• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Attack on Titan 22

i4CzsJDqgblIS.jpg

Dang, the writers of the anime really dislike
Levi's squad members. All these anime-original scenes to twist the knife of their deaths even further.

This episode had a lot of anime-original "filler," but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Levi actually has more characterization than he had in the manga, LOL.

Am I a terrible person if I think the outfit is SO BAD it loops upon itself and becomes "good" :p

For what it's worth, I'm assuming the show is in on the joke or so ridiculous overall you can't even notice it :p (Like say Cutie Honey or Gurren Lagann)

I feel the same way ..it's so over the top it's good.
i honnestly can't wait
to see cosplay of this next year ...

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 43

It's your fault that Beryl's getting energy Usagi, not the princess. Stop being so angry yo!

Rei and Minako are having a falling out because Minako's too attached to the past, but Rei wants to stray from it.

But god damn, Usagi actually STABBED something, hahaha!

yami4ct

Welp, that Kill la Kill outfit is in fact god awful. Such pandering BS. Oh well, sure it won't look near as bad in animation. Just hope it doesn't get used too much. It will look better in animation *believe*.

As for people hating on Sawano, I don't care. I still love the guy's work. His Gundam Unicorn score is probably my favorite part of the show. The main Unicorn theme is so good.

Mature

Welp, that Kill la Kill outfit is in fact god awful. Such pandering BS. Oh well, sure it won't look near as bad in animation. Just hope it doesn't get used too much. It will look better in animation *believe*.
This is about where I stand. The outfit is unappealing to me, but it's not a deal breaker.

yami4ct

This is about where I stand. The outfit is unappealing to me, but it's not a deal breaker.

Just about every anime I watch has one aspect like that outfit I hate. Sure, it's a more extreme example, but hopefully it's just a small part of a largely awesome show. It's a sad fact, but you get used to it after a while.

Attack on Titan Episode 22 – The Defeated - 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls (6)

Well that felt like a really pointless episode and a waste of time. I dont think it was really necessary to drag out these feelings that weve already experience lots of times in the past 21 episodes for an entire episode itself.
we'd already seen Levi battle emotions with the death of his squad people last episode if I recall, Dieter and the other guy didnt really seem to be important figures anyway. Maybe the Petra scene was alright just for showing people back home and what not. But thats it. Eren scenes, and at least Jean and Armin's as usual were also great. Additionally why is the reveal taking so long to come to pass. I wanted at least more action before this anime winds down not some other town hall discussion to close out an action anime :(

Syrinx

Heaven's Lost Property 5

That was the best credits sequence ever, with Ikaros' deep sea adventures. How is her watermelon still good?

Mikako is the best so far.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 44

To the end, Zoicite had a fabulous life
saving Usagi once he realized what's important. Kunzite removed his curse. Nephrite still being Motoki's bitch.

Minako had a stick up her ass to the point that Rei left everyone. Naru was a fucking corpse

Also the day/night cycle is completely fucked in this show.

Theonik

Birth
ibceq87w3fZRFt.png

Kinda reminded me of a French cartoon at times
Another day, another 80s OVA from the backlog. I first came across this thanks to Nafe reviewing it but since I actually got to see it now here it is. (admittedly it was because of the character design of the female MC but can' you blame me?)
Let's start with the story, it's a pretty typical, affair, cute girl rides the desert in her hoverbike, some sword comes down from space telling the people who discover it of the universe's impeding doom unless they stop it blah blah blah. Really not much to say there, it's serviceable but doesn't really strike you as something of note. It also feels like it drags a bit running at about 80 minutes, while it feels that the content should only be about 50 minutes tops.
Moving past that the OVA was actually pretty great visually and featured some very interesting visual gags . The attention to detail at parts was insane. In this shot
pay attention at the skeletons on the sofa. Notice the position then look more carefully underneath and you'll notice another skeleton. Now the context of the scene is that the characters are in some city that was nuked and destroyed in an instant, therefore based on these skeletons we can assume the 2 skeletons were having sex until they had their life end quite abruptly.
This is also my second complaint about it. Seemed to be unsure if it wanted to be serious at times and not, though it leaned very heavily on the later. Honestly though the parts I felt were more unique were at the former. Nevertheless I felt that some of the lighthearted humour actually worked. The ones that didn't work for me at all were mostly some of really weird fanservicey way they treated the MC. Not that I hate fanservice usually butt it just felt out of place here.
Speaking of nice animation earlier this OVA is mostly known for featuring animation by Kaneda himself, which is a nice thing to look out for when/if you watch it.
The ending also came out of fucking nowhere and is so bizarre that perhaps its worth the watch on its merit alone. Will not spoil what it is.
Overall I'd give it a sakuga/10? Give it a shot if you just want to stare at pretty things.
Edit: I also forgot that it featured :DTL outta nowhere too.

Shergal

I don't see the problem. Sawano is loud and bombastic, Imaishi is loud and bombastic; they seem like a perfect match.
Imaishi is manic and self-aware, Sawano's music... does other stuff.

I don't think he'll compose something completely at odds with the show though, they seem to know what they're doing (yes, even in spite of that ugly outfit).

Birth
Overall I'd give it a sakuga/10? Give it a shot if you just want to stare at pretty things.
Favourite scene? Mine has to be the conversation at the ship in the beginning, shit's crazy.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 45

Minako, stick's still in your ass. Remove it!

You got Makoto killed dammit! All because you can't transform! She tried to destroy something Meteria possessed, the thing that has been putting people into diabetic comas! And she DIED ALONE, it's like... HEY we like Makoto, oh no, lets just make sure we don't actually like her, so lets kill her first!

Meanwhile Nephrite is actually trying to get something for Ami for the lousy food.

Defuser

Any news on Samurai flamenco? Sorta saw some half page of otomedia scans (iirc), but I sorta have been out of the loop recently.

Meanwhile, Tsuritama gets nothing.

FFFFFF

Looks good.

On other hand, this does not.

68VWOiE.jpg

Ugh.
Looks like a rejected design from Gurren Lagann.

Monogatari second season - 10

This was even better than i anticipated.

I cannot stress this enough as a avid Visual novel player , always make saves before the important points... You 'd never know when you could take a bad route...

Any real picture of this episode will be huge spoilers so i won't put one.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 46

Some of these guys have flimsy resolves but
Makoto ain't dead, and her spiel is what made Minako realize she was dumb. Seeing kids at Rei's Temple let her make her decision for the operation, which is close to zero percent.

Makoto realizes how she feels about Motoki, and Venus has fully awakened. They finally kill the Youma that has been putting people into a diabetic coma, and everyone was saved.

Yaaay happy end.... (but we have 3 acts left)

Defuser

Monogatari season 2 ep 10

So how did Araragi and Shinobu managed to get 4 swords?

How does Oshino knows everything even if he never met those 3 in that route?
It's details like these that gets me nitpicky about it just like what I did for the index movie.

cnet128

Banned
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi 10

Ahhhh, here we go. After the oddly brief and simple events of the prison academy arc, and the little sidetrack last episode which was mainly about Scar's character development, we're finally into the final big arc that it feels like we've been leading up to. Finally we're starting to get some answers about Alis and Dee's characters...or rather, finally we're starting to find out what the questions are.

It's nice to be in a brand new setting with its own unsettling atmosphere and unusual issues to unravel. Feels like Ortus all over again. Go go Ai, you can get to the bottom of what's going on here! I just hope the answers you uncover aren't too unpleasant...

Monogatari season 2 ep 10

So how did Araragi and Shinobu managed to get 4 swords?

How does Oshino knows everything even if he never met those 3 in that route?
It's details like these that gets me nitpicky about it just like what I did for the index movie.

waouh that's spoiler lol

First question ( said in the episode ).
They made fakes , not as good as the original but still powerfull
AT 10m53 they wrote Replicas
There is so many information to give to the reader that you need to pay attention to ALL the explanations given , even if it's less than 1 second on screen... that's just how this anime works.

Second question
What 3 ? , he met hachikuji IRL in that route , the only difference stated last episode is that araragi didn't find shinobu BECAUSE he didn't met hachikuji the odity ( because she was the one who gave her the hint to find shinobu ) Aside from that he met everyone else . In the route X araragi was killed by the CAT because shinobu was never there .... Everything else before that point still happenned.
Oshino understood that something unexpected happenned. he even say it in the episode ... in that route he met with hachikuji and understood that the mysterious highschooler was araragi ..it's not surprising or impossible since she isn't supposed to be there meaning that there was probably something off that he took care or not..
When araragi died , he made a gamble because he knew araragi personality. He didn't need to meet our main characters , the condition for hachikuji to give the letter was that araragi & young shinobu to be together..he even state in his letter that he doesn't know what kind of araragi will read the letter since he provide the info that he ended in that route with senjougahara meaning that another outcome is entirely possible....

Thus you can conclude that he was making a gamble, based on a hunch and the possibility that it could have happenned. After all he knew at the time he wrote the letter that his araragi was dead already.

You can use the various details in the show to reach the right conclusions

Ps:
Oshino knows stuff because he is oshino ...
for more information , you'll need to wait for more episodes to know

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 47

What did we learn about this? Real life isn't like Gurren Lagann
Having near zero percent chance really means it. In a way, Rei's advice drove Minako to an early grave.

She even left a letter... with a vision of what they wanted to happen... versus the bitterness of reality that Minako is in fact, dead from her disease and operation. She didn't long enough to be herself... but at least she was to the very end.

Jesus. Jesus.

cnet128

Banned
Kin'iro Mosaic 10

Shinoooooooooo...

Why did you write "pablik" for 1.(1) and 1.(3) when "public" is actually the answer to 1.(2)?!

And the sentence to translate in question 2.(3) says that Yoko is going to go shopping with Aya, why did you not even include Aya's name in your answer?!

*weeps for Shino's future*

Kin'iro Mosaic 10

Shinoooooooooo...

Why did you write "pablik" for 1.(1) and 1.(3) when "public" is actually the answer to 1.(2)?!

And the sentence to translate in question 2.(3) says that Yoko is going to go shopping with Aya, why did you not even include Aya's name in your answer?!

Why would "pablik" be the answer for two different (?) questions in the same section? Get it together, Shino.

Kin'iro Mosaic 10

Shinoooooooooo...

Nice to see that i'm not the only one doing tat in anime show ..i did something similar for an episode in the last season of minami-ke .

Test & homework in anime are always funny to read.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 47

What did we learn about this? Real life isn't like Gurren Lagann
Having near zero percent chance really means it. In a way, Rei's advice drove Minako to an early grave.

She even left a letter... with a vision of what they wanted to happen... versus the bitterness of reality that Minako is in fact, dead from her disease and operation. She didn't long enough to be herself... but at least she was to the very end.

Jesus. Jesus.
It happened the day before. Rei is absolved.

sonicmj1

Kin'iro Mosaic 10

Shinoooooooooo...

I like you, (because) You are kind to me.
Are You ready (to) go out.
Tom lived in the country (since) she was a child.

Get it together, sensei!

It happened the day before. Rei is absolved.

She was kinda pushing for it though.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 48

Ah it's okay, everything's fine, clearly! We can have fun despite what happened last episode!

And then Jadiete fails at killing Mamoru, but Kunzite instead because he finally acknowledged Mamoru.

YOU THINK THAT'S BAD? Mamoru gets taken over by Metaria, and kills that bitch Mio. Sweet poetic justice. The other Senshi go to where Queen Beryl was but she gave them the grave news instead.

They attempt to fight Metaru but pretty much fail in the process. Greived by everything happened, Usagi was forced to stab Mamoru.

It's almost tiiiime

Monogatari Series Second Season - 10

I'd already seen the picture of adult Hachikuji, but damn, she looks even better animated.

Also nice to see Oshino back, if only via a letter.

The final battle was kind of anticlimactic, but then again, there's no way Araragi and Shinobu could've defeated Kisshot normally.

The ending was charming, though.

cnet128

Banned
I like you, (because) You are kind to me.
Are You ready (to) go out.
Tom lived in the country (since) she was a child.

Get it together, sensei!

Don't worry, I'm sure Alice pointedly corrected those on her copy of the test.

Aya probably noticed them too, but didn't have the nerve to say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom