• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are still people around here who care about Happy Science, so here's the latest trailer for their new movie, The Laws of the Universe - Part 0.

So I've never watched Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, but I've heard really mixed reaction to it.

Some people seem to really like it, but others really hate it.

Is there a reason why there's such division in how people view it? Is it not "Lupin" enough?

The reason why I didn't like the Fujiko Mine series is because it was poorly and nonsensically directed and constructed, not because it wasn't "Lupin" enough.

Allow me to quote duckroll's final impressions of the show:

duckroll said:
Fujiko 13 - END

Bad. Really bad. It's kinda hilarious how this series basically completely fell apart and collapsed into a pile of shit from ep8 onwards. Before that it was mostly just boring, but in the second half the series really managed to somehow turn into an actively bad and offensive series by wallowing in self-important imagery and stupid plot developments. Every single aspect of the serious plot and all the revelations are terrible.

The last episode is like watching someone play a crappy JRPG and get to the final boss room where the villain spends 15 minutes of exposition on explaining all the plot twists and tying everything in the entire series together, explaining every reference and every piece of imagery. Not only is it childishly written, worse of all it isn't even entertaining or engaging. It's just dumb, contrived, and nonsensical.

This is terrible series and I will rather watch a 2 hour special on Ancient Aliens than ever think about this piece of trash again. The worst show this season by a country mile.

Charlotte - Episode 11
k9z3y.gif

Narag

Is there a reason why there's such division in how people view it? Is it not "Lupin" enough?

It never lives up to one would expect it to be, often going off the fucking rails because why not? Most of its terrible, handicapped by it's place in chronology so certain characters never "meet" or interact like one would expect from the franchise.
1, 2 & 5 are good eps though.

Cornbread78

Love the way they took care
of Gathered Fabric by using Anna against them as well
what a battle. Anna is a psychotic yandere, but is so much fun to watch in action, lol I was surprised we got a
confession from Kajou to Okuma
and that closing scene after the credits, holy shit is was dirty as hell, but had me in stiches, so funny.

Sword Art Online II 22

Oh God. They somehow made an AIDS episode that was more laughable than the Captain Planet one. And this isn't even getting into the really Mind numbing stupidity of this episode. Like how the Hospital didn't think to test donated blood for AIDS, which they've been doing for years, or how the hospital seemingly treats AIDS as if it's airborne, or why a future that has science magic VR still hasn't cured AIDS, or why a doctor was willing to give info to someone about a patient that they doxxed, or how Yuki can interact with the outside world while in the vr world. This show is just so stupid that we need to come up with a new word to describe its stupidity.

Mailbox

Sword Art Online II 22

Oh God. They somehow made an AIDS episode that was more laughable than the Captain Planet one. And this isn't even getting into the really Mind numbing stupidity of this episode. Like how the Hospital didn't think to test donated blood for AIDS, which they've been doing for years, or how the hospital seemingly treats AIDS as if it's airborne, or why a future that has science magic VR still hasn't cured AIDS, or why a doctor was willing to give info to someone about a patient that they doxxed, or how Yuki can interact with the outside world while in the vr world. This show is just so stupid that we need to come up with a new word to describe its stupidity.

While your other gripes make sense, the one about why AIDS hasn't been cured yet is bunk.

You can't expect 2 fields of science to progress in the same way in the same time.
In this case, the vrmmorpg stuff would be more relayed to medical neuroscience and information technology where as AIDS research is related to cell biology and studys of the human immune system.

I agree that stuff like "why didn't they check" "why are they giving info" and the like are stupid, yeah (although her communincation was probably something of a custom OS deal I guess).

Defuser

Charlotte ep 11
Kumagami getting tortured with his clothes on.

Nao gets tortured with her clothes off. What kind of distasteful fan service is this.

Juuuuuuun Maedaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Arslan 23

Arslan, what is up with your cape? Why is the top colored piss yellow? I think it was supposed to look stylish, but it doesn't. It looks silly.

See Hermes here looks ready to fight. Arslan looks ready for a silly ball.

Why are we still being introduced to new generals? Are these guys really gonna play an important part?

Xandes, I feel compelled to like you. Mainly because you feel like Berserk character.

Jeez, the animation is just completely falling apart here.

Hey, at least the episode ends on some plot advancement.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Arslan Senki Episode 23:

I remember this from the old OVA series, I think this was volume 3 and we are closing in on where that stopped. Also, I can see why this show is getting the Dynasty Warriors treatment.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
While your other gripes make sense, the one about why AIDS hasn't been cured yet is bunk.

You can't expect 2 fields of science to progress in the same way in the same time.
In this case, the vrmmorpg stuff would be more relayed to medical neuroscience and information technology where as AIDS research is related to cell biology and studys of the human immune system.

I agree that stuff like "why didn't they check" "why are they giving info" and the like are stupid, yeah (although her communincation was probably something of a custom OS deal I guess).

Okay, I will field this one as an issue here is they aren't just using AIDS they got some sort of Super AIDS going on and the linchpin of shit is on the handwave. They claim that this is a new strain of AIDS that is resistant to the cure. So they just ended up inventing bullshit anyway, bad science bullshit to deflect the question.

Nah, from the start it was clear this was going to be an alternative take on Lupin, so I don't think the different style was the problem. It just wasn't very good, except for maybe 3 episodes.

Okay, I will field this one as an issue here is they aren't just using AIDS they got some sort of Super AIDS going on and the linchpin of shit is on the handwave. They claim that this is a new strain of AIDS that is resistant to the cure. So they just ended up inventing bullshit anyway, bad science bullshit to deflect the question.

They could have chose other autoimmunediseases.

Shimoneta - 11

Unsurprisingly the plot of this show has become less and less stellar while regurgitating most of the jokes. Kinda losing interest.

Prison School - 10

Content is getting better, the presentation thereof, though, is still as mediocre as ever. Am not even sure I'd want to see a second season like this, one that we most likely wouldn't get anyways.

Shokugeki no Soma - 23

Once again greatness with some dumb looking fanservice.

I'll be honest, in Rokka I have no idea who the 7th is anymore. None of them look guilty to me anymore lol. Like it was mentioned before this seems like it was a plan that has been on going for a while.
Nachetania has been super sheltered and knows nothing about the world. She could have gotten Goldov to do the dirty work, but then why would he let Adlet live and explain himself when everyone was on his throat? Hans doesn't look to be the one either, he could have finished things a long time ago. Flamie (Fremy?) is the same. Also she was a suspect but Adlet already cleared all suspicions that were on her. That leaves us with Maura, which has been acting super fishy (loud red herring status) and Chamot which, let's be honest, wouldn't have the brains to do this whole thing even though she seems to be able to control the demons she has in her belly.

TLDR: I have no fucking clue as to who the 7th is and they all look innocent to me.

kewlmyc

I'll be honest, in Rokka I have no idea who the 7th is anymore. None of them look guilty to me anymore lol. Like it was mentioned before this seems like it was a plan that has been on going for a while.
Nachetania has been super sheltered and knows nothing about the world. She could have gotten Goldov to do the dirty work, but then why would he let Adlet live and explain himself when everyone was on his throat? Hans doesn't look to be the one either, he could have finished things a long time ago. Flamie (Fremy?) is the same. Also she was a suspect but Adlet already cleared all suspicions that were on her. That leaves us with Maura, which has been acting super fishy (loud red herring status) and Chamot which, let's be honest, wouldn't have the brains to do this whole thing even though she seems to be able to control the demons she has in her belly.

TLDR: I have no fucking clue as to who the 7th is and they all look innocent to me.

Think about how the barrier could be activated.

I'm pretty sure that whoever the 7th happens to be there's probably some plothole where he/she could've already killed off the cast, I mean even if the traitor takes out two or three Braves in some suprise attack he/she has already accomplished the job, it's not like they can beat that demon king person anymore if they lose half their numbers.

Maybe I should watch the ending before I make baseless claims though, I'm excited to see the reveal.

Ayumi

Madoka Magica 03-07

Halfway through already?! It feels like things just got started, although I am enjoying this a lot.

P.S. Should I watch the movies too or are they shit?

Why are you assuming
that nachetanya isn't lying about being a sheltered spoiled idiot? If you're trying to avoid suspicion about being an evil mastermind aligned with fiends wouldn't you play dumb and hide behind goody two shoes like Adlet and Goldov? Heck in episode 1 we already established that Nachetanya would disguse herself to sneak out of the castle along with wearing a mask at public events... Nachetanya could easily ask any blonde chick to weat a mask and pretend to be her in public while she snuck out in maid outfit to set things up. She's also the one who grabbed the dagger from Adlet and acted crazy trying to "dispell" the barrier and cracked the stone tablet which probably activated the thing, she's also the one who sent Adlet ahead to the temple while they stayed back to fight the group of fiends.

Madoka Magica 03-07

Halfway through already?! It feels like things just got started, although I am enjoying this a lot.

The first two movies are recaps with some minor changes.

Rebellion (the third movie) is completely new content though, watch that after you've wrapped up the series.

Whether it's shit or not is highly debatable, it's worth checking out though, even if it's just for the awesome first 30 minutes.

Madoka Magica 03-07

Movies 1-2 are recap movies of the show so you can skip those.

Rebellion will get you some... divided reactions. Personally I'd say watch it, if only to say that you did. I personally, don't think the movie is nowhere near as bad people make it out to be.

jonjonaug

Madoka Magica 03-07

First two films are recaps, although they're still interesting to watch for the redone voice acting (except episode 10 content, you'll see why when you get there) and about 30 new music tracks. The third film is a sequel.

Deadly

First two films are recaps, although they're still interesting to watch for the redone voice acting (except episode 10 content, you'll see why when you get there) and about 30 new music tracks. The third film is a sequel.
I was wondering which one is the 'true' version? The movies or the series? Because the movies run 240 minutes total. I mean isn't that practically the same run time as the series?

Baby Steps 2 24:
So good.

The tension was thick throughout the entire match. It's really been living up to the all the hype set up for it. I'm not ready for this season to be over.

himouto 1-10

Binged watched this yesterday, man what have I been missing? This show is amazing, really hope onichan and the chief pair up, he deserves it after putting up with so much of his sister's shenanigans

DEATH™;178560752 said:
Just saw this post on Tumblr...

DAT ATTENTION TO DETAIL...

When will he notice her???

So good

Also wtf is up with the green onions up your butt thing in ep 9? Is that really a home remedy to cure colds?

blurr

I have to watch Rebellion Movie 3 then.

Durarara X2 Ten Episode 10 -

So Mr. Hammer is Aoba's brother, complex relationship evidently.

It's been a while but Shizuo's pissed, this should be fun.

Umaru 10 -

Umaru finally realizes her onii-chan is special, although I shouldn't count on her doing anything about it.

Younger Umaru was really cute, sham she appeared for only a brief moment.

himouto 1-10

Binged watched this yesterday, man what have I been missing? This show is amazing, really hope onichan and the chief pair up, he deserves it after putting up with so much of his sister's shenanigans

As somebody who just binge watched this the likelyhood that onii-chan is going to end up with somebody is less than 0%. The childhood friend hasn't said anything this whole time and they're WAY past high school, and the other girl interested in him has a 'high school girl crush' on him so that ain't happening.

Squalor

Rokka no Yuusha 1

Premise is whatever but I'm in it for the character intrigue since impressions the past few weeks have made it sound like that much delivers. Setting and its associated art is really nice.

Rokka no Yuusha 2

Ep was mostly just Adlet & Ashetania talking & travellling and it was great for that, leaving the big hook for the end.
So much greatness left to be discovered for you. Enjoy the best MC in forever.

Also, unlike most anime, dialogue is actually important. So pay attention to the details.
Rokka 11

AOTS.
You already know.

Think about how the barrier could be activated.

I rewatched the episode where it happened.
In episode 4, Goldov retired the sword from the altar, and bunny girl broke a stone tablet. I suppose it was one of the two.
More specifically, I suppose it's bunny girl, retiring the sword is a very neutral action that everyone could have done without knowing there was a trap, bunny girl in the other hand acts super strange having a very sudden panic attack which she uses to break the tablet *by accident*. And her bunny ears that didn't exist in ep 1 are still unexplained!

Gvitor

I still think it's Goldov. My only other option right now is Nachetanya, but if it ends up being her, we'll end up with an random underdeveloped character left in the team (Goldov), unless they get rid of him as well in the aftermath, but I don't think that'll happen. I mean, sure, they can develop him after Nachetanya's betrayal, but eh, I don't see it happening. If it ends up not being one of them, I'll be genuinely surprised.

Squalor

I still think it's Goldov. My only other option right now is Nachetanya, but if it ends up being her, we'll end up with an random underdeveloped character left in the team (Goldov), unless they get rid of him as well in the aftermath, but I don't think that'll happen. I mean, sure, they can develop him after Nachetanya's betrayal, but eh, I don't see it happening. If it ends up not being one of them, I'll be genuinely surprised.
It would be worse to have an underdeveloped seventh than an underdeveloped true member.

Goldov
's character potential becomes much better if
Nachetanya
is the seventh because then the entire purpose of his character shifts. We would get true agency and stakes, which are the pivot points of true character development.

phaze

Shimoneta 10

-ssu girl turns out to be the worst. Quelle surprise.

Shimoneta 11

wow at the post credits scene.

Decent second half, especially from where the OP kicked in.

Gvitor

It would be worse to have an underdeveloped seventh than an underdeveloped true member.

Goldov
's character potential becomes much better if
Nachetanya
is the seventh because then the entire purpose of his character shifts. We would get true agency and stakes, which are the pivot points of true character development.

The seventh reveal itself would be development. if it ends up being Goldov, we'd learn about motivations and his whole plan. I agree it'd be better if he was developed before the reveal, but I think it's the next best thing, since if it ends up being Nachetanya, there's a possibility he'll be killed off as well.

I said in my last post I don't think that'll happen, but I changed my mind. They made a whole point about the Brave seal losing a petal if a true brave dies, that'll have to come in play. They might kill him, realize that a petal was erased, and then turn towards Nachetanya. Gah, I don't even know anymore. BUT IT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE TWO.

The seventh reveal itself would be development. if it ends up being Goldov, we'd learn about motivations and his whole plan. I agree it'd be better if he was developed before the reveal, but I think it's the next best thing, since if it ends up being Nachetanya, there's a possibility he'll be killed off as well.

I said in my last post I don't think that'll happen, but I changed my mind. They made a whole point about the Brave seal losing a petal if a true brave dies, that'll have to come in play. They might kill him, realize that a petal was erased, and then turn towards Nachetanya. Gah, I don't even know anymore. BUT IT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE TWO.

i think you're overthinking it too much
Nachetanya has shown a crazy face already and was ready to kill somebody she considered a friend prior and when proof came out he was ok she immediately jumps into "oh no what have I done" when everybody else is looking. Goldov is just a horny teenager in love he's just following Nachetanya. The fact he didn't immediately attack and kill an injured suspect to hear him out when his crush and a psycho idiot leader were demanding his death really says a lot about his character and takes away suspicion in my book.
Likelyhood is that it's
Nachetanya
because in any other anime
she would have been the main love interest for Adlet
so people who keep saying "WHOA BOY YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHO IT IS" basically gave it away for me.

Narag

Not that I give a shit because anime but since people are spoiler tagging everything as a courtesy, one should be aware that spoiler images show up on mobile.

Squalor

Not that I give a shit because anime but since people are spoiler tagging everything as a courtesy, one should be aware that spoiler images show up on mobile.
The images are from the first episode. I don't really care.

The seventh reveal wouldn't be development for him. It would just be a simple undeveloped-good-guy-turns-evil-for-plot-reasons king of thing.

As we know him, his whole point is to
serve
and
protect
Nachetanya
. If that character were to be the seventh, he would immediately have to choose a path, which would be actual development.

i think you're overthinking it too much
Nachetanya has shown a crazy face already and was ready to kill somebody she considered a friend prior and when proof came out he was ok she immediately jumps into "oh no what have I done" when everybody else is looking. Goldov is just a horny teenager in love he's just following Nachetanya. The fact he didn't immediately attack and kill an injured suspect to hear him out when his crush and a psycho idiot leader were demanding his death really says a lot about his character and takes away suspicion in my book.
Likelyhood is that it's
Nachetanya
because in any other anime
she would have been the main love interest for Adlet
so people who keep saying "WHOA BOY YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHO IT IS" basically gave it away for me.

Well considering how many people in this thread seem to be stuck on the wrong answer or were consistently stuck on the wrong answer for most of the series I'd say it was still largely effective. I'm not saying I know the right answer... but I'm 99.9% confident and nobody has given any compelling argument or answer as to why that'd be wrong.

Squalor

It should be noted that at this point (if Maura is to be believed), the seventh "can't" really kill anyone without immediately giving up his or her cover.

One of the flowers on the crests would vanish.

The seventh knows Adlet is legitimate. By that logic, the seventh also knows that Flamie is legitimate. So killing Adlet, then suspecting Flamie is out of the question.

Cornbread78

I gave up trying to figure out who the seventh is. I'm going to sit back and enjoy the shit out of the finale next week though. Bring it in Adlet...

Ascheroth

Well considering how many people in this thread seem to be stuck on the wrong answer or were consistently stuck on the wrong answer for most of the series I'd say it was still largely effective. I'm not saying I know the right answer... but I'm 99.9% confident and nobody has given any compelling argument or answer as to why that'd be wrong.

Well, my main suspicions were on
Nashetanya, mainly because of her weird outburst in episode 4 which you also mentoined.
But it's fun suspecting the others and coming up with theories : )

It should be noted that at this point (if Maura is to be believed), the seventh "can't" really kill anyone without immediately giving up his or her cover.

The seventh knows Adlet is legitimate. By that logic, the seventh also knows that Flamie is legitimate. So killing Adlet, then suspecting Flamie is out of the question.

Since the show introduced that mechanic to the crest it makes shit silly because
killing one individual immediately makes everybody suspicious again
. I liked the idea better before it was introduced because you'd always be curious
what if we killed the wrong person
which is a similar stressful situation as in The Thing.

Gvitor

Someone else mentioned the petal thing, not only Maura. I don't remember who now though. Goldov?

So yeah, the seventh is definitely screwed. I don't believe killing the braves was his/her plan to begin with, it was just stalling for time. Maybe when the braves get out of the barrier the world already turned to shit.

Squalor

Anyway, lost in all my Rokka no Yūsha hype:

Ushio to Tora was pretty good.

In Gate, it would seem that Fire Dragons have a fetish for elves.
Since the show introduced that mechanic to the crest it makes shit silly because
killing one individual immediately makes everybody suspicious again
. I liked the idea better before it was introduced because you'd always be curious
what if we killed the wrong person
which is a similar stressful situation as in The Thing.
Logically within the world of the show, it just makes sense, though. I don't think it messes up the potential drama or tension at all.
Someone else mentioned the petal thing, not only Maura. I don't remember who now though. Goldov?

So yeah, the seventh is definitely screwed. I don't believe killing the braves was his/her plan to begin with, it was just stalling for time. Maybe when the braves get out of the barrier the world already turned to shit.
Maura was the first one to mention it. She mentioned it to Hans, who has proven to be roughly as worldly and knowledgable as Maura and Adlet. It would stand to reason that she then mentioned it to everyone else afterward.

If you were the seventh and didn't know about the sign, you would have killed one of them prior to meeting everybody. But assuming many people outside of maybe Adlet and one other knew about the sign,
then killing one wasn't an option as when they met up they would instantly know.

Again the sign seems to take away from terror and suspense and adds a different kind that is more convenient for the other characters but takes away from the mystery a bit.

If they didn't want to kill any braves, they wouldn't have set Adlet up as a fake. It'd be far easier to buy time if they had no clues as to who was the seventh in the first place.

Also, the light novels make it pretty explicit that the goal was to kill them using this situation as a justification

As somebody who just binge watched this the likelyhood that onii-chan is going to end up with somebody is less than 0%. The childhood friend hasn't said anything this whole time and they're WAY past high school, and the other girl interested in him has a 'high school girl crush' on him so that ain't happening.

let me dream damnit >.< you're right and the preview scene at the end of ep 10 had the childhood friend tell umaru that it'll be a while before they meet in the story too...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The fake in Rokka is the mystery itself. There is no real point in trying to piece the puzzle together. This is a long running light novel series that probably spans thousands of pages. Many of the clues in the early section bleed into the future and will never be explained inside the anime. The reveal at the end will present more questions than answers. I don't even need any knowledge of the light novels to understand this. It's already obvious that multiple people have some kind of motivation to betray the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom