• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh...guess I'll have to get the DVD collection. I have to wonder if reverse importation really is that big of an issue or if it is just a perceived threat by the Japanese licensors.

I guess I just have difficulty believing people in JPN would import months later for barebones releases lacking better disc arts and box arts and limited editions with the songs and what not and a dub. Oh well went ahead and cancelled the cheaper blu ray order for the pricier dvd order.

Only recent dvd only anime Im waiting to get when a blu ray may be released later...well hopefully, is Deadman Wonderland. I hope more releases dont go without the JPN audio on the blu rays...

Ugh...guess I'll have to get the DVD collection. I have to wonder if reverse importation really is that big of an issue or if it is just a perceived threat by the Japanese licensors.

It is probably just a threat that the companies feel could be a big deal. Usually it doesn't happen since NA stuff gets released quite some time after they were released in Japan, but I guess Sentai is trying their darnest to capitalize on P4G and get it in a timely matter hence this silly no JP track on the Blu-Ray.

XpAoC.gif

((((;゜Д゜))) Dresden, where's this from?

NewFresh

Yeah I'm looking forward to Birth It's one of those thingsI keep putting off even though I know better!

That should be a real list too. So much awesome stuff seems forgotten or ignored due to age and availability of other anime.

Well, I have been keeping track of posts that I liked reading or stuff that I would like to check out. This is a more recent bunch of posts:

WF6b5.png

There might be some terrible grammar in there since it is just there for me to recognize.

There are more posts bookmarked both above and bellow that I just need some free time (Motivation) to organize them.

Nichijou 1-2

This shit is so fucking meta. It's like I'm being trolled and only found out by chance.

*cuddles up*

I believe it's from Yotsuba&!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
XpAoC.gif

It's just a fanmade gif of Yosuba&!.

Well, I have been keeping track of posts that I liked reading or stuff that I would like to check out. This is a more recent bunch of posts:

There are more posts bookmarked both above and bellow that I just need some free time (Motivation) to organize them.

*cuddles up*

You still have the best Nichijou avatar, don't worry.

(Sorry Dragoultima. :( )

Theonik

I blame the rich otaku's banker sons.
Cheap spoilt brats!
Personally I don't think the impact is really that great and usually inferior releases on later dates further help make it pretty negligible. In the end however it doesn't matter. So long as JP executives think it's an issue it's an issue. Not like they actually know the real impact either

BluWacky

I guess I just have difficulty believing people in JPN would import months later for barebones releases lacking better disc arts and box arts and limited editions with the songs and what not and a dub.

It's half the price (or less!) and you still get the show, plus you're not left with a bunch of ridiculous tat you'll never use or have a place for (if you're me).

Anyone want a Witch Hunter Robin shotglass? Didn't think so.

trejo

Nunally in Wonderland

So yeah, Miyuki-chan in Wonderland remains the superior CLAMProportioned version of this literary work, as if there was ever any doubt.

This one does have Wakamoto, though, so it has at least that going for it.

Articalys

1st 158 Yumi Kajiki @ Saki
2nd 137 Mio Sakamoto @ Strike Witches
3rd 135 Rise Kujikawa @ Persona 4
4th 132 Nanako Dojima @ Persona 4
5th 131 Shirayuki Hotogi @ Hidan No Aria
6th 123 Agiri Goshiki @ Kill Me Baby
7th 121 Henrietta De Tristain @ Zero no Tsukaima
8th 119 Riko Mine @ Hidan No Aria
9th 118 Maria Takayama @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
9th 118 Yuuko Shionji @ Kamisama No Memochou
9th 118 Kanade Suzutsuki @ Mayo Chiki!
12th 114 Rinko Tamaki @ Natsuiro Kiseki
13th 112 Kiyomi Sakura @ Squid Girl
14th 107 Hanyuu @ Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
15th 105 Harue Akado @ Saki
16th 99 Atsumi Miyagawa @ Recorder & Randsell
And once again, some of those who fell just on the wrong side of the borderline:
17th 95 Zessica Wong @ Aquarion Evol
18th 94 Izumi Sakurai @ Nichijou
22nd 90 Yukiko Amagi @ Persona 4
23rd 89 Kaoru Tanamachi @ Amagami SS
27th 80 Inori Yuzuriha @ Guilty Crown

Narag

Computer Kakumei

Ten minute OVA highlighting some of the positives (and negatives) of the advance of technology in 2020 Tokyo. The world presented was rather neat which made this enjoyable.

qV4nhl.jpg

R.I.P. Cajunator 19XX-2020

NewFresh

It's just a fanmade gif of Yosuba&!.

You still have the best Nichijou avatar, don't worry.

(Sorry Dragoultima. :( )

Muchas gracias ;)

Complimenting Emubroz, is complimenting me...
except it's not complimenting me!

It's a compliment for all us nichijoubros

Stupid rabbit, you make me look bad! Ooga Booga Booga

I take that back, it's a compliment for me!

Sweet. I made it on the list!

I think most everyone shows up somewhere on the bigger list. Since that one is more recent, it's going to be dominated by Narag. He has been on a watching spree of interesting stuff.

Ultimadrago

Well at least the superior female character of p4 (Rise) is at the very top.

lol

Oh DTL.

I take that back, it's a compliment for me!

D'oh!

Since that one is more recent, it's going to be dominated by Narag. He has been on a watching spree of interesting stuff.

I agree and as it should be. Narag is indeed on a journey to find and share impressions on animated works quite removed from what I usually read and hear about.

And once again, some of those who fell just on the wrong side of the borderline:
27th 80 Inori Yuzuriha @ Guilty Crown

Inori in 27th place. She deserves it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
A co-worker of mine got some free Guilty Crown BRs when some of his friends from Production IG were visiting. I never got around to watching that series even with all the initial hype around here about it. Worth checking out?

A co-worker of mine got some free Guilty Crown BRs when some of his friends from Production IG were visiting. I never got around to watching that series even with all the initial hype around here about it. Worth checking out?

I and maybe 2 other people in here really like it. Everyone else thinks it's one of the worst shows ever.

Its a unique storytelling experience that you would be hard pressed to find elsewhere. Definitely check it out as I was impressed both by its storytelling, visuals, music, and character design and their development.

jman2050

Its a unique storytelling experience that you would be hard pressed to find elsewhere. Definitely check it out as I was impressed both its storytelling, visuals, music, and character design and development.

Do the opposite of what this guy says.

Theonik

It's pretty bad. But, for the price of free by borrowing your friend's disks you aren't exactly losing anything giving it a shot.
Edit: Though really, I'd say avoid but hey, different strokes for different folks.

Taruranto

It's like one of the worst thing humanity created.

And no, i'm not exaggerating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom