• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOGH: my conquest of sea of stars

Wow, that was pretty dope. keikaku admiral has some nice hair and nice keikaku eyes. Not really reading Jackie Chan guy properly yet, but I assume the main show involves these 2 folks?

Anyhow count me interested in this series.

Gravijah

Well, I'm not tired but I have to go. When I get back, probably hours from now, everyone will forget that I might of mentioned being :Chet At least no one outside of AnimeGaf knows what that means anyway.

I'm probably going to have a lot of catching up to do too, this thread seems to have gone back into overdrive.

people do not forget things

cajunator

Banned

I don't really think you should worry much about being :chet in this particular thread to begin with. There are some places outside in scaryGAF that you definitely shouldn't reveal that though.
But generally, theres a reason most of us don't reveal much about ourselves outside of private conversation. an internet forum can be seen by ANYONE and they don't all have nice intentions.

Branduil

When I get back, probably hours from now, everyone will forget that I might of mentioned being :Chet At least no one outside of AnimeGaf knows what that means anyway.

Nobody on animeGAF ever forgets anything ever. Just ask firehawk about action scenes or Jexhius about Haibane Renmei.

Nafe

Poor Nafe, now we all practically know her home address. Well, it's a valuable lesson to always be careful on the internet, and especially GAF. Someone will always try to uncover the truth, and not even former mods can escape detective-GAF's power.

We're all pretty nice in this thread though.

AnimeGaf's a nice place. On the subject of imagining people as their avatar I especially like yours. It works with the whole monocle mustache thing here at AnimeGaf.

people do not forget things

I revealed nothing. What are you people talking about?

EDIT:
Seems legit.

Doesn't it?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Shoot... I have nothing to watch now after Anohana. Someone quick, recommend me something before I go into withdrawl.

Well, I'm not tired but I have to go. When I get back, probably hours from now, everyone will forget that I might of mentioned being :Chet At least no one outside of AnimeGaf knows what that means anyway.

LldWN.gif

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Shoot... I have nothing to watch now after Anohana. Someone quick, recommend me something before I go into withdrawl.

Pick a number between 1 and 277.

Or, if you're still on a suffering kick after AnoHana, I've been craving some new Brave 10 impressions.

Branduil

AnimeGaf's a nice place. On the subject of imagining people as their avatar I especially like yours. It works with the whole monocle mustache thing here at AnimeGaf.

That's why I chose it, after all.

And yes I always imagine posters as their avatars. I'm pretty sure EmmanuelMunoz is really a rabbit.

Branduil

If someone wants suffering they should watch Now and Then, Here and There.

Or Black Rock Shooter TV for more vicarious suffering.

Dresden

so I guess these are the tweets from urobuchi about his america: the experience...

elsewhere

I thought the euphoria from visiting Sakuracon was partially the happiness hormones from going to America for the first time,
but going to Otakon this time I have confirmed it. American Otaku are really wonderful.

Because they are not fighting amongst each other. They are seriously loving each other as same-minded brothers.

They are gentlemen, that to protect their community, and to participate at the event with each other feeling well, abide by manner rules throughoutly.

I'm feeling from all of that. The edorphine is overflowing, and I'm happy at full throtle.
Even though they are holding up moderation to prevent people from making others feel bad, no BECAUSE they are doing that, you can really fully enjoy the event.

In Japan, it's not so much about making the place feel good, but about getting your fingers on that book. That sort of people exist in masses over here.

I'm thinking, maybe they are correctly enjoying anime more so than we Japanese who create them.

Fighting with fans of other anime. What are you doing?

Do you want to watch anime, or do you want to fight? What is it? That is what I want to ask.

In the end, in Japan there are probably still tons of otaku that think of themselves as pitiful beings. So, when they so other otaku enjoying themselves, they are aggressively going "Even though they are of the same kind of me, why are they not pitifully let their head hang down?" It's really tragic.

Of course the American otaku know they are a minority, but they would never think of themselves as pitiful because of that.

Since everyone is firmly self-confident about what they love, they don't even think about someone else denying them that. They don't get instinctly snappy in defense either.

I wanted to tell some fun memories, but it somehow became a complaint.

...well, if you ever think about you living as otaku along with other otaku being a sad thing, then I think it is the right thing to watch an American anime convention once.
You are getting encouraged on that we are truly spreading a wonderful culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom