• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joshiraku 03

N8a0s.gif

Another good episode. Nice puns, great energy, the three stories were all pretty good.

My favorite was probably the last one if only it had the violent action that SZS usually has.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Blood-C 11-12 END

Welp. That's it. That's actually it. That happened. I watched it happen. Yes, the signs were there, but somewhere at the back of my mind was a small voice of hope telling me that things weren't actually as they seemed. Or rather they were as they seemed. Or something. I don't know anymore.

Rather than repeating the events of the final episodes with expletives at various intervals, I'll instead just focus my rage and say that
Fumito you are an asshole of the absolute highest order. It's in my nature to develop a kind of warped respect for characters who devise overblown, maniacal schemes at the great expense of others, particularly where psychology/control are involved, but I just can't feel anything but a burning desire to see the guy's face smashed in by a sacred crowbar. I wanted Saya to wreck his shit so badly at the end I was this close to tilting the screen to try and crash his helicopter. If karma doesn't catch up with him in the movie I will not be a happy bunny.

Now that I see the full picture, I retcon my comments about the supporting cast being as dull as dry paint. The twins in particular became approximately 200% more awesome during the ep11 revelations, though it was obvious they weren't going to survive long beyond that point. At least they went out with a bang. Or a smash. Or a snap. I loved that after all Saya's efforts to save her teacher, she became an involuntary blood donor anyway.

I don't think I can grade this series. Not for a while anyway. I think I enjoyed it. Probably. Yeah.

Congratulations!

Soma

Blood-C 11-12 END

I don't think I can grade this series. Not for a while anyway. I think I enjoyed it. Probably. Yeah.

To this day I still can't find it in me to rate the show on MAL. It's a unique show that transcends mere "grading" as far as I'm concerned.

But all in all, it was definitely one of the most entertaining anime I've watched in a while.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
K-ON! 14

I'm starting to see where the the opinion, that the original episodes are better comes from, particuarly here. Even though episode 12 could be classed as the closing episode of the first season, I feel that this draws a much more comprehensive line under the proceedings. The school concert was certainly more reflective (at least in the case of Yui), but I felt that this was altogether more sastifying as a spectacle.

The prospect of their first genuine performance defenitely gave it the air of a proper finale, and I appreciate that they continually looked to bumble their way through the night. It was a nice touch that made sense, especially as this is the first time they have performed outside of their comfort zone, essentially having got by until now, as big fish in a small pond.

A slight bugbear of mine up until this point, had been that the show was all too aware of how unlikely that the band's ability seemed (something which Yui mentions at the beginning of the series). And It was conspicuous, precisely because you are are beaten over the head with the fact that the light-music club pretty much get nothing done, for the most part. Yet, they somehow manage to rise to the occasion. That kind of plausible deniability reminds of Haruhi, which simply made mention of many pre-existing tropes, seemingly so it could just invoke them, regardless. But I digress, as it was nice to see this episode actually reference it.

As a finale, I also just thought it worked better in pulling together the whole cast. The school performance felt like a backdrop for Yui's story, but this felt like it incoprporate the collective group much more effectively. Mio's realiziation that they have all grown since they all came together was a nice encapsulation of this, and actually serves to (neatly) underline the events of the series .

Maybe this is a pointless endeavour, but I fail to understand why some try to undermine the series by calling it pointless. I can see why some wouldn't like it, but its far from aimless, and it's the interaction of the characters that renders almost all of that irrelevant. I'm doubt I'm saying anything new here, but I just wanted to express why it is that I have ended up liking this series so much. It simply establishes a breezy pace, and from then on you are left to inhabit the world of the characters.

This is the proper reaction to K-on, Jman take notes.

Now, the (superior) second season awaits!

Arcana Famiglia 5
tumblr_m7xnkwDVtz1r012yho1_500.gif

I didnt think the anime could have some dark secrets.
Though Jolly did always seem to be perhaps potentially aligned to darkness. Keeping secrets from Ojou, deceiving Nova, and hidding something or someone in that flask of water is a bit on the scary side

Bambina is coming close to being a bit too powerful I think. Her knife skills are flawless and almost as impressive as Nova's skills, though not quite. The scene was just as pleasing as all the limone pie scenes with Pace.

On the mental side of things hope there is someway both Nova and Liberta can overcome their personal tragedies, both have had it tough and I dont think just peering into their hearts can solve it.

Soma

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 5

Huh, MAL lists this as 24 episodes now. More test flights, more pilot bonding, and more mecha on mecha action with a rock track playing in the background. I think Yuuya is falling in love with his mech too. I approve.

This all looks... slightly different than what I saw from episodes 1 and 2

Ultimadrago

I feel that the best move here is simply to set those who talk about such sinful matters to 'Ignore'.

It's really the safest way.

Now, now. I ignore select posts without having to resort to that most times.

A certain person's series impressions on a certain anime, for example, were smoothly skipped over in the previous thread!

No, it wasn't you, Jex.

Theonik

Yes, the second season is anime perfection.
Pretty much. It's like the first series in many ways but with a much more balanced fleshed out cast. Its tone is different though so I am not sure if I would say one is flat-out better than then other for that reason, I preferred the second series though personally. Specials didn't really add much though and hurt it a bit. The movie ties beautifully to the whole set too.

Taruranto

Now and Then, Here and There - 04

2vvMgl.jpg

These two are going to be super bros, won't they?

cHj7wl.jpg

Getting beaten once for episode is actually in Shu's contract for the series.

Arcana Famiglia 5
tumblr_m7xnkwDVtz1r012yho1_500.gif

I didnt think the anime could have some dark secrets.
Though Jolly did always seem to be perhaps potentially aligned to darkness. Keeping secrets from Ojou, deceiving Nova, and hidding something or someone in that flask of water is a bit on the scary side

Bambina is coming close to being a bit too powerful I think. Her knife skills are flawless and almost as impressive as Nova's skills, though not quite. The scene was just as pleasing as all the limone pie scenes with Pace.

On the mental side of things hope there is someway both Nova and Liberta can overcome their personal tragedies, both have had it tough and I dont think just peering into their hearts can solve it.

There is a character called "Bambina"? It literally means "Little Girl", what the fuck.

cajunator

Banned
Little Busters pv
tumblr_m7xcni8PDo1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This seems like it will be a really nice anime this fall. I like quite a few of the designs, and the little I see of the plot makes it seem like it will be a good experience.

We gonna get KEYED.

Blood-C 7

NO. NO SMALL ANIMALISTIC CREATURES
TALKING ABOUT WISHES
. NEVER AGAIN. FUCK.

I have no idea who this thing is or (largely) what he's talking about. At this point I've given up thinking about the plot and am simply going to disengage my brain and enjoy the show until its inevitably gruesome conclusion.

The fading in and out during the town scene worked effectively as a visual technique. It emphasised the fact that both myself and Saya are gradually losing our marbles the further this series progresses.

Tadakatsu Honda went down far too easily. I'm hoping that Saya will take his words on board, although that might be definitely is expecting too much from her.

Excellent. This is the proper response to Blood C!

I'm pretty sure this has become the most overused .gif on GAF by now.

WHere is that from exactly? I still have no idea.

ehh this

I find it odd you have an issue with fma one reminding you what your watching but not with the Sailor moon one.

I've never had a problem with any eyecatch. I love them all. Especially ones that use fanart.

Does anyone bother reading every post? I just go back a page, if that.

I do. But I am a mysterious creature.

How can you warn people about RKB while simultaneously warning people about it. That makes you look like some kind of hypocrite!

This head post my make hurt.

Nanoha 9

circles.jpg

So much magic circles <3

So from what i've seen so far, it does seem the movie hit most of the key plot points of this 'season'.

My opinion of this show is getting... a bit better over time. It's a lot better than it has any right to be.

Thats good. Nanoha is about half good and Nanoha A's is mostly good. Don't watch it for the slice of life because lots of mahou shoujo do that part better. Watch it for magical girls going full nuclear on each other.

cajun missed the goddess of archery today.

iSZ86MQy3H65H.gif

[Redacted]

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Lol, hell no. That show looked so stupid I think I'd lose brain cells from watching it.

Not if you are a gun enthusiast.

Blood-C 11-12 END

Welp. That's it. That's actually it. That happened. I watched it happen. Yes, the signs were there, but somewhere at the back of my mind was a small voice of hope telling me that things weren't actually as they seemed. Or rather they were as they seemed. Or something. I don't know anymore.

Rather than repeating the events of the final episodes with expletives at various intervals, I'll instead just focus my rage and say that
Fumito you are an asshole of the absolute highest order. It's in my nature to develop a kind of warped respect for characters who devise overblown, maniacal schemes at the great expense of others, particularly where psychology/control are involved, but I just can't feel anything but a burning desire to see the guy's face smashed in by a sacred crowbar. I wanted Saya to wreck his shit so badly at the end I was this close to tilting the screen to try and crash his helicopter. If karma doesn't catch up with him in the movie I will not be a happy bunny.

Now that I see the full picture, I retcon my comments about the supporting cast being as dull as dry paint. The twins in particular became approximately 200% more awesome during the ep11 revelations, though it was obvious they weren't going to survive long beyond that point. At least they went out with a bang. Or a smash. Or a snap. I loved that after all Saya's efforts to save her teacher, she became an involuntary blood donor anyway.

OH DELICIOUS :D

Theonik

There is a character called "Bambina"? It literally means "Little Girl", what the fuck.
The series is pretty hilarious with its Italian. As has been said before in this thread/IRC it's best to just call them after pasta. Doesn't make much difference. I mean the main character/maiden of the show is called Felicita, and one of the suitors is called Liberta... (they sound even worse too)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oda Nobuna 4

There's really nothing to say about the episode other than this image popping up during the previews:

RzUbIl.jpg

"Tune in next week to find out what this image is all about!"

Arcana Famiglia 05

J2ZbU.gif

Oh my, action!

Today we are pie makers?, wallet hunters? misused funds searchers?

Backstory coupled with flashbacks coupled with talking about it instead of using your mystical powers or filling your memory gaps makes this episode really boring. There were some decent funny moments here and there but even this men's volleyball match is slightly more interesting than this.

Narag

Guilty Crown 9

Did ... did that kid
possess that Endlave??... then ask Shu to kill him???
This is so fucking stupid.

VApRRl.png

What the fuck here too. It's like I missed several episodes of character development.

cajunator

Banned
Yami and Code Geass were excellent pitfalls. I also hear very promising things about Glass fleet which is why I picked it up. Sometimes I see a pit and just wanna jump right in it and see if it hurts you. Guilty Crown is such a pit.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yami and Code Geass were excellent pitfalls. I also hear very promising things about Glass fleet which is why I picked it up. Sometimes I see a pit and just wanna jump right in it and see if it hurts you. Guilty Crown is such a pit.

Unlike Yami or Code Geass or Glass Fleet, there's no payoff for Guilty Crown.

cajunator

Banned
Imagine if it was a catgirl in a cute wheelchair.

hnnnnnngrghhh

That's what I would imagine.
But don't get me wrong, there would still have to be a point to her existence.
But all I hear about is how terrible this show is. how it hurts your soul and makes you hate yourself.
You know as well as any that this just breeds intense curiosity about a show, especially if people tell you to stay away from, it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom