• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafe

The real crime is no more sassy hungry teacher.
Was really expecting one more appearance by her.

Yeah, we need a second season.

Yeah it looks more like Rogue Squadron/Battlefront, but still...

Anyway there's another thread on gaming side about Lucasarts and apparently George Lucas micromanaged them into the ground, LOL.

I could go for another Rogue Squadron. Those were fun games and pretty much one of the only ones I could think of that actually used the internal clock to change the time of day for some levels. The director commentary type unlockable was kind of cool too.

I wonder how you'd modernize the TIE/X-Wing type games...
It will be interesting to see what comes of all this mess. The idea of wanting to release all these movies every year sounds worrisome too.

Articalys

Finally, a way to make GTA V relevant to this thread: the official trailer for GTA Online, narrated in Japanese.

Or, as you folk would probably write it if you were posting impressions of it in this thread, グランド・セフト・オート:オンライン.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UXt8joiMUY

My roommate just tapped me on the shoulder and said "Next week, you and I are going to the anime club!"

MLbPhSZ.gif

I miss my old one.

Syrinx

Love Lab 13

So I quite enjoyed this show and I hope we get more, though I'm not sure of the likelihood of that. But whatevs. I'm not sure that lie Riko had going was really worth the buildup of the entire series, but I guess it had ballooned into something bigger.
There was also the part where, as Sayo said, she was worrying too much about it and that really wasn't the reason they wanted her there to begin with.

Kinda wish the boys played more of a role since they were sort of the reason the whole thing started to begin with. Developing them and their relationships with Riko and Maki is just one reason to give us another season.

Phi Brain 45

What a troll ending by Freecell

It's truly sad how the rest of the cast has been reduced to Cheer Leading on the side lines so far away their in the bleachers watching brain waves on a laptop.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
What is the LN ending?

This is what Seraphis Posted when I finished Toradora:

Seraphis Cain said:
Basically, the only difference is that Taiga doesn't leave Ryuji for OVER A YEAR like in the anime. Instead she's only gone for about three months, then she comes back and graduates with Ryuji and the rest of the class. I really wish the anime used that ending. Having Taiga be gone for over a year just hurt my heart. I felt so bad for Ryuji. ;_;

Also PSP ending-thing (spoilers probably): http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8897/ryuujitaigahappyending.jpg

Noirulus

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures - 09

=---*(

Really wasn't expecting the show to follow up with the death of JoJo after he kicked Dio's ass in the previous episode ;___;

The Jojo+Erina moments were very sweet :(

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures - 09

=---*(

Really wasn't expecting the show to follow up with the death of JoJo after he kicked Dio's ass in the previous episode ;___;

The Jojo+Erina moments were very sweet :(

Time for the good part now. Not that the first wasn't but Battle Tendency <333

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Wow... what a season...

I just watched the last episodes of Stella, Love Labs, and Danganronpa. Love Lab's last episode was the most entertaining of these three by a country mile and it was somewhat mediocre. The other two were simply terrible. Stella was done a disservice by not ending at episode 12; 13 really didn't need to exist and was, even for fan service, simply lame (there's a word that takes me back). Danganronpa makes me wish I listened to my judgment when I felt this was a cheese-ball series from episode one but it seemed weird enough that I was willing to ignore the poor writing, idiotic naming and laughable mysteries in hopes of some big payoff. The only thing left in despair was the audience, me.

Other interesting standouts:
- I didn't even realize I was watching the last episode of Majestic Prince last week. Interestingly enough, the best shows to follow this season didn't even start this season but pretty much carried it.

No wonder I went back to manga.... something was just lacking about this season. Feel's like it never happened.

OK... I enjoyed Watamote and Kirino Mosaic but the terrible was so terrible that I almost forgot the good... also something something Uchouten Kazoku was great too :3

Phi Brain 46

First Melancholy shit all over Mizerka, then Kaito and Ana tag teamed an awesome puzzle

Do I need to say more? Easily the best episode of this season

I would make all the Melancholy gifs, but I promised myself I'd stop that until I finish the season.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, sorry, I meant more at sub-light speeds. You might have a ship is "cruising" and they have to cut the engines or they go out because of being hit or a malfunction or something and the ship just stops. They'd still have their forward momentum. Some shows do seem to recognize this and they have forward thrusters on the ship that seem to halt their inertia. It's just that I don't recall really ever seeing it very often.
I think only in Star Trek have I actually seen a captain want the ship to stop in place though, for what that's worth. lol
Also, mechs don't seem to follow any of these rules!

I haven't seen any of Korra but I've seen most of the first Avatar and I don't recall that one really having any bad voice acting. I guess I'll see for myself whenever I get around to watching it one day.
I don't know if it's the acting itself or the voice direction. It just gets tedious after a while.

That pose. Hawt! Haha.
Always!

duckroll

Okay I had to take over the Fall OT because of an emergency. Don't have much time to finish it up, too much GTA5 to play. I've already made some banners for some of the shows, and I'm still going to have to do editing and formatting for the OT and add stuff which isn't in it yet. Would appreciate help with some image banners for shows I don't care that much about or can't find good images of:

Meganebu
Pupa
Non Non Biyori
Golden Time
Log Horizon
Yowamushi Pedal
Kuroko's Basketball S2
Ace of Diamond

Arpeggio
Blazblue
Nagi no Asukara

The format is 800x300 (wide, not tall), and none of the banners so far have any text in them, so if possible I'll like to keep it that way. No logos or text in the images. Feel free to make funny/troll stuff if you feel inspired. Don't put TOO much effort into it, they're just image banners for a OT no one is going to read!

Don't post the images in the thread, just PM me the banner if you feel like doing any of them at all. In 24 hours or so I'll see what I have and pick the ones I want to use. Thanks a lot!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dual! Parallel Troubles 2

It's like Tenchi Muyo meets Evangelion 3.0 (with better CG!) meets Chrono Cross!
While followups certainly tarnished the brand, it's definitely worth revisiting the original 13 ep OVA run of Tenchi Muyou.

Subbed, though. That dub cast was bad.

wonzo

Banned
Okay I had to take over the Fall OT because of an emergency. Don't have much time to finish it up, too much GTA5 to play. I've already made some banners for some of the shows, and I'm still going to have to do editing and formatting for the OT and add stuff which isn't in it yet. Would appreciate help with some image banners for shows I don't care that much about or can't find good images of:

Meganebu
Pupa
Non Non Biyori
Golden Time
Log Horizon
Yowamushi Pedal
Kuroko's Basketball S2
Ace of Diamond
Arpeggio
Blazblue
Nagi no Asukara

The format is 800x300 (wide, not tall), and none of the banners so far have any text in them, so if possible I'll like to keep it that way. No logos or text in the images. Feel free to make funny/troll stuff if you feel inspired. Don't put TOO much effort into it, they're just image banners for a OT no one is going to read!

Don't post the images in the thread, just PM me the banner if you feel like doing any of them at all. In 24 hours or so I'll see what I have and pick the ones I want to use. Thanks a lot!
sent you one for pupa

firehawk12

Subete no aware
KKK 9-10
r1kkbtal.jpg

Random plugs for other anime.

bmvTQCRl.png

Random trope references.

UuVw449l.jpg

z21kNftl.jpg

Random FGC references.

Yet, still funnier than The Big Bang Theory!

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 41

That blue-haired guy is such a doofus. That long cane for yanking losers off the stage was made for that guy.

Anyway, very funny episode. Hana appearing on screens all over the TV station (the weathermap was the best) and the way they dealt with Oyajide were the highlights.

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties 01

It's like they stopped pretending in trying to give reasons why Hayate comes across all the girls and decided to stick them in one apartment building like a good old fashioned harem series.

I guess with each episode being character focused, my enjoyment will be dependent on how much I like the character. That said, Hayate and his misfortune is always fun.

fertygo

Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan - 02 (rewatch)

This why I watching anime, those striking color.. man I just love anime that showing vibrant color like this.
Hold up, Duckroll, Blazblue is getting the anime treatment? When did this happen?!

Its probably not gonna any good tho..

Rewatch Digimon Adventure 02: 44

Yolei and Iori kill their first Digimon. Meanwhile, our big bad seems to be talking about spores and shit being injected into necks because people are creepy. He was even at a funeral maaan!

MikeMyers

Rewatch Digimon Adventure 02: 25

You know what, at the rate things are going, I'm going to miss this track.

So....
Dark Towers can now be used to become Digimon from Hair. lol.

Yolei Ken pairing is starting again, she now understands him, and wants his D, but not as a poplar person.

I love Break Up too! The main reason why 02 is my favourite season.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Meganebu
Pupa
Non Non Biyori
Golden Time
Log Horizon
Yowamushi Pedal
Kuroko's Basketball S2
Ace of Diamond
Arpeggio
Blazblue
Nagi no Asukara

PM'd

Rewatch Digimon Adventure 02: 45

Barcodes!

Also... You know what. I noticed this earlier, but didn't comment on it because I didn't take it seriously, but Demon? DEMON!? THAT'S HIS ACTUAL NAME!? DEMON! I THOUGHT DIGMON WAS BAD, BUT HE SURE TAKES THE CAKE! DEMON!

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMOOOOOOOOON

Oh well, Ken is no longer a hydrophobic at least. BL and all that is strong in adolescence. So thus, Ken tells them of everything that happened to him after his bro's death. Don't think the others have yet. They might as well do it now.
They have seeds in a bunch of little kids for gods sake.

NEXT TIME! The match up I've been waiting for!

cnet128

Banned

Meganebu
Pupa
Non Non Biyori
Golden Time
Log Horizon
Yowamushi Pedal
Kuroko's Basketball S2
Ace of Diamond
Arpeggio
Blazblue
Nagi no Asukara

Sent you one for everything you asked for except Pupa.

...Yes, I ended up overlapping with FelixOrion. So sue me. >.<

CorvoSol

While followups certainly tarnished the brand, it's definitely worth revisiting the original 13 ep OVA run of Tenchi Muyou.

Subbed, though. That dub cast was bad.

You know, it has been YEARS since I saw Tenchi Muyo, and I saw the horrible, butchered, skeletal remains that aired on Toonami back in the day, at that. I really ought to sit down and watch it some day. Like I owe it to myself or something.

Probably be the day I sit down to figure out who was actually a girl and who was actually a lesbian in Sailor Moon, because I have only ever seen the butchered version of THAT.

I'll probably still watch the butchered version of Dragon Ball Z, though, 'cuz that is so much better than ever taking it serious. Narmy DBZ is best DBZ.

Just like I could never watch Pokemon in Japanese, 'cuz like, seriously that'd be so weird.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You know, it has been YEARS since I saw Tenchi Muyo, and I saw the horrible, butchered, skeletal remains that aired on Toonami back in the day, at that. I really ought to sit down and watch it some day. Like I owe it to myself or something.

Probably be the day I sit down to figure out who was actually a girl and who was actually a lesbian in Sailor Moon, because I have only ever seen the butchered version of THAT.
While both are worth it, one is certainly easier to finish than the other.

You could also watch the show that provides the model for Tenchi-Ryouko-Aeka, but that's another 200 ep plunge.

Rewatch Digimon Adventure 02: 46

Arechnemon, Mummymon, and BlackWarGreymon where part of the Oikawa's DNA, and that dude got pissed because BWGmon called him an alien.

Everyone is so open about their Digimon at this point, but they can't help it.

Meanwhile, Imperialdramon is an asshole and got involved with the WarGreymon fight, but hey, BWGmon finally understands life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom