• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Aoi Bungaku - Run, Melos 1

Now, this is some awesome shit.

Nakamura's intercutting dazzles. The story he adds on top, of Takada and his admired actor friend, complements the existing themes of the original, while keeping readers of that story on their toes with a plot whose outcome they can't know. The evil king sits beside Takada in his memories, planting seeds of doubt. The pain of waiting, this kind of waiting, isn't the time lost, but the trust broken. Through music, sound effects, and visual cues, Nakamura keeps the three narrative threads in sync, and commands the viewer's rapt attention. I eagerly await the second half. This is how you breathe new life into an old story.
Now we're talking, you're onto the good stuff now.

Perrine's a bit much to handle in the first season when she's being a shit to Yoshika, but she certainly does get better and she's a down right goddess in the movie. Of course I'm extremely biased because there's not a Miyukichi character I don't enjoy.

Theonik

Perrine's a bit much to handle in the first season when she's being a shit to Yoshika, but she certainly does get better and she's a down right goddess in the movie. Of course I'm extremely biased because there's not a Miyukichi character I don't enjoy.
But you even watched BRS TV for Miyakichi. It really doesn't say much!

I guess you're victim of the stockholm syndrome. There is no other explanation.
Nah, she definitely develops over the course of the series. Hell in that episode we even see her as caring! Her trying to keep appearances is part of what makes her character fun to watch actually.

MAJESTIC PRINCE - 08

OMG

Omg
1361048056316.gif

omg
This episode was nuts ! it was superb .. it was awesome.

It was ..waouh ..there wasn't a thing i can say about this episode except " glorious "

what did i just watch it was so great ...

I don't have the words ... if that wasn't for the stupid commander that was doing mistake after mistake that would have been legendary ..

5/5 episode , no doubt ...

That fight was awesome...

I WANT MORE THINGS LIKE THIS. please tell me there are more things like this ... they didn't blew their budget on this episode, right ?

MAJESTIC PRINCE - 08

OMG

Omg
1361048056316.gif

omg
This episode was nuts ! it was superb .. it was awesome.

It was ..waouh ..there wasn't a thing i can say about this episode except " glorious "

what did i just watch it was so great ...

I don't have the words ... if that wasn't for the stupid commander that was doing mistake after mistake that would have been legendary ..

5/5 episode , no doubt ...

That fight was awesome...

I WANT MORE THINGS LIKE THIS. please tell me there are more things like this ... they didn't blew their budget on this episode, right ?

Nope, each fight gets better from here on out

cnet128

Banned
Holy shit! Chronicles of the Going Home Club episode 10 got moved back a week. This is the third time this happened to this show. THIRD TIME.

For the love of god, Kitakubu. At this point you may as well keep delaying episodes until you wind up finishing at the end of next season.

Servant x Service - 12

Lovely episode without comedy.. First part was alright ...that reveal in the end was predictable ever since
it was said earlier that hasebe familly have been in city hall since generations

Hah

Kamen no Maid Guy 1-6
Pretty funny. the masked maid is hilarious with his overpowered powers and the ending song is excellent. Fubuki is pretty cute too.

cajunator

Banned
I've watched too many shows to the end out of sheer bloodymindedness, it's a bad habit that i'm trying to break. I mean, i made it to the end of Fractale.

awww now i feel bad about what i wrote. sorry cajun! i think there's a cute show in the pile that i might like better...

Its perfectly alright to not like something I enjoyed. I like a huge amount of shows of varying quality.

You don't need to apologize for not liking an anime cajunator likes; otherwise you'll end up apologizing all the time.

Your wit is so witty. Witty wit.

santeesioux

Holy shit! Chronicles of the Going Home Club episode 10 got moved back a week. This is the third time this happened to this show. THIRD TIME.

If it's doing really badly you'd think it would make more sense to get it done quickly to get it off of the schedule instead of delaying it and keeping it on the schedule longer.

Silver Spoon 11

Odd spot to end the season, but we already know S2 is coming so I can't complain. The speech the principal gave truly felt like a great place to end this season... but for good pacing and following the manga we still get the baseball game and the pig naming scene. If it were me I'd put the speech at the end but it's just a minor complaint. Overall this first season of Silver Spoon was an incredibly fun ride 5/5 can't wait for the second season. Will probably pick up the manga before S2 starts though.

jbug617

Banned
Silver Spoon 11

Love the little hints of romance between Hachiken and Mikage. I guess this is the last episode till Winter but this show is awesome. It's my favorite this season. Best ED also so far this year.

Anybody know what chapter the show left off at so I can pick up the manga?

Silver Spoon 11

Love the little hints of romance between Hachiken and Mikage. I guess this is the last episode till Winter but this show is awesome. It's my favorite this season. Best ED also so far this year.

Anybody know what chapter the show left off at so I can pick up the manga?

I just asked in the manga thread, Akito said ~30 but that some scenes and stories were changed around so you should start from the beginning.

cajunator

Banned
Kamen no Maid Guy 1-6
Pretty funny. the masked maid is hilarious with his overpowered powers and the ending song is excellent. Fubuki is pretty cute too.

I always appreciate when someone watches ghis. Its hilarious.
the character art is atrocious though. In particular the main female protagonist.
the op/ed are quite memorable.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 20

Oh damn Aiko sees her mother for the first time since she left. Well, meets her and speaks to her. But still, the feels were strong, particularly when they first met and hugged and when they were taking the bath and her mother told Aiko about the miscarriage that ended up ruining her marriage with Aiko's dad. Heavy shit there. Kids show and all that.

Doremi makes a terrible Aiko.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Majestic Prince 24

Action was good. Everything else was shit. Totally a sequel or some shitty movie coming or something stupid. They tried to go for that stupid shitty Gundam Seed ending or whatever and fucking bombed. UGH. Worth watching only for the action. How freaking terrible.

Majestic Prince 24

Action was good. Everything else was shit. Totally a sequel or some shitty movie coming or something stupid. They tried to go for that stupid shitty Gundam Seed ending or whatever and fucking bombed. UGH. Worth watching only for the action. How freaking terrible.

Just because Seed's sequel was awful doesn't mean MJP's has to be

I'm sure he'll be in the Danganronpa anime if that ever makes its way over, unless they switch up the cast for some reason.

Well Funi is streaming it and I'm sure it probably is pulling a decent amount of viewers to warrant Funi to release it.

It just depends if Funi wants to spend the extra money on hiring the voice cast for the game.

Articalys

Simulcast times and territories have been revealed for Crunchyroll's triple dose of Aniplex shows.

Kill la Kill
Thursdays at 11:30 am PDT -- North America, South America, and South Africa only
(as was previously noted, Madman will be streaming the series as a same-day simulcast for Australia/NZ viewers)

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic
Sundays at 2:00 am PDT -- North America, South America, and South Africa only

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2
Thursdays at 10:00am PDT -- US, Canada, United Kingdom, and Ireland only

Mr.Jeff

lol ok Gelade has a MAL score of 7.57. i guess i'm in the minority then.
Man, that show takes me back. One of those things I watched because it was back when I was just beginning to watch stuff and I felt the need to try everything.
Mostly a pretty dull action show but a couple of little interesting bits here and there. Only worth it if it intrigues you I guess.

On a side note, I hadn't realised the Edinburgh SLA tickets had gone up for sale. Skipped a couple of films but still 7 movies over 4 days.
NhVdiZ9.jpg

Pretty mixed bag really but Patema Inverted and Steins Gate should balance out the suffering of Eva 3.0.

Metrotab

Banned
Watamote - 11

Everything's coming up Tomoko! I love her portrayals of other people inside her mind.

A feel-good episode overall. And what a cherubic Fair President!

cnet128

Banned
Silver Spoon 11 END

That's the third show I'm watching this season that's come to an end. It's really starting to feel like the Autumn season is practically upon us =D So excitingu.

Anyway yeah, this didn't feel much like an "ending point", but hey, I guess a split-cour series doesn't really need one. A few short months and we'll be back to follow the entertaining lives of Hachiken and friends...and Bacon, and Katsudon, and Ham, and Chashu... =p

cajunator

Banned
Man, that show takes me back. One of those things I watched because it was back when I was just beginning to watch stuff and I felt the need to try everything.
Mostly a pretty dull action show but a couple of little interesting bits here and there. Only worth it if it intrigues you I guess.

On a side note, I hadn't realised the Edinburgh SLA tickets had gone up for sale. Skipped a couple of films but still 7 movies over 4 days.
NhVdiZ9.jpg

Pretty mixed bag really but Patema Inverted and Steins Gate should balance out the suffering of Eva 3.0.

Elemental gelade wasnt anything special but it was cute and the action and fights were kind of fun. I marathoned the whole thing and definitely enjoyed it thoroughly despite its faults. I have watched quite a few shows of this quality and enjoyed the stories and characters, which makes the poor production values much easier to tolerate.

Watamote - 11

Everything's coming up Tomoko! I love her portrayals of other people inside her mind.

A feel-good episode overall. And what a cherubic Fair President!

An actual feelgood Watamote episode. One of a kind so far but a refreshing change of pace.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Another 6

I know this show takes place in 1998 but that "oh-no-bad-phone-reception-right-as-I-was-saying-something-important" thing is getting overplayed. They even added it in to the librarian's explanation ffs. I love the librarian's english VA though. He's a boss.

:lol so hard at the middle of this episode; that was a turn on a time tonal shift and back.

Misaki's demeanor is shifting in a slow but rather positive light. I'm not sure if its a front or not thought. There's something odd about Sakakibara's past too, like he's repeating something I think. If that's true then I'm totally calling that he's the 'dead person.'

BluWacky

Simulcast times and territories have been revealed for Crunchyroll's triple dose of Aniplex shows.

Kill la Kill
Thursdays at 11:30 am PDT -- North America, South America, and South Africa only
(as was previously noted, Madman will be streaming the series as a same-day simulcast for Australia/NZ viewers)

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic
Sundays at 2:00 am PDT -- North America, South America, and South Africa only

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2
Thursdays at 10:00am PDT -- US, Canada, United Kingdom, and Ireland only

Hmmm. I guess Anime On Demand had Magi season 1 in the UK so it's likely to be the same for season 2. No idea who'll pick up Kill la Kill here, if anyone.

Strike Witches 2 10

Finally the Hartman episode we've all been waiting for. In addition to an awesome guest witch!
A shame there weren't many of those. Both guest witches and Hartman episodes that is.
This episode was pretty great. I really liked how they did the autograph picture too.
A decent, though focused amount of [REDACTED].

The show definitely could have used a couple more cameos. With any luck we'll have an anime based around an entirely new cast and it'll be awesome because it might have Waltrud in it. And since you mentioned the autograph picture:

GFzlUkL.jpg

I always enjoy looking at the actual archetypes. Handsome ace turns into beautiful pantsless witch, what a world.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 21

Hey Majo Heart is warming up to them.

Who were those guys at the end? I think the king dude is evil. Just a hunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom