• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Punch Piece 709

Kinda boring episode till the end, get rekt Machvise.

Baby 5 is one of those characters who should be cooler than she actually is...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Working!!!

Yessssssssss Plot resolution is awesome.

Narag

00:08
Zp4pQBNl.png
Another Yutaro Kubo experimental short that I feel far too underequipped to properly appreciate.

Hidamari Sketch x365 11
And so the mystery of room 203 is revealed.

Rokka no Yuusha 1
Premise is whatever but I'm in it for the character intrigue since impressions the past few weeks have made it sound like that much delivers. Setting and its associated art is really nice.

Rokka no Yuusha 2
Ep was mostly just Adlet & Ashetania talking & travellling and it was great for that, leaving the big hook for the end.

Shigurui 3
holy shit at the mill pounding away :lol Kogan putting his sword in Gonza's mouth though? Sickening. Everything about this show is so wonderfully grotesque.

Rokka 11

Ahh I missed the plot thread about the
saint of the sun
which was hinted at so good on them, I was basically right on the rest of the 7ths plan, and next week will prove I'm right on the 7th as well
Nachetanya's reactions to certain things give her away.

Cornbread78

Rokka 11
Ahh I missed the plot thread about the
saint of the sun
which was hinted at so good on them, I was basically right on the rest of the 7ths plan, and next week will prove I'm right on the 7th as well
Nachetanya's reactions to certain things give her away.

It makes you want to rewatch the first two episodes again and catch stuff said that you may not remember.

DEATH™;178560752 said:
Just saw this post on Tumblr...
DAT ATTENTION TO DETAIL...
When will he notice her???

No idea, but her face is so similar to Umaru... Big bro needs a woman in his life as well as lil' sis.. But, they are
childhood friends
as we just found out, so....

Considering that even people in the show confuse her as a lil girl, yeah.

Yeah, but she is a sexually frustrated, 960 year old loli though, lol.

Gate - 11

Nothing happened.

Okay I shouldn't say that, but nothing of interest happened imo.

Charlotte - 11

WHOO WE KNOW WHO CHARLOTTE IS!

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Basically what was wrong in this episode and series in general. The show never gave me a reason to get attached to any character beyond superficial reasons, but it assumes I am. Thus the deaths of these characters
first Ayumi, then Kuragami
have no effect on me.

This episode decided to introduce more characters who I'm even less attached to and throws in drama surrounding them... this feels like a poor man's Angel Beats.

Whatever, Nao
is alive and had some weird underwear scene for no real purpose (classic anime fanservice)
so I'm happy. 2 more episodes to go!

So this may be off topic but how do you guys feel about Kanye West running for president in 2020?

At least he likes Akira anime lol. Yeah U.S will turn to shit if he actually wins.

Wait people still seriously consider
...Goldov...
to potentially be the 7th? Let's get real here if that character was the 7th
there would be zero reason for him to suggest keeping Adlet alive to extract information
also you can take the fact the character got minimal development two ways to make them more interesting in the future
1: make him the 7th or 2: make Nachetanya the chick he's hard for and his master the 7th
and really the former seemingly doesn't give the character a chance to develop considering they'll either be killed or sent away from the group to go be evil later down the road.

I'm telling you guys, Goldov is actually the truest hero of Rokka.

He wants to get it on with the sexy
crazy
bunny lady.

We've all wanted to get with at least one of those things.

Hyouka - 15

Well, the culprit's motivations for this mystery should certainly be interesting. I mean, what's the purpose of stealing random things in such a specific order?

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 39 (endDub)
COwApKpWIAEmrer.png
COwBTupWgAA_kRu.png

Its amazing how Taiyo can keep avoiding Chrono's friendship, I would have immediately ditched United Empire for Chrono (though Ibuki is there so maybe I too would have struggled). Good episode, I cant wait to see how Taiyo levels up, additionally Chrono's level up was great.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I just watched Charlotte. I'm screaming internally.

On a side note, what's TUSR's new waifu? I must know the anime she comes from.

Shouta

Rory is killing me with these advances on Itami and then setting him up to get beat up by the
dark elf
Looks like they are going to go have to kick some
dragon
ass next week again. This should be awesome..

That's gonna be a little a bit. There's actually quite a lot of stuff that happens before then but it's worth it. Not gonna spoil what exactly though.

On that note, I'm a little disappointed that they really cut some of the stuff in this. I was expecting a bit more but I guess it wouldn't make sense to explain what happened in more detail between last ep and this ep, lol.

I'm probably gonna crucify myself and get put on a couple watch lists, but I was throwing some shit around in my head and had to write some of it out.

I think Rory from GATE might be the only 10,000 year old Loli that...doesn't actually bug me or make me feel uncomfortable. And I think it's all in how she's written and presented. To be fair, I haven't watched much of the show and am mainly just a manga reader (due to the show censoring so much shit) so it may be a bit different in the show, but her characterization and the way she handles herself never makes me feel like she's an underage kid. She never acts or says anything that someone her visual age would say and has been consistent in the manner in which she speaks, how she holds her drink, how she reacts to the things in the Japanese world. It's never done with moe in mind or to make her appear to be this experienced and ancient demi-god that drops that facet as soon as it calls for cuteness or fan-service. Even when it gets fan-servicey or sexual she controls that situation and is the aggressor, her entire attitude during the hot spring episode is a domineering one full of strength and control. It's so weird to me that it didn't bother me even a little bit like it normally would and instead I was rooting for them to fuck since I like her character so much and the interactions with the MC just feel the most natural and strongest.

It doesn't hurt that her body is less of a "looks 12" and more of a "looks like Kuroneko from Oreimo" which allows a generous sliding scale on what her visual age actually looks like. That doesn't mean it isn't a bit fishy or awkward but it isn't like some Nowi from Fire Emblem stuff.

I dunno. I just really enjoy Rory a lot and that's unusual for me and I was trying to figure out why. I guess the fact that she's called "rori" is a bit of an amusing point as well.

Her form is used mostly as a contrast to her attitude which is part of the reason why it works. Most 1000 year old-whatevers are just an excuse for it where it has a real purpose for Rory's character. It also helps almost everyone is scared shit-less of her.

Russ T

Banned
I'm probably gonna crucify myself and get put on a couple watch lists, but I was throwing some shit around in my head and had to write some of it out.

I think Rory from GATE might be the only 10,000 year old Loli that...doesn't actually bug me or make me feel uncomfortable. And I think it's all in how she's written and presented. To be fair, I haven't watched much of the show and am mainly just a manga reader (due to the show censoring so much shit) so it may be a bit different in the show, but her characterization and the way she handles herself never makes me feel like she's an underage kid. She never acts or says anything that someone her visual age would say and has been consistent in the manner in which she speaks, how she holds her drink, how she reacts to the things in the Japanese world. It's never done with moe in mind or to make her appear to be this experienced and ancient demi-god that drops that facet as soon as it calls for cuteness or fan-service. Even when it gets fan-servicey or sexual she controls that situation and is the aggressor, her entire attitude during the hot spring episode is a domineering one full of strength and control. It's so weird to me that it didn't bother me even a little bit like it normally would and instead I was rooting for them to fuck since I like her character so much and the interactions with the MC just feel the most natural and strongest.

It doesn't hurt that her body is less of a "looks 12" and more of a "looks like Kuroneko from Oreimo" which allows a generous sliding scale on what her visual age actually looks like. That doesn't mean it isn't a bit fishy or awkward but it isn't like some Nowi from Fire Emblem stuff.

I dunno. I just really enjoy Rory a lot and that's unusual for me and I was trying to figure out why. I guess the fact that she's called "rori" is a bit of an amusing point as well.

FWIW, I feel the same way. I struggle to put it into words, but... yeah, basically what you said. Rory doesn't bother me much at all. I honestly really like her.

And it surprises me too because normally I am utterly repulsed by this kind of thing.

Cornbread78

That's gonna be a little a bit. There's actually quite a lot of stuff that happens before then but it's worth it. Not gonna spoil what exactly though.

On that note, I'm a little disappointed that they really cut some of the stuff in this. I was expecting a bit more but I guess it wouldn't make sense to explain what happened in more detail between last ep and this ep, lol.

Her form is used mostly as a contrast to her attitude which is part of the reason why it works. Most 1000 year old-whatevers are just an excuse for it where it has a real purpose for Rory's character. It also helps almost everyone is scared shit-less of her.

Well, did they skip anything good from the manga? Not bad hearing it since we know they aren't going back in time later in th series, lol.

They also use an older facial design for Rory, so it's only her physical body that appears young.

which animu is this?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/himouto-umaru-chan?utm_source=android&utm_campaign=socialshare

Caught up with Umaru-chan. And by caught up I mean I skipped all of the scenes that didn't directly involve the best character

4rF5oXZ.jpg

Being onii-chan is suffering. He's lovable, smart, has two girls crazy over him, and his sister largely treats him like shit even though he's nothing but sweet and loving towards her. The only times she's sweet towards him is when he's sad or sick.

Why this show isn't about him I'll never know. Anime needs more hard working awesome onii-chans

Mailbox

I'm telling you guys, Goldov is actually the truest hero of Rokka.

He wants to get it on with the sexy
crazy
bunny lady.

We've all wanted to get with at least one of those things.

I can't see it being nashetania anymore though.

This had to have been something that has been going on for months. Something that extremely meticulous and very personal. Nashetania has seen to be sheltered her whole life stating that everything is new to her (her later outburts makes sense when you consider how she acted when they first departed (basically stealing and fighting out of glee).

Goldov kinda makes sense for the plan, but his actions to allow aldet to even be alive at this point don't make sense.

Mora was a red herring. She isn't it.

It could be Hans, it makes sense, kinda.
But it also doesn't. It would be like a double red herring. He also seems to actually care about Adlet

its not Fremy (why does the sub say Flamey? which is correct?) thats for sure.

It could be chamot, but we see that she can't be that cunning. she thinks like a child and acts like a child w/o that the kind of foresight needed.

UGH.

My best bet.... is:
despite what i said, Nashetania. We've seen that she can speculate and be stern in her conversations with Goldov. It wouldn't actually surprise me if both Nashetania and Goldov were working together in some way.

I feel like i'm completely wrong though. (Just to clarify, its my best bet right now. I think its wrong, but i don't know who it would be other then them)

Hyouka - 15

Well, the culprit's motivations for this mystery should certainly be interesting. I mean, what's the purpose of stealing random things in such a specific order?

Starting to make real progress in the show. You're starting to get curious about everything just like Chitanda. Man... I wish there was a western Blu-Ray release but the world is just too cruel!!!

Shouta

Well, did they skip anything good from the manga? Not bad hearing it since we know they aren't going back in time later in th series, lol.

They also use an older facial design for Rory, so it's only her physical body that appears young.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/himouto-umaru-chan?utm_source=android&utm_campaign=socialshare

The beginning part of the episode is a little more detailed about what happened and why the town came up so fast as I recall then it's mostly bits and pieces of censoring here and there as the show is family friendly, at least compared to the manga, lol.

Quasar

Starting to make real progress in the show. Your starting to get curious about everything just like Chitanda. Man... I wish there was a western Blu-Ray release but the world is just too cruel!!!

Yeah. I don't buy much anime on disc, but this is right near the top of my want list.

Mailbox

Hyouka - 15

Starting to make real progress in the show. Your starting to get curious about everything just like Chitanda. Man... I wish there was a western Blu-Ray release but the world is just too cruel!!!

B7pd7ad.gif

The fact that Hyouka doesn't have a western BD release is terrible.
I'm still the only one mad about Kawai Complex being DvD only, but Hyouka hurts even more.

Kino's Journey 10

A little silly the old lady couldn't realize that she wasn't a robot. You'd think that the need to eat/drink would make her realize this. It's not specifically stated that she did these things but how else would she survive? The family's choice at the end makes sense for a robot. A machine can't reprogram a purpose unless you're Skynet.

kewlmyc

Caught up with Umaru-chan. And by caught up I mean I skipped all of the scenes that didn't directly involve the best character

4rF5oXZ.jpg

Being onii-chan is suffering. He's lovable, smart, has two girls crazy over him, and his sister largely treats him like shit even though he's nothing but sweet and loving towards her. The only times she's sweet towards him is when he's sad or sick.

Why this show isn't about him I'll never know. Anime needs more hard working awesome onii-chans

Sucks that she keeps lying to her friends about him, making him look worse than he actually is.

So I've never watched Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, but I've heard really mixed reaction to it.

Some people seem to really like it, but others really hate it.

Is there a reason why there's such division in how people view it? Is it not "Lupin" enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom