• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the Kirito
Cob7ZhDVMAAznGI.jpg:large

Sölf

On topic 91 Days is pretty good, I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Totally off topic and I apologise, I did a search and couldn't find a better thread and couldn't start a new thread so I thought I'd ask here.

I'm looking for some Funny/goofy recommendations. "genre" as such doesn't seem to matter. While it'd be better if it was newer, preferably this season, or on Crunchy roll or Animelab I'm fine with trying to track down older stuff.

Just for a bit of background I got hooked on Gintama about two years ago and I started binging and I'm running out of stuff. But my newbness means I keep finding gems and I'm hoping it will continue

I don't know if there is a specific name for it but I really like goofy anime.

I'll put up a list of shows I've really liked then order them from what id consider great to stuff I was already recommended when I asked my Anime watching RL friends and didn't like so you know not to recommend those, because why waste your time?

My tier one amazing and wold love to binge something similar: Gintama (obviously), Nichijo, Osomatsu, Cromartie High School.

Tier two stuff I really liked but wasn't strong throughout or had a bit too much fan service: Peeping Life, Azumanga Daioh, Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei, Himoto Umaru Chan, Daily Lives of Teenage Boys.

Tier three, recommendations that were good but didn't appeal over the total length of the show to the point I stopped or had one or two major problems (for me): Sket Dance, Excel Saga (Excels voice drives me nuts, everything else seems fantastic), Haven't you heard I'm Sakamoto.

Tier four recommendations I straight up found dull: Working!, some volleyball show, Survival gun club.

Again sorry, if there is a better thread point me in that direction!

So, some mor suggestions (I try to sort them by age, oldest first):

School Rumble + OVA + School Rumble ni gakki + Manga (in this order; S2 catched up with the manga and the last 1/3 only got 2 episodes instead of a full season)
Hayate no Gotoku
Inferno Cop
Noucome
Robot Girls Z
Strange +
Show by Rock!
Prison School
Shimoneta
Ninja Slayer
Konosuba
Sekkou Boys
Sushi Police
Handa-kun

These are basically shows from the last ~2 1/2 years (with the exception of the first 3) which I found pretty funny. I could also add D-Frag, but I thought half the episodes were somewhat meh, so I didn't include that. Prison School might be the best suggestion for you, as it is REALLY crazy.
But you not liking Excel Saga, then I can't recommend the even more insane Puni Puni Poemi. :(

Jarmel

Banned
IT'S JUST A TEN MINUTE SHORT. FUCKING TROLLED! FUCK EVERYTHING. :(

ducktrolled

Honestly though wouldn't IG have rights to this? Was this done in collaboration with IG?

Edit: I guess the rights are owned exclusively by Bandai Visual. So they can do whatever they want woth it.

duckroll

Let me explain this trollercoaster of emotions.

Studio Khara's Animator Expo project is doing another theatrical screening of a selection of shorts, and they're adding a brand new bonus one called PATLABOR REBOOT. It is directed, written, and storyboarded by Yasuhiro Yoshiura. Izubuchi is the supervisor on the project and doing the mecha designs. Masami Yuki original character designs, Naoyuki Asano for the animation character designs. Yuji Kaneko is the art director. Kenji Kawai returns for the music. It's PERFECT.

Except.

It's.

Just.

Minutes.

Long.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ducktrolled

Honestly though wouldn't IG have rights to this? Was this done in collaboration with IG?

No, Patlabor is Headgear.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Jun Maeda needs a heart transplant
https://twitter.com/jun_tenhou/status/758570085749403648

Damn, that's sure is really bad, hope he can able to find a new heart.

Damn, didn't thought his sickness is this serious.

New Game 4

Totally not yuri/shoujo-ai anime.
*timageofKoandRiniontopofeachotherwhilenotwearingpantsorskirtandimageoftheminthespawhichicannotpostherebecauseimightgetbanned.jpg

On a serious note, i am glad Aoba get her overtime pay. Not much game trivia other than a glimpse of their organizational structure and raise.

Danganronpa 3 future 3

Okay, whatever you say Yuu Narukami (i love how everyone watching this anime refer to this dude as P4MC instead of his real name). Can't talk much about it in anime general thread due to spoiler for Danganronpa 1 and 2, but i'm enjoying it so far.

Cornbread78

Can anyone here help me out with a banner for a game coming out soon? pretty please, just a little transparency and cutting/pasting issue....

Danganronpa 3 future 3[/B]
Okay, whatever you say Yuu Narukami (i love how everyone watching this anime refer to this dude as P4MC instead of his real name). Can't talk much about it in anime general thread due to spoiler for Danganronpa 1 and 2, but i'm enjoying it so far.

There are these amazing things called spoiler tags that let you discuss things without everyone seeing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom