• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched in the Grand Rex's big auditorium :

Accel World Infinite Burst : Garbage. I don't know anything about that series, and the first half was an awful recap which didn't help me in any way to understand the nonsensical VR setting and story. Characters and art are trash as well. It just makes SAO look good. What followed in the second half wasn't any better, but I got some Nozomu Abe action goodness I guess??? Also the movie used a 16:9 aspect ratio and everything looked blurry on the large screen..

I dont know why you would even watch this movie or expect a recap to completely get someone caught up on the 24 episode tv series.

Brain Burst and the Accelerated World isnt even hard to grasp or nonsensical.

Kizumonogatari Nekketsu-hen : At least, this was damn good, I liked it over the first movie. It had better pacing, the lack of narration didn't bother me (it was kind of confusing to me in the first movie), everything is already set up and I enjoyed all the three fights as well as the usual banter between Araragi and Hanekawa. Of course, it still looked amazing. Can't wait for the last part in January.

You liked it more than the first? My excitement intensifies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You don't exactly need to be concerned on that score. If a film plays in the US, and it's not exclusive to some particular festival, it'll play in NYC and LA.
Yeah but it's not coming out fast enough I need it NOW.

Line_HTX

Thunderbolt Fantasy 05

That part where they finally started fighting had some words I could read, but it was read in a way that I'm not familiar with. It sounded like Taiwanese, but I wasn't really sure, haha

Looks like Gilgamesh took out the golden weapon that's probably the thing the Screaming Phoenix Killer brought up but didn't explain.

jonjonaug

JoJo 22: Holy shit

Thunderbolt Fantasy 8: Everything was as expected, but was still extremely entertaining due to consistently superb execution. So, basically like any other Urobuchi thing.

Fate/Zero 16

Brutal and unfair. :(

Urobuchi's wild ride is over. Prepare for Urobuchi's even wilder ride.

Thunderbolt Fantasy 8

That twist was too obvious to be my Urobutcher twist. Hellen Keller saw that shit coming.

As to the comments on our protag, can someone clarify if I understood right what they were saying about his sword play? From what I gather
He's a very skilled fighter but not a sword user, but a blunt weapon user?

jonjonaug

Thunderbolt Fantasy 8

That twist was too obvious to be my Urobutcher twist. Hellen Keller saw that shit coming.

Urobuchi tends to write deliberately straightforward stories when the technical aspects of a production are meant to take center stage rather than the plot. He did the same thing for Expelled From Paradise where much of the plot is a simple, yet well executed story mainly in service of setting up cool action scenes that show off how 3DCG animation can look good when done right. He's said himself that he kept the story of Thunderbolt Fantasy simple for audiences that might not be used to wuxia or puppets.

Future Card Buddyfight Triple D Episode 22 – Yikes! 0 Seconds to Detonation!
Cq0u7nTXgAEfsgO.jpg:small

Just because Gao Mikado has no buddy doesnt strongly suggest or highly imply that he will be easily defeated. All these lame buddyfighters targetting him were dumb especially after he was racking up many wins in a row and had a stellar performance in s1.

Dr Gara is hilarious and I love the mix of his and Bal's egg comedy stuff with the serious grim music playing.

currently watching the Anime Orange....and oh man what a great and touching anime

New-Orange-Anime-Visual-Cast-Promotional-Video-Revealed.jpg

Gaf are there some other high quality romance/school Animes that i missed in these past months?

Ore Monogatari was the last one i checked.

My Top 3 are Kimi Ni Todoke, Sakouraso no Pet Kanojo and Ao Haru Ride

Cornbread78

Alderamin of the Sky ep.8
Damn Ikta, that was a tough decision that even affected you in the end. These sr. leaders have to be the biggest idiots out there...

Gaf are there some other high quality romance/school Animes that i missed in these past months?
Ore Monogatari was the last one i checked.

My Top 3 are Kimi Ni Todoke, Sakouraso no Pet Kanojo and Ao Haru Ride

Have you seen:

ef-A Tale of Memories
White Album 2
Toradora
Ano Natso (waiting in the summer)

omg not this again

giphy.gif

JuanLatino listen to me. Go watch Hyouka.

He said ROMANCE..

Cornbread78

Toradora Yes
I started White Album 2 a while ago but stopped after the first episode, not sure why but now that you reminded me of it i should try again

White Album 2 gets really good later.

Definately ef-A Tale of Memories. That, or you could give Golden Time a try. Itazura na Kiss as well.

Have you seen Clanned?

Gundam Thunderbolt December Sky
This was AMAZING! Everything about this was beyond anything of what I was expecting.

The grim atmosphere
The realistic take on war/Showing the really ugly side of war
the powerfull ending
the Gundam
the psycho Zaku
the amazing visuals
the breath taking actions scenes
the freakin music( The jazz was amazing)

I really loved it. I think it's my favourite 2d mecha show, none comes close to this.

T-Rex.

Banned
Always makes me chuckle when DTL recommends shows that absolutely no one else does.

but it's also because of DTL's posts that I ended up watching Haikyuu, Shokugeki, and some other stuff so I actually kind of trust his recommendations

KraytarJ

ReZero 21
Another good episode, nice to see the Subaru actually start to do things competently for once. Though I have one query: How did Wilhelm's wife actually die? If she died to the white whale like everyone thinks then why can anyone remember her at all? Something doesn't add up to me, I'm half expecting her to just be alive at this point.

Alderamin - 08

Saw the red flags everywhere. I still didn't want it to happen :(

Trust me, you don't want to do this.

98% of the people I know despise this anime.

Dont believe his lies.

Always makes me chuckle when DTL recommends shows that absolutely no one else does.

but it's also because of DTL's posts that I ended up watching Haikyuu, Shokugeki, and some other stuff so I actually kind of trust his recommendations

He will learn in time.
Yeah I even used the parakeet explosion gif on that one. He was warned. Now all we can do is wait for the impressions like that other poster not too long ago.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

How are those shows now?

Haikyu is apparently really good. (I don't think I've seen a single person on this site call it bad in fact.)

Though the reasons why most people like it, and why DTL likes it are no doubt pretty different.

Sterok

Glitter Force S2 14

Okay, I've mostly just taken this dub in stride and not let the changes and cuts bug me too much, but a big problem this (and other dubbed shows of similar nature) has is the refusal to just shut up when when they need to. Here Spring is relieved to see her siblings are safe and unharmed after the worst almost happened, and the characters keep on talking instead of letting the scene play for itself. I know this is a comedy, but let the serious scenes shine when they need to dub. Ruins an otherwise perfectly good moment.

What's actually wrong with the show btw? Genuinely never heard of it before.

Ever watch a show about nothing? And no I'm not talking Seinfeld here because that was actually good.

This show makes it seem like there is some grandiose plot happening, when actually, absolutely fucking nothing happens. Also the main character is a chicken.

Mailbox

Uugghh.. %$#$^^$÷=/$#×=<%=/

Pet Girl has the sane kinda ending thou..

The thing about White Album 2 is that it ISN'T a "read the source material" kind of ending. It ends just fine, and if you don't go for more stuff you will be fine.

Personally, I was quite satisfied with the ending of White Album 2's anime, you shouldn't worry about that. The thing is, apparently the anime is only the introductory chapter to the VN.

Trust me, you don't want to do this.

98% of the people I know despise this anime.

Dont believe his lies.

He will learn in time.

If you decide to watch that show, you will regret it. It's awful.

I hope he comes back and sees that everyone is telling him to steer clear of that show, but idk.

i was just about to start the anime when i saw this thread again...lol i guess no Glasslips then :D

Why are you doing this

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom