• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we getting a new OP soon? Since they changed it so quickly. I have no idea why they changed it so fast, but I'm glad they did, the second OP is quite catchy.

Hans is almost 100% beyond doubt for me, or at least he was before Nachetanya mentioned he called her princess and then played it like he didn't know who she was. Though that only says he's lying about something, not that he's the seventh.

And what about the "there must be an eighth too" thing? It's barely being mentioned now.

Interesting note, but you might want to rewatch the end of episode 4 through the beginning of episode 5

Also, the idea of an eighth was that someone else helped the seventh. It didn't need to be one of the braves present

Russ T

Banned
Are we getting a new OP soon? Since they changed it so quickly. I have no idea why they changed it so fast, but I'm glad they did, the second OP is quite catchy.

Hans is almost 100% beyond doubt for me, or at least he was before Nachetanya mentioned he called her princess and then played it like he didn't know who she was. Though that only says he's lying about something, not that he's the seventh.

And what about the "there must be an eighth too" thing? It's barely being mentioned now.

Pretty sure the eighth is supposed to be the guard telling people how to trigger the trap. He lied to everyone except for the seventh. I think.

e: beatennnnn but yeah

Pretty sure the eighth is supposed to be the guard telling people how to trigger the trap. He lied to everyone except for the seventh. I think.

Yupp this was exactly what I was going to say too. That matter was pretty much settled there IF this was what happened. Now who was the person that interacted with him? That's the real question. My money is still on one of those 3. The idea that
Hans
did it is plausible, but why go through everything that he has so far, specially those few episodes with his conflict with Adlet if he had done it? I don't think he's the culprit.

Gbraga

Interesting note, but you might want to rewatch the end of episode 4 through the beginning of episode 5

Also, the idea of an eighth was that someone else helped the seventh. It didn't need to be one of the braves present

OOOOH right right right, sorry.

Yupp this was exactly what I was going to say too. That matter was pretty much settled there IF this was what happened. Now who was the person that interacted with him? That's the real question. My money is still on one of those 3. The idea that
Hans
did it is plausible, but why go through everything that he has so far, specially those few episodes with his conflict with Adlet if he had done it? I don't think he's the culprit.

Hans is the most interesting character in the show to me,
he was so obviously the culprit-type character that people (well, at least me) were just waiting for the reveal, then the plot started to get thicker, and maybe it wouldn't be so obvious, but then it got super obvious, and suddenly he became Adlet's best bro forever, and he's such a nice character that now I don't want him to be the seventh, which would make it interesting if he was, they actually managed to make me care about him first, so it would be a shame to see the situation where he would have to be put down.

Cornbread78

Eureka 7 ep.11-13:
Yup, pink haired girl is definitely the enemy. That was a crazy sequence in there that makes no sense, but it sounds like both Eureka and Anima have relations to Renton and his sister somehow. Man, the plot thickens...

I'm going to add an important note about Rokka, and that's that it's dangerous to take things you see and hear at face value. It's good to suspect any information you hear if it isn't independently verified by either your own observations or another character

Gbraga

I'm going to add an important note about Rokka, and that's that it's dangerous to take things you see and hear at face value. It's good to suspect any information you hear if it isn't independently verified by either your own observations or another character

I was actually considering going back to their first meeting to see if Nachetanya was telling the truth about him, but I'm too lazy :C

Did you check it yourself?

kewlmyc

Honestly, at this point, if you go back and rewatch Rokka from the start, it might make the truth easier to figure out. Well, part of it at least.

I was actually considering going back to their first meeting to see if Nachetanya was telling the truth about him, but I'm too lazy :C

Did you check it yourself?

Yes I did, after seeing it pointed out on ANN

We never actually see a scene where Hans calls Nachetanya princess. That said, there is one gap in time we don't see at all between the introduction and them meeting, since after that spinning conversation at the end of episode 4, episode 5 starts with Adlet and Hans testing out the barrier to make sure they were actually trapped

Im pretty sure that the show has been sprinkling tiny clues all over the place, we just haven't been paying enough attention. I don't want to go back precisely because of that, I like that right now I don't have a single clue as to who the hec the baddie is

duckroll

Snow White with the Red Hair - Episode 10

I'm getting a bit tired of the typical "lords are all evil selfish people except the great righteous rulers like Zen" crap. At least they've introduced a new character and another location in the kingdom now. Not sure why the girl was so trusting of Shirayuki though. If she thought that everyone in the capital was an enemy, why would she trust this strange girl who clearly works closely with the prince?! Lol. Well, at least -that- thing finally happened at the end of the episode. :p

Snow White with the Red Hair - Episode 10

I'm getting a bit tired of the typical "lords are all evil selfish people except the great righteous rulers like Zen" crap. At least they've introduced a new character and another location in the kingdom now. Not sure why the girl was so trusting of Shirayuki though. If she thought that everyone in the capital was an enemy, why would she trust this strange girl who clearly works closely with the prince?! Lol. Well, at least -that- thing finally happened at the end of the episode. :p

Because of the red hair and protagonist status.

Lol no, in the beginning she didn't know that they were close remember? And she even said, since she had come into the castle Shirayuki was the first person to talk to her. Plus Shirayuki being another girl and being nice, she probably just found her to be likeable enough.

Gbraga

Yes I did, after seeing it pointed out on ANN

We never actually see a scene where Hans calls Nachetanya princess. That said, there is one gap in time we don't see at all between the introduction and them meeting, since after that spinning conversation at the end of episode 4, episode 5 starts with Adlet and Hans testing out the barrier to make sure they were actually trapped

Ooooh, the plot thickens.

Cornbread78

Eureka 7 ep. 11-16:
Man, this has gotten pretty crazy with all the dream sequences and pink haired girl. They spent the entire ep. 14 as a review as well. Also, the visit to uncles house and the health kick episode made no sense, other than to show Renton pilot the Nirvosh for the first time on his own.

Eureka 7 ep. 11-16:
Man, this has gotten pretty crazy with all the dream sequences and pink haired girl. They spent the entire ep. 14 as a review as well. Also, the visit to uncles house and the health kick episode made no sense, other than to show Renton pilot the Nirvosh for the first time on his own.

So, here's the thing.

tumblr_mqwr0t2egh1rydwbvo1_500.gif

You might like Anemone by the end of the series, more than you like Renton and Eureka.

phaze

Nice writeup.
Everyone heed those words.

I think to some degree I wasn't too bothered with some of the characters getting a bit shafted the second half because it can feel a bit more natural and I don't get the sense that checkhov's gun is at place, where everything happening is vital. Can be quite beneficial to the world building and authenticity, which the first half did well at I'd say. However, that's always a careful balance and I can see your point and agree with it to some degree of course.

The middle episodes sure were some strange ones. All of episode 12 was pretty much a somewhat neat recreation of a certain, well known The Simpsons (and later Futurama) episode. While nice on its own, I don't think I liked the inclusion thereof within the overall story. Especially since it gave the illegals some questionable attributes.

I really liked Fumie especially and after alluding so much to Daichi's attraction to her expected bit more on that front. ;(

I think my favorite aspect about this show is the design of the cleanup 'entities' (programs really). The juxtaposition of seeing these overly cutely designed and voiced Sacchis firing all destroying laser beams or deploying destructive "Kyuu-Chans" is too good. It's sort of unsettling and makes you ponder if it isn't a bit extreme...but then you have to remind yourself that this is just taking place in the virtual reality, with mostly the glasses at stake.

I liked how that smile dissapeared during the "berserker mode".

Haibane Renmei 01
My list of worthwhile shows to watch, one that I set out more than a year ago to finish, will finally be cleansed. Yay.

I've watched Texhnolyze and Lain out of stuff with Abe's character designs so far but I didn't even realise he also wrote stuff.

Also, for some reason I've always thought this show was called Haribane, not Haibane Renmei.
Don't have much to say about the episode itself, the setting is still really vague, my first obvious assumption was that they were in some sort of purgatory but given that they need to manually attach their aureoles(lol), the probability of that lessened a bit. Will wait till I see the citizens of the nearby town before passing the judgement. One thing stands out even now is the stellar music. Oh and that scene with the wings growing out of Rakka's body was pretty damn gruesome.

Cornbread78

So, here's the thing.

You might like Anemone by the end of the series, more than you like Renton and Eureka.

we'll see, but as of right now, she is evil, evil, evil...

I mean, this is one of the first images we get of her, before they all get pulled into that dream world as she is trying to kill Eureka and Renton

tumblr_n35bgnMNgu1r9ypqlo1_400.gif

Also, Renton is finally growing up a little bit, but he needs to stop being such a whiny bit(h all the time. Eureka also still has no personality (obviously, she is some kind of
alien lifeform,
but...

Oh well, still about 34 episodes to go, so I'm sure we will get some relationship development and character growth along the way..

Cornbread78

I just need to find a fun school time comedy to balance out all the craziness I've been watching lately. I totally miss Nisekoi and or Saekano right now.... Something just mindless and fun.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Overlord - 10

Shalltear is bae. She crushed the hopes and dreams of that fool. I felt bad for him.

blurr

Yep there's a good chance you'll like Anemone more than Renton and Eureka. I did.

Haibane Renmei 01

My list of worthwhile shows to watch, one that I set out more than a year ago to finish, will finally be cleansed. Yay.

I've watched Texhnolyze and Lain out of stuff with Abe's character designs so far but I didn't even realise he also wrote stuff.

Also, for some reason I've always thought this show was called Haribane, not Haibane Renmei.
Don't have much to say about the episode itself, the setting is still really vague, my first obvious assumption was that they were in some sort of purgatory but given that they need to manually attach their aureoles(lol), the probability of that lessened a bit. Will wait till I see the citizens of the nearby town before passing the judgement. One thing stands out even now is the stellar music. Oh and that scene with the wings growing out of Rakka's body was pretty damn gruesome.

Oooohh! someone watching Haibane!

Although I sport a Monogatari avatar, Haibane is my personal favorite of all time. The setting is definitely vague but honestly that's not the point of the show. I'll just leave it at that.

phaze

You are in beast mode in the last weeks. Mushishi, Dennu Coil, Texnholyze, Haibane Renmei?
Good choices.

And Brynhildr and Mirai Nikki. I know, my taste is impeccable.

As most of my choices are just picks from yours and Jexhius' rec lists (thanks for them!) it's no wonder you find them appealing. ;P

I just need to find a fun school time comedy to balance out all the craziness I've been watching lately. I totally miss Nisekoi and or Saekano right now.... Something just mindless and fun.

D-Frag ? I think you've started it at some point but I don't recall you finishing it.

Sölf

Overlord 10
Well, not exactly what I excpected after hearing "Shaltear Bloodfallen has revolted". But this is also quite awesome. Also shows that, while all characters from Nazarick are pretty awesome, even they can be defeated (well, at least that's true for the lesser ones).

Go watch Ben-To.
Ben-To was meh. Watched it because the story sounded retarded enough to be pretty funny. But I don't know, after finished it I thought "Well, yeah, you can watch that, but you also don't miss out if you don't do that."

javac

New Artwork
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya: Season 1: Collector's Edition
Release Date: 2nd November 2015
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Subtitles: English
Run Time: 275 min
Format: BD (£36.00), DVD (£24.99)
Contains Episodes 1-10 and the bonus OVA with both an English dub and Japanese original with subtitles on Blu-Ray in Collectors Packaging with a booklet.
Extras:
  • Clean Opening
  • Clean Closing
  • Bonus OVA episode
u2egUYO.jpg

rV6iu4q.jpg
Is this that dirty ass show, because if it is, it should be rated higher than 12! I don't think it is the same series, thankfully. Fun Fact: As far as I'm aware, they (Anime Limited) only got this title because the license came bundled with another.

phaze

^ It is that show. But it's the first season which I think was more mild ?

Speaking of which I checked out last episode of Ilya (extended title) and wasn't very impressed with the action therein.

----

Rokka needs to crash and burn quickly so that I can be spared from actually having to check it out.

Cornbread78

Ok, time for a final vote so I can make sure we will have enough followers for the next "Let's Watch"

We've narrowed it down to two choices bashed on interest. (we will do 1 after the other) This will be a 3 week session to watch the full anime, so now is your time to vote since the thread will go up on Monday 9/14 and viewing will start on 9/15.

Here are the contenders:

Blast of Tempest:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest

Synopsis:
One day, a sorceress princess was stuffed into a barrel and banished.
One day, a single girl was suddenly murdered, and the culprit still runs free.
And one day, a battle spanning time and space over magic and revenge began!
Sanity and madness, sense and intelligence, self-confidence and convictions.
The tragic tale of this irrational world starts now.

The Kusaribe family is a family of sorcerers under the protection of the "Tree of Origins". Their princess, Hakaze Kusaribe, was the greatest sorceress of their family. But Samon Kusaribe, a member of their family seeking to resurrect the "Tree of World's End", a tree that opposes the "Tree of Origins" and controls the power of destruction, stuffs her into a barrel, and banishes her to a deserted island. From the deserted island, she sends a message out to sea, which is picked up by Mahiro Fuwa, a young boy who's sworn vengeance upon the criminal who killed his little sister, Aika. Mahiro agrees to help Hakaze under the condition that she find Aika's killer with her magic. But once Mahiro's best friend and Aika's lover, Yoshino Takigawa is rescued from danger, he too gets dragged into this tale of revenge.

Samurai Flamenco:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/19365/Samurai_Flamenco

Synopsis
Masayoshi Hazama: a man who has become a superhero "by himself" with no superhuman powers or any sort of high-tech conversions, NONE!!

Hidenori Goto: a cop who found out the true identity of "the superhero" by a strange twist of fate and thus constantly gets in trouble thanks to Hazama, the superhero.

This is the story of the birth of a true hero featuring these two young men with a touch of comedy and serious drama, while they come face to face with hardships as they search for the true meaning of becoming a hero of justice in this world!

The reviews heavily lean towards Blast of Tempest, but from those same reviews, Samurai Flemenco is a very "Love it of Hate it" series. I also have a question for those that have seen SF, is there a large BL/Yuri component to it, because there are some pretty crazy pictures online, but no gifs.... We will go with majority rules from here, ToonamiGAF and from the current watch thread. Just want as many followers as possible to keep this going, so if you haven't watched the one that wins yet, join the hell in will ya, lol!

Again, we will probably just run these to back to back, but I want to get the one out there more people want first, then the second one right after.

Still need more responses. I want to make sure more peeps join in.

Sölf

Also regarding this, D-Frag! is parody and insanity, not sure if that fills the bill. Maybe just School Rumble? It's old, but one of my favorites. Even though I still hate them for not producing a real third season. ;____;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom