• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uchoten Kazoku 2

sRaHXdo.jpg
FfTPhFT.jpg

Guess we get to see more of the Tanuki family, along with some "family rivalry" or something. Being that this plays with mythology/other a lot, I can't say I'm surprised of the existence of Kinkaku/Ginkaku, and Raijinn.

Bowl cuts are assholes, I'm not sure why their mother wanted to be Prince, but she has faith in her useless kids
one of them bit someone in the balls at least.

Happy Birthday to everyone, apparently.

I guess we all have September birthdays here. The other 11 months are clearly inferior.
It makes sense considering what is 9 months prior.

Anyway, I have been watching Nichijou. I'll post my full impressions once I finish (I'm currently on episode 10) but its very funny son far

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I think we can all agree that the worst fanged character is that one guy in Kids on the Slope.
As a character that guy was pretty awful. For the fangs themselves I don't know if anyone has more fangs than Rin in Free!. The inside of his mouth looks like a scraggy cliff face.

cajunator

Banned
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 1

Way too high level or something. Just couldnt get into it at all (though there was a KoiChoco reference in that chocolate stuff). Bewbie missiles, nekkid chocolate licking, and bath scene...too much.

Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they? Episode 1 and 2
tumblr_mt0jooT7FR1qbxqfpo1_500.png

New school year, new anime club watches. Pretty fun anime at times and kind of funny two with the character personalities and all being overpowered. Wish episode 2's focus was on actually good characters but still entertaining at the end of the day. Izayoi is one of animes best characters though and instantly love at first sight even. Quite hilarious, entertaining, witty, and has a great personality. Though I wonder what his past must be like if he is truly that bored (and probably friendless it seemed). I think I will enjoy it if it stays on the games and does a bit less on that super serious plot...ED dancing is amazing.

mondaiji was really fun. Izayoi is a boss. too bad the show is so short. Also Kurousagi is a goddess.

Well the plot needed a more capable partner than elsie and aqua was the closest character possible... Given what aqua went throught in the manga i'm pretty sure It was impossible for elsie.
Again this isn't obvious in the anime because they cut Aqua big moments and those events are at the basis of the next arc plot ( after this one ) but they don't care for this anime season i guess.

Haqua is indeed more popular

In the end , it's 60% plot , 40% popularity

Aww. I liked elsie better. I shall miss her antics.

Lewd pictures and cute pictures are the soul of AnimeGAF.

Can do without the lewd but please keep the cute :(

cajunator

Banned
A disgrace compared to the Yunocchi eye mask.

But everything is :(

I still don't get the fixation of fangs. In real life that would be one heck of a wonky tooth and no way would that look cute. Middle teeth being a bit big or having a slight gap can be cute because it's symmetrical. A wonky canine sticking out would just look off.

But its adorable in 2D where it matters!
Its playful and catlike so I loves it.

fang girls = best girls!

Hmm. This is true more often than not!

cnet128

Banned
Eh, I think she'd still look better without them. And occasionally she gets the double-fang, which goes straight into the vampiric territory.

You implying vampires aren't cute? I know one Oshino Shinobu who could make a highly convincing argument against that notion!

Danganronpa 11

Dammit, another episode that didn't suck! Looks like this series might do a half-decent job of adapting the endgame, at least.

FluxWaveZ

Elfen Lied

I don't think my expectations are particularly high when it comes to anime (I absolutely loved Angel Beats, for example), but that was truly a terrible experience throughout.

As motivation to continue watching, I had read some random comments stating that the last episode had a good payoff so I endured expecting all of these annoying ass characters to die or something awesome but nope.

one of the few occasions where duckroll was dead right.

fuck the fang for ruining spiralling the show in to shit :(

Eh, love triangles did that for me and not particularly that character.

Soma

Nah I felt that the show managed to recover a bit from that whole nonsense and ended on a pretty solid note all things considered.

Still, it could've been better than it was.

Servant x Service episode 11

Am I the only one getting annoyed by the time wasted on Hasebe and Lucy in this show. Hasebe is a worthless character and the romance between them is so dry and awkward its making the show boring. Seriously nothing happens in this show.

faridmon

Am I the only one getting annoyed by the time wasted on Hasebe and Lucy in this show. Hasebe is a worthless character and the romance between them is so dry and awkward its making the show boring. Seriously nothing happens in this show.

Haha, so this is very much Working!! 2.0

The very same problems plagued it (the first season) and it gotten so absurd it just became a slug to go through it. I suppose this sin't as bad that.

cajunator

Banned
Upon further inspection, Nao in my avatar has a fang. Can't be helped.

Hmmm. I like this.

Elfen Lied

I don't think my expectations are particularly high when it comes to anime (I absolutely loved Angel Beats, for example), but that was truly a terrible experience throughout.

As motivation to continue watching, I had read some random comments stating that the last episode had a good payoff so I endured expecting all of these annoying ass characters to die or something awesome but nope.

Eh, love triangles did that for me and not particularly that character.

Elfen Lied is a unique animal. Its honestly hard to gauge if people will like it or not. Its really cute sometimes but extremely violent, depressing, and yet filled with weird fetish fuel and batshit insane story developments.

The fang is not at fault. the character is. the fang is NEVER at fault!

You implying vampires aren't cute? I know one Oshino Shinobu who could make a highly convincing argument against that notion!
It's a good argument
Danganronpa 11

Dammit, another episode that didn't suck! Looks like this series might do a half-decent job of adapting the endgame, at least.

Are you trying to trick me into making me watch the last episodes ? You're implying that they are good ...

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE
1376063952367.gif

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE

Haven't been watching SxS for a while, but this does not remotely surprise me considering this also plagued Working!

What in the hell is going on with the background art of that show?

What is the problem ?

Is it the CG background on top of the 2D ? that's what happens when you use psp assets in an anime i guess ..

----------------------
Fantasista Doll - 05

Fantasista%20Doll%20-%2005.jpg

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
So More info for this episode ... Not sure what to think of those 2 guys that are in their corner trying to do secret things ... anyway Plot has progressed for this episode ...
-Dolls have passive habilities ( that's good to know )
-Blue haired girl is back , that's good to know ..oh it seems she has a dream too ( that will not end well )
-katia went to make a delivery and made a friend along the way ( i like this subplot )

Can we at least see a proper battle one of these days ? I don't mind even if it's one sided.

cnet128

Banned
Am I the only one getting annoyed being eternally delighted by the time wasted well spent on Hasebe and Lucy in this show. Hasebe is a worthless the greatest character and the romance between them is so dry and awkward sweet and perfect its making the show boring glorious.

Fixed that for you. (Seriously I have no idea how to reconcile your opinions with reality.)

Silver Spoon 10

rest in pieces, Butadon...literally!

And Komaba, I'm pretty sure there is no point saying "don't tell anyone" when you've ALREADY TOLD EVERYONE.

Stulaw

Elfen Lied

As motivation to continue watching, I had read some random comments stating that the last episode had a good payoff so I endured expecting all of these annoying ass characters to die or something awesome but.
The manga was better, it had an ending that made sense, but would have been better if it was animated.

cnet128

Banned
Fantasista Doll - 05

-katia went to make a delivery and made a friend along the way ( i like this subplot )

Why yes, Katia x Miko is the best thing about this show. They should just take over as the main characters, it could only have wonderful
yuri
results.

CorvoSol

Turn A Gundam 41

Kinda unusual to see Dianna so protective of her throne. I mean, not because it doesn't make sense, it's just that ruling has been the last thing on her mind for so long that when it finally comes time to stake her right to rule, it just seems unusual. I suppose she's being so aggressive about it because Agrippa is the biggest of losers. She'd likely be far more lax with a more competent ruler instead. Agrippa's current position reminds me of that dude from the cross-dressing episode of ZZ Gundam, who also was a bit too forward with his interests in women and also was under pressure from an imposing Spacer Queen.

I wonder how they'll wrap all of this up in 9 episodes? I mean there's still all that stuff about Poe and what'shisname down on Earth to sort out, too (who's defending the Amerians from the Dianna Counter Remnants?) and suddenly we're going into some interesting territory here regarding the Dark History.

Apparently it entered into the heads of the spaceborn at some point that if they wanted to fight the Earth's rule, rather than drop colonies or asteroids, they should fight fire with fire. So where the Turn A Gundam was made, they, be they the spaceborn or the Lunarians or whoever, built the Turn X. I'm hesitant to call the Turn X a Gundam because it looks less like one than the Turn A, but if it isn't a class similar to the Turn A, why use the name at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom