• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Strike Witches 2 04

And just like that a new pairing appears. Not sure if I'm convinced about Barkhorn x Shirley, being the OTP or anything like that but at least it shows some nice potential chemistry. Poor Lucchini though. Getting NTR'd like that.
Other highlights of the episode were some Lucchini moments involving an oil drum (there is also some :Chet there) and
Hartman's twin sister who I will have to do some research about later
A higher amount of [REDACTED] than last episode albeit not as high as the first two tbh.

Interesting thing about this episode is that it is based on reality. The real Barkhorn couldn't handle the Me 262 either.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Perhaps it's because I'm a Londoner but I found the who keeping your head down and staying out of trouble during the junior phase quite easy.

Huh? Strike Witches is full of such references. Like the Marseile episode was based on the Siege of Malta events.

I get there's tons of references and character relations turned into somewhat yuri relations (Hanna Wind and Nipa for example), I just didn't know which situations in the anime were based on actual events.

Jex

[The Eccentric Family] - 11: Metal Gear Edition

Who knew that Kaisei had trained with Solid Snake? Not I.

Benten's actions during this episode failed to shed any light on her ultimate motivations however it now occurs to me that perhaps Benten deliberately introduced Yasaburo to the Friday Fellows to enable him to meet Prof. Yodogawa because she had already seen this end game coming and wanted to give him a fighting chance. That seems pretty darn convoluted but at this point Benten's such a closed-box that it's possible to project a variety of possible motivations and feelings onto her.

Pokemon B/W Adventures in Unova and Beyond 33

jrifAk9l.jpg

Ash goes through the emotional heartbreak of releasing another Butterfree.

cajunator

Banned
Fate Kaleid Liner PRISMA ILYA - 10[end]

So the first part has ended. i'm especially happy that the second season is in production because there is some serious story to cover from now on.

Overall i found that this first season was a good adaptation. Yeah i know ilya is different from her Fate/stay night appearance but this isn't a problem for me...

I enjoyed this "FRIENDSHIP" , i lloved the luvia-rin relationship and the kaleid were great in their roles...i leave satisfied and hoping that they will treat the second season with as much care as they treated the first because they didn't mess up .

Blu-ray boughts as soon as they are available.

Ilya is still a cutie but that character design was a missed opportunity.

Sounds like Aniplex. lol
Barebones too, it looks like.

Yeah. Im sure they will release blurays later for stupid money :(

Revolutionary Girl Utena: 08

What.... seriously, what....
A body switching episode

Ok....

Wait until you get to the weird stuff!

Dragonball Z: Battle of Gods
Wow, pretty impressive. The battle animation was incredible. Vegeta was quite funny as well.

Strike Witches 1-6
I'm sort of liking it. The characters seem at least sort of interesting and the battle scenes sort of impressive. My favorite witch right now in Lynne followed by Shirley
On an aside, I don't really get why all the girls do not wear skirts or pants ever. I do not find it particularly attractive. It just seems a bit weird

Strike Witches 1-6
I'm sort of liking it. The characters seem at least sort of interesting and the battle scenes sort of impressive. My favorite witch right now in Lynne followed by Shirley
On an aside, I don't really get why all the girls do not wear skirts or pants ever. I do not find it particularly attractive. It just seems a bit weird

Welcome to the fold. There are a couple of witches who wear skirts and they do wear pants so it's not embarrassing.

Theonik

Welcome to the fold. There are a couple of witches who wear skirts and they do wear pants so it's not embarrassing.
It's only their definition of pants that's weird. Also from watching 05 of season 2, Skirts DO exist.
For the witches not using them though I can't think of any explanation outside. "The creators thought it was cool"

It's only their definition of pants that's weird. Also from watching 05. Skirts DO exist.
For the witches not using them though I can't think of any explanation outside. "The creators thought it was cool"

One hypothesis was that they couldn't wear traditional pants because it would disrupt/get caught in the striker unit, but there are witches like Adolfine who wear them plus the whole pantyhose thing. And apparently witches didn't wear them in classic times either, so the best answer is that Humikane loves butts and he's my god for it.

Heartcatch Re-AirCure 4

4 episodes in, and Cure Blossom already has a shirt in universe. God damn.

Now then, today is the "break up" episode where friendship is threatened due to Erika's eccentric behavior, something to note is that she didn't really change despite being turned into a Desertrian
and she really doesn't for the rest of the series.

I would like to comment on Tsubomi's insight on Erika though, especially with the paired image. It's true that Erika is popular, on surface since no one hates her. And clearly she wants to be like Erika. The problem here is that it starts a bit of a running joke where things Tsubomi wants isn't exactly how she thought they are, and this is actually rather prevalent throughout Heartcatch, but lets not get ahead. Anyway, based on commentary stated throughout the previous 4 episodes, on top of Erika's actions, YOU'D think she was the real leader, especially since she's a Genki Girl, and they're one of the two most used archetypes for the leader role. So where's the problem?

Erika doesn't.... have "friends" due to her personality. Again, they don't hate her, but Tsubomi's reaction to Erika trying to help her in Ep 1 is basically how people felt about her. Good intentions, too much to keep up with, and that she's on a different level. This is even shown here and in episode 3 when she displays that she's already a capable Cure, and Blossom is pretty much a giant doof. Clearly Tsubomi isn't cut out to be a leader here.... or at least if this was a different series.

Anyway, much like Tsubomi being "weak", our troubled victim is also dealing with being inferior to the other, and Erika blurts out what she said in image 2, which also stabbed Tsubomi in the heart, so she ends up hurting both our victim and Tsubomi. Clearly Erika has the heart to help people out, but is utterly incapable of being able to utilize that for other people. That's why she's not fit to be the leader here. She doesn't "understand".

Anyway, Kumojacky is introduced in this episode, who will basically be Marine's rival, and it's rather fitting, but that's something to worry about later. With him sending out an enemy that also confides Tsubomi's problem, Erika "gets it", and actually understand Tsubomi's good points (although her perception is weak when it comes to things/idols she worship). Tsubomi can understand, and understanding feelings and accepting them is the main game here. So clearly, her character fits here for an unorthodox main lead (and god damn, do they go all the way in the long run). Granted, despite saying this, Tsubomi doesn't really understand herself, but clearly other people do.

For the last image, we establish friendship as BEST FRIENDS, which I guess might be odd for Tsubomi when you considered she was kinda guilt tripped into it, but based on Erika's reactions, it clearly means much more to her. This is the seed in where Erika is rather protective over Tsubomi, as well as how much she really means to her.

SIDENOTE: Tsubom -Future Flower- plays at the end before credits. Heartcatch loves using character themes. Also the OP isn't that good.

Theonik

One hypothesis was that they couldn't wear traditional pants because it would disrupt/get caught in the striker unit, but there are watches like Adolfine who wear them plus the whole pantyhose thing. And apparently witches didn't wear them in classic times either, so the best answer is that Humikane loves butts and he's my god for it.
Yes, it all boiling down to Humikane liking [REDACTED] is what my conclusion was also.
Not that I wish to infer this is a bad thing.

cnet128

Banned
Fantasista Doll 10

Yeahhhhhh I knew
there was something up with that Komachi girl

Aside from that, fun poker antics are fun. I love it when the dolls appear on random surfaces with their little signs. Why is communicating through handwritten signs so inherently entertaining?

also Madeleine is the worst doll so who cares if they get her back or not

cajunator

Banned
Well it definitely should be.

I certainly have no issues with butts.

Also gives a whole different meaning to the pro-life movement.

I love you and I love your jokes.

One hypothesis was that they couldn't wear traditional pants because it would disrupt/get caught in the striker unit, but there are witches like Adolfine who wear them plus the whole pantyhose thing. And apparently witches didn't wear them in classic times either, so the best answer is that Humikane loves butts and he's my god for it.

He is definitely a butt fan, as Vividred clearly demonstrates. As a fan of cute, the butts do fit that description if Im honest.

santeesioux

So Valvrave was pretty good, don't understand why it is rated so low on MAL and CR. Of course SAO has a pretty high rating on those, so lol.

He is definitely a butt fan, as Vividred clearly demonstrates. As a fan of cute, the butts do fit that description if Im honest.

Humikane (surprisingly) had nothing to do with Vividred Operation, that was the work of director Takamura Kazuhiro who directed the SW anime and has a similar butt-love.

BluWacky

Rozen Maiden 11

Phew, that was a huge chunk of exposition they needed to get through to get to the end of the show, wasn't it?

Hatakeyama has worked wonders with the usual flat Deen art/animation style in this show, and this episode was even better than usual. Where the show has occasionally faltered in rendering the supernatural talents of Shinku and Suigintou, it has always shone in anything involving Kirakishou, and this episode is absolutely no exception, whether through her character animation
as she stretches out her broken doll's body pathetically
, the framing of her face, or even in
her final moments as she explodes into rose vines

I'm not sure the show can resolve to my total satisfaction. Perhaps the franchise will just keep going in some format forever - but I'm not sure there's anything else they can say about the Maidens, now. The show's spent virtually no time on them anyway, after all - and with Jun's story potentially winding down (pun fully intended) I'm not sure what else there is for them to do.

Rozen Maiden 11

I'm not sure the show can resolve to my total satisfaction. Perhaps the franchise will just keep going in some format forever - but I'm not sure there's anything else they can say about the Maidens, now. The show's spent virtually no time on them anyway, after all - and with Jun's story potentially winding down (pun fully intended) I'm not sure what else there is for them to do.

The manga keeps going, but the anime should be able to end on a satisfactory note.

Uchouten kazoku - 11

How could you fall for this trap ?

The stakes are higher than ever ...can't wait for next week..
Also kaisei is a great girl.

Fantasista Doll 10

WHATATWIST.JPG

Honestly i couldn't tell the difference between her mom and
Komachi the true master mind shenanigans

The poker stuff was fun if a bit cliche, almost wish they had played magicu or something lol

BluWacky

The manga keeps going, but the anime should be able to end on a satisfactory note.

Please feel free to spoil me on the manga -
does the "unwound" timeline cease to exist, and the story return to young Jun's universe only? There are no Rozen Maidens in adult Jun's world, so there is little point in it existing once young Jun is free. With Kirakishou apparently dead (although with no-one claiming her Rosa Mystica who knows - I'm not sure she even has one given that she has no body) I'm not sure what else there is to do except finally resolve the Alice Game, which has barely mattered anyway by Suigintou's own admission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom