• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_i

Holy shit! Chronicles of the Going Home Club episode 10 got moved back a week. This is the third time this happened to this show. THIRD TIME.

mhs004

I really enjoy Kuroko's basket and I'm really exited for the new season. I still think it is not as good as slam dunk as a manga and anime but I still really enjoy it.

I really enjoy Kuroko's basket and I'm really exited for the new season. I still think it is not as good as slam dunk as a manga and anime but I still really enjoy it.

What? I think it blows Slam Dunk out of the water as the best basketball series around. Such intense abilities, memorable personalities, and partners, and really intense games.

fertygo

What? I think it blows Slam Dunk out of the water as the best basketball series around. Such intense abilities, memorable personalities, and partners, and really intense games.

Slam Dunk is historical title for many, despite your different opinion but I think you can understand why people regard something that became their fond memories in the old days so high.

mhs004

Well I use to play ball in school and still do so that probably has something to do with it. I also kind of like the main character in slam dunk more as I can relate to him. I do agree with you about the abilities part as that is the reason I like it in the first place. I like the personalities in slam dunk more though.

Articalys

ANN published an short interview with character designer and probably second-most associated staff name with Evangelion after Anno, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...ngelion-character-designer-yoshiyuki-sadamoto

I'll give one question here as a sample:
How does working on one of Hosoda's films compare to working on the Rebuild of Evangelion films?

The big differences between the two are design preferences. For instance, when I am working on Evangelion, Hideaki Anno will ask me to change the design a little or change the colors choices. Anno is looking for something very different from the norm while Hosoda won't ask for changes. Hosoda may be looking for something more mainstream, like Studio Ghibli's work. He may not be looking for otaku appeal in the designs. Anno will pull inspiration from animation from his childhood and may want to show something more exciting and infuse his childhood passions into his projects. Those are the big differences between each director's work.

Majestic prince - 03
I finally started all those episodes because it's TIME !

So How should i summarize this episode ?

Majestic%20Prince%20-%2003_01.jpg

Right .....

I finally understand why those 5 are like this , i think i wouldn't have stopped watching if i'd seen this episode ..but what's done is done.

The way this episode ended was quite alright ... with some cool animation during the fight.

Majestic%20Prince%20-%2003_02.jpg

Resort ! Vacation ! Romance !

Those 5 are trully some very intresting characters they really are missing something.. Still the comedy was kinda alright ...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They're really horrible about getting back on defense though in Kuroko.

Honestly the most realistic depiction of basketball to me is still Ro Kyu Bu. They really focus on good solid team basketball, with an emphasis on team passing, team defense (they even practice zone!) and all the fundamentals.

Still need to get around to watching S2 but I haven't actually watched any anime in the past few months.

Kurita

Slam Dunk is historical title for many, despite your different opinion but I think you can understand why people regard something that became their fond memories in the old days so high.

I started reading Slam Dunk last year after dropping Kuroko's Basket so I'm not "biased" by nostalgia.
Slam Dunk really is better, both manga/anime aren't in the same league at all. Slam Dunk's MC is better than the entire Kuroko's cast.

I also recommend Ahiru no Sora if people want a good basketball shounen.

Well I use to play ball in school and still do so that probably has something to do with it. I also kind of like the main character in slam dunk more as I can relate to him. I do agree with you about the abilities part as that is the reason I like it in the first place. I like the personalities in slam dunk more though.

Slam Dunk could have been stronger if it at least continued and gave one more tourney. I was still wanting more Rukawa action as well as the others.

cajunator

Banned
But do you talk at people or with them?

What do you mean? I joke around with people and make them bust a gut laughing. Whatever description that fits.

Ok I just looked it up. I totally talk at people more than anything. My roommate has adapted to it by telling me she isnt interested in the topic anymore.

Majestic prince - 04

Majestic%20Prince%20-%2004.jpg

Excellent scene

^^ i stil prefer her mila maxwell role , but damn if she isn't doing a good job for this character

Oh and the end of the battle was kinda neat , plenty of good thing to note including plenty of nice effects on screen.

Free! Episode 11
tumblr_mtd7h3nO9w1sdxt53o3_r2_500.gif

Intense episode prelude to the finale. As a Rin fan it was a really emotional rollercoaster ride all throughout.
Finally inspired after having a heart to heart with Rei at the end after confronting his own feelings, to be denied the chance to compete with Samezuka in the relay race was just shocking and an unexpected turnout. I thought things looked up so it would have been the natural reaction to proceed as planned, but then that. I can only hope that maybe someone will back down or Nitori will do something useful. He has been Rin's only supporter through and through.

Fun times with everyone else though, the shopping was fun and really memorable for the occasional partner swapups.

LayLa

Random 10 DVD Dregathon

DVD 02: Elemental Gelade (2005) Episodes 6-9
Audio options: Sub & dub
Extras: cast interviews, trailer, OP

Only the second DVD and already my will is being sorely tested. I must stay strong!
I didn't start watching anime regularly until about 3 years ago, and that's because almost all the shows I came into contact with were either mecha or shows like Elemental Gelade - kids with spiky hair and big swords having a fight every episode while on an "epic quest". Some people like that sort of thing or these shows wouldn't get made, but frankly it repulses me. It was a bit of a revelation when i found out that anime has all this ... other stuff.
(i'm softening on mecha a little though)

After Witchblade everything about this show was a huge step down: the backgrounds that looked like they were drawn in 5 seconds, the voice acting (especially the MCs voice and the stonyfaced female lead, ugh), the witless dialog, the character designs - i mean look at these clowns:

The trailer on the disc was Ergo Proxy again. someone is trying to tell me something.

Do I want to watch the rest? Hell no.
My Little MALscore Can't Be This Low: 1/10

now i'm off to look up Gelade on MAL and be horrified by the score. Witchblade had a 7.5!

cajunator

Banned
Random 10 DVD Dregathon

DVD 02: Elemental Gelade (2005) Episodes 6-9
Audio options: Sub & dub
Extras: cast interviews, trailer, OP

Only the second DVD and already my will is being sorely tested. I must stay strong!
I didn't start watching anime regularly until about 3 years ago, and that's because almost all the shows I came into contact with were either mecha or shows like Elemental Gelade - kids with spiky hair and big swords having a fight every episode while on an "epic quest". Some people like that sort of thing or these shows wouldn't get made, but frankly it repulses me. It was a bit of a revelation when i found out that anime has all this ... other stuff.
(i'm softening on mecha a little though)

After Witchblade everything about this show was a huge step down: the backgrounds that looked like they were drawn in 5 seconds, the voice acting (especially the MCs voice and the stonyfaced female lead, ugh), the witless dialog, the character designs - i mean look at these clowns:

The trailer on the disc was Ergo Proxy again. someone is trying to tell me something.

Do I want to watch the rest? Hell no.
My Little MALscore Can't Be This Low: 1/10

now i'm off to look up Gelade on MAL and be horrified by the score. Witchblade had a 7.5!

OMGGGGG Elemental Gelade!!! I Looooooooove Elemental Gelade!
*squees

Some really neat music in the OSt too, by Yuki Kajiura. Reverie Metherlence is so adorable it hurts.
Oh yeah and this awesome OP song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3_3nH_xlE4
Also this is Reverie. I wish there were good figurines of her :(
rCAa0H4.jpg

Majestic prince - 05

This episode was a very nice highlight of events ..the tension was there , the animation was cool and i liked how the team worked ..

Hoping for more episodes like this.....

Theonik

Strike Witches 2 09
This episode was great. I liked it a lot better than season 1's beach episode and that was pretty OK too. Drunk Mio was great and so was the subsequent :SDBurton
I also like Lucchini's idea of scary sea creatures.
A high amount of [REDACTED] but that should be expected of a beach episode. Though actually it's not like they normally wear conventional trousers anyway.

LayLa

lol ok Gelade has a MAL score of 7.57. i guess i'm in the minority then.
just pulled out DVD 3. no character art on the disc, the name is ... manly.

OMGGGGG Elemental Gelade!!! I Looooooooove Elemental Gelade!
*squees

Some really neat music in the OSt too, by Yuki Kajiura. Reverie Metherlence is so adorable it hurts.
Oh yeah and this awesome OP song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3_3nH_xlE4

RightStuf still has the Elemental Gelade OST available for quite the reasonable price. I have ordered so many soundtracks from RightStuf lately I have begun to import other OSTs that have only been released in Japan.

Strike Witches 2 09

This episode was great. I liked it a lot better than season 1's beach episode and that was pretty OK too. Drunk Mio was great and so was the subsequent :SDBurton
I also like Lucchini's idea of scary sea creatures.
A high amount of [REDACTED] but that should be expected of a beach episode. Though actually it's not like they normally wear conventional trousers anyway.

One of my favorites from S2, Perrine is such a god damn sweetheart.

Majestic prince - 05

This episode was a very nice highlight of events ..the tension was there , the animation was cool and i liked how the team worked ..

Hoping for more episodes like this.....

I'm really enjoying Majestic Prince a lot more than I thought I would. Even though it's all CG mecha I do find the battles to be really well done.

I have the OST on CD actually :D

Also have a Princess Mononoke one, Allison and Lillia, Chihayafuru and I forget what others.

I currently have 40 OSTs, with most of them being Pioneer/Geneon releases. I have four more OST imports coming which include the Minami-ke character songs, Blue Flow from Haibane Renmei, the OP to Seitokai Yakuindomo, and Momo's character CD from To Love-ru: Darkness.

BluWacky

My frothing demand for Galileidonna increases ever further with the new PV. It looks like a "good" Production IG show in style. I can't wait!

Samumenco, on the other hand, remains elusive. This is no Psycho Pass - it's supposed to be light hearted fun. Why tease the show so mysteriously? Then again, it does make me curious about what's coming, so I suppose it has had some effect.

I didn't start watching anime regularly until about 3 years ago, and that's because almost all the shows I came into contact with were either mecha or shows like Elemental Gelade - kids with spiky hair and big swords having a fight every episode while on an "epic quest".

Elemental Gelade is My First Anime : The Show. It is exactly the kind of show you describe, and you are not missing out on never seeing it again (I speak as someone who watched the whole thing and has never really been able to justify why).

cajunator

Banned
I currently have 40 OSTs, with most of them being Pioneer/Geneon releases. I have four more OST imports coming which include the Minami-ke character songs, Blue Flow from Haibane Renmei, the OP to Seitokai Yakuindomo, and Momo's character CD from To Love-ru: Darkness.

Niiice.
I think I have a CD with Stellvia music from Angela and Tsubasa reservoir chronicles. Always wanted to get the Noir CDs but ever got around to it.

Ohhhh. Yes Sa-nyaa~ <3

My frothing demand for Galileidonna increases ever further with the new PV. It looks like a "good" Production IG show in style. I can't wait!

Samumenco, on the other hand, remains elusive. This is no Psycho Pass - it's supposed to be light hearted fun. Why tease the show so mysteriously? Then again, it does make me curious about what's coming, so I suppose it has had some effect.

Elemental Gelade is My First Anime : The Show. It is exactly the kind of show you describe, and you are not missing out on never seeing it again (I speak as someone who watched the whole thing and has never really been able to justify why).

It kind of was babby's first animu but hell, I loved it. Still do.

Samumenco, on the other hand, remains elusive. This is no Psycho Pass - it's supposed to be light hearted fun. Why tease the show so mysteriously? Then again, it does make me curious about what's coming, so I suppose it has had some effect..

Maybe their saving it all for the preview event, I guess, which is soon?

Majestic Prince 24 Fin

An explosive finale to an overall great series. The final battle between Izuru and Jiart was truly epic with a very satisfying finale. Anyone who decides to marathon this series is in for a treat the mech battles are some of the best I've ever seen and if all CG mechs shows look this good I'll be pretty content.

The ending leaves things open for a second season which would be awesome, though I don't mind if this remains the finale. If I had any complaint it would be that not only did Simon and Izuru survive the final battle, but none of the named good guys got killed. Especially after they waxed 2 of team doberman I was expecting someone to die.

I'd say this is a solid 4/5, I knock it down for it's rather slow opening with some rather painful comedy episodes and not enough actions. The second half of the show when things really begin to pick up redeems it though. Might be time to reevaluate the 3 spring mech shows as MJP has truly but up a compelling argument.

LayLa

I've watched too many shows to the end out of sheer bloodymindedness, it's a bad habit that i'm trying to break. I mean, i made it to the end of Fractale.

It kind of was babby's first animu but hell, I loved it. Still do.

awww now i feel bad about what i wrote. sorry cajun! i think there's a cute show in the pile that i might like better...

Branduil

From the Attack on Titan thread:

Some details about the bonus visual novels (specifically, the Mikasa story) included with the third BD volume:

Based on the same site (the admin played Mikasa’s story later and posted a summary), it’s a side story that takes place around Ep. 7 where
Mikasa runs out of gas and falls.

She then has a dream/vision/thing about a alternate world where everyone lived and almost no one died, then wakes up back in the real world on the fruit stand with the broken blade.

Then “Fight!” “If I die, I won’t be able to remember you.” “It was like seeing the reification of mankind’s anger”, etc. The End.

The Alternate World (In More Detail):

The knock at the door was the Jaegers, not the kidnappers.
The kidnappers got eaten by wolves or dogs
Her mom is alive and pregnant with a baby brother(?) (this is why the Jaegers pay multiple visits)
After the Survey Corps return, they seal up the Walls and the Survey Corps is disbanded.
[Something about Eren getting beaten up pretty badly by that one guy Eren tried to hit with a stick. The details they give here are kind of fuzzy.]
The Colossal Titan never shows up.
Eren builds an airplane with Armin and dies trying to fly it.

The last one is hilarious.

Majestic prince - 07

Is this commander a moron or something ? i know he is meant to be arrogant and stupid but still.

So after 6 eps i guess it was time for us to see how the main bad guys were doing ... they seem evil enough .

Theonik

One of my favorites from S2, Perrine is such a god damn sweetheart.
She really is and she gets some damn good episodes! That Miyukichi certainly helps too.

Not sure how it is possible to like Perrine.

One of the most unlikeable anime character ever.
If she stayed a standard ojousama character I might have sympathised with this viewpoint but as things stand she's a very solid character.
(also ojousama characters <3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom