• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Concept associated with said person.

:cajun -> Cuteness or "HNNNNGGH"

:firehawk -> Mono no aware

:chet -> Breasts, large breasts, and overwhelmingly large breasts

:sdburton came to be the other day for anything close to yuri. I approve.

Fair 'nuff, but on a forum where perspectives & topics of discussion skew heavily male-oriented, I don't think there is anything untoward about assuming a predominantly male membership, or even assuming someone claiming to be female is lying- given that it would have been preferable, especially until recently, in most cases not to admit that. It also makes it ideal to "hide" and purposely avoid correcting those assumptions, since being female alters perception/treatment and attracts several varieties of un/wanted attention; this partly is why I never bother(ed) to correct people on misused pronouns or w/e.

Also because this tag makes it totally awkward nao.

Real You didn't last very long did it, i-d? Is that why?

Branduil

Wow, I have a lot of catching-up to do.

They Were Eleven

iUzG95MmLhXdF.jpg

Nafe

Don't forget Mio has a personality :T

I'm not exactly like Mio, for example I don't get scared as easily as she does.
She would probably be the closest approximation of the girls to me though. I've never actually done one of those "Which character are you like?" type things in reference to K-On! if one exists.

But Mio isn't Jun or Ui....

I think all the girls are okay in their own ways really. I don't really hate any of them or anything.

Only if we're all in cosplay.

Is this just so you can see AnimeGaf's meido InfiniteNine in his meido outfit again?

You're focusing on the fact Mio is my favorite right?

And talent! Lots of talent.

Right, I forgot who I was talking to. Also is this supposed to be a Sailor Moon English dub reference to Makoto or do you say it like that all the time in general?

I might post in one thread for every fifty that I lurk, and I can't remember what a single realpic person looks like! If some internet stalker somewhere ends up with a 100x120 picture of my face in a creepy folder on their computer, I'd probably just feel flattered that someone thought I wasn't horrifically ugly, hahah.

I suppose that might be true. Personally I'm still not comfortable with it.

You do know what :chet means right? You just gave it away.

Or did I?

Emitan

I'm not exactly like Mio, for example I don't get scared as easily as she does.
She would probably be the closest approximation of the girls to me though. I've never actually done one of those "Which character are you like?" type things in reference to K-On! if one exists.

I would say I'm a combination of Yui and Mugi. I love cute things and cakes, but I also love yuri and I can be quiet like Mugi because I'm shy and introverted.

Jex

They Were Eleven

So was this worth watching? I'm not sure. It does have a certain amount of historical interest, as it is the only anime to be adapted from the works of legendary shoujo manga artist Moto Hagio, one of the founders of the field. I should say that, for all my issues, there was one particular plot thread surrounding Tada which I found particularly satisfying. In the end, though, I feel it doesn't live up to its promise and I would not recommend it.

Have you checked out the manga for comparison or rather, to see if the source material is superior?

wonzo

Banned
AKB0048 1 Directors Cut

Yep, this show still pretty much owns but now with a few extra scenes added that I don't really remember being in the original episode, most notably of which is one that lays on the Yuri pretty thick! The CG also seemed to look better so maybe they touched that up a bit for the BD's.

One thing I did notice was that
the girls already had the hearts on their hair and eyes even before the concert, Chieri makes sense given that she's seen one before but that doesn't explain the other three unless this sick disease is not necessarily spread via concerts. It kinda conflicts with what we learnt from that other set of girls from that other planet but maybe the concert there was the final push needed to trigger a reaction.

to be next stage

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
AKB0048 1 Directors Cut

Yep, this show still pretty much owns but now with a few extra scenes added that I don't really remember being in the original episode, most notably of which is one that lays on the Yuri pretty thick! The CG also seemed to look better so maybe they touched that up a bit for the BD's.

One thing I did notice was that
the girls already had the hearts on their hair and eyes even before the concert, Chieri makes sense given that she's seen one before but that doesn't explain the other three unless this sick disease is not necessarily spread via concerts. It kinda conflicts with what we learnt from that other set of girls from that other planet but maybe the concert there was the final push needed to trigger a reaction.

to be next stage

*yuri sense tingling*

SYwos.png

Is this yuri I see?!

*adds to list*

Nafe

Fair 'nuff, but on a forum where perspectives & topics of discussion skew heavily male-oriented, I don't think there is anything untoward about assuming a predominantly male membership, or even assuming someone claiming to be female is lying- given that it would have been preferable, especially until recently, in most cases not to admit that. It also makes it ideal to "hide" and purposely avoid correcting those assumptions, since being female alters perception/treatment and attracts several varieties of un/wanted attention; this partly is why I never bother(ed) to correct people on misused pronouns or w/e.

Also because this tag makes it totally awkward nao.

That's true I suppose. Maybe I should have just left the whole gender thing alone...Now Chet is my biggest fan. I guess it doesn't matter, I like Chet.

I refuse to be Lupin.

Fuck all of you.

I don't understand this. Probably something that happened even before my reading days?

Well, you wouldn't be the first AnimeGAF regular to be in transition then.

I don't think I understand this either honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom