• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter X Hunter (2011) - Episodes 42-48

So I've seen a lot of HxH in the past few days and it's great. Kurapika's bits of story are amazing! There's fighting, blood, introductions to interesting characters, and some nice animation bits too. I still dislike Kurapika especially when they revealed
he put something in his heart to make his chains more powerful. When he was explaining his reason why he did this I just couldn't take it seriously, that is just really stupid to do for revenge.
At first I thought he was just like Sasuke with the whole revenge thing but this is beyond Sasuke bad, this is just a downright travesty.

Gon's story is boring, like put me to sleep boring. To summarize Gon's story I can do it with one symbol
$$$$$$$
. That's Gon's story in a nutshell I cannot go any further because there is nothing else to talk about.

Also wtf Gon! Did you really
sell your Hunter's card to get money!? You spent the first 20 episodes trying to get the freakin thing and you just sell it off like it's garbage, smh.
I think the author went a little too far with the gambling in this story, it's just too much. After those few things I can't wait to watch the rest, it's getting better each episode.

Free! Episode 10
tumblr_mt0010kI1c1ri1q9io1_500.gif

One of the best episodes around (young Rin and Haru gave good moments). Only minor issue was young Nagisa's rather annoying voice. Otherwise, Rin being already wholly and only focused on Haru from first sight to their fun times back then greatly enhanced all of their characters in this anime. Haru and Rin have got to find someway to work on things fast, wonder what either will come up with. End episode
epic showdown music between him and Rei
was amazing.

Hunter X Hunter (2011) - Episodes 42-48

So I've seen a lot of HxH in the past few days and it's great. Kurapika's bits of story are amazing! There's fighting, blood, introductions to interesting characters, and some nice animation bits too. I still dislike Kurapika especially when they revealed
he put something in his heart to make his chains more powerful. When he was explaining his reason why he did this I just couldn't take it seriously, that is just really stupid to do for revenge.
At first I thought he was just like Sasuke with the whole revenge thing but this is beyond Sasuke bad, this is just a downright travesty.

In most other instances I'd agree with you, but you may think it's justified after finding out what the spiders did to the Kurta. When you finish the arc, read the special chapters that Togashi recently put out. It's much worse than what happened to Sasuke imo.

Also, happy birthday people!

Theonik

Missile tits are a definite no-no. The Google Overlords are watching.
I was thinking more changing skin tones to look more robotic and adding joints ala Busou Shinki, but now that you mentioned tits and missiles Google is definitely watching for violent AND sexual content.
RIP

In most other instances I'd agree with you, but you may think it's justified after finding out what the spiders did to the Kurta. When you finish the arc, read the special chapters that Togashi recently put out. It's much worse than what happened to Sasuke imo.

I'll check it out once I'm done with this arc. Characters that are fueled by revenge I always tend to dislike. I can't even remember a character that was built on revenge and anger that I liked. Takasugi from Gintama comes to mind as decent, but he is a villain and has had such few appearances that I don't count him as truly great yet.

Stulaw

Being born in September's has its perks, it means interest UK at least you're one of the oldest in your school year, but it does mean having to start the year on, or close to your birthday.

I'm 23 on Saturday, and starting my final year of university a few days after.

Watched Hunter X Hunter 94 and 95 yesterday,
can't wait until the old man faces the king, and see Gon smash Neferpitou's face in. Wanted to see them animated since I read the manga, which reminds me that the animé should be close to ending soon since Togashi hasn't gone much beyond the election arc.

Edit, oh, and I've been watching Accel World recently, I'll post my thoughts about the series when I'm finished.

Kurita

School year starts in September, so everyone before it is the year above.

But that doesn't change the fact that I'll be with people that were born the same year as me (assuming they didn't repeat a year), no matter the month.
I'm confused!

EDIT : oh ok I get it now. It's weird.

Theonik

Strike Witches 2 01
A huge showcase of [REDACTED] at the start serves as a reminded you are actually watching Stike Witches. I kinda missed this show tbh. Anyway after what seems like a massively confusing fluke it seems that the peace established at the end of the first season is suddenly disrupted thus leading to the events of season 2. I was expecting they'd use a new threat for season 2 but that's not particularly bad either and honestly doesn't even matter. That opening scene is also pretty well drawn too.
Episode was also pretty rich in :SDBurton moments, though I imagine it will be even more so later on. Some :firehawk mixed with :SDBurton here too.
Poor AnimeGAF too. Will the fangs never stop?
An increase in the quality and quantity of [REDACTED]. Fans of [REDACTED] that liked Strike Witches will not be left disappointed. Overall this amounts in a most satisfactory amount of [REDACTED]

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I still don't get the fixation of fangs. In real life that would be one heck of a wonky tooth and no way would that look cute. Middle teeth being a bit big or having a slight gap can be cute because it's symmetrical. A wonky canine sticking out would just look off.

cnet128

Banned
Yeah, for me my late September birthday meant I was always the youngest person in my grade.

I was always one of the youngest because I'm end of July (UKer here). Go figure.

I still don't get the fixation of fangs. In real life that would be one heck of a wonky tooth and no way would that look cute. Middle teeth being a bit big or having a slight gap can be cute because it's symmetrical. A wonky canine sticking out would just look off.

What does real life have to do with anything? It's cute in anime, and that's what counts!

Don't mix 2D with 3D! Although I've never been a fang person myself, they go well with most genki girls.

You mean there's people who don't like Mitsudomoe? I've showed it to, like, 4 other people and they've all loved it.

Didn't like the characters.

I think people find it cute because its cat like.

I was always one of the youngest because I'm end of July (UKer here). Go figure.

At least where I lived (I don't know if everywhere in the US is the same), the end of September was the cutoff. So I was always one of the youngest, and my sister with an early October birthday was always one of the oldest in her grades. (This also meant that even though she was only three years younger than me, she was four grades beneath me)

It also meant that I spent my first month or so as a college student only being 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom