• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

In
cred
ible

Drop everything and watch this as soon as you can if you haven't already, I'll have an extensive review up in the next day or two.
3G0OIdt.jpg

zulux21

Oh I forgot about Hinomaru Zumou, that's another really possible one, but it's much too soon for Platinum End no?

yeah... WAY to soon for platinum end.

give it like 3 years.

it's a monthly manga with a very slow start (I've only read the first 4 or so chapters) that is setting up for something grand. (there are only 10 chapters total right now)

it would be best to wait to make an adaption until the series is about to wrap up.

It's not like it will have any issues getting an anime produced when it comes time.

the spirited sequel to death note from the death note creators is a very easy sell :p

kewlmyc

Baccano 13-16

Damn It Japan, why didn't you buy more copies of this series? The fact this amazing series bombed in Japan and will very likely never get an animated continuation is so damn disappointing.

Guess I'll be reading the light novels going forward.

Welcome to our pain.

zulux21

Baccano 13-16

Damn It Japan, why didn't you buy more copies of this series? The fact this amazing series bombed in Japan and will very likely never get an animated continuation is so damn disappointing.

Guess I'll be reading the light novels going forward.

given durarara did decent enough to get a big second season, I could see them giving Baccano another try someday...

right after Nana gets a second season :(

~Holding out hope~

You guys are not getting a new season of Re:Zero for a while.

Anime is gona end up being caught up to date to the latest light novel volume.

On the other hand the web novel is far ahead of the light novels so it will depend if they decide to just adapt that as it is.

Theres about 3 more arcs in the web novel and the next one at the end of the anime is the longest one by far.

zulux21

You guys are not getting a new season of Re:Zero for a while.

Anime is gona end up being caught up to date to the latest light novel volume.

On the other hand the web novel is far ahead of the light novels so it will depend if they decide to just adapt that as it is.

Theres about 3 more arcs in the web novel and the next one at the end of the anime is the longest one by far.

I feel like you responded to stuff from hours ago that was already covered o_O.

on a different thought, how different are the web novels to the published light novels?

I feel like you responded to stuff from hours ago that was already covered o_O.

on a different thought, how different are the web novels to the published light novels?

Someone asked if the light novel are finished as of two hours ago so i though i would answer in a general sense

They are different in minor stuff, mostly really gory deaths(yes it can get far worse) and unnecesary jokes and subplots.

The light novel is basically making it more accesible and marketable

Jex

Good parts of Island Wars:

Fanservice
Colony Drop
Alien Planet
Fumina's Mom
Gunbuster Stand
Fumina and Sekai fucking

Bad parts of Island Wars:

Dull action
All those other skanks
Nielsen jobbing
Yuuma
Artistic Gunpla Champion
Lightning Gundam
That guy with the glasses
Ripping off Season 1's finale
Captain Planet
Ash losing the Kalos League
Where is Sekai's master, Domon Kasshu?
Sekai and Fumina not really fucking
Can't really argue with that. I thought Island Wars sucked, just like Try always has and for largely the same reasons.

Re:Zero 21

This show is wearing extremely thin for me. It's not a good sign when the only reason I'm still following a show is "Well, I've made it this far and it's almost over I guess." There were plotlines and characters that I was interested in, but I don't really give a shit anymore. Rem's a caricature. Subaru is as unlikable as ever, and he's one of those characters that makes everyone around him worse by proxy of being near Subaru like Rem and Crusch. Ram, Beatrice and Puck don't exist anymore. Nothing ever gets resolved and stuff just keeps piling up as a distraction like Attack on Titan so why the fuck am I watching this. The dialogue is also really grating to me, like come on. If I hear "do u like flowerz" or "why do you wield the sword" one more fucking time I'm going to flip.

So why don't I drop it? Too bad I just did. Shows a waste of time.

I feel now there is a lack of tension because we know Subaru won't die, as vulnerable he usually is, the cycle established in the previous arcs repeats here and gives some predictability to the series, he already did his homework to fix the problems so now he needs to end solving them. And we are in the sprint to the end of season, if he would die he would have to repeat again and we don't have enough episodes left for that.

Ascheroth

Gundam Build Harem TRYd Again

That was fun. Battle was hype. Can never get enough of the GBF soundtrack.
Didn't like Try as much as the original, but I still want to see the nationals witth all this teasing. Talking about teasing, the last scene
with Aila
was very nice.
Also, Sakai should just be a main character instead of Yuuma.

Cardcaptor Sakura 09-15

All that needs to be noted so far is that Li is the best character in the show and should get all the cards so that he can do more cool things with them.
Also I didn't catch this the first time I watched this series but I'm getting the strong vibe that Sakura's brother and Yukito are secretly into each other, but maybe I'm just imagining things.

Verelios

Cardcaptor Sakura 09-15

All that needs to be noted so far is that Li is the best character in the show and should get all the cards so that he can do more cool things with them.
Also I didn't catch this the first time I watched this series but I'm getting the strong vibe that Sakura's brother and Yukito are secretly into each other, but maybe I'm just imagining things.
You're not, it's an in-universe thing...cross dimensional thing, basically a Clamp staple.

TrueBlue

So wait, is Re:Zero the worst kind of filth ir is it still pretty good?

I mean, I haven't watched the last couple of episodes - has there been a massive dip or something?

Kamisama Kiss Season 1

Well this was excellent, I'm usually put off by Nanami's super shojo-y visual design (doesn't help that it was ripped off by that sleazy 'abused by the boss' manga that was advertised on here for a while) but once I got past that there's a lot to like here. mostly though I wanted to post a link to the ED because it's brilliant and I directly blame it for the binge watch this weekend, every time it builds I feel compelled to watch the next episode immediately. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df_dEE0EM9Y
Annoyingly in the show it's often mixed so that the wonderful tangy guitar comes in before the vocals but this is the closest to it online(it seems the OST version has an odd intro).

phaze

So wait, is Re:Zero the worst kind of filth ir is it still pretty good?

I mean, I haven't watched the last couple of episodes - has there been a massive dip or something?

If you more or less enjoyed it up till that point then I don't see anything that would change your mind in the last outings.

Fafner Exodus 2

The first half of this episode is easily the best action sequence the Fafner franchise has had up to this point. Orange's CG allows the camera freedom of movement, yet without being erratic or drunk as in current Berserk or Taboo Tattoo. The sequence is of fairly large scale, involving a large number of players: the Festum itself (which eventually splits into multiple copies), Mizoguchi and Maya in airplanes out at sea, three and eventually four Fafner from the island, three Fafner arriving from the Human Army transport craft, and the support staff on the island. The direction is logical and clear enough to be able to follow what's going on, thankfully, and still enough energy to make the battle exciting. The Festum are really scary now - its appearance when it had Mizoguchi's plane in its grasp impresses upon one the overwhelming fear it can induce in a person - which greatly helps sell the conflict.

It's really interesting to see the remaining younger main cast from the original series having moved up to new roles on the island, having mostly retired from Fafner piloting. The current Fafner pilots are a younger generation who gradually moved into their places across the course of the franchise, and are already worried about the even younger generation below them that are currently being prepared for pilot duty. That's an unusual narrative direction which opens up all kind of possibilities. Also unusual is that we have a middle-aged man, the commander of the arriving Human Army group, who is able to pilot the normally-reserved-for-teenagers mecha. When does that happen?

Aki-at

In
cred
ible

Drop everything and watch this as soon as you can if you haven't already, I'll have an extensive review up in the next day or two.

Yeah I loved this movie which is funny, I only stumbled across it by accident and only gave it a chance because it starred a T Rex.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Diamond is unbreakable 21
Man, the quality are all over the places.
But here we are mate, Beautiful DUWANG. Chew. Feel like a picnic.
Yoshikage Kira is an interesting character. He's a serial killer who don't want to be in the spotlight, just a moment of peace for him and his victim hand. He's a different beast when compared to DIO, narcissist with ego the size of the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom