• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpmurphy

Can someone recommend me some good slice-of-life anime based on my likes:

Barakamon
NonNonBiyori
Silver Spoon
Welcome to the NHK
Usagi Drop

I also love Mushi-Shi but I guess it's hard to find something similar to it.
Not yet mentioned:
Minami-ke
Yama no Susume
Love Lab
Joshiraku

Maybe I want to watch the show about the dude who gets kidnapped and sent to the prestigious ojou-sama school so they can learn about the outside world better through his penis him

Also the MC's name in that is Kagurazita Kimito or something. Why the hell are so many harem protags named K----- K---- or something similar

I dunno are we? All I know is Symphogeah rocks

Maybe Authors love the letter K.

I mean, the whole hook of Symphogear for me was that it was decidedly brutal for a magical girl show and due to the nature of how she acquired her powers that she was slowly losing herself to the frenzy and insanity of her magical form. The way she fought in it was crazy awesome and really interesting to me. Battles were pretty neat too.

phaze

This blog post from a foreigner working as a production assistant in Japan raises some interesting questions about the future of the Japanese animation industry which are worth thinking about and discussing. He talks about two kinds of animation technology currently being worked on. The first is the continued refinement of CG.

I think I've yet to see a mainly CG show where the actual CG didn't bother be. Even in movies character animation looks stiff and unnatural. Keep it for things it works decently well in CG: cars, background animation and stuff. Even mechs if you really, really have to but keep it away from human characters.

That said I'll go over my shorts backlog and see if it changes my mind.
The second is the creation of software that, given hand-drawn keyframes, can automatically generate in-betweens for the sequence, thus eliminating the need for human in-between animators.

I've heard of this before but I'd have to see whether this this software produces feasible results. If it does, then sure why not. Though I imagine this would bring some severe adapting pains and lay-offs. I've no clue about drawings but from my perspective, jumping straight into key frames shouldn't be that much of a problem. With the release of time and money from skipping in-betweens, some kind of extended tutoring period and intensive oversight from AD's and more experienced KA doesn't strike me as much of a problem. /talesfrommybutt.

I can usually look past CG as long it's not...

1. Terrible CG that contrasts sharply with the traditional visuals.

2. CG people. CG people always look awful to me.

Dragon Ball Super 011

As the resident only person watching Dragon Ball Super on AnimeGAF I would like to remind everyone that Dragon Ball is pretty good sometimes

NLAv7Fw.jpg
k9TnoEZ.jpg

The scenes they added are good and fun. This is taking longer then I thought to recap BoG but it isn't bothering me much because of the added stuff.

Maybe Authors love the letter K.

I know DTL does

Gvitor

Do we know which Fall shows Crunchyroll will be streaming?

Also, are any of these shows worth continuing? I've watched like 1-3 episodes of each:

Aoharu x Kikanjuu
God Eater
Gate

The only one I've seen some positive feedback here lately is Gate, but I really didn't like the pilot.

Firemind

That's one thing I liked about GT. Goku's appearance and voice actually fit his personality. What I mean is, fuck Goku and his dumb ass.

Also, are any of these shows worth continuing? I've watched like 1-3 episodes of each:

Aoharu x Kikanjuu
God Eater
Gate

The only one I've seen some positive feedback here lately is Gate, but I really didn't like the pilot.
I'd say no to all despite enjoying Gate (my fantasy boner often clouds my judgment). Maybe give second episode of Gate a try before you decide not to continue, since they're actually in the other world by then with their military might.

Jarmel

Banned
OG Beef Stroganoff: The Anime- 2
uX6O8XC.jpg
8DlxvjW.jpg

So edgy goddamn.
I fucking hate Tsubasa already. Just so full of edge, she makes Ryuko look delightful. Just look at this face:
Not sure I like Hibiki either as she's in full 'Please Notice Me Senpai' phase which normally might not be so bad if Tsubasa wasn't in 'That Doesn't Belong to You' mode. Hibiki's responses don't seem natural which is why I'm glad some of the characters pointed that out.
I thought Hibiki would have demonstrated at least a little caution and ask for some time to think this over but nope she's all in. Her desperate plea for attention from Tsubasa is grating so hopefully the fight next episode makes it clear she's not wanted and she can move on.
How is this not public knowledge? Noise attacks seem to be happening on an almost daily level so it seems like the Symphogears would have to be publicly known so people wouldn't be in complete despair about it. It would be like the EVAs not being known and yet the Angel attacks occurring every other day. It also seems like every top secret base in anime has to be twenty miles underground.
This really is Cross Ange isn't it? Watch the girls be part Noise and the longer they use their armor, the more they turn into some uber-Noise.

Oh yeah I forgot it also had yuri elements.

Symphogear is way less gross then Cross Ange though. Tsubasa gets better but Symphogear likes to have characters go through the same arc twice, GX is pretty bad at that

Jarmel

Banned
God Eater-8

Oh wow look at that, the story starts to get interesting and it stops airing all at the same time. Bravo Ufotable.

Symphogear GX 12

Biggest reason this fails is there's no hot-blooded screaming to close out the episode and transition into the credits. Worth episode 12 of all 3 seasons.

Quasar

Aoharu x Kikanjuu
God Eater
Gate

Depends what you disliked about Gate I guess. Probably was my favourite new show of the season that I had not read source material of (and I fixed that quickly because of my impatience).

I dropped the other two quick smart.

Aoharu x Kikanjuu
God Eater
Gate

THey should be announcing fall shows soon (Dialover this week) most everything else starts in October.

Aoharu x Machinegun is a fun show and one to keep watching. You missed the actual epic Gun Club tournament.

God Eater is anime of the season.

GATE is good, though you might as well wait for 2nd half and just watch it all in one go.

Wakakozake 12 END

That was a nice show but I probably won't miss it. If food anime are the new hot thing then that surely means Dungeon Meshi will have an adaptation next year!!!

Gvitor

I watched 3 episodes of Aoharu x Machinegun, iirc. The MC's VA (the same one as Nisekoi's Tsugumi) annoys me, and him saying "Tachibana" every goddamn sentence were the reasons I dropped it. But I was quite interested in the gun duels.

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - 3

Yikes, it's only the third episode and
the main character's mother been put in a capsule in space and promptly shot at. And right in his mecha's hands no less. I wouldn't be surprised if he went on a rampage in the next episode.

Re-DLed the Monogatari series just...cause I hadn't watched them in a while/spaced out a lot.

Bakemonogatari 1-4

Fucking Shaft. I forgot how I have to be in a certain mood for their shows or I just completely hate em. Managed to find a good time to watch the first four and I totally forgot, which is stupid cause it's Shaft, that it was just "dialogue and stillshots: the anime" Dunno why I forgot that, dumb of me.

Baby Steps 2 25:
I'm sad that the anime is over for now. I was hoping there would be a season 3 announcement like with season 2, but I guess we have to wait.

It was a really excellent finale.
The result was the obvious one, but the show certainly did a good job of trying to make you think he could win. I called "out" as soon as that shot was hit, though. Araya beating Nabae in the final was also interesting.

Over 50 episodes now, this show has been really enjoyable to watch. I think I'll pick the manga up for now, even though I do hope that we get a third season. This is definitely a top tier sports series.

Tribe Cool Crew Episode 48

The Crowd High remix was stunning, so much more improved over the original one and even I got to moving from it. I wish TriCool song had just been just as awesome.

I hope we bring it back to the beginning with next episode
come on original Jey song from back in the anime's early time

John Blade

Welp...just order GTO DVD set. Look like this series will be something I will be watching later on this year or next year if I ever get though my backlog right now. Also, transfer my anime collection into digital is taking a lot of my HDD right now. Kinda scary how much space blu-ray show take if you transfer without any compression. Need to get few more HDD once I get though all my collection right now.

Welp...just order GTO DVD set. Look like this series will be something I will be watching later on this year or next year if I ever get though my backlog right now. Also, transfer my anime collection into digital is taking a lot of my HDD right now. Kinda scary how much space blu-ray show take if you transfer without any compression. Need to get few more HDD once I get though all my collection right now.

If you've never watched GTO you didn't do a mistake. It's an amazing series, among my top 5 favorite anime.

I'm only waiitng for a blu-ray at this point.

John Blade

If you've never watched GTO you didn't do a mistake. It's an amazing series, among my top 5 favorite anime.

I'm only waiitng for a blu-ray at this point.

Heard good thing about the show and couple of old friends did watch it when it release in North America. I guess, it's a safe bet if I get the collection and watch it. As for Blu-ray, did it release in Blu-ray in Japan as of now?

ibyea

Banned
Couldn't catch the last of the chimera arc, darn it! My brother said the payoff was really good just as some of you guys said. I did catch the entirety of the final arc of the anime though. The anime once again changed genre. There were two concurrent plots. One is hunter... politics? What the hell kind of shonen is this?! ^_^ Literally it was just politics,
it was about the election of the new chairman since Netero died.
It had debates, speeches, campaigns, bureaucratic mess, manipulations, and all that stuff. It was still really entertaining though and Pariston was such a great antagonist. Crowning moment of awesome, when Leorio punched Ging. Sweet catharsis!

The second plot, and the better one, involves Killua getting his sister Alluka out of imprisonment from his own family because
Gon was heavily damaged from his battle with Neferyoupi and his sister had the ability to fulfill any wish, with a price...
So two really great things about it. Firstly there is the Zoldyck family intrigue and the competing factions between the family members, and plenty of great action that came from it. The second part is the really creepy powers the sister had and how in the end the premise got turned to its head. It was both unexpected and touching. That second part is so amazingly well done I can't believe it came from a shonen anime.

Hunter x Hunter is truly one of the best surprises I have gotten from accidental watch. My judgment in staying away from it just because it was shonen was so wrong. Even if I didn't catch every episode, I sure am glad I watched along some of it with my brother.

Moaradin

I would go back and catch the last episodes of The Chimera Ant arc whenever you have time. Truly great stuff. Episodes 126,131, and 135 are some of the best episodes in the genre.

Meanwhile as Killua was dashing to the stairs in slow motion, Gon was turning his head ever so slightly to the right as he caught a glimpse of a pebble falling from the roof. As the roof was where those other two guys were fighting.

Meanwhile as those other two guys were about to hit each other again, that one other dude was looking at the stars and wondering where his wifewas

Meanwhile the guy wondered what his wife was doing, the neighbor was attempting to eat the cookies from the window.

But what happened to Gon's pebble? Will he ever see it hit the floor?

*song starts playing*
*end credits*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom