• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansoku

This community is like Another in that there is "a extra seat" for someone who should be dead and people will keep dying until you guys find who it is.

Gvitor

MGSV is pretty much an anime, so we can discuss it here? =P

---
Clannad After Story 1-6

Weird arc. Does every character in this show need to have a tragic background? Also what's up with that kid
being a cat
lol The scene where the old class rep said something like "I'm gonna play with you tonight" was all kinds of wrong in my head.

And there's no way in hell Mei didn't realize Sunohara's "girlfriend" was
Nagisa's mother
in the first second.

They could abandon the weird robot scenes altogether also. I gave them a pass in season 1 because they actually used it in the end, but it was really boring and I'm not seeing how they can make it useful again without being repetitive.

Here's hoping this gets better soon. I really enjoyed the first one. I'm liking After Story, but so far nothing really happened? That's also how I feel about MGSV btw lol

Cornbread78

MGSV is pretty much an anime, so we can discuss it here? =P

---
Clannad After Story 1-6

Weird arc. Does every character in this show needs to have a tragic background? Also what's up with that kid
being a cat
lol The scene where the old class rep said something like "I'm gonna play with you tonight" was all kinds of wrong in my head.

And there's no way in hell Mei didn't realize Sunohara's "girlfriend" was
Nagisa's mother
in the first second.

They could abandon the weird robot scenes altogether also. I gave them a pass in season 1 because they actually used it in the end, but it was really boring and I'm not seeing how they can make it useful again without being repetitive.

Here's hoping this gets better soon. I really enjoyed the first one. I'm liking After Story, but so far nothing really happened? That's also how I feel about MGSV btw lol

Oh, the robots aren't going anywhere, pay attention. Also, do yourself the favor and marathon ep. 16 -END. You are almost there man, keep going.

Maken-Ki! Two - 07

No surprise the best episode yet is with focus on Himegami and is greatness incarnate. An innocent teddy bear toy turns out to be a perverted deceiving slick shagmeister, with a heart of gold and voiced by Ishizuka Unshou.
Great reactions, "twists", and the animation was too good for this show. Rudolf for president! Fuck Takeru (who we haven't even seen for like two episodes? not that I'm complaining), this is the male MC we deserve.

UEL0A7K.jpg
zEtWYFa.jpg

10/10 Xebec gods

Mailbox

This community is like Another in that there is "a extra seat" for someone who should be dead and people will keep dying until you guys find who it is.
And you never guess who it is until all is said and done because you were never Privy to the real rules

AnimeGAF, nyanpasu, what was that episode 10? Oh my god, OH MY GOD. Kaede and Ren-chon are the cutest in the universe, I love Non Non Biyori so much, I hope we get a third season and I hope the episode 10 is again Kaede X Ren-chon stuff. This anime cleans my soul, man, just watching an episode can completely change my mood for the better :')

I love Renge and Candy Store episodes. Renge is such a trooper. Fell down hundreds of times and despite getting scratches all over she just shrugged it off and kept on trying until she got it right.

Non Non Biyori is probably the only other slice of life (aside from Nichijou) that I've watched an episode multiple times. They're so well done and get so much across in one scene that many other series can't get across in multiple episodes.

Cornbread78

Monster Musume ep.10
Wow, that scene with the tree girl, Suu and Popi. Rachnea's closing scene was hilarious as well, just holy lewdness, wow. Darling is the best harem MC not named Gadou.

GATE GATE GATE...GATE is great. Are you folks diggin this show so far? Pretty sure i'm late to the party on this one but really enjoying it.

Anime-GAF! I need your help finding an anime image!!!
Description!:
A tall dark haired girl is sitting on top an old Dodge Charger that has an electric cable.
There is a large wind turbine in the background
Flowing green hills in the background

Any leads would be super appreciated. Thanks XD

Jarmel

Banned
Railgun S 17-24
http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/9435af965f0643124abf2480b3f11cc5.webm
This was cool as fuck with the electric guitars in the background.
I hate the Index franchise as it's either boring during the downtimes or it has too much stupid technobabble that make it a pain to follow along. I'm not a huge fan of the Raildex franchise either as too many parts of it are 'cute girls doing cute things'. The characters in general other Mikoto and Kuroko are boring as dirt. The girls don't really have much chemistry together other than flipping skirts. I'm also not a fan of many of the serious arcs as they tend to drag on and the villains are insane in the most dull way possible.
c4giVZ2.jpg
zCH4qP4.jpg

8SnuHvj.jpg
Kxczdjb.jpg

I see the writer checked out.
That's my major problem with this arc in that they turn something that should have been maybe three episodes max and extend over 6 episodes. Shit is painful. Also as seen above, the dialogue and characterization of the new characters is atrocious. This is a serious letdown after coming from the Sisters arc which is the best in all of the To Aru franchises. That arc had a tangible amount of desperation and there was good characterization of all the major players that made it fleshed out. Here you have the boring scientist villain who was laughably evil for shits and giggles. I mean for fuck's sake you have the villains sitting in a dark room doing nothing but smirking and plotting. This arc reminded me why I dropped Railgun S in the first place and why I hated the Railgun series. The serious drama at times can be awful. I'm sure part of that is due to the anime original content compared to the source material but fuck I wish it wasn't so painful to watch.
ndKRL2A.jpg

Oh...

So that's what they mean when they say playing with your snake.
The climaxes though are almost always well done in the franchise. Despite my grievances with the arc, the finale is still pretty cool. You have Railgun going into the upper atmosphere where she punches a mech into a missile. It did get a bit overbearing though for them to use THREE OP songs. I can understand using one for a climatic moment but come on. I did appreciate the team effort aspect even if it is cliche.
I understand I'm not the target audience for this stuff so I probably won't watch a third season if it comes out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like how she does a mahou shoujo pose during the powering up.

Even in the ionosphere. fanservice.

Anime-GAF! I need your help finding an anime image!!!
Description!:
A tall dark haired girl is sitting on top an old Dodge Charger that has an electric cable.
There is a large wind turbine in the background
Flowing green hills in the background

Any leads would be super appreciated. Thanks XD

It's going to be really hard to find that but someone might be able to.

Charlotte 01-10

So I caught up on Charlotte and... well..., yeah. I seriously think Jun Maeda (this is the same guy who wrote Angel Beats and co-wrote Clannad, etc.) is an idea guy rather than story/narrative guy, like a minor George Lucas of anime (not as bad obviously).

Atleast with Angel Beats the show had an idea what it wanted to be and stayed on that path for the most part, in contrast Charlotte is fucking all over the place. We went from a comedic detective-esque story to sudden drama of
Ayumi dieing, and time shenanigans to prevent said death scenario ala Clannad (or Steins;Gate)
not to mention portrayal of said arc in Episode 10 didn't make logical sense in that
how the hell did Yu find the specific school girl who instigated the event in the first place (sure as fucking hell the older brother wasn't there to see).

But hey I like the OP and the design of key characters (Nao ftw).

88659791cafd4c648cf91bf81a224e7faf11c791_hq.gif

But yeah, 3 episodes left, no idea what to expect and so far this show has conditioned me not to expect anything.

I fully expect some butterfly effects in the next few episodes.

Also that gif is great.

And we still don't know who the hell is Charlotte.

Eh, I expect a extremely poor man's Steins;Gate in the next few episodes, NO, no expectations, expectations only make you sadder/more dissapointed in the end. As for Charlotte idgaf as Nao is the only character worth being invested in the show over imo.

JulianImp

Bakemonogatari 03

so this is just a show about a guy being verbally abused by an assortment of animal themed women?

No, because there's also Kaiki, a guy who can outrun Kanbaru, tricks just about the whole cast and can hold his own in a conversation with Gahara (more or less).

I like that analogy... well, except for the part where we'd eventually begin to get each other banned while trying to get the right person to leave.

Sölf

There's a bit of a problem with Arslan, in that I feel Silvermask/
Hermes
is more of a character than the actual titular character.

Silver Mask's motivations make more sense than Arslan's.

Considering the source material, does this still follow the original novels? Or has it turned into something else by now?

Sölf;178038401 said:
Considering the source material, does this still follow the original novels? Or has it turned into something else by now?

They're still following the novels.

Hard to say if they're gonna have an anime ending or not though.

Jarmel

Banned
Selector Infected WIXOSS-1
Holy shit. I mean I knew about the Pablo backgrounds but why didn't anyone tell me that the character animation was this good? I know it's the first episode but this really took me by surprise. There was also a lot of good morph beam effects which I wasn't expecting. The show looks much better than I anticipated.
O1l1bwd.jpg
MlyN535.jpg

UT7PAZk.jpg
RVJwetz.jpg

This isn't foreboding as fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkk
So something I found intriguing with this episode is the color palette used. Ever since I watched that film analysis on color, I've tried to be more diligent in my perception of how color is used in a work. For example in the top left image, there is a sickly green color used which might mean the infection of WIXOSS taking over the city. In addition, Ruko is wearing a blood red sweater which leads into the blood red eye catch. Both of which are foreboding in of themselves but could also mean Ruko is in danger. When Ruko wakes out of the nightmare, the colors are faded which imply the world she lives in, is losing its luster.
jYKOzWO.jpg
JmMMh7o.jpg

About as subtle as a sledgehammer to your balls.
YOU NEVER EVER TRUST ANY PERSON OR THING SAYING IT WILL GRANT ANY WISH OF YOURS. NEVER EVER. Ruko is getting rushed into this by Tama and Yuzuki. I liked how dirty Yuzuki was in that she wasn't even going to bother explaining the rules to Ruko. Damn, that's bordering on outright cheating. Of course I fully expect Tama to be perfectly capable of talk and is only pretending to be stupid. Any time something is cute and trying to rush you into something can only mean you're going to end up losing some body parts in an ice water bath in a sleazy motel room. Ruko is the perfect Okada play tool for Okada to turn into mince meat.
89KiGYU.jpg

Legit shook in the first episode? Oh boy she's gonna have a ride.
I thought this was going to be a slow ride into crazy town but instead it's much closer to Madoka's opening episode. There's just so many warning signs blaring in my head.

John Blade

Writing my impression of Ghost Stories. Will post it up in a day or so. So much to discuss about this show. Don't know where to start so, I just type what I feel about it right now. Hope it make sense when I finish it and edit it down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom