• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafe

Hyouka 7 - Fun episode, lots of enjoyable slice-of-life shenanigans, and a pretty entertaining mystery to top it off with, and man I really like the use of J.S Bach in this series, I'm not even sure if it's appropriate for the tone or subject manner at all, but considering J.S bach is the greatest composer of all-time.. I don't really mind if it's appropriate or not. That said, I do find the music in the series, to be kind of deliberate in the mood it gives off to some of the sequences where it's utilized in the series.

That reminds me, it's been awhile since I've seen K-On! but the music playing during the next episode preview in Hyouka sounds exactly the same as it was in K-On! from what I can recall. Either it's KyoAni recycling the music or it's a more well known piece that I'm not recalling.

Whoa, I had no idea you watched Akage no Anne!

I've been maybe thinking of watching Akage no Anne lately. However, since Konnichiwa Anne takes place before Akage, is it recommended to watch it first? I can't recall how faithful the anime is based on past impressions in the thread.

Also Lafiel your kind of making me want to look into watching Daria. I think I saw some of it years ago but I can't remember what it's about.

Firemind

"Engineer

Mecha: level 2

After watching over 40 mecha anime you should be able to build your own mobile suit. Remember not to kill the rest of us."

Wtf mal has its own achievements? o_O

Okay, this is pretty neat actually.

mal1.png

Haha, some of these shows have nothing to do with cute girls.

mal2u.png

This is pretty accurate for the most part, though JC Staff could be bigger (I imagine some average shows are dragging it down) and I don't dislike AIC. Where is Shaft though?

mal3y.png

Romance being one of my least favourite genres is totes wrong.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've been maybe thinking of watching Akage no Anne lately. However, since Konnichiwa Anne takes place before Akage, is it recommended to watch it first? I can't recall how faithful the anime is based on past impressions in the thread.

Naw you can just watch Anne of Green Gables; Before Green Gables is a prequel book written by another author for the 100 year anniversary. It's "canon" I suppose, since it's officially sanctioned by LM Montgomery's estate, but it would be like saying you need to watch the new Sam Raimi Wizard of Oz film before watching the original because it's a prequel.

It makes sense that they'd animate the prequel book anyway and I almost wonder if there was a co-marketing deal between the estate and whoever does the WMT because the anime came relatively quickly considering the books they usually adapt.

I suppose it also makes sense to adapt the prequel because the other books become fairly serialized so there's no real ending point.

Thud

How do you only read less than 20 different manga series? I think like anime I can never get that number under 40.

Currently reading consists mostly of weekly manga. On hold and dropped consist mostly of irregular manga. I read those also. I pick a new manga to read when the counter on CR is below 15. Besides sometimes I don't read manga, catching up with 40 series would be wrecking.

Anime is worse tho, I only watch HxH. It's rare I watched Fate/Zero, Another and Nazo no Kanojo X. Anime seasons don't mean anything to me, that's why I prefer to watch and read on my own pace.

Anime compatibility with 27CansOfTuna is:
Somewhat Low
41,8%

Anime compatibility with darkside1337 is:
Medium-High
66.0%

Anime compatibility with icarusdaedelus is:
High
74.7%

I'm not completly hopeless yet!

Articalys

Hyouka 15
uJjgT.png

Now there's a face you can't refuse.
Another great episode. I love how this story is developing.

Also, it looks like
the theories about the manga club girl being the artist for "A Corpse by Evening" were probably spot-on

cajunator

Banned
Nice lists.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MasterDAero

I rather read manga though...

Added you

Added you too.

Joshiraku #4

Okay, this was fun considering the fact I'm a baka gaijin.

Can you name them all?

joshirakumariiglasses.gif

Further proof that Marii is best girl.

Hhhnnnnnnggggrghhhh. Wow. <3

I don't have many, but the ones I do have are great.

Nice.
I guess ill have to look around.
Probably ebay is the main option and they wont be cheap.

Star Driver 9 - 10
tumblr_m7y5gnq4BW1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

The bath scene with Takuto and Sugata was hilarious in 9, while the introduction of those with Vanishing Air was great. I was getting a bit concerned on all of the current designs of the characters in Kiraboshi Order of the Cross as theyve dropped so much in quality over the duration, but the three members with that group are great. Takeo in particular, who even seems to be voiced by Ouma Shu/Haruyuki Arita/Amata Sora. Hopefully Takeo returns as he was great in baseball
that ball he threw to Takuto was awesome, and he actually had cool powers and abilities in Zero Time. Should have given him a second chance to challenge him
. Actually Baseball is one of the biggest highlights in the anime, so many great moments and scenes.

Hope Sugata finds someway to give Takuto backup since all he can do in Zero Time is just stare or try to use his Kings Pillar, which cant destroy Cybodies :(

Head also needs to find someway to become relevant again since all of his underlings are just not even strong enough to take on Tsugata, they come close by still they cant prevail.

Katami wakachita yagadanse!

wonzo

Banned
Chitose Get You! 5

chitose5.jpg

This episode finally answered the age old question of is there actually a good show here without the terrible pedo jokes? Well, the answer is... no, this isn't good at all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hyouka asking the hard questions.
L32OOl.jpg

Yes please.

It's fun to see mini arcs within an arc - certainly being plot heavy instead of character heavy makes the show probably easier to watch for most people.
And of course, there's yet another mention of the fabulous
sister
that we know nothing about. I'm CURIOUS.

Nafe

Naw you can just watch Anne of Green Gables; Before Green Gables is a prequel book written by another author for the 100 year anniversary. It's "canon" I suppose, since it's officially sanctioned by LM Montgomery's estate, but it would be like saying you need to watch the new Sam Raimi Wizard of Oz film before watching the original because it's a prequel.

I don't really know anything about the prequel book honestly but that Oz comparison seems like a good way to put it into perspective and it's relationship with the story. Thanks.

Soma

Hyouka Episode 15

ibahYNkPJ9HBVE.jpg
iDqfa3R7gS7Zb.jpg

iXujoIJUh3SWm.jpg
ib0PvsL4ogGeBP.jpg

I know I've been repeatedly saying that I've enjoyed this show from the beginning like some damn hipster but this arc continues to amaze me. The past episodes within this arc have slowly been building up to something huge and I'm really excited to see where this all leads. The developments of the 'mini-arcs' from each main character are seemingly coming to a head and I'm particularly interested in seeing where Satoshi's development leads as this seems like something that's been building up for a while.

I love how all of this has been developing. The characterization and the writing is just superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom