• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shergal

Girls und Panzer 1-2

I like the idea of the tank perspective of the opening scene, but the execution was a bit awkward. Aside from that, this is a pleasant watch. I'm not really into tanks - I do have an interest in military history but more on the strategy/tactics side than the equipment - but fortunately the show doesn't rely on appealing exclusively to those who are. The cast is large, but fun to watch and there's good chemistry between them. The setting has a lot of oddities (piloting tanks will get you a good husband! we're living on a battleship!) which helps make the show stand out. I'm not that fond of the character designs, but the character animation is really good, much better than I would have expected.

It was odd how Miho seemed to get over her inhibitions about tankery rather quickly.

Best implementation of CGI in recent times.

Even considering it looks like crap.

Jarmel

Banned
So does the same happen with mp3 and FLAC in your setup then?

In regards to the Shingeki soundtrack? Yes, I've compared it to a couple of different other sources and the audio sounds the same.

I also listened to some other soundtracks and they sounded crystal clear.

Geneijin

In regards to the Shingeki soundtrack? Yes, I've compared it to a couple of different other sources and the audio sounds the same.

I also listened to some other soundtracks and they sounded crystal clear.
I'm talking about comparing your mp3 rip with your lossless rip for Shingeki. You sure it's just as prevalent in the mp3 version as it is for FLAC? If so, nice HD800s then.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 33

Episode was meh. Photographer girl was being a pain in the ass and refused to stop after being told to many times. And her crying, oh god that was awful. Her voice is weird enough, I didn't need to hear that.

zeroshiki

Geneijin was always in all of us.

368023_zps30ea1a59.jpg

Jex

AnoHana is holding strong on its 19th day with 660 million making it the 4th biggest late-night anime to movie adaptation ever (impressive) and is more than poised to take down Macross F for 3rd place. Disappearance at 2nd place is probably unrealistic, though.

God dammit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Chuuni movie has apparently already made 120 million yen in its 10 days in theaters. The estimate is for it to settle in at around 200 million putting it just below the Nanoha movie and making it the 13th biggest late-night anime to movie adaptation ever (not really impressive).
Watch Chuu2 already, damn it!

Yeah. Her career is nearly over :(
25 is death.

Yeah, I guess it's like anything where you think of maybe some singer or band or a movie star and they want to keep going and some of them do well at an older age and others you just think should retire already,haha.
Well, it seems that unless you have a distinctive voice, you are kind of stuck with whatever you can get. The Japanese industry seems to be so fucked... or at least more fucked than the American industry, where women who enter their 40s also go into an acting ghetto.

Ah, Okay. I'll just have to add KnT to my big list of shows to watch at some point.
It's basically the best shoujo ever! lol
Haha. Well they like cute girls so I posted this picture here:
http://i.imgur.com/xoLEQJF.jpg
Cute girls doing cute pew pew pew things? Haha, I don't know.
Man. Those skin-tight suits are still so lewd, considering that the men don't have to wear anything like them. :p

Also, getting Jexhius to finally watch the show is a victory in itself, given he's probably the one person here that I know would definitely appreciate it!

Speaking of the songs, I like how the opening to the show has that kind of retro feel to it in its music. I'm just getting to the halfway point in the show and I just LOVE the new ending theme that started in episode 11. Really nice and beautiful.
It's the old retro theme song. It's funny though, if you actually pay attention to the lyrics, you come to realize how cheesy the song can be despite how much bravado it seems to have.

Just listen to the English version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMcrep48Wz0

Our Starblazeeeers lol

Hopefully it does okay. Ultimately though I feel the same in that I'm not so much worried about where it would place but more interested in making people aware of the show and hoping they watch it and like it. I don't know what that Time Jam show is, I'll have to look it up.

I might end up checking out that thread on Animesuki later as well. Haha, I don't know what happens either but I don't think it's as bad as people here make it seem. It's not like AnimeGaf is devoid of wife wars or weird posts or anything like that either. I do like it that certain members or the community mostly as a whole does make me more aware of some more niche shows that I otherwise might not have known about though.
I can't really tell who is watching it here, but given that no one really posts about it, and I think I am the only one watching the TV broadcasts at the moment (with the shitty TV theme song), I think it's safe to say that it's dead. lol
Maybe if Starblazers becomes a thing, it'll get an OT from all the old nerds on GAF.

Time Jam is based on a French comic and the cartoon was actually made for France. But it's animated by a Japanese studio, so I guess that's why Crunchyroll picked it up. But it's a very classic/retro science fiction series, with simple stock characters and simple stock adventures. For me, it's fairly nostalgic. The characters are fun at least!

Haha. I've just been watching my first Toku shows such as Kamen Rider, and even in Akibaranger actually, and the different monsters with people in suits are sometimes voiced by people from Anime or games. It seems like they just do whatever as far as voice acting: Anime, games, toku, dubbing of foreign TV shows, movies and games again.

Actually, the seiyuu Haruka Tomatsu is voicing one of the lead villains in the Super Sentai show Kyoryuger and she's even in the show herself a couple episodes when supposed to be disguised in human form and she's an idol there,haha.
It makes sense that you'd take whatever jobs you can get. And the industry is probably small enough that if you are a voice actor based in Tokyo and have representation, you probably can get some bones thrown at you. Bonus points because apparently the Japanese, like Americans, hate subtitles and want all their things dubbed into their local language.

You can see how it breaks down when English dubs of live action movies in America turn out to be such shit because they basically use the cheapest voice over actors possible. I almost hope that The Grandmaster has an English dub whenever it comes out on disc here. lol

Jarmel

Banned
I'm talking about comparing your mp3 rip with your lossless rip for Shingeki. You sure it's just as prevalent in the mp3 version as it is for FLAC? If so, nice HD800s then.

Yea you were right. I take back my earlier comments, the audio is fine. I completely re-ripped the CD and apparently the static was due to a bad rip on my part. I knew it couldn't be intentional as it was way too bad and prevalent. I was listening to some versions on Youtube to see if the static was there as well but it was probably just bad Youtube audio compression like always.

A few of the songs are decent and just trying to get a feel for Sawano for KLK.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
vvv
more like zzz. i've never watched angel beats but i imagine it's a lot like this. but with less star fox.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Silver Spoon 11

A nice way to close up this first half of the season.

Wonder if the second half is going to try and cram both Fall and Winter into it since those two are a lot longer than Spring and Summer are.

The second season doesn't air until January 2014 (Tentatively).

Why did so many shows this season end at the 11th and 12th episode. Was there something going on that I wasn't aware of?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Anime series end on that number all the time. Plus I'm pretty sure that isn't the number that is unlucky in Japan.

cajunator

Banned
do most shows get soundtracks? when do they usually come out? normally i wouldn't care but stella c3-bu has music i would actually want to listen to outside the context of the show.

Yeah most actually do.
The Chihayafuru soundtracks are gorgeous. So is the Allison and Lillia ost and the Sora no Woto ost.

25 is death.

Well, it seems that unless you have a distinctive voice, you are kind of stuck with whatever you can get. The Japanese industry seems to be so fucked... or at least more fucked than the American industry, where women who enter their 40s also go into an acting ghetto.

Yeah Halko is getting up there. But so is Rie and she still has parts.
Halko Momoi and Komugi will always be closest to my heart though.

Hunter X Hunter is moving from its current Sunday morning slot to Tuesdays at 1:30 AM starting in October.

Usually when the first set of shows start broadcasting which is, according to this site, weeks ago if we count Diabolik Lovers. THe majority seem to be starting in a week though.

Who's making it anywho?

I am.

Bearguy-san is one of the greatest mecha designs ever created.

Although I was interested in the concept, thinking of people's reactions to AGE scared me off. Bearguy-san has convinced me to give it a try.

Gundam Build Fighters has one very big advantage over AGE: Akihiro Hino is not involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom