• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
So this is the first time I post in AnimeGAF. Be gentle.

I recently started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion series, and since it has a very 'controversial' ending I decided
(was forced)
to post some quick impressions of the first 6 episodes. I'll start posting more impressions once watch more episodes.

Without further ado:
  • Show's a bit slow
  • Shinji is incredibly whiny and bitchy. Not liking him so far
  • His dad seems like a douche. I guess he's doing this EVA program for the greater good or something.
  • Rei seems like she could be an interesting character.
  • Misato is the most interesting character so far. She's got a pet penguin. What's not to love?
  • Seems silly to rest humanity's existence on the hands of mentally unstable 14 year olds, I guess they'll explain this later.
  • Eva fights and Shinji's screams are amazing.

Welcome to the thread. Evangelion is a good watch. Are you doing the dub or sub? Make sure you watch End of Evangelion, too.

Toradora 1 (rewatch)

Nothing stops this
feels
train.

Toradora 2 (rewatch)

Oh god, I'd forgotten how adorable Taiga is when she's flustered. :lol

<3

Taiga is love. I fucking adore Toradora! and I don't normally do rewatches but that would probably be first on my list to rewatch.

Big Ben is adorably rapey. Sell him on that.

On a semi-related sidenote:

IDW_100_NFL_Player_Orthos_by_NuMioH.jpg

I'd watch the FUCK out a football/mecha show.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Taiga is love. I fucking adore Toradora! and I don't normally do rewatches but that would probably be first on my list to rewatch.

Heh, I still remember your Toradora impressions. I think I stayed up waaaaaay later than I should have one night just waiting for your post on the last episode. :lol

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Heh, I still remember your Toradora impressions. I think I stayed up waaaaaay later than I should have one night just waiting for your post on the last episode. :lol

Ha thanks! I remember you, and others, waiting for me. I also remember us doing the same to lavalamp who honestly had some great impressions and insights. Toradora! is probably one of the few shows I've watched from AnimeGAF recs so far (I've mostly been hitting my huge back log) but I'm so glad I did; that show got a 10/10 from me.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I was stuck between E, I, and D, but I ended up selecting G. I think it's because her look makes her look more mellow then the other designs, so she wouldn't be that typical annoying partner.

Voted H because that design reminds me of Hajime from Gatchaman Crowds.

Defuser

E and F are the only good choices to pick.

Gatchman Crowds ep 12 final
Terrible terrible conclusion with questions unanswered, too many things got cut off to get to the ending quick making like half the of the gatchman cast non-existent at all, disappointing. OD's gatchman design and power is wasted within 1 min considering his design is the most badass out of the cast.

Jex was right when he pointed out this reeks similar to [C] in the first episode.

Rewatch Digimon Adventure 02: 39

Aww baby
Imperialdramon and his super speed! Lets get ready to travel the world to get the other kids and destroy towers!

Shergal

Valvrave
Compared to MJP, I feel like the stakes and plot are a bit more...sensible but this show is ridiculous without the sense of self-awareness that MJP has. It's just (unaware) stupid mecha fun.

I think it's pretty clear that Valvrave is completely self-aware and doesn't try to play its hand seriously in any way.

It's just deadpan about it.

cnet128

Banned
13 is basically a fanservice episode taking place a week before 12 that is the actual conclusion.

A week before Episode 12? I don't think that makes sense, considering
Yura's part of the club
. Since there's no mention of
Sonora leaving
, it can't really be set after Episode 12 either. As far as I can see, the only place it could really slot in the timeline is in between Episodes 6 and 7 (after all the various character introductions and stuff, but before DRAMA fully sets in). But honestly I think it's more likely that it's not intended to fit in with the rest of the series canon at all.

(There was a "one week earlier" slide immediately after the opening credits of this episode, which is presumably where the confusion is coming from, but I'm pretty sure that was referring the fact that the episode was flashing back to one week before the in medias res segment that preceded the OP, not to any relation to the rest of the series canon.)

Anyway, yeah...

Stella C3-bu 13 END

As expected, a thoroughly antics-filled omake-type episode. It was entertaining enough, but nothing particularly special. Yura didn't get much opportunity to be awesome, and Sonora didn't fight at all, so there wasn't much hope of amazing battle action, but since the episode was very much focused on the gags, it made sense to take the focus off those two for once.

Best part of the episode was probably Rin showing off her most dangerous weapon of all: a
rather swoon-worthy "timid schoolgirl" act
=p Sorry, Honoka, I was not impressed by your
megane removal
. Or your :chet, for that matter. Yachiyo's little
magical girl act
was quite entertaining, though xp

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I think it's pretty clear that Valvrave is completely self-aware and doesn't try to play its hand seriously in any way.

It's just deadpan about it.

Maybe. Even so, I like it better when it's self aware and is actively nudging you in the side the whole time. It's more playful and obvious.

Vecks

Girls und Panzer 1-9

I avoided this one for a while because it didn't make sense to me. And now that I'm watching it, it makes even less sense than I had imagined. I was initially worried that it'd just focus mostly on the high school aspect with lots of filler, but that wasn't the case. It may only be twelve episodes, but it's paced rather well and has a lot more action than I thought it would.

Rewatch Digimon Adventure 02: 40

All over in America and Hong Kong, we play round up hooo to gather international Digimon.

There was also a lot of english, and "chinese".

Next time, no fucking english subtitles on Netflix.

Rewatch Digimon Adventure 02: 41

I literally watched the Australia half without subs because it was being wonky.

Anyway, more helping around the world, and Takeru and Tai kissed a French girl on the cheek. Greetings, swag, something.

CorvoSol

Victory Gundam 28

So much bullshit in this episode. Like seriously, let me count the ways.

-Junko Jenko, babe extraordinaire is dead. I should really just quit the series because now Oliver has #YOKO written clear across his head.
-Did I mention Junko is dead? Who cares because now Oliver and Marbet are getting married and making babies in a concentration camp.
-Uso acting like the most insanely jealous baby. It made me laugh, but only because Uso continues to be the biggest loser among UC Gundam protagonists imaginable. He's only saved from being the biggest loser in Victory by the fact that Cronicle Asher exists and is the worst Char Aznable this series has ever produced, Bushido and Zeheart included.
-Did I mention yet that, of all the Spacer Empires, the Zanscare has got to be the least most intelligent? Seriously they have to run on a combination of nepotism and stupidity alone. How else does CRONICLE ASHER GET PROMOTED.
-FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK KATEJINA SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH.
-No never mind the Federation is going to defeat the Zanscare and here is why:

Remember how I hate Mobile Armors because they're expensive, stupid, gimmicky mini bosses that without fail lose in their first encounters with a Gundam? So the Zanscare are like the Zeon in that regard, except the Zeon knew how to build fucking Mobile Suits. The Zaku and the Gouf were motherfuckers who would take your mother on a charming date, comfort her after your dad had died, and then fuck the gravity out of her.

Not so with Zanscare MSes. These fucking people. THESE FUCKING PEOPLE. It isn't enough you built MOTORCYCLE MSes, you built GIANT WHEEL MSes THAT ROTATE THEIR WHEELS TO DRIVE IN SPACE. I don't even want to THINK about how much money went into developing a wheel that could drive a ship through space. It's just insane. These people are backward in a way that the Moon Moon would never be. They're FUCKING INSANE.

-A random ass truck with no named driver that is discarded immediately thereafter in a place where no one should be driving DURING AN AIR RAID trips Uso up. I've seen some ham fisted plot devices BUT CUT ME A FUCKING BREAK, TOMINO. Even Uso can't believe that bullshit.

This is the 28th episode of V. Do you know what went down in the 28th episode of ZZ? Haman Khan witnessed first hand the sheer terror and rage Judau could pull out as he beat the shit out of her subordinates, and humiliated the Earth Federation. Puru
tried to kill Leina so she could have Judau to herself.
That shit was REAL.

What happens in episode 28 of V Gundam? Uso acts like a baby while Marbet gets married and then suddenly Katejina is there and an ace pilot FUCK YOU LOUISE HALLEVY YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT.

I know I said I'd give Victory a fair shake, so in the interest of being fare, the music and the combat remain quite nice. But the writing cannot hide behind that at all. Especially not when the otherwise okay fight gets interrupted by a truck of plot advancement.

Man, how does Junko die and fucking Shakti and Karlman are still alive?

Midonin

Hyperdimension Neptunia
You Ready For This? Program Execution

My favorite show of the season.

Considering past "favorite shows of the season" have been Nyarko W and the duo of Senran Kagura and Vividred Operation, my favorite thing in anime is these kinds of series. The thrill of action sequences combined with cute daily life antics, and none quite pulled it off like this series.

I've never played any of the games, but I knew the characters were popular, and was excited to get to know them. That it was an original story (even if it took bits and pieces from all the games and made a mostly coherent story out of the highlights) worked in its favor. Freeing itself from being a strict adaptation worked in this case. A lot of my favorite game to anime series have done that. Koihime Musou and Milky Holmes are all the better for it.

I may not be a super heavy gamer compared to some on this site, but I've played a few in my day. I was wondering how deep the references would go, and compared to say, Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de, they're a lot less and a lot broader. There are a few specific ones, such as Lowee being an old country or Vert's Kinect-like thing, not to mention the Super Mario World in Lowee, but to my surprise, a lot of the humor came from the characters' personality rather than a barrage of video game references. It endeared me to them more.

The transformation sequences and action couldn't match Symphogear, but they were still as nice as they needed to be. The transformation sequences are quick but sweet, similar to the game while adding a little more flashiness. Though I wish that "set up" voice had been kept in. Rider Belt like voices make anything cooler.

The show also did a good job at keeping some things hidden. I wasn't expecting Plutia or Peashy to show up, or the Sisters to have their hero forms. It would be odd to leave them out, sure, but the show didn't mention them anywhere, meaning I was surprised when they first appeared.

I'm sure jokes have already been made about Vert being "Xbox huge" and "Touching is good" said about Rom and Ram... but has anyone say that? Would anyone want to say that? I did quite love the characters. Plutia is both the most and least Hanazawa-like character I've seen. Iris Heart is... wow, that really speaks to my inner M. Yellow Heart was another nice chance for Aoi Yuki to use her Hibiki voice. Everyone did a great job, though Blanc is my favorite. A personification of the Wii voiced by my favorite Kana Asumi, my favorite Nyarko. Love without even having to do anything. I've been a Nintendo owner for years and I'm not going to stop now... though I don't have a Wii U yet.

A lot of the humor was tongue in cheek, too. The beach episode probably has the longest title of anything this season (and against that one episode of Genei and most of Danganronpa, that's saying something.), and I like how it was turned into a plot point. The light grass stand out - a fine example of censorship being more explicit than actual nudity. I also loved how the show remixed and poked fun at itself for its episode previews.

Symphogear did almost all of this, so what makes this show stand out? Episode 10. Maybe it was the way it was shot. Maybe it was the choice of music. (I found out later that "Ito" was a cover song. But man, is it a beautiful song.)
Peashy's departure
actually made me tear up, and this is one of the last shows I expected to do that. Lots of other emotions came, but that closing sequence, of the dolls floating in midair set to that wistful song.... bravo, producers. Bravo. Encore. Giving a "my favorite" title to something that made me cry may be the easy route... but I was going to like it anyway, that's just a nice bonus.

I also have to give major props to the translation team at Funi's site. They were working based off NISA's translation style, names and all, and it led to some of the most vibrant character writing I've seen from anything this season. Lots of colloquialisms, and ones that made sense, too. Their site still needs a lot of work, but this was fine.

The opening and ending keeping the same artists from the game is a good choice. I love "Dimension tripper!!!", though I understand it may be an acquired taste. The ED is also pretty catchy. Though I wish the OP's animation had been properly completed before episode 10, but eh, schedules, what can you do about them? Now I really want those character songs.

My favorite genres are heartwarming daily life and cute battling girls. I stand by both of these, and will say it again. I love Neptunia.

Final Thoughts: A perfect blend of everything I'm looking for in anime, and bringing out some real feels takes it straight to the top. Something I was always excited to tune in for.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gatchamanz end
Trying to get through some stuff I haven't watched in a couple of weeks. Seeing some of the posts about the ending made me wonder if it was going to be a mess, but I dunno... for me, it makes perfect sense:

C4M9dUll.png

The whole theme of the show was built around the idea that individuals coming together to form a collective goal is greater than any notion of "heroes" saving the day. Even Hajime, for all her genki spirit, pushed that notion by revealing her identity in the first place... so where the Galax and Crowds things ended up going made perfect sense to me.

Anyhow, the show was a bit wacky and uneven at times, but I still think Hajime is one of my favourite characters in a while. It's almost like a SatoJun girl character (Akari or Fu), but put into a shounen context... and as much as I never thought such a combo would work, based on the many girl shounen shows that have happened in recent years, somehow her eternal genki optimism won me over.
Hopefully someone else can make a girl lead that can live up to Hajime in the near future.

Articalys

Stella C3-Bu 12

Well, that was alright for a finale,
minus the extra delusion they had to throw in there
. Too bad the rest of the series couldn't have been like that; it was a fun enough show early on when it didn't get mired down in the drama and supernatural garbage.

Not going to bother with ep 13.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 40

Due to previous agreement, I am spoiler tagging this whole post.

When people were hyping up this episode and talking about how emotional it was, I was honestly prepared for the worst. Mainly, for somebody to die. And then I heard it was about Pop. And then I got really scared.

Instead this episode turned out to be one of the sweetest, most heartwarming things I have ever seen. This was a full on glance into the Harukaze family, and even though it seems a bit hectic and weird at times, this episode shows just how much they all love each other. I mean, the sacrifices that Doremi's parents make. First her mother sells the piano, crying as they hauled it away, so Doremi wouldn't feel intimidated by it and her mom's dreams, and so she wouldn't have to be reminded of the concert. And then her dad...I never would have expected him to do something like that, to sacrifice something so precious to him as a fisherman, and to do it with so little hesitation. But it was for Pop.

And that scene at the end, with Doremi and Pop playing together...so perfect. The greatest moment the Harukaze family has yet seen.

Best episode of this whole series so far.

Ojamajo Doremi # 40

Due to previous agreement, I am spoiler tagging this whole post.

When people were hyping up this episode and talking about how emotional it was, I was honestly prepared for the worst. Mainly, for somebody to die. And then I heard it was about Pop. And then I got really scared.

Instead this episode turned out to be one of the sweetest, most heartwarming things I have ever seen. This was a full on glance into the Harukaze family, and even though it seems a bit hectic and weird at times, this episode shows just how much they all love each other. I mean, the sacrifices that Doremi's parents make. First her mother sells the piano, crying as they hauled it away, so Doremi wouldn't feel intimidated by it and her mom's dreams, and so she wouldn't have to be reminded of the concert. And then her dad...I never would have expected him to do something like that, to sacrifice something so precious to him as a fisherman, and to do it with so little hesitation. But it was for Pop.

And that scene at the end, with Doremi and Pop playing together...so perfect. The greatest moment the Harukaze family has yet seen.

Best episode of this whole series so far.

Yeeeep.

Would it be appropriate to say that this episode was more... "effective" to me than video games have ever been?

santeesioux

Ha thanks! I remember you, and others, waiting for me. I also remember us doing the same to lavalamp who honestly had some great impressions and insights. Toradora! is probably one of the few shows I've watched from AnimeGAF recs so far (I've mostly been hitting my huge back log) but I'm so glad I did; that show got a 10/10 from me.

Kirbyguy recommended Toradora! to me, i'll be forever grateful to him for that.

Isn't that Golden Time show that's coming up by the same author? I'm moderately hyped for that show due to that, and CR better pick it up.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora 3 (rewatch)

Three episodes in, and Taiga has said "urusai" 8 times. I should keep a running count of how many times she says it through the whole series.

Also

Hahaha, I love this part.

Kirbyguy recommended Toradora! to me, i'll be forever grateful to him for that.

Isn't that Golden Time show that's coming up by the same author? I'm moderately hyped for that show due to that, and CR better pick it up.

Yep, same author. I'm pretty hyped for the same reason. Also the main female character looks basically like a college-age Taiga, so there's that too.

Gatchaman Crowds 12 Fin

While this may not be the action packed ending people were expecting... this wasn't really the action packed show anyone was expecting. This show took a big risk and I feel it honestly paid off. It's different but if you can accept the show for what it is it's truly a great ride. 4/5 due to the final episode being good but not great and the middle of the show being a bit slow.

cajunator

Banned
Toradora 2 (rewatch)

Oh god, I'd forgotten how adorable Taiga is when she's flustered. :lol

<3

Shes always adorable. I dont think she knows how to be anything other.

Kino's Journey - 12

Sweet Merciful Crap!

I knew something would be screwed up in this episode from the title alone. A "Peaceful" Land? What, are people gonna be super strict on Law-Enforcement and start arresting people if they so much as pick up a penny off the ground?

NOPE.

Holy shit at that massacre scene! The music, the visuals, the everything! The juxtaposition of happy victorious music alongside the slaughter of innocents! That has got to be one of the darkest things I've ever seen in anime. And they even make me feel even worse by having the museum guide be the one who had that idea because of her lost family. And wouldn't you know it, It only got even worse when I find that the victims seek revenge on those weaker than their opponents! I knew this show was gonna hit me hard, but damn.

Alright. One more episode to go. "A Kind Land." Ugh.

Go ahead Kino's Journey. Show children whipping each other at a playground under the watchful eyes of their parents with guns in this "Kind Land."
I'm not even gonna be shocked anymore.

This episode like so many others, was pretty shocking and thought provoking. Emphasis on provoking. Sooooooo fucked up.
grand finale awaits!

Saint Seiya Omega 72

As a Subaru Fan...this episode was amazing and just what Ive been looking for all season.
Finally a competent powerup to make him way more awesome than he already is, and his whole scene transforming was his best one yet. So glad the plot did this and am looking forward to what more can be coming. Animes on the rise.

Rewatch Digimon Adventure 02 42

Ken has a new fangirl. Sora and Yolei never got their Russian foods. Kids being kidnapped in Tokyo.

These international episodes have been pretty boring. Oh well, time for Corps.

CorvoSol

Majestic Prince 22

You know, this show's come a long way for me. I'm really glad I decided to give it a second chance, and that's probably the one good thing to come out of Attack on Titan. This episode I found myself laughing at jokes, reacting to the fight, and even caring a bit about the cast as I enjoyed their interactions. So I would say it has either come far, or I've just been watching so much TERRIBLE anime that to see something that's at least okay has had an effect like this on me. Either way, I still have two episodes to go, so let's see how it plays out.

It will never be as bad as Ass on Titan, though.

Unless it becomes like Astral Ocean. FUCK THAT SHOW.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Silver Spoon 10-11
gcKGqTHl.jpg

XRyIA9Ml.jpg

Other than the obvious references to the whole circle of life thing, beginning episode 10 with the whole pregnancy rumour was a nice way to also bring attention to the theme that the show was tasked with grappling with.

For the most part, I enjoyed the season. I still think the high school pining is just a bit too much, especially when they make it so clear that horse girl and city boy are in "like" with each other but neither will say anything (well, and they are such a boring pairing anyway), but the rest of the story - both as a way to "educate" city folk and the actual (and admittedly cliche) story of a city boy learning how to live in the country - works really well.

It's just too bad that the only way to make money in Japan with funny books is to set it in high school, as so many of these stories would be better if they were just about adults and adult concerns. Or, if not better, than at least more nuanced or different... especially with the romance. :p

It'll be interesting to see if they pick a new theme to anchor the second cour. I expect it'll focus more on the whole idea of a life goal/future or something to that respect, since it's been building with all the characters throughout this season.

Nafe

It's some jpop song over a montage of various scenes from the show. Typical anime OP.

Ah, that kind of thing. Yeah, I prefer the other then.

I want to say it was Gunbuster that dealt with the fact that riding up to light speed also mean they'd have to dial back down in the mid point in order to actually stop at their destination, but I could be wrong.

Ah, sorry, I meant more at sub-light speeds. You might have a ship is "cruising" and they have to cut the engines or they go out because of being hit or a malfunction or something and the ship just stops. They'd still have their forward momentum. Some shows do seem to recognize this and they have forward thrusters on the ship that seem to halt their inertia. It's just that I don't recall really ever seeing it very often.

I'd almost want to watch a Japanese version of Korra because the English dub is just so campy and borders on terrible whenever someone tries to act like they're in a 30s Speakeasy. lol

I haven't seen any of Korra but I've seen most of the first Avatar and I don't recall that one really having any bad voice acting. I guess I'll see for myself whenever I get around to watching it one day.

R2yWQ5j.png

Never forget.
#teamwinning

That pose. Hawt! Haha.

Are you talking about 1313?

Rewatch Digimon Adventure 02: 43

Revelations that Ken recieved herpes in the neck that might be related to his transformation.

Speaking of which, FIGHTER MODE BABY! Too bad Ken gets kidnapped.

cnet128

Banned
Gatchaman Crowds 12 END

Yep, that was an unconventional finale all right. It seemed a little too abrupt, if I'm honest, and I kind of feel like the series would probably have benefited from stretching this finale out into two episodes for a total of 13, so as to give
OD's confrontation with Berg Katze
a little more screentime and preferably include
some kind of climactic verbal showdown between Katze and Hajime

But at the same time, the way
the whole crisis suddenly turned around and fixed itself almost of its own accord, thanks to Galax helping everyone to work together in harmony
seems very in line with this series' message and theme. It seemed very fitting that
though Katze was "defeated" in battle, that in itself didn't really seem to hinder him too much; what really left him powerless was the public simply not listening to him any more because they were all too united in trust and cooperation to be easily turned against each other.
Defying expectations has been this show's modus operandi from the beginning, so perhaps it's for the best that its finale refused to feel much like a climax in the conventional sense.

At any rate, it's certainly been an enjoyable ride that this show has taken us on over the past few months, and I'd definitely rate this as one of the most unique and memorable shows of the season. All dat positivity. All dat stripy hair. All dat Hajime.

GATCHA!

jediyoshi

Girls und Panzer 1-9

I avoided this one for a while because it didn't make sense to me. And now that I'm watching it, it makes even less sense than I had imagined. I was initially worried that it'd just focus mostly on the high school aspect with lots of filler, but that wasn't the case. It may only be twelve episodes, but it's paced rather well and has a lot more action than I thought it would.

GuP is basically Suspension of Disbelief: The Show.

Love Lab is over :(

The real crime is no more sassy hungry teacher.
Was really expecting one more appearance by her.

santeesioux

Attack on Titan 1-2

The big naked giants
eating people
are entertaining. Not much else to say because i watched them really late last night when i was half asleep.

Articalys

I believe it is this:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-07/shima-kosaku-manga-lead-hosts-asia-economy-tv-show
The title salaryman character of the Shima K&#333;saku manga franchise is the "navigator" host of Shima K&#333;saku no Asia Risshiden (K&#333;saku Shima's Asia Success Story), a new television program premiering on the NHK BS1 channel in May. Actor Toshiaki Karasawa (live-action 20th Century Boys films, live-action Casshern film) is voicing the character.

The show focuses on strategies for making Asia's economy grow. It combines live-action doumentary footage and anime sequences, making this the first full-fledged anime version of Shima. (Anime parody shorts inspired by the various Shima K&#333;saku manga series had previously aired in the Yuruani? program.)

A prologue Shima K&#333;saku no Asia Risshiden episode ran on March 28 with footage of original Shima K&#333;saku manga creator Kenshi Hirokane collecting data in Indonesia. In addition, Hirokane will serialize a manga adaptation of the show every other month in Kodansha's Morning magazine, beginning with this year's 23rd issue on May 9.

Since 1983, Hirokane has been depicting the corporate rise of a Japanese executive named K&#333;saku Shima. With every change in job title the main character receives, the manga title also changes. The manga began under the name Kach&#333; Shima K&#333;saku (Section Chief K&#333;saku Shima), and the two current series are Shach&#333; Shima K&#333;saku (President K&#333;saku Shima) in Morning magazine and a prequel called Kakarich&#333; Shima K&#333;saku in Morning's sibling publication, Evening. Kodansha published two bilingual volumes of Shach&#333; Shima K&#333;saku in 2010.
Here's an episode guide for the show in English from NHK World:

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/tv/special/index130921.html

Branduil

Ah, well that's too bad. I have to agree with the comments that by looking at that video it seemed more like a Battlefront type game as compared to what the X-Wing/TIE fighter games were like. I still wonder when we'll hear more of the new battlefront game announced at E3.

I could also imagine that panda saying this.

Yeah it looks more like Rogue Squadron/Battlefront, but still...

Anyway there's another thread on gaming side about Lucasarts and apparently George Lucas micromanaged them into the ground, LOL.

Phi Brain 44

I really have a hard time following Freecell's motives, it was revenge
but that was all a lie
, he was working with Orpheus Order
but I think he just betrayed them by making his fake ring a real one and ditching them
, and now he wants to do puzzle time with Kaito so
Kaito can have a chance to save him

Not sure how this will all wrap up in 5 episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom