• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Kinmoza! 10

kinmoza10.jpg

Moral of the story: never get between an obsessive cultural fetishist and their object of desire, also don't name your pet after said Cultural Fetishist as you'll end up looking just as creepy as she is.

karen still the best

Syrinx

Heaven's Lost Property 6

Maybe if Sohara wants to be more romantically involved with the guy, she should stop smacking the shit out of him so much. Not that he doesn't sometimes deserve it. Or she should just find herself a better man.

This Nymph girl has an attitude.

I laughed at Ikaros making a grave for the watermelon. It was a little sad, but come on. A grave for a watermelon!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Monogatari 10
nUuZTdOl.jpg

Save the cheerleader, save the world. Remember when Heroes was a thing?

But yeah, this is where not seeing Kizumonogatari kind of fucks you over since it's still not really clear how Hachiguchi being alive caused the string of events that lead to the downfall of mankind. I guess it'll make sense in 2016 or whenever Shaft decides to make the movie.

Funny enough, since this arc was a bit of a return to the original "mode" of the series, I am a bit disappointed that it wasn't as talky as previous arcs. Then again, I suppose Shinobu and Ararararararagi don't have a trolly relationship, so they don't really have a reason to verbally screw with each other.

Yaoishiken 10
TaTdiggl.jpg

Well, crossdressing yaoicest is certainly a new one. lol
I really wonder if Genshiken TNG has managed to alienate any old fans of the original or if male otaku are able to identify with fujyoshi and BL obsessions. I suppose the fact that an anime exists means it sells well, but maybe to a new audience instead of the old one?

Silver Spoon 9
GAXoUPJ.jpg

Does this count as lampshading? Please get this inevitable romance over with or have him hook up with Tama instead.

Westlo

Fuck shaft.

Is this confirmed or still a rumour? Gatchaman Crowds is enjoyable but if Iwasaki chose/was given that show over Kill la Kill I consider that a considerable waste. Crowds has an AWESOME OST but Gurren Lagann's was god tier and I'd want it replicated here. Attack on Titan has more mistimed music than actively bad. How were Blue Exorsits and Guilty Crown, I never watched those shows so I don't know what their music was like.

Blue Exorcist OST 1 was fantastic, the second OST was full of leftover crap that didn't make the first though and was horrible, but that doesn't take away how good the first OST was. It music from the first ost was used tremendously well throughout the series, it's like the exact opposite of Attack on titan were mostly bad stuff is used horribly for the most part.

Blue Exorcist and Gundam Unicorn are his peak, his stuff before was alright and his stuff after has been getting progressively worst since Guilty Crown. But yeah if you want to see the best of Sawano you need to check his Unicorn stuff. Unicorn, RX-0, On Your Mark, U.C 0096.... at least his stupid pop/rock vocal tracks haven't invaded his Unicorn score... or have they lol?

I've just stumbled upon Seitokai Yakuindomo.

It's interesting...

Keep going with it, it's good stuff.

It even has a good Omigawa vocal role which is a miracle in itself.

Monogatari 10
nUuZTdOl.jpg

Save the cheerleader, save the world. Remember when Heroes was a thing?

But yeah, this is where not seeing Kizumonogatari kind of fucks you over since it's still not really clear how Hachiguchi being alive caused the string of events that lead to the downfall of mankind. I guess it'll make sense in 2016 or whenever Shaft decides to make the movie.

They explained that last week.
Why hachikuji alive lead to this ?
Araragi never met her, at all ... Araragi didn't met the oddity ..as a result :
-Araragi never found shinobu when he was looking for her ...because achikuji was the one who gave her the hint to find her..
-Araragi was killed by another oddity ( The white cat that is more or less part of Hanekawa ) since in the last episode of the first season it was shinobu that stopped that cat by bitting her
-Since araragi died, shinobu retrived her powers and pursued her goal when she went away that was to die and kill everything..
-No one was able to stop her since she is very powerfull and she was focused on dying
-Result : World overrun by zombies with a few survivors here and there.

There is nothing more to explain , it's a simple butterfly effect.

I understand that it's hard to understand why
a full powered shinobu can do that
since you haven't seen/read Kizu but all the clues & info were being provided in the last 2 episodes.

Hunter x hunter - 95

Another excellent episode

Hunter%20X%20Hunter%20-%2095.jpg

The music during this scene was really well-done.

The nailed perfectly the 2 key scenes they had to do right ... the final "test" was also spot-on ...

Also there was a huge amount of Palm yandere cameos in this episode ... not that i mind....

T - 10 days... the most awesome countdown in shonen in the last decade finally started.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They explained that last week.
Why hachikuji alive lead to this ?
Araragi never met her, at all ... Araragi didn't met the oddity ..as a result :
-Araragi never found shinobu when he was looking for her ...because achikuji was the one who gave her the hint to find her..
-Araragi was killed by another oddity ( The white cat that is more or less part of Hanekawa ) since in the last episode of the first season it was shinobu that stopped that cat by bitting her
-Since araragi died, shinobu retrived her powers and pursued her goal when she went away that was to die and kill everything..
-No one was able to stop her since she is very powerfull and she was focused on dying
-Result : World overrun by zombies with a few survivors here and there.

There is nothing more to explain , it's a simple butterfly effect.

I understand that it's hard to understand why
a full powered shinobu can do that
since you haven't seen/read Kizu but all the clues & info were being provided in the last 2 episodes.
Hrm, doing the Wikipedia blow through, I guess you're right. I assumed that she was always around during the first Hanekawa arc.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon FINAL ACT

You know, I was going to make a joke.... but then it actually happened.

That being everyone dies. THEY DIDN'T STOP HER, SHE ACTUALLY KILLED EVERYONE, Nephrite never did anything for Ami, he died like a bitch, Serenity is one big baby, I mean really. KILLING EVERYONE OVER ONE PERSON! EVERYONE! EVERY SINGLE PERSON DIED!

Of course before that, at least the last remaining senshis fought with newly acquired weapons. Unfortunately Serenity's personal guard of FABULOUS dancers were too much. And then everyone DIED

Well Usagi and Mamoru were alive, and then they died to bring everyone back.

And so they go their seperate ways, Naru is the new Usagi, and things kept going... but then they remembered Usagi was a thing. Which was enough for Serenity to go, hey you weren't a manchild like me, go live your life, and Mamoru's guard said Go live for us, we'll aid you Like never, but we love ya. And then everyone is back and happy end.

I still find it fucked up that it was like "OH WE'LL GIVE YOU A HAPPY END! WE NEED TO KILL EVERYONE FIRST TO DO IT.

That went many places. Jesus christ. Jesus Christ!

Gonna post my thoughts later.

yami4ct

Blue Exorcist OST 1 was fantastic, the second OST was full of leftover crap that didn't make the first though and was horrible, but that doesn't take away how good the first OST was. It music from the first ost was used tremendously well throughout the series, it's like the exact opposite of Attack on titan were mostly bad stuff is used horribly for the most part.

Blue Exorcist and Gundam Unicorn are his peak, his stuff before was alright and his stuff after has been getting progressively worst since Guilty Crown. But yeah if you want to see the best of Sawano you need to check his Unicorn stuff. Unicorn, RX-0, On Your Mark, U.C 0096.... at least his stupid pop/rock vocal tracks haven't invaded his Unicorn score... or have they lol?

[Unicorn] is one of my favorite pieces of anime music in recent memory. It's such an amazing track and captures the feeling of the UC era of Gundam so well. I have faith that that Sawano is still in there somewhere. I really hope he is.

cajunator

Banned
Ryuuko and Mako confirmed girlfriends, this will be Re: Cutey Honey of Neon Genesis Gurrentena.

I like where this is going..

I don't think anybody is going that far in this thread. Sawano is a bigger issue than this design.

---
ibx4nYhHLWe4ob.jpg

So I was looking at this and I understand the suspenders are supposed to be fangs, but why is there a crotchgap in the skirt? That undermines the mouth motif.

I like the crotchgap. Its nice.

slight break from ff14.

kiniro mosaic 10

this really is ayayayaya blushing, the anime eh? okie!

buni.jpg

pyun pyun.

I've never had a rabbit before though, what sounds do they even make?

cajunator

Banned
Will you still like it when it starts talking with Seki Toshihiko's voice?

(I'm now imagining Ryuuko wearing Doctor Irie from Higurashi and I really shouldn't think about things like that.)

Yes I will still like it. Its a very interesting outfit

Heaven's Lost Property 6

Maybe if Sohara wants to be more romantically involved with the guy, she should stop smacking the shit out of him so much. Not that he doesn't sometimes deserve it. Or she should just find herself a better man.

This Nymph girl has an attitude.

I laughed at Ikaros making a grave for the watermelon. It was a little sad, but come on. A grave for a watermelon!

Thats why I like her so much heehee

Upotte!! 4

Elle suffered when we pretty much called her a piece of shit for the past two episodes. Then 16 called her a piece of shit, FRACTURES! AAAAAA Gun Dramas

And there's a tournament where 16 is flying solo because she was a stylish butt.

cajunator

Banned
Yaoishiken 10
TaTdiggl.jpg

I really wonder if Genshiken TNG has managed to alienate any old fans of the original or if male otaku are able to identify with fujyoshi and BL obsessions. I suppose the fact that an anime exists means it sells well, but maybe to a new audience instead of the old one?

Im enjoying new Genshiken. Its still hilarious and Hato is such a unique character. The way he plays off the others is endlessly entertaining. Plus Ohno wears a Bayonetta costume. HOLY SHIT.

Yes, she is.

CorvoSol

There was an anime booth at the State Fair today. Guess which booth I avoided like the plague!?

The Gun Rights one.

sleepykyo

Upotte is a must watch for all Americans for the moral is teaches at the end. It will leave you clapping at the end.

Guns don't kill people, it's the people who use the guns that kill people.
Also don't forget to tip.

In the most ridiculous possible way.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Any news on Samurai flamenco? Sorta saw some half page of otomedia scans (iirc), but I sorta have been out of the loop recently.

Meanwhile, Tsuritama gets nothing.

FFFFFF

Looks good.

On other hand, this does not.

68VWOiE.jpg

Ugh.

the suit has it's own facial expressions

Qxlw9F2.gif

I really feel that if they had cut out the last few minutes it would have been a better ending in sone respects.

Also, Queen Beryl clearly made the line of the show in that ep.

I would agree, but I guess they went, WELL we went balls against the walls, might as well get some paint or else people would be upset.

Could've felt like a prelude or some sorts where a different adaptation was what perceded this. Nah that would be dumb

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I would agree, but I guess they went, WELL we went balls against the walls, might as well get some paint or else people would be upset.
People just weren't ready, I guess. After all, a more recent show does something very similar without the step back.

Yaoishiken 10
TaTdiggl.jpg

It stars cute girls, that should be enough of a hint.

CorvoSol

Guns are awesome corvy-kun.

I don't have a problem with guns. People who take the time out of their lives to spend money to rent the space to distribute literature about my gun rights in bright red, white, and blue pamphlets are a little bit different. Bad enough there were FOUR different booths from FOUR different brands trying to sell those stupid platforms that jiggle your fat off.

What if the Anime booth was covered in RahXephon posters? :3

guns are baller hell yeah

They had Hatsune Miku, and some yaoi fanbait I couldn't identify. THEY HAD A LIFE SIZE KEYBLADE.

Turn A Gundam 37

This was a pretty good episode. Some really bad CG, but otherwise pretty good. Some hot Harry on Kihel going on, good music, Red Team trying to pretend they're not the comic relief, Loran basically paying no attention to anything, and Lily Borjano flying in space without showing anyone her panties and stockings under her lavish dress. I really enjoyed seeing the overgrown colony Dianna went to. Goofy and foolish as the Moon Moon plot was (and I mean, that stuff went NOWHERE. Like, I love ZZ Gundam, but I do NOT remember all that jazz amounting to ANYTHING in the show beyond Mondo getting laid.) I really enjoyed the setting a lot. Abandoned and overgrown space colonies just seems nifty. Also more of this Gyn Ghingham dude, whose name sounds eerily like Jin Gehennam. Also! Apparently I was wrong in my assessment of time passed between the end of UC and the beginning of CC. Gyn says his family has been an established, aristocratic member of the military since 2500 years ago. So a LONG time has passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom