• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

[Humanity Has Declined] - 5

jinrui5-1.png

At this point I don't really feel much for this series beyond a kind of apathy. It exists in my life for twenty minutes or so and then it's gone for another week.

At the very least this weeks episode wasn't a discussion of the manga industry. Instead it tried to be a semi-serious introduction to some of the history of the world. At least, I think they weren't trying to be funny.

The formula of the story was extremely similar to the second episode. Mediator and Assistant enter some unusual place, explore, shenanigans happen. Except that it was done far better in that episode, and with less ugly art.

My main problem with this episode was it's pacing. Just when a scene was starting to develop it would cut away awkwardly, usually to black. It made it difficult to get a grasp on how much time was passing in the world and it made the episode feel disjointed - it felt a bit amateurish, really. There were also a couple of overly-lengthy info dumps in the middle which really killed the pacing.

-Minsc-

Space bros 18

Shit is still solid and enjoyable. the difference between team A and B is quite huge, which makes it fun.

Mutta's MJ was great.

btw: am i the only one that found it a bit odd that there were action lines when running on a treadmill?

Something just feels... off about it haha.

Does anyone question how odd is its to have speed lines in the Phoenix Wright courtroom?

jman2050

Joshiraku 3

I'll leave the GIFs to others, because there are too many potential candidates to choose from. Basically, show still owns, first segment was the best.

Also I guess 1/3rd of this show will be devoted to Geopolitical history musings and Japanese language lessons.
I'm okay with this.

EDIT - Okay, I lied, here's one amazing image

-Minsc-

Does anyone bother reading every post? I just go back a page, if that.

I've skimmed 35 pages, and only read posts that catch my interest.. Same holds true if there's one page.

Edit:

b-but... they are yelling at high speeds!

lol idk, stuff makes sense, then it doesn't the more i think about it :(

I'll agree that it makes even less sense in Space Bros. than it does in Phoenix Wright. Or it makes perfect sense in Space Bros. in that they could use a canned set of speed lines instead of drawing the actually background. Or something.

Jex

Hyouka 01-08

I'm curious as to how a show with this much effort and quality put in manages to put out so little quality in return. Really am not a fan of this show in the slightest, Chitanda is the only thing keeping me strong.

Now I know what it feels like to be one of those (totally crazy) Nichijou haters. What a complete waste of effort, managing to pretty up a show with less charisma, personality and entertainment than the likes of Gosick.

I guess I should make it to the recent arc that has everybody jizzing in their pants but I just wanted to vent on how unfun its been to get to this point.
For most of Hyouka it really feels like KyoAni is trolling the rest of the anime industry by investing more effort, time and talent into creating a really dull and boring show. It's such a massive waste of their abilities that I almost feel like they were doing it on purpose.

Nanoha 9

circles.jpg

So much magic circles <3

So from what i've seen so far, it does seem the movie hit most of the key plot points of this 'season'.

My opinion of this show is getting... a bit better over time. It's a lot better than it has any right to be.

Narag

Guilty Crown 7

So the followup to the hot action is a return... to school?.?
cD8rZl.png

And then they kissed.

why did you go back you didn't have to go back

At least Shu's mom's hotness and Dan Eagleman's American manliness salvaged this ep.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Depends on how far I'm behind and how I feel at the moment, I generally skim the thread anyway.

I've now caught up on every post since I went to bed. Yall posted a shit ton.

Guilty Crown 7

So the followup to the hot action is a return... to school?.?

why did you go back you didn't have to go back

At least Shu's mom's hotness and Dan Eagleman's American manliness salvaged this ep.

What was this dude's name again? I fucking hate him.

Jex

this RKB bandwagon might be the worst hatewatch trend ever to hit animegaf.

At the very least most hatewatch's (is that how one pluralises hatewatch?) don't fill the thread up with pictures of lolis, and it's hard to think of anything worse than that.

Kazzy

[Humanity Has Declined] - 5

At this point I don't really feel much for this series beyond a kind of apathy. It exists in my life for twenty minutes or so and then it's gone for another week.

That's how do you do passive–aggressive posting, people!

Also known as the quickest way to turn me off a show. Sometimes I get interested in a show because of the interesting criticism it gets, but to say you just don't care, well, that's the final nail in the coffin.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Unconfirmed info for the new Hayate series:

Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You

- TV Tokyo
- October
- Anime original story by Hata
- Same voice cast

Original Creator: Kenjirou Hata
Director/Character Design: Masashi Kudo
Series Director: Yooichi Ueda
Concept: Kenjirou Hata
Series Composition: Rie Koshika
Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama
Music: Wataru Maeguchi
Production: Manglobe

Opening Theme: "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" by eyelis
Ending Theme: "Love Trap" by Ruka Suirenji starring Haruka Yamazaki

Wait what? Theres a new season of Hayate? Is this a reboot or a continuation or what?

Either way, H-I-N-A HINAGIKU HAI HAI.

jman2050

Nanoha 9

My opinion of this show is getting... a bit better over time. It's a lot better than it has any right to be.

Yeah this just about covers it.

First half of Nanoha is awful. Second half is better. A's is awesome. StrikerS is... well it's something, that's for sure.

A's movie BD when

kayos90

Guilty Crown 1

Okay, I had forgotten how badass this first episode was. Music is pretty stellar and Shu going into BA mode is pretty much killer. Animation is top notch and Rey Za Burrel using fists to kick ass? Awesome. I'm just wondering, how the fuck did everything go wrong after this episode?

Jex

Star Driver 25

Stupid show, this episode had some nice animation though. Looks like the story got considerably more convoluted and dumb after I stopped watching.

Star Driver is the kind of work that I can safely recommend that most people do not watch. Nearly everything it does has been done better by in other works. However episode 25 is worth watching just for the animation alone. Or rather, it's worth watching for the animation alone if you're the kind of person who's happy to watch twenty minutes of pretty shapes moving around.

I imagine you already know who you are.

Yeah this just about covers it.

First half of Nanoha is awful. Second half is better. A's is awesome. StrikerS is... well it's something, that's for sure.

A's movie BD when

Yeah, all the cutsey slice of life bits are terrible. Like chinese knockoff CC Sakura. Everything else is alright.

Nanoha 10

something happening. Final battle coming soon!

kayos90

Star Driver is the kind of work that I can safely recommend that most people do not watch. Nearly everything it does has been done better by in other works. However episode 25 is worth watching just for the animation alone. Or rather, it's worth watching for the animation alone if you're the kind of person who's happy to watch twenty minutes of pretty shapes moving around.

I imagine you already know who you are.

I liked the lazors in episode 25. It was the obligatory dodging everything and going bananas and stuff.

I wasn't aware they had names given how unremarkable they are.

LOL. Why are you watching this again?

That's how do you do passive–aggressive posting, people!

Also known as the quickest way to turn me off a show. Sometimes I get interested in a show because of the interesting criticism it gets, but to say you just don't care, well, that's the final nail in the coffin.

That's sad because you will miss a great show.

Rinne no Lagrange ep 16 (S2 ep 4)

Well the new ED is much better and more soothing. The episode had some good moments but lots of moments really felt awkward. I wouldnt mind hearing Dizelmine and Villaguilio interaction friendly more as well as in general instead of being apart in different space craft. Would have preferred that over
spending time with Yuriyuri who didnt even give any sort of revelation beyond that flower

Hopefully all the screentime with Izo, Kirius, and Array actually leads to them also having tons of time in their mechs when the time is right for it.

Jex

I'm pretty sure this is what he says at 29:47:

"We've been having requests wondering if the commentary will be subtitled. Yes."

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/animecon-industry (The Aniplex panel one if it isn't auto-loading anymore)

Maybe another Bakemonogatari fan can double check that I'm not hearing it wrong. Wish he'd spent more than 5 seconds on it.

...I think I just heard the Bakemonogatari commentary will be subtitled on the release. Someone tell me I'm not dreaming.

What what what is this. Tell me more.

Narag

Guilty Crown 1

Okay, I had forgotten how badass this first episode was. Music is pretty stellar and Shu going into BA mode is pretty much killer. Animation is top notch and Rey Za Burrel using fists to kick ass? Awesome. I'm just wondering, how the fuck did everything go wrong after this episode?

The fact they didn't kills me. I felt like I was enticed by a stranger with a promise of free candy only to be violated after I was in.

Narag

Hey, don't forget all the other male (and female) characters! The Show has a very hateable cast.

There's Dan Eagleman, Haruka the Milf, Gai the Badass, Wheelchair Girl, and Nekomimi hacker girl. Then there's some bad guys or something. who the fuck knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom