• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Only insecure people are afraid of gay.
"Look at those girls obsessing over stuff, they're just like us!"
Well, I'll say, there are two shoujo mangas turned movies about fujyoshis getting boyfriends and how their boyfriends freak out about being put into gay pairings. lol

But really, I have to imagine there's a reason why Comiket separates the BL stuff and the "normal" stuff. Although maybe that's more for the protection of the women than the men? :p

cajunator

Banned
Well, I'll say, there are two shoujo mangas turned movies about fujyoshis getting boyfriends and how their boyfriends freak out about being put into gay pairings. lol

But really, I have to imagine there's a reason why Comiket separates the BL stuff and the "normal" stuff. Although maybe that's more for the protection of the women than the men? :p

Probably just separating interests.
or maybe otaku really are that insecure.
Who knows.

Pooya

I know there are people concerning about Kill La Kill uniform design but don't worry, once you recognize the secret reason for her exposure, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds.

Jex

[Monogatari S2 Ep 10 etc

The direction for this whole arc has felt a little flat, at best. I really don't think it helps that SHAFT hasn't animated Kizu considering we're missing a whole heck of context for the Araragi/Shinobu relationship that forms a core chunk of this entire arc. The previous arcs singular focus on Hanekawa, and having it told from her perspective, made for a far more interesting story despite the considerably lowered stakes.

Jex

[Silver Spoon]: 5 - 8

So this show seems to be rather consistently enjoyable. A-1 aren't exactly splashing out on the production values but it not as barebones as Space Brothers either.

Erigu

Monogatari season 2 ep 10
How does Oshino knows everything even if he never met those 3 in that route?
The letter is longer in the novel and explains how quite a few people apart from Hachikuji remembered the creepy high schooler and the blonde kid attached to him like a koala. Oshino was looking for all kinds of urban legends upon arriving in town, so he heard about that and eventually connected the dots.

Busaiku

Genshiken Nidaime 10
Well this is pretty much guaranteed to end in the middle of nowhere. Maybe the OVA will actually be something story related, but I wouldn't really expect much.

It's actually gonna end on a very good point.
Though I guess it's not as good if you're just watching the cartoon (since I believe it skipped a whole bunch of the comic).

Busaiku

Genshiken is not the type of series that really needs to "end".

The 1st series definitely had a sense of finality in it (not animated though).
If it stopped there, it would've been fine.

The place they're planning to end on also serves as a nice breakpoint as well (definitely not an ending in the same sense the 1st series could've completely finished on though).

Thoraxes

68VWOiE.jpg

This is fucking sweet.

Theonik

Kin'iro Mosaic 10

Shinoooooooooo...

Why did you write "pablik" for 1.(1) and 1.(3) when "public" is actually the answer to 1.(2)?!

And the sentence to translate in question 2.(3) says that Yoko is going to go shopping with Aya, why did you not even include Aya's name in your answer?!

*weeps for Shino's future*
Why would "pablik" be the answer for two different (?) questions in the same section? Get it together, Shino.
Both questions are ticked so she actually got it right!

I'm drunk.

No anime for me tonight.
Why, watching list anime while drunk is one of the finer pleasures in life.

Did we really just spend 3 pages talking about that outfit?
A much better topic than most shit this thread discusses.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So annoying she ranks not only number one in annoyance, but all ranks to everyone else's annoyance.

Thanks for supporting my claim, not that any of my claims need supporting since they are undeniable facts.

EDIT: Her annoyance factor even made my post be at the bottom of this page annoyingly.

BluWacky

Wolf's Rain 13

Now this was a straight-up road movie episode. Hubb and Quent make a great odd couple; they play off each other so well.

I really like how this show has portrayed Hubb and Cher's relationship. It's a mature, adult, complicated romantic relationship of the kind you rarely see in anime. I mean, they're divorced due to job pressures pulling them apart but now slowly reaching out towards getting back together. This is love not in the naive teenage puppy-love sense or the base physical lust sense, but in all the messy sorrows and joys of those who have lived with each other for a long time, know each other's flaws, but are still drawn to be together.

Hubb and Cher were my favourite characters in Wolf's Rain for exactly the reasons you describe. I actually found the wolves a little alienating and difficult to care about at times (especially Kiba and Hige); I suppose that's effective characterisation given that they aren't human, but it did make me "latch on" to Hubb, Cher and (to a lesser extent) Quent more.

Wolf's Rain 14
With the way things went, I have no idea where the show will go from here.
I thought Darcia would be the main villain, but his plans have been unceremoniously cut short.
I feel bad for the people watching this when it came out who had to sit through four weeks of recaps after this.

Don't remind me, those recaps were torture :(

Westlo

[Unicorn] is one of my favorite pieces of anime music in recent memory. It's such an amazing track and captures the feeling of the UC era of Gundam so well. I have faith that that Sawano is still in there somewhere. I really hope he is.

U.C into Unicorn was such a great 1-2 punch opening for the first Unicorn OST, even his vocal songs where a lot more restrained back in that 10/early 11 era. It's a pity what he turned into with Guilty Crown and everything after that. I've all but written him off, we'll see what happens with KLK. And yeah it's possible to turn it around, look at Iwasaki has turned the corner after a massive slump but like Kanno he was amazing from the get go whereas Sawano took a few years to hit that sorta level, and Iwasaki was at that level for a much longer time. I would have more faith in the guy who put out 10+ great osts for different anime compared to one who has done that with 2.

Jex

duckroll said:
As for the similarities to Tekkonkinkreet... both movies share the same art director (Shinji Kimura), and Studio 4C is credited in the Blue Exorcist movie under "background assistance". So that's not surprising! :)
Well now that makes a lot more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom