tail "Tenohira"
31, *3,794 57,484 AKB0048 "Kibo ni Tsuite"
33, *3,668 26,205 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Master vol.6 Ranko
34, *2,862 20,625 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Master vol.7 Miku
39, *2,648 21,064 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Master vol.8 Kirari
40, *2,611 14,185 Uchuu Kyoudai "Eureka"
41, *2,605 20,183 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Master vol.9 Mika
43, *2,589 20,218 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Master vol.10 Uzuki
47, *2,104 21,155 Sword Art Online "Yume Sekai"
50, *1,872 *6,726 Tari Tari "Shiokaze no Harmony"

What the hell is this? Where's Koi Boudou?

JAPAAAAAN

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

How silly of me.

FTuvh.gif

Jex

Just to rub some salt in the wound of everyone waiting for it, here's what a quick search turns up on the history of Kizu:

For the sake of completeness:
(May 2008: the Kizumonogatari novel is published)
(July 2009: elements of Kizumonogatari are shown in the previously-linked first minutes of Bakemonogatari episode 1)

And so:
- July 2010: Kizumonogatari anime adaptation confirmed
- March 2011: said adaptation is confirmed to be a movie
- September 2011: the first "trailer" for Kizumonogatari is streamed, with the movie planned to open in 2012
- April 2012: Kizumonogatari is delayed to 2013
Sounds like your typical, high-quality SHAFT production. I'm not even sure what they're busy with right now that could cause such a delay.

Jex

Naw, I wouldn't say it's good-good. On a science fiction level, it's really basic.

It's just that the protagonist is a shoujo heroine who a) wants to find her prince and b) is not a doormat. So on the one hand, it's an action anime with actual romance (gasp) or it's a shoujo anime with a heroine who doesn't immediately suck.

So, I guess I enjoy it because of the genre clashes more than the actual craft of the show as a whole.

Surely the best "shoujo-action show" is Simoun, which I don't believe you have seen.

Random SAO question.

They did say kiriko took out a few baddy guilds and what not right? If you fight back against baddies would you be marked orange or red or w/e?

Defuser

Random SAO question.

They did say kiriko took out a few baddy guilds and what not right? If you fight back against baddies would you be marked orange or red or w/e?
Nope. Your cursor turns orange/red if you PK green players. Doing a certain quest can clear orange status.

Same concept applies to almost all games. Killing bad people will result nothing while killing innocent players will result aftermath/consequences.

sonicmj1

Revolutionary Girl Utena 35

Fabulous max.

ib1EvmklJGHcSm.png

In the Student Council, shirts are optional.

First time I've been happy to hear that "Mukashi mukashi," stuff.

All the pieces are in place. The stage is nearly set for the climax. As it was before,
Touga and Akio seek to split Utena's desire between finding her prince (Akio, in this case) and being a prince for Anthy. It won him a duel once, but can it succeed again?

I feel so close to the finish.

Theonik

Nope. Your cursor turns orange/red if you PK green players. Doing a certain quest can clear orange status.

Same concept applies to almost all games. Killing bad people will result nothing while killing innocent players will result aftermath/consequences.
Yes, this is usually to allow for players to self-police on PK'ers.

Infinite Stratos 6-9

Speaking of haremshit...still a fun show :). Especially ep 9 (the beach episode). Even got a little yuri, though
it should have been Charles and Laura rather than Cecilia and Rin, but I'll take what I can get

The mech parts have been pretty good too. She may be second-best girl, but Laura does have the best IS unit.

YuruYuri S2 8

Chinatsu may be my least favorite of the amusement club girls, but I don't hate her. Didn't mind her abundance of screen time here as at least it was entertaining. The ending was bizarre, but whatevs.

Akari was again super cute in the opening.
And still the best girl :D

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 16

The mystery continues about who is taking objects from clubs.
Oreki thinks he has an idea of where they will strike next but he gets clowned.
Oreki's gypsy sister
shows up and gives him
the manga that Mayaka was searching for
Chitanda gets up in Oreki's face again because she's so fucking curious. Somebody really needs to tell her to respect people's space.
Oreki continues to search for the culprit and Chitanda talks on some school radio program.

Ultimadrago

I kinda want to recommend Moyashimon since it has everything he asks for, but since everyone here thinks it's boring, I wonder if it's not something a lot of people like...

I must have missed the moment when everyone here was so accurate.

Only one update worth noting on the Spring 2012 Temporal Sales rankings:

20,524 *4 Kuroko no Basuke [DVD+BD]: 2012/07/27

Kuroko has successfully passed the 20k first volume barrier.

Shounen Emperor DTL rules these here lands!

sonicmj1

I wasn't crazy about Penguindrum. Will I like Utena?

Depends why you weren't crazy about Penguindrum. Utena has an equal amount of ridiculous symbolism all over the place, bending the rules of what's real and what's metaphorical. But the plotting is much more structured, while Penguindrum makes very little sense for a lot of the first half. Utena has more repetition.

Pooya

Hyouka 7, 8-11, 11.5

nothing to say about 7, it was just more of the same boring stuff, this time in a new location and fan service.

now 8-11, I quite liked this arc, it started boring like before but it got better and better and quite liked the conclusion, now this was entertaining imo, you can call this a mystery unlike everything else before in the show. We get to know the cast better in this story and what abilities they have, it's not just genius Oreki telling everyone what happened, Satoshi in particular, looks there is more to him than meets the eye.

hope there is more Irisu in future episodes, not expecting it though.
so, it was Oreki's sister chatting with Irisu, right?
Oreki's sister looks like to be an interesting character although she's been absent so far.

11.5, throwing all the swimsuit and pool stuff garbage aside, there is little to see here. Oreki looks like is turned back to complete zombie mode after previous episode, and I like to see a certain character showing up at last, this is going to get better from now on I think.

I think if I was watching this series each week I would have dropped it very early, watching episodes back to back works a lot better here imo here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom