• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Hopefully it leads to another cull.

Oh wow.. Bully..

Gangsta ep.11

It's amazing just how brutal thus show is. It was weird having an entire episode with no Warrick or Nick since the story is mostly based on those two. Didn't Warrick take off last week to prevent this stuff?

Gate ep.12
It's going to suck having to wait until January for the 2ND cour of the show, but at least it is coming. The show was really fun to watch and Itami, Rory and Lelei kept the show interesting.

ibyea

Banned
Meanwhile as Killua was dashing to the stairs in slow motion, Gon was turning his head ever so slightly to the right as he caught a glimpse of a pebble falling from the roof. As the roof was where those other two guys were fighting.

Meanwhile as those other two guys were about to hit each other again, that one other dude was looking at the stars and wondering where his wifewas

Meanwhile the guy wondered what his wife was doing, the neighbor was attempting to eat the cookies from the window.

But what happened to Gon's pebble? Will he ever see it hit the floor?

*song starts playing*
*end credits*

lol I'm not even going to defend that. That said my brother did tell me it felt less worse than Kaiji's pachinko game and Namek in Dragonball Z.

John Blade

Just order FLAG anime DVD collection. Man..the DVD set isn't cheap mostly because of volume 2 limited quantity when release. Now, I can watch this show based on javac recommendation.

Honestly 2014 has been better than 2015 so far.

It had Ping Pong, Space Dandy, Barakamon, Nozaki-kun, D-Frag, Haikyuu, and Noragami

I feel like 2013 was more enjoyable than both 2014 and 2015.

It had Gundam Build Fighters, Gargantia, Samurai Flamenco, Gatchaman Crowds, Monogatari SS, Non Non Biyori, Space Battleship Yamato, and the rest of From the New World and Jojo season 1.

You guys wouldn't believe how fast the thread moved back then. This place was so much more lively. Oh how times have changed.

javac

I would buy it as I am a fan of Gunsmith Girl. Do hope it's on Blu-ray.

It will be Blu-ray, it's already out on BD in Japan.

Animeigo have had two previous Kickstarters that were both successful, Bubblegum Crisis and Otaku no Video. Speaking of Bubblegun Crisis, I'm need to watch that soon.

Hey Cornbread, I know it's a bit early, but you think you could make the next Let's Watch show be Gundam Build Fighters?

From the way I see it, the Samurai Flamenco watch will be finishing around October 7, which coincidentally was the date that Gundam Build Fighters started airing two years ago. It'd just be a perfect little throwback.

You don't even need any prior Gundam knowledge to enjoy it. The whole show is just pure, lighthearted, mecha fun. It's a great show that anybody can enjoy.

I mean, just look at this.

2012. That was an amazing year.

Hyouka, From the New World, Space Brothers, Chihayafuru, Kids on the Slope, Tsuritama, Second half of Fate/Zero, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, and more. What a legendary year.

That's the one. I mean every year has its gemms but whenever I think of a specific year that's the one that comes to mind for me.

Gangsta 11

Holy crap today was brutal. The whole episode was just a pure massacre, bloodshed everywhere. Also RIP
Doug... I actually felt bad for the poor guy and how he went
. Can't believe this is going to finish soon. Just like Charlotte, this episode just pretty much opened up what seems to be a new arc that could go to places in an entire season.

Aw they look so good dressed up.
CPVWsr9VEAAqNLg.jpg

javac

What I find weird is, being a person that doesn't keep up with what comes out and when, the notion that a lot of these shows (keeping in mind the fact that I haven't seen many of them) they seem to be a part of my lexicon, and I guess that's mainly because they're recent shows and thus I hear and see them mentioned more often then others, but you know...the idea that prior to 2014 Ping Pong didn't exist? I guess it's because I hang about in places on the internet where these shows are talked about to great length, but it just seems strange to me and makes time just seem really weird.

I guess it's the same with any series really, like the idea that pre 2007 was a Gurren Lagann free world? Granted when you actually look at it 2007 was a long ass time ago (which is scary!) but still, it makes 'old us' look like cavemen. Hell pre 2007 was a world without Lucky Star, like what. FMA: B was released in 2009? You just lose track of time and everything just blends together. Years are indistinguishable. How did the world exist in a time without Bebop or Eva!? :p Perfectly fine I guess, but still!

I guess its because I hear about these shows a lot, because every year has shows that stick and become a part of the anime lexicon, forever a part of your vocabulary. I guess a lot of it has to do with the most recent series of the last 10 years being the more popular and most talked about with a lot of them being legit good and thus deservedly so...or maybe, just maybe, I'm just high as fuck.

Ayumi

How much do I haveto watch for the compatibility meter to work..? It says "Unknown" forever. ( ´;д;` )

Narag

What I find weird is, being a person that doesn't keep up with what comes out and when, the notion that a lot of these shows (keeping in mind the fact that I haven't seen many of them) they seem to be a part of my lexicon, and I guess that's mainly because they're recent shows and thus I hear and see them mentioned more often then others, but you know...the idea that prior to 2014 Ping Pong didn't exist? I guess it's because I hang about in places on the internet where these shows are talked about to great length, but it just seems strange to me and makes time just seem really weird.

I guess it's the same with any series really, like the idea that pre 2007 was a Gurren Lagann free world? Granted when you actually look at it 2007 was a long ass time ago (which is scary!) but still, it makes 'old us' look like cavemen. Hell pre 2007 was a world without Lucky Star, like what. FMA: B was released in 2009? You just lose track of time and everything just blends together. Years are indistinguishable. How did the world exist in a time without Bebop or Eva!? :p Perfectly fine I guess, but still!

I guess its because I hear about these shows a lot, because every year has shows that stick and become a part of the anime lexicon, forever a part of your vocabulary. I guess a lot of it has to do with the most recent series of the last 10 years being the more popular and most talked about with a lot of them being legit good and thus deservedly so...or maybe, just maybe, I'm just high as fuck.

8g1ndrJ.png

javac

Just think about it, one day it will be unfathomable to even think of a time before Charlotte. Umaru-chan will be THE mascot for all things anime and eating will never be the same after pshuu. The world has been changed and what's been done cannot be undone. This world that we are building is not healthy.

Javac is facing a terrible foe at the moment. It's an anime existential crisis!

Know what else is a crisis?...

God Eater 08

...the fact that the plot got so fucking interesting this week and I'd love to see more, but we are only guaranteed on more episode next week for the next while. They better keep this thing going, even if only online I don't care. Keep doing the whole one week break between every two episodes all you want, but PLEASE don't pull another BBB on me.

Just think about it, one day it will be unfathomable to even think of a time before Charlotte. Umaru-chan will be THE mascot for all things anime and eating will never be the same after pshuu. The world has been changed and what's been done cannot be undone. This world that we are building is not healthy.

javac is really on dat good shit.

Gravijah

To think we all used to live in a world without Chi's Sweet Home.

Dude. I don't know how popular Umaru-chan is, but come on now. Really?

There hasn't been an anime that outright revolutionized the entire medium since Evangelion, I think. Every year has what's hot and what's not that gets talked about for a while until the next big thing comes along.

There's always going to be peaks and valleys, guys. It's not like good anime isn't being made anymore. Good ideas will always exist.

Narag

I'm pretty sure all three will be forgotten once the fall shows start much like how no one remembers Hestia anymore.

Jarmel

Banned
OG Beef Stroganoff: The Anime- 3
5wb6MdQ.jpg
m1ZTQiS.jpg

"I could do with some Hot Pockets right about now. Go fetch them Tsubasa."
This is turning into a hard watch. Half the runtime is filled with Tsubasa whining/crying/angsting over her dead friend and the other is about Hibiki's drama to live a normal school life. Why Hibiki is still going to school normally instead of getting private lessons, I don't know. Instead she has to turn in reports because she's failing classes. It's not like I don't know, the school and the world saving organization she's in, are both linked.
YSoFiVq.jpg
EdiDpLn.jpg

I would like it much better if you didn't actually have emotions. That way you wouldn't be so damn annoying.
I would have completely written Tsubasa off if Nana wasn't blowing out Hibiki's VA on the singing front. The difference is like night and day, it sorta reminds me of Macross Frontier and the singing gap between Sheryl and Ranka's VAs.
QBvKPWy.jpg

This isn't Cross Ange?
Animation took a serious dive this episode with plenty of moments full of bad off-model animation. The show wasn't exactly a looker from the getgo so I'm not surprised it's already going downhill.
1J5DZbQ.jpg

When properly animating a berserk character is too hard. "Just throw some blackness on her and call it day. We don't get paid enough ramen noodles for this."
This drama is trying me. Tsubaba's repetitious shit is tiresome enough but Hibiki having a friendship crisis is putting me to the test.

Risette

A Good Citizen

Dude. I don't know how popular Umaru-chan is, but come on now. Really?

There hasn't been an anime that outright revolutionized the entire medium since Evangelion, I think. Every year has what's hot and what's not that gets talked about for a while until the next big thing comes along.

There's always going to be peaks and valleys, guys. It's not like good anime isn't being made anymore. Good ideas will always exist.
k-on

Madoka is pretty close.

I don't really agree with that. Madoka was a very popular series, and we can probably point to it as being a fairly important series within the broader culture of anime, but it didn't even come close to revolutionizing anything.

Evangelion was a revolutionary and transformative series on a number of levels, and not just in the good ways. We can pretty directly blame Anno for the state of anime censorship on television today (the Pokemon seizure incident also helped this along by necessitating networks to actually check the contents of shows before airing them). Evangelion also had a massive impact on the way anime is merchandised, profited from, and the business models in tact.

Madoka didn't really have any such large effect. It lead to a handful of copycats and a resurgence of "dark magical girl" shows, but those shows existed before Madoka. (In the same way, certainly a fair amount of what Evangelion did had been done previously, most notably by Ideon, but it still had a larger overall impact on the state of the medium)

I'd say that Madoka is closer to the Haruhi of the 10's. A show that became massively popular while airing, created a number of copycats, and continues to be relevant in terms of being referenced by other shows and having a strong fanbase, but not really revolutionary in any real sense of the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom