• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Any of you think Baby Steps will get a second series. What happens from this point on I really want to see having been a manga reader of it.

I doubt it. But that said, as I said elsewhere I find it kind of odd that theyre ending a sports anime with a date episode.

Branduil

Sword Art Online II - 6

i2GuGXjxRib1v.jpg

I literally had to stop watching and ly dow when this happened.

I feel like some people don't understand exactly what it is that makes SAO so bad. It's not actually the harem elements- while dumb, there are tons of shows with that. It's the fact that SAO wants to have its harem elements while also serving up ham-fisted drama and clumsily attempting to say something about the human condition. No show, I'm not going to invested in Kirito's struggles with having killed people while he also adds another desperate waif to his harem.

Also, why the heck wasn't this Laughing Coffin crap in the first season?

fertygo

Captain Turd - 24

Why even with some sakuga this show still so fucking terrible, jebus.. some of scene being there for just sake of being there.. like that Itano circus couldn't placed any worse.

Fuck you Enokido.. what a piece of junk that you writing here, the asspull just keep piling.
Well, obviously I can't speak from the perspective of someone familiar with the series, but I had always had a negative impression of it until I started hearing good things about Book of Circus. The anime-original second season seems to be particularly disliked, and it has a pretty bad director.

The first season still the best I think, its have good mix of fun, funky, and engaging silly angel & demon's conspiracy ala Supernatural (The TV show)

I also adore the 2nd season a lot, the complaint came across as typical fan's anger over non-"faithful"ness to me.

Oh well I just wish if Book of Circus left you some bad taste its not gonna discouraging you to at least goes back to the first season.

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art Online II - 6

I feel like some people don't understand exactly what it is that makes SAO so bad. It's not actually the harem elements- while dumb, there are tons of shows with that. It's the fact that SAO wants to have its harem elements while also serving up ham-fisted drama and clumsily attempting to say something about the human condition. No show, I'm not going to invested in Kirito's struggles with having killed people while he also adds another desperate waif to his harem.

Also, why the heck wasn't this Laughing Coffin crap in the first season?

SAOs problem is it tries to be serious instead of acknowledging how full of shit it is.

Soma

Nozaki-kun Ep. 11

Chiyo's voice actress putting in some work in this episode.

and lol @ the next episode preview

they would end the show on that chapter.

cajunator

Banned
Nozaki-kun Ep. 11

If Chiyo and Natsume's voice actresses were in a show together so many people would simply squee to death.

Jarmel

Banned
Haikyuu-24

Really fantastic episode. While the last match dragged on way too long, very strong conclusion. Went in a different way than I expected but I think that's because
I'm used to the protagonists winning in anime. Really surprising to see them close out on a match where they lose.

That last toss was out of this world. Production IG brought their A game.

Fireblend

Banned
Barakamon 10

This show is playing with my feelings now. Why the hell would he leave without telling anyone?! Specially Naru, what the fuck. I hope it's revealed he at least had the decency to leave a freaking note for her or something. Does he want to traumatize her for life? smh.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sword Art Online II - 6
It's the fact that SAO wants to have its harem elements while also serving up ham-fisted drama and clumsily attempting to say something about the human condition.
Tons of shit does this.

Branduil

Not caught up but weren't they the group in the murder mystery episode of S1 or is there more dumb shit being piled on?

Apparently at some point they round up a huge group of people to capture everyone in "Laughing Coffin" and Kirito killed two dudes. This wasn't worth showing in the first season even though he's not suffering from PTSD due to it.

Jarmel

Banned
What about Kuroko's Basketball? I wrote it off in the past as fujoshi bait but I'm willing to give it a chance now.

Narag

Apparently at some point they round up a huge group of people to capture everyone in "Laughing Coffin" and Kirito killed two dudes. This wasn't worth showing in the first season even though he's not suffering from PTSD due to it.

What in the fuck

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nozaki-kun Ep. 11

I'm honestly surprised that they would end at that chapter. Thought they would go for ch. 48.

Also surprised that they aren't going to adapt the
second dating sim
chapter, seeing that they used it for promos.

fertygo

Haikyuu!! and Ping Pong might've two of sport anime that had the best production value ever among its peer and both are from this year. Fantastic time to being sport anime fan.

Sabagebu - 11

Firehawk is right the show had more of stinker lately, but this eps is great.. some creative writing composition for comedy.

What about Kuroko's Basketball? I wrote it off in the past as fujoshi bait but I'm willing to give it a chance now.
LOL Nope, you won't like it..

Talking about production value, its really bad and far from Haikyuu standard. Just watch Ookiku Fuurikabute if you on sport anime binge, its actually good.. Haikyuu itself seem taking cue from it.

Soma

I'm honestly surprised that they would end at that chapter. Thought they would go for ch. 48.

Also surprised that they aren't going to adapt the
second dating sim
chapter, seeing that they used it for promos.

That would've been a good stopping point too. The last part of the chapter that the next episode is covering is basically a "hey you know how there's been no romantic development between the main characters? yeah well here's this to shut fans up for a few chapters" kind of thing which is a probably the type of 'closure' one can expect from an adaption of an ongoing series like this.

But yeah I'm sad they didn't cover that particular skit or the "delinquent" one. There's still a lot of material left for a potential second season at least.

Dynedom

Captain Derp - 24

*sigh*

edit: Show is somehow still better than
E7:AO
but I guess it's not difficult to improve on garbage.

jbug617

Banned
I'm going to miss Baby Steps. I didn't even know about the show when it began but I got hooked.

I forgot that Yowamushi Pedal is coming back. S1 ended with a great tease.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is there a sports anime that's really about sports?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sabegabu 11

You know, for a shoujo this show encourages quite a few fucked up stuff for its intended audience. First bulimia, and now reinforcing that you must struggle through the pain of high heels even though it's proven that they aren't good for your back.

Ghost in the Shell: SAC Ep. 5

Still plenty of :wonzo shots (or close to that quality level). They must have ran into production issues because this shouldn't be happening given that these are critical episodes and with barely any action. The weird fanservice with the Major is a head-scratcher and a reminder of how much weaker this depiction of her is. Dialogue felt particularly weak in this episode. In trying to emulate Western procedurals they sure are nailing the poor visual storytelling.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There are several airing right now.

There are several sports anime airing right now, yes, but how many of them are about the sport itself rather than the characters?

Take All-Rounder Meguru and Teppuu for example. Both are "MMA mangas", but Meguru spends much of its time talking about MMA as it is actually practiced, while Teppuu is almost entirely concerned with the lead psycho girl's superiority complex.

jman2050

Is there a sports anime that's really about sports?

Ookiku Furikabutte if you're not DTL.

Watching that show is pretty funny as a western baseball fan since their portrayal of good baseball tactics is, uh, very different to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom