• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sys6jAU.png

Erigu

Uchoten Kazoku 2
Being that this plays with mythology/other a lot, I can't say I'm surprised of the existence of Kinkaku/Ginkaku, and Raijinn.
They might not be the Kinkaku / Ginkaku you're thinking of though... Their names are written "金閣" and "銀閣" ("golden pavilion" and "silver pavilion"), as in "Kinkaku-ji" and "Ginkaku-ji", not "金角" and "銀角" ("golden horn" and "silver horn") like the Journey to the West characters.

Jintor

Jesus christ Crunchyroll, I just want to watch anime at 720p, why are you fucking stuttering like a goddamn motherfucker? Got nothing downloading, everything else streams fine at 720, what the hell's wrong with you

Fantasista Doll - 06

Fantasista%20Doll%20-%2006_01.jpg

Such a good question ..Remember the answer of that one , kids !

So this episode showed us that friendship is MUCH BETTER than devotion .. oh and Katia x Miko is really a thing now ..this is trully friendhsip ( maybe more ? )

Fantasista%20Doll%20-%2006_02.jpg

I like well filled club-rooms

So i've learned that field cards also exist in FD universe ..when are you going to explain the rules ? thanks for the fight by the way ... it was forgettable but at least there was one.

CorvoSol

Turn X always seemed like Syd Mead finally getting to do what he wanted.

According to Gundam Wiki it was his favorite mobile suit design.

Victory Gundam 21

More pointless teenage antics during a fight. This is why I can't accept that the teens in ZZ behaved like generic anime types. To me, this is the epitome of generic anime type actions, with Uso being obsessed with Marbet/Junko/Oliver's love triangle, Odelo pitching a bitch fit because he can't be near his crush as Warren obsesses over the crush that is aboard. Judau was about one thing and one thing only: imouto. Dude was gonna protect the FUCK out of all the imoutos of the universe, and he didn't have time to worry about Beecha and Mondo being subpar characters. The worst of this I can remember is that the team had a hard time accepting someone as incredibawesome as Roux at first, and Elle spent some time jealous of her, with Beecha spending time thinking Judau was still the center of Elle's affections. But the team was sort of balanced out by the presence of people like Tores and Fa, who'd seen some shit.

Uso and Cronicle haven't seen some shit, they've just BEEN shit.

Which brings me to my biggest gripes of this episode. A fucking SPACE SHIP EXPLODES AND BLOWS OTHER SPACE SHIPS AND MOBILE SUITS TO PIECES. Now, I know nukes are a big deal but surely a chain reaction of multiple battleships and mobile suits exploding nigh simultaneously has got to be a big explosion, right?

Cronicle is like ten feet from the first ship when it explodes and he's totally fine. Could've died then and there, but NOOOOOOO. Nevermind this guy ALWAYS has a new MS and its always a new color. Some Char clone he's turning out to be here. I mean, why was he sortieing so late? Because he'd just finished fucking his prisoner again? What the hell's the deal with his creepy relationship with Katejina, anyway?

And here's the real kicker. Katejina. Let's ignore that what she is doing has no fucking motive or logic right now. Let's ignore that if she really was a spy and not just Cronicle's Terran booty-call like she seems to be, she'd think twice about what she did in this episode. Let's ignore the fact that for the five millionth time she's abandoned Shakti to take care of a baby and a dog and a little girl without so much as a good bye.

Katejina rushes into a fucking fire-fight in space. We're talking men with guns on the hulls and in the halls of space-ships firing future laser bullets at each other. We're talking giant robots with laser shields, swords, and guns and missiles and shields that bounce these things at one another fighting in space in a terrible, bloody struggle for dominance of the solar empire. We're talking space ships firing massive rounds of charged particle energy beams capable of punching holes in colony walls like a bullet through wet tissue paper. All of these things are EXPLODING THE FUCK UP right now. There is hellfire and bullet hail everywhere and in every direction because there's no such thing as up and down in space so people are firing like mad in every direction right this minute.

Katejina, who isn't a trained anything but a professional bitch, flies out in a hover scooter and doesn't get hit by any of it. And this isn't even a small hover board, either.

Why must the bad characters live on?

Jintor

Kids on the Slope 09

And so we continue our full-on slide into melodrama. Ritsuko continues to be unable to spit it out. Kaoru continues not to be able to take a hint. Fang-tan shakes his ass in a band with a bunch of nerds. At least Sentaro follows his nature and tries his best to figure out what's going on, and then resolves his goddamned problems. Caring about Yurika and Junichi continues to be difficult given their periphery status to the series prior to this arc.

That cat is adorable.

Fuck yo, jazz is awesome. Every time I get increasingly bored with the show's manufactured drama, some rotoscoped Jazz playing draws me back in.

cajunator

Banned
Fantasista Doll - 06

So this episode showed us that friendship is MUCH BETTER than devotion .. oh and Katia x Miko is really a thing now ..this is trully friendhsip ( maybe more ? )

So i've learned that field cards also exist in FD universe ..when are you going to explain the rules ? thanks for the fight by the way ... it was forgettable but at least there was one.

Are...they wearing bodypaint or is it just bad art?

Tenumi

Banned
Yes! Pretty Cure 5: 09

I've seen some "quality" moments in Precure series before, but this season is absolutely just taking the cake. Doesn't mean the season is bad, just that.... well, it could've looked better, at least.

Are...they wearing bodypaint or is it just bad art?

That's their "naked" state , without any equipement ( clothes/armor or weapon ) ..if they are summonned with clothes they can take them off ( to take a bath for example ) and they look like regular humans then.

It's like a very slim body white swimsuit like thing they have ...it's part of the show and intentionnal

----------
Fantasista Doll - 07
Fantasista%20Doll%20-%2007_01.jpg

Hum that's stalking , right ?
A team attack !! First team attack ... But before that .... TRAINING EPISODE !

Training was silly but "ok"

I like how the managed to pull off the new attack
only to lose to the unexpected 2nd opponent right after .

Fantasista%20Doll%20-%2007_02.jpg

No! Don't use internet , pickking off stratégies and tips on the internet for card games is not the right way .. ( spoken from experience )

I'm intrested in the new opponent this will lead to plenty of good things in the future i assume... Can we get an explanation of WHY uzume card are the target ? Why should uzume grow ?It's good to have secrets for the viewers but a basic amount of knowledge would be great.

I've seen some "quality" moments in Precure series before, but this season is absolutely just taking the cake. Doesn't mean the season is bad, just that.... well, it could've looked better, at least.

It'll only get worse.

That reminds me, CNET, I know Zel said something about how Yes 5!'s movie has more influence than you think, but both yes 5 series have... quite a lot of influence on the franchise for better or for worse (GoGo seems to be for the worst). One of the influences for GoGo being that they have movie spoilers in the OP, which is pretty much Toei saying "It's okay to watch the movies now" (especially since a good deal of them aren't too great, so it's best to get it out of the way).

cnet128

Banned

You think that's QUALITY? You ain't seen nothing yet.

That's their "naked" state , without any equipement ( clothes/armor or weapon ) ..if they are summonned with clothes they can take them off ( to take a bath for example ) and they look like regular humans then.

It's like a very slim body white swimsuit like thing they have ...it's part of the show and intentionnal

Basically, MAGICAL UNDERWEAR! (But it's not pantsu so it's not embarrassing =p)

Symphogear G 11

Mmmm, sogood seeing
Shirabe joining forces with the good guys at last
. And it's fun seeing
Kris hanging out with the bad guys, even though it's clear she's not being entirely honest when she claims she's betrayed her friends

At any rate, I think I can see the basics of where this show is heading at this point.
Hibiki's Symphogear was vaporised, which both saved her life and left her without a Gungnir to fight with...but there's still a second Gungnir out there, and she's heading straight for it! Meanwhile Nastasia claims that "Maria's song" is necessary for her plan to stop the moon falling, which I'm going to guess means a Zesshou. Oh noes, self-sacrifice! I foresee Hibiki using her Super Handholding Powers to wield Maria's Gungnir together with her, so that Maria can save the world with her Zesshou without dying in the process.

Also in this episode, we see
Shirabe encouraging Hibiki with the exact same words that Fine said to her in the last series. I can't imagine that this is a coincidence, which means that either it's actually Shirabe who's inheriting Fine's soul, or else Fine is somehow possessing both Shirabe and Kirika, which would fit in nicely with how much of an inseparable duo those two are (and possibly provide some kind of loophole that prevents either of their personalities being overwritten...?)

cajunator

Banned

----------
Fantasista Doll - 07

A team attack !! First team attack ... But before that .... TRAINING EPISODE !

Training was silly but "ok"

I like how the managed to pull off the new attack
only to lose to the unexpected 2nd opponent right after .

I'm intrested in the new opponent this will lead to plenty of good things in the future i assume... Can we get an explanation of WHY uzume card are the target ? Why should uzume grow ?It's good to have secrets for the viewers but a basic amount of knowledge would be great.

Well you got my interest.

Syrinx

Jesus christ Crunchyroll, I just want to watch anime at 720p, why are you fucking stuttering like a goddamn motherfucker? Got nothing downloading, everything else streams fine at 720, what the hell's wrong with you

It's kinda been doing that to me too. It won't be a problem in the first I watch, but if I watch another 720p episode soon after another, it turns into a real bitch.

Majestic Prince 23

All those awkward comedy episodes that everyone quit the series on were all designed to save budget for this truly fantastic finale. It has been 2 episodes of non stop massive scale mech battling that truly isn't to be missed. Remember those first few minutes of Gargantia? This craps all over that opening.

I can't think of many series that depicted this final battle with everything at stake better, seriously if you gave up on this show come back you're missing out.

cajunator

Banned
It's kinda been doing that to me too. It won't be a problem in the first I watch, but if I watch another 720p episode soon after another, it turns into a real bitch.

It works fine for me. I dont watch a whole lot at once though. It also works well at my friends place when we marathon stuff so...who knows

Anyone having problems with Crunchy Roll try watching it on a console instead of your laptop. I know for me sometimes it gets fussy and lags even on SD on my laptop with really good download speeds but works smoothly on my PS3 1080p without any hiccups.

cajunator

Banned
Anyone having problems with Crunchy Roll try watching it on a console instead of your laptop. I know for me sometimes it gets fussy and lags even on SD on my laptop with really good download speeds but works smoothly on my PS3 1080p without any hiccups.

That is how I usually watch it. On Ps3.
it works really well.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
So...there's a cosplay club starting up a my university...after seeing their flyer, i'm not sure if I should check it out or not.

Syrinx

Monogatari S2 3

Lol at Senjougahara's conversation with Karen. Oh how easy it is for her to manipulate a devout sense of justice.

Are Black Hanekawa and Shinobu friends now? And oh damn, the cram school...the hell's that tiger up to?

Jintor

The anime club here is insufferable if that means anything.

Guy on the facebook wall of my club tossed out a casual 'and the war between artificial singer and real singer fags going to happen' the other day.

Called him on it politely.

'how u gonna say some retard fans who annoy other fans then?'

yeah

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Legend of The Galactic Heroes Episode 4: Right, after taking some time off to get the wretchedness of Episode 3 out of my mind, I return and see that this program has transformed into a song of galaxies and heroes as we get insight into the main imperials, the hotshot ace Reinhard and his confidant and lover, Sigfried, I don't care what anybody says, these two have clearly hooked up at some point. Indeed we are seeing him playing the game of thrones and we can also spot trouble down the road as the older nobility want him to pay the iron price. This was a really good and insightful episode as we see our heroes backstory and honestly I like Reinhard more because Yang Wen-li is a bit of a wenus.

Hattori

Banned
Yami Shibai
Episode 10

don't know why I still watch this show every week, it just keeps getting weaker and weaker every episode. this one, however, made me laugh.
:lol poop monster xD only in japan

But what if it wasn't google friendly.
it is ..otherwise it wouldn't be a flyer for a cosplay club but for something else
>_>

We have a tradition (don't know how common it is) of taping flyers to the ground. If I can get a good shot and can blur out names/emails/etc, I will.

Basically though: rainbow font, covered in chibi naruto characters to start.

rainbow font ? chibi naruto ?

Well...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Here lately the PS3 app has been awful for me. Lags really bad after a period of time and crashes.

Phi Brain

Phi-Brain-0093-325x183.jpg

That's a boy? D:

Please don't tell me Nonoha is secretly a boy as well or I'll rage quit this series so hard

The episode itself was actually heart warming, I really enjoyed Ana's character... I felt the show could use an overly quirky female character... the last thing we needed was another quirky male running around

zeroshiki

A morning show in Japan posed a question "What do foreigners think are the best anime in a post-Miyazaki world?" ***They asked foreigners***

The results are hilarious.

11. Naruto
10. Evangelion
9. Stein's;Gate
8. Code Geass
7. Kuroko no Basketball
6. Pokemon
5. Death Note
4. 5 cm/s
3. Gundam
2. One Piece
1. Attack on Titan

Oh my sides hurt.

Branduil

A morning show in Japan posed a question "What do foreigners think are the best anime in a post-Miyazaki world?"

The results are hilarious.

11. Naruto
10. Evangelion
9. Stein's;Gate
8. Code Geass
7. Kuroko no Basketball
6. Pokemon
5. Death Note
4. 5 cm/s
3. Gundam
2. One Piece
1. Attack on Titan

Oh my sides hurt.

I'm confused, is this question asked to foreigners, or is it what Japanese think foreigners think?

cajunator

Banned
So...there's a cosplay club starting up a my university...after seeing their flyer, i'm not sure if I should check it out or not.

Sure. Why not? Have fun with it. Thats why its there.

The anime club here is insufferable if that means anything.

Ours was amazingly awesome. Mostly old school fans so we watched lots of classic stuff. We also went to certain members houses and watched stuff aside from club activities. I miss those days.

The Japanese have a really low opinion of us.

Kuroko is the only choice that baffles me though. Is there really any substantial overseas fanbase for that show?

And yet they probably aren't far off from the truth.

Also thanks for the birthday wishes and happy birthday to everyone else who has it September!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom