• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

I'm pretty sure the only place he heard about "Enigmatic Gale" before the betrayal was that Pheonix Slayer mentioned it once in a really vague statement that might not make it's relevance to white haired guy clear. That pic from this episode is referring to how Evil Leader called white haired dude that when white haired dude had already betrayed them

Went back to that scene and it seems you're indeed right.

----------------

Going back to Xam'd after 6 months with no recap might not have been the brightest idea as I have even less idea of what's going on then when I dropped it first time.

Glitter Force Season 2 - Robots are in, Exchange Students are out. Also, I'm at work so I can't actually watch it yet.
Yea! Kelsey is even serving Japanese food on the beach. So cultured for Americans.
Glitter Force S2 1

Return of AOTY. Kind of hard to remember everyone's names after so many months when most of them are usually different. Princess Breeze's hair is just as stupid as I remember it. Good to see the endings continue to be terrible.
What are you talking about! Some of the best CG in the industry!

Deadly

3) That's not a Deus Ex machina. Anarai, his motives, and his genius have been repeadetly brought up from the beginning of the show, as well as Ikta being a student of his. You would think that Ikta being his student, being familiar with his motives and how he works, it would make sense that he's getting his hands on the new tech Anarai leaked before everyone else.
It's actually explained in the LN. I doubt this part will get animated considering where we're at now.
Ikta gives the blueprints to a scientist in the military and has him request that his unit get the first shipment. They have no idea it's from Anarai and the random scientist gets all the credit

It's actually explained in the LN. I doubt this part will get animated considering where we're at now.
Ikta gives the blueprints to a scientist in the military and has him request that his unit get the first shipment. They have no idea it's from Anarai and the random scientist gets all the credit
Makes sense, since it did seem to be implied that they made the prototypes themselves based on Anarai's research

3) That's not a Deus Ex machina. Anarai, his motives, and his genius have been repeadetly brought up from the beginning of the show, as well as Ikta being a student of his. You would think that Ikta being his student, being familiar with his motives and how he works, it would make sense that he's getting his hands on the new tech Anarai leaked before everyone else.

Just because something is explained doesn't mean it isn't deus ex machina. The fact he happened to have access to ready-to-use revolutionary inventions done by geniuses previously not known or distributed to most of the world at his disposal if he needed an extra boost is pretty awfully convenient.

Ascheroth

Just because something is explained doesn't mean it isn't deus ex machina. The fact he happened to have access to ready-to-use revolutionary inventions done by geniuses previously not known or distributed to most of the world at his disposal if he needed an extra boost is pretty awfully convenient.

I really don't feel like it's a Deus Ex machina when it was established from the beginning that Ikta was the pupil of a genius scientist.
Yes, we didn't know he got the necessary information and had the rifles made, but I find it completely plausible given everything we knew about him, his past, his connections, and the world.

Theonik

Glitter Force S1+2
This was really bad. Only ever made it 13 episodes into Smile proper but this version made me cringe hard. Was kinda forced to sit through it. Was painful. WHY.

Joe Molotov

Glitter Force S1+2
This was really bad. Only ever made it 13 episodes into Smile proper but this version made me cringe hard. Was kinda forced to sit through it. Was painful. WHY.

This was your punishment for not finishing Smile.

hbCR49c.gif

Theonik

So wait, its actually a new series and not an english name change?
Basically English license acquired years ago and stuck in limbo with tonnes of name changes over the years. Done by a traditional 'anime for kids' brands. Basically name changes, script alterations, deleted episodes and shuffling into a 'new show' Netflix was looking for original kid's programming. Saved the basically dead project by funding it to be completed getting exclusive rights to it and calling it a 'Netflix Original'. Actual product is as much of a mess as one would expect given that history and basically exists out of pure contractual obligation.
This was your punishment for not finishing Smile.
I started it when it was still airing after finishing HeartCatch due to a watchbet with Envelope. Kinda fell into the wayside. Wasn't really feeling it.

Lautaro

This will probably turn into a debate about what is a deus ex machina and what is not but from what I know a deus ex machina is not only supposed to be sudden but is also used to solve a hopeless situation. In this case there was no hopeless situation, Ikta could just have fought the battle using his regular troops and skills and win with a lot of casualties instead of clearing the place in an hour.

In fact, I think the whole purpose of that skirmish was to show the rifles so they don't feel like a deus ex machina in the future real battle.

Deadly

I really don't feel like it's a Deus Ex machina when it was established from the beginning that Ikta was the pupil of a genius scientist.
Yes, we didn't know he got the necessary information and had the rifles made, but I find it completely plausible given everything we knew about him, his past, his connections, and the world.
In the LN,
at a certain point, he receives a letter from Anarai to release 1 thing from Anarai's Box. It's a way to keep the war even and for it not to escalate too much towards one side. He doesn't have full unrestricted access to everything
Was this animated?

Kuromukuro 21
Holy shit now this is how you start the final trek of a series

Ascheroth

In the LN,
at a certain point, he receives a letter from Anarai to release 1 thing from Anarai's Box. It's a way to keep the war even and for it not to escalate too much towards one side. He doesn't have full unrestricted access to everything
Was this animated?
Anarais Box was definitely mentioned, as well as the matter of keeping the balance. Not sure about
the letter
, but I think I faintly remember something like that, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, I think things have been justified and implied enough, to make what happened in the episode completely plausible.

Sterok

Glitter Force S2 8

Whew, I was worried they'd cut the robot episode. That was the most important and best episode of the series by far. Just as glorious in English as it was in Japanese. Chloe continues to prove she's the best both by piloting Robo-Lucky and being wary of the inevitable robot takeover.

Oh wow the Brian episode was skipped too. I think that makes three Kelsey episodes skipped in total. Someone at Saban must really hate Sunny.

DiGiKerot

Glitter Force S2 8

Whew, I was worried they'd cut the robot episode. That was the most important and best episode of the series by far. Just as glorious in English as it was in Japanese. Chloe continues to prove she's the best both by piloting Robo-Lucky and being wary of the inevitable robot takeover.

The SUPER Robot episode really is the best. Even dubbed.

Qurupeke

Fate/Zero 12-15
Wow. A dogfight out of a Macross in F/Z. This was so unpredictable and so damn exciting. The action in the series continues to amaze me. Furthermore, even more good Saber scenes and Caster is finally out of the game. Kirei seems to have been developed to a proper villain now, Toshaka is as good as dead. And poor Kariya's life is pure suffering.

Sterok

Glitter Force S2 9

A student council election where candidates are seriously running on the premise of ending homework, video games and comics in all classrooms, cake for everyone, and 3-day school weeks. More or less realistic than the 2016 US presidential election? Lol at Ulric demanding a recount at the end. #GlitterBreeze2016.

Line_HTX

The goldmine has dried out so the same people are still doing it but they can't afford to do it at quite the same scale as their glory days. This is Saban of Power Rangers fame)

Literally Satan.

I see that cheesy editing is still there, just not as prevalent like Ocean Group DBZ or 4Kids Yu-Gi-Oh.

Sterok

Glitter Force S2 11

With this Cinderella episode, I'm reminded that Precure has a proud tradition of Cinderella episodes. Mofuderella may have been the best Cinderella, but Reika/Chloe is the best prince. Everyone wants her. And I'm reminded that Miyuki became Cinderella twice. Too bad Emily probably won't get the chance.

3Kaze

Watched in the Grand Rex's big auditorium :

Accel World Infinite Burst : Garbage. I don't know anything about that series, and the first half was an awful recap which didn't help me in any way to understand the nonsensical VR setting and story. Characters and art are trash as well. It just makes SAO look good. What followed in the second half wasn't any better, but I got some Nozomu Abe action goodness I guess??? Also the movie used a 16:9 aspect ratio and everything looked blurry on the large screen.

Kizumonogatari Nekketsu-hen : At least, this was damn good, I liked it over the first movie. It had better pacing, the lack of narration didn't bother me (it was kind of confusing to me in the first movie), everything is already set up and I enjoyed all the three fights as well as the usual banter between Araragi and Hanekawa. Of course, it still looked amazing. Can't wait for the last part in January.

Watched in the Grand Rex's big auditorium :

Accel World Infinite Burst : Garbage. I don't know anything about that series, and the first half was an awful recap which didn't help me in any way to understand the nonsensical VR setting and story. Characters and art are trash as well. It just makes SAO look good. What followed in the second half wasn't any better, but I got some Nozomu Abe action goodness I guess??? Also the movie used a 16:9 aspect ratio and everything looked blurry on the large screen.

I'm not going to deny that Accel World falls into typical LN garbage here and there, but the TV series is leagues better than SAO ever was. This statement is kind of ridiculous since you based it off of what you got from a recap, which obviously wouldn't have the detail that the TV series had.

Qurupeke

Real F/Z starts only now.

Sounds great.

Kizumonogatari Nekketsu-hen : At least, this was damn good, I liked it over the first movie. It had better pacing, the lack of narration didn't bother me (it was kind of confusing to me in the first movie), everything is already set up and I enjoyed all the three fights as well as the usual banter between Araragi and Hanekawa. Of course, it still looked amazing. Can't wait for the last part in January.

Awesome and nice to hear that you liked it more than the first one. I thought that they may leave the last battle for the final part, but it makes more sense to have all the duels in one movie, so good to hear that too.

Kuromukuro 19-20

The whole rescue arc was so good. Also the aliens mystery is slowly being revealed, although the most important question havent been answered.

But now shit gets real. Cant wait for the next episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom