• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
New Artwork

Is this that dirty ass show, because if it is, it should be rated higher than 12! I don't think it is the same series, thankfully. Fun Fact: As far as I'm aware, they (Anime Limited) only got this title because the license came bundled with another.

Not explicitly creepy like say, TLRD, but the creepy subtext is all over the place. It's also not actually good.

Sölf

@Cornbread:
I am currently watching Tempest, have seen 14/24 so far and it's pretty good. I myself prefer Samurai Flamenco, but yeah, after Episode 7 you basically either think it's the biggest bullshit in recent history or you just love it. I am one of the latter and I am pretty happy about it, because the show only becomes better after that part for what it wants to be.

And no, there is no heavy BL/Yuri. At least I wouldn't call it that. Whatever that exactly is... xD

Mailbox

What exactly is this Let's Watch thing? I'd be down for rewatching Samurai Flamenco. It outkojimas Metal Gear.

It's where cornbread and a few others watch a specific anime over a couple of weeks.

Right now it's Sunday without God.

There's a thread (oddly not in this OP, but was in the last)

phaze

Yep there's a good chance you'll like Anemone more than Renton and Eureka. I did.

Oooohh! someone watching Haibane!

Although I sport a Monogatari avatar, Haibane is my personal favorite of all time. The setting is definitely vague but honestly that's not the point of the show. I'll just leave it at that.

Well I certainly hope that I will feel similarly about it.

Why don't you want nice things?

Nice things don't sport such hideous character designs.

Ok, time for a final vote so I can make sure we will have enough followers for the next "Let's Watch"

Samurai Flamenco is like the PERFECT show for a lets watch. With Tempest, you get what you see. With Samurai Flamenco, expectations are CONSTANTLY being crushed and it has led to some amazing reactions. More than School Days, more than Gakkou Gurashi, more than everything in the history of anime; it is impossible to predict.

Just make sure people know to keep with it until episode 7 regardless of how they feel prior to that.

JulianImp

What exactly is this Let's Watch thing? I'd be down for rewatching Samurai Flamenco. It outkojimas Metal Gear.

We watch an episode per day of a lesser-known anime, and one one show's done we move on to the next. So far Humanity has Declined, The Eccentric Family and Sunday Without God (which is what we're watching now) have been chosen, and Cornbread's trying to settle which one we'll watch once we're done with KamiNichi by the start of next week. I'd say it's a really cool way to watch shows I might have ignored otherwise.

Anyway, I've caught up on Rokka and Charlotte, and I've got to say that while the former keeps looking strong, the latter has already crashed and burned so hard I'm only watching it to get done with it (kind of like what I did with SAO).

Naschetanya suddenly showing signs of having developed the Hinamizawa syndrome was certainly unexpected, but I guess that's going to make things more fun now. Goldov hasn't done a single relevant thing so far, Catman looks like a nice guy now that we've seen more of him in comparison to how he was basically tripping all over the "I'm the 7th" flags at first, Chamot's childish cruelty's certainly convincing, and Flamie was just a broken girl who wanted to believe in someone. These guys don't look like they could be the 7th to me so far... On the other hand, Maura has been manipulating the others in overly conspicuous ways for a while, and Naschetania has suddenly gone batshit crazy after she finally bought that Adlet.

The way everybody's acting makes it hard to see just who's the one making the rest dance around like puppets, which is commendable for a show that seemed like the adventures of a generic RPG party at first glance.

Ok, time for a final vote so I can make sure we will have enough followers for the next "Let's Watch"

We've narrowed it down to two choices bashed on interest. (we will do 1 after the other) This will be a 3 week session to watch the full anime, so now is your time to vote since the thread will go up on Monday 9/14 and viewing will start on 9/15.

Here are the contenders:

Blast of Tempest:

Choose BLast of Tempest, for Mahiro.
tumblr_mhvrgxBNTg1qbxqfpo1_500.png

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nice things don't sport such hideous character designs.
The base design for Rokka's stuff that lies back in the light novel roots is actually alright.
Some stuff doesn't translate to anime that well though. Rokka is a very ugly show on a technical level though so I dunno if the designs are the make or break point.

Exalted

Overlord Episode 10

Not enough skeleton screen time in this episode. All those subjects and minions are really not that interesting compared to the MC.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

We've narrowed it down to two choices bashed on interest. (we will do 1 after the other) This will be a 3 week session to watch the full anime, so now is your time to vote since the thread will go up on Monday 9/14 and viewing will start on 9/15.

Here are the contenders:
Samurai Flamenco

Samurai Flamenco. It has to be this way.
I can at least guarantee the viewer reaction will be hilarious.

The base design for Rokka's stuff that lies back in the light novel roots is actually alright.

Some stuff doesn't translate to anime that well though. Rokka is a very ugly show on a technical level though so I dunno if the designs are the make or break point.

That's, like, clothes! in Rokka! What is this!?

Woah I'm a big fan of this design for Flamie. My eyes kinda got used to how she looks in the anime and I don't even think twice when I see her now, but some clothes would be nice lol.

John Blade

I can't believe I am doing this, but I will be watching Final Fantasy Advent Children. Did watch a bit when u release in Japan but kinda stop and jump to watch the action scene. Going to watch it all the way and see if it hold up today or not.

Monmusu 10

What the fuck

Nutrients are good for you kids I guess.

Still, what the fuck

------------------

Fuck me, Darling-kun even saved that devil girl from the boar, I love harem nice Harem MC's, it's my favorite archetype

The Phantom Pain PROLOGUE

Idk wtf I just witnessed, but it was awesome lol. There's blood, and fire, and flying animals and people on fire. Metal Gear as fuck.

no idea why people liked that hospital part

it was twice as long as it needed to be, crawling around got boring fast and not-volgin and not-psycho mantis show up multiple times to do the same thing you saw before, then the plot vanishes from the game for 20 hours

at least it was well directed and had good sound design, makes me sad silent hills will never happen

i think i turned on this game faster then i did with 4

it was twice as long as it needed to be, crawling around got boring fast and not-volgin and not-psycho mantis show up multiple times to do the same thing you saw before, then the plot vanishes from the game for 20 hours

Just skip all the cutscenes, the game is better without them.

Idk the whole thing was a trip and a half lol. Like wtf is up with that Ishmael anyway and why does he sound like me. I thought it was cool. I heard the plot in this one is pretty much done over tapes that you pick up

phaze

Monmusu 10

What the fuck

Nutrients are good for you kids I guess.

Still, what the fuck

------------------

Fuck me, Darling-kun even saved that devil girl from the boar, I love harem nice Harem MC's, it's my favorite archetype

Did he get permed ? Wasn't even in this thread I think. With him and Save 'n Quit banned this summer season killed off all the lewd in the thread.

Maken-Ki! Two - 06

More enjoyable than I thought it was going to be, knowing it was going to be Uruchi focused episode.
Some fun reactions and expressions from her. Also this is the second time today I witness eels finding their way onto womens bodies.

Narag

Sölf;178007372 said:
It just shows that we need new blood in here.

new blood for the blood god

at least it was well directed and had good sound design, makes me sad silent hills will never happen

It got the MGS dumb (cool) shit quota out of the way early so I could revel in this gameplay heaven.

Squishy3

it's a pretty bad intro, but at least let the legend come back to life is really good. it's just your standard scripted intro sequence most games have nowadays. it should have been way shorter.

i think if ground zeroes wasn't cut out of the game it would've been structured like hospital sequence (considering the hospital sequence was the first thing we ever even saw of MGSV) > WHOA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, flashback to camp omega infiltration, then it goes right into "NOW LET THE LEGEND COME BACK TO LIFE"

John Blade

Sölf;178007372 said:
It just shows that we need new blood in here.

Unfortunately, every time they is new blood here, someone get kill. I keep a low profile here so I won't be the next blood lust here. Just posting my impression of show I watch and own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom