• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

A Q & A except from the Sentai panel:
11:23:16 <bay|Ota|Sentai> Q: I've heard that Sentai might be stretching too thin, licensing too much? Any comments?
11:23:13 <bay|Ota|Sentai> A: That has been brought up in many a panel
11:23:23 <bay|Ota|Sentai> I think we are being very careful at Sentai
11:23:27 <bay|Ota|Sentai> we saw what happened in the past with other companies
11:23:35 <bay|Ota|Sentai> and we're trying to be very careful with what we do and how we do it
11:23:39 <bay|Ota|Sentai> we're really small, we have very few
11:23:48 <bay|Ota|Sentai> back at ADV, everything was there
11:23:58 <bay|Ota|Sentai> Sentai is just the actual company, there are very few people there, we contract everything out
11:24:10 <bay|Ota|Sentai> so we know pretty much what the production capacity is for the people we're working with
11:24:17 <bay|Ota|Sentai> we know what we can afford to license and we know how sales are going
11:24:28 <bay|Ota|Sentai> we factor all that in and are not going to get stretched too thin
11:24:40 <bay|Ota|Sentai> and the moment, i think we're at a pretty good peak, we got a good number each month
11:24:47 <bay|Ota|Sentai> and the good thing is we've gotten more and more into streaming
11:25:01 <bay|Ota|Sentai> and the company has grown since it started
11:25:17 <bay|Ota|Sentai> we understand that concern very well
11:25:32 <bay|Ota|Sentai> i think we did a good job of avoiding it, i wouldn't be concerned, enjoy your anime
Actually, the whole panel is interesting; give it a read: http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=91

Taruranto

At least you guys didn't read 80 hours of VN.

iKXmdl.jpg

cajunator

Banned
It's all good. The BD Box II will redeem Stay Night

Fate Zero redeems the whole series.
But honestly I did enjoy FSN a lot. Back then I didn't care about flaws, it was action anime with cute girls and it was fucking awesome. But I always thought Shirou was a dumb fuck.

Dresden

[Windy Tales] - 1

Windy Tales is a 2004 animated series from the director of Dog Days about wind.

Okay, perhaps that’s not the most inspiring start to a review. Junji Nishimura also directed Ranma ½ and Simoun, he’s also worked on a few other titles that you might know about. He seems to be a fairly competent fellow. This is one of his more lyrical works and I like what I’ve seen of it so far.

Nishimura is directing Dog Days', not Dog Days.

Just sayin'.

Kazzy

I think I watched until episode 18, but the King's Game was the highlight.

It was a nice touch that the MC was very much their own creation, especially when they so easily could have just had him be completely peripheral.

Even in the anime, that part makes no fucking sense.

I remember being similarly curious about how they would depict the beauty pageant.

jman2050

This is the proper reaction to K-on, Jman take notes.

Now, the (superior) second season awaits!

Oh please, his impression of K-On is exactly like every other positive impression I've read: vague, nondescriptive, and using a lot of pointless fluff to tell me absolutely nothing.

Much like the show itself.

El Sloth

Banned
I wonder what other compromising screenshots of stuff said in IRC exist.

So many things that could be taken horribly out of context...

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Hyouka 6 - Pretty average episode, I really liked the interactions revolving around the 7 deadly sins and how much of a angel chintada is, which I found pretty amusing to watch. But the rest of the episode was so-so.

Hyouka 7 - Fun episode, lots of enjoyable slice-of-life shenanigans, and a pretty entertaining mystery to top it off with, and man I really like the use of J.S Bach in this series, I'm not even sure if it's appropriate for the tone or subject manner at all, but considering J.S bach is the greatest composer of all-time.. I don't really mind if it's appropriate or not. That said, I do find the music in the series, to be kind of deliberate in the mood it gives off to some of the sequences where it's utilized in the series.

Theonik

It's like nobody read the line after that...

your slander is amusing but ultimately futile.
Not my fault you left yourself wide open for that one!
I'm sure he means Twilight Q

though Twilight Q is super bad
Who knows? It's all lost in time.
He meant Twilight Sparkle from MLP:FiM, he said it right after on his next line that but I edited it out but cropping the line I wanted.

Articalys

Rinne no Lagrange S2 4

This show isn't that bad when stuff is actually happening.
Also, I liked (what I presume was) the special Mariya Ise ending song.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Everyone is secretly a Sakuga fan. They are just in denial about it, or aren't willing to further their subconscious interest in it~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom