• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

ATLA s01e07

Zuko_sees_Iroh_bathing.png

It's really quite refreshing how quickly Aang gets used to being a spirit, but I guess he's had monk training.

Oh crap! You can't bend in the spirit world... wonder how Korra's gonna handle that sheet.

Jex

Jexhius, is this episode of Attack on Titan good enough that someone who dropped the show should pick it up again?

That episode was so good that you should really watch that episode, and episode 17 beforehand. Those are the only two I can whole heatedly recommend. I wouldn't necessarily recommend picking up the whole series because when you dropped it you probably dropped it for good reason.

Then again, many of the problems with watching the series (e.g. the pacing issues) are resolved when you watch it in the marathon format because every time (and I meant every time) you realise nothing is happening you can just just two minutes ahead which works wonders. So if you do need to see the whole story that's my preferred way of doing it.

jediyoshi

Henneko 12-fin
So like what the fuck. The time travel arc was actually really good. I was finishing the show up mostly out of obligation but the last arc was pretty good. The Emi arc was fucking terrible and made me think I was right in dropping the show but the time travel arc was handled in a pretty decent way and the twist at the end was overall satisfactory. I'm surprised.

I'm also impressed with the fact that the show had leads who actually kissed each other. How fucking rare is that?

100% this. Not sure the point of the emi arc and how it wraps up, but I lost my shit when the last arc's twist dropped.

Articalys

I'm really liking Coppelion's opening song. Not sure how it'll translate to video as it's kinda stop and go but I like the rock of it and the bass.

http://llamaop.wordpress.com/2013/09/22/coppelion-op/
Might as well update a few more recent Fall Anison posts from that blog, then. Note they're mostly radio rips, so they'll probably have some announcer chatter mixed in here and there sometimes:

Log Horizon ED preview: “Your song*” by Yun*chi

Yu-Sibu ED preview: “Sticking Places” by Sphere

zeroshiki

I actually checked Saimoe this year because you were posting about it. Apparently they're not even allowing voting through the site now. They just start a thread on 2ch and collect the results there. 2ch has some of the dumbest posting restrictions ever (Japan only, no cellphones sometimes, random ISP blocking).

At this point, only the hardest of the hardcore would bother to vote in it.

zeroshiki

Let me help:

firehawk12 said:
Sword Art Online. This is the worst show ever to have been produced by a culture. Take the solipsism of The Newsroom, the depravity of K-Town or any other reality show of that ilk, and the sad humanity exhibited exhibited in shows like Honey Boo Boo and you'd STILL get a show that is morally, ethically, and spiritually more justifiable than Sword Art Online. The bar has been set so low that I can even see merit in a show like OniAi. Fuck you SAO... just fuck you.

Sword Art Online 25 and overall Final Impressions

I thought the series would take a huge dive when it went into the Fairy Dance, however I feel it added a lot of depth to the overall series. (Which wasn't all that deep to begin with.) We had a world with such huge promise. Then instead of cool action sequences going through tons of floors, we're skipping like 30 an episode. It was disappointing.

Asuna is soooooo boring. I can only imagine she hypnotized Kirito or something, because Lisbeth is season 1 goddess. Her episode was bY far my favorite of "season 1"

Still don't quite understand how Asuna wasn't dead forever as all her light disappeared. Then Kirito gets killed and quickly comes back strictly because of his will? Hmm. Did they forget that Klein has a Revival item the entire time? or did they just not animated that episode?

Anyway. to Fairy Dance. First of all, we (finally) get more Suguha, who is "goddess". You feel bad for her throughout, putting her feelings on the line only to get hurt several times. The way they handled the realization of them discovering each other was done meh, very predictable, but still poor Suguha.

The Forever Death penalty being removed wasn't as big an issue either, there was enough going on with Kirito's drive to find boring Asuna. As the series progressed I cared far less for her character. I did enjoy Kirito's drive to be with her, however. I would rather him had ended up with Suguha if they weren't cousins.

I also find it funny how Kayaba Akihiko kills about 4000 people, and Kirito doesn't really show immediate disdain towards him, rather he's a sort of Jedi counsel from the other world towards the end. I felt there would have been a more general hate toward him which never really came.

Hasn't it been said the LN's are still going on? or there's another MMO they're supposed to go to? Another season maybe, or do we think this is it?

So, yeah. Here's the new Suguha Alter I'm going to get :D

ztW3iOk.jpg

Pooya

Free! - 12

wow, the drama was so bad I had to skip forward good chunk of the episode. Some great looking water animation during the relay race, looked very nice.

Overall, I'd rate this series above Chuu2, which is not saying much at all. First half or so was quite funny and I enjoyed that, but the forced drama crap ruined the rest. Chuu2 was never funny, so that's that. Maybe now that the silly drama is over, a second season is focused on fun bits rather than awful bits.

cnet128

Banned
Also Anime-GAF what does "Korede' dou" mean and why is it usually the busty woman in my SRPG games who is saying it?

Means roughly "how about this". I imagine the reason why it's usually busty women saying it is because it sounds vaguely...provocative.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but the composer for Kyoukai no Kanata is Hikaru Nanase/Masumi Itou. She did the OST for Noein,Canaan, and Chrono Crusade.

Masumi Itou is goddess. If she's doing the OST for the show, why couldn't she do the ED? I want to hear her amazing voice ;_;

Yes, and by most accounts, Rika winning over Nagi thanks in large part to overseas votes was the beginning of the end for a more open Saimoe.

Rika? Meh. Should've been Satoko.

Sword Art Online 25 and overall Final Impressions

I thought the series would take a huge dive when it went into the Fairy Dance, however I feel it added a lot of depth to the overall series. (Which wasn't all that deep to begin with.) We had a world with such huge promise. Then instead of cool action sequences going through tons of floors, we're skipping like 30 an episode. It was disappointing.

Asuna is soooooo boring. I can only imagine she hypnotized Kirito or something, because Lisbeth is season 1 goddess. Her episode was bY far my favorite of "season 1"

Still don't quite understand how Asuna wasn't dead forever as all her light disappeared. Then Kirito gets killed and quickly comes back strictly because of his will? Hmm. Did they forget that Klein has a Revival item the entire time? or did they just not animated that episode?

Anyway. to Fairy Dance. First of all, we (finally) get more Suguha, who is "goddess". You feel bad for her throughout, putting her feelings on the line only to get hurt several times. The way they handled the realization of them discovering each other was done meh, very predictable, but still poor Suguha.

The Forever Death penalty being removed wasn't as big an issue either, there was enough going on with Kirito's drive to find boring Asuna. As the series progressed I cared far less for her character. I did enjoy Kirito's drive to be with her, however. I would rather him had ended up with Suguha if they weren't cousins.

I also find it funny how Kayaba Akihiko kills about 4000 people, and Kirito doesn't really show immediate disdain towards him, rather he's a sort of Jedi counsel from the other world towards the end. I felt there would have been a more general hate toward him which never really came.

Hasn't it been said the LN's are still going on? or there's another MMO they're supposed to go to? Another season maybe, or do we think this is it?

So, yeah. Here's the new Suguha Alter I'm going to get :D

ztW3iOk.jpg

It's always nice to see someone who doesn't hate SAO =) Welcome to the club!

In answer to your question, the LNs are indeed still going on. The anime has so far covered the first four novels (well, roughly - a few of the Aincrad events were taken from one-shot stories in later novels, and one part of the Fairy Dance story was disappointingly left out). There are currently 13 novels published (with a new one being released roughly every four months), and it seems inevitable that another anime season will be made at some point, since it's a very profitable series.

EDIT:

Yu-Sibu ED preview: “Sticking Places” by Sphere

Ooh, Sphere! Their songs are always so full of happiness. I want a second series of Natsuiro Kiseki ;_;

It's always nice to see someone who doesn't hate SAO =) Welcome to the club!

In answer to your question, the LNs are indeed still going on. The anime has so far covered the first four novels (well, roughly - a few of the Aincrad events were taken from one-shot stories in later novels, and one part of the Fairy Dance story was disappointingly left out). There are currently 13 novels published (with a new one being released roughly every four months), and it seems inevitable that another anime season will be made at some point, since it's a very profitable series.

Yep, My thoughts my have come off a bit on the harsher side, but I actually really enjoyed it. It's been a while since I've had an anime hold my attention to finish the whole thing within a week. :)

Also, interesting to hear there was even less Aincrad in the novels until later on. I would have loved to have seen more action in that world. Very sad about missing so much from Fairy Dance.

Great news about a new season's chances. Looking froward to more Sugu-chan :D

cnet128

Banned
Yep, My thoughts my have come off a bit on the harsher side, but I actually really enjoyed it. It's been a while since I've had an anime hold my attention to finish the whole thing within a week. :)

Also, interesting to hear there was even less Aincrad in the novels until later on. I would have loved to have seen more action in that world. Very sad about missing so much from Fairy Dance.

Great news about a new season's chances. Looking froward to more Sugu-chan :D

If you haven't seen it yet, you should also check out Accel World, which is based on another light novel series by the same author, and seems to take place in the same world as SAO a little over twenty years later. Though SAO is the series which has achieved most of the sales popularity, it's a common opinion that Accel World is the better of the two.

wonzo

Banned
Teekyuu S2 24 END

tkyuu24.jpg

I'm glad the third season of this is starting next season as I don't think I could wait that long for more.

Senyuu. S2 26 END

This on the other hand, I totally could.

Yami Shibai 12

If there's one thing this series hates more than salarymen, negligent fathers, or toilet dwelling lepers, it's young highschool girls with part time jobs just struggling to make ends meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom