• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szadek

Heartcatch Precure - Ep. 20
Finally the third Fairy arrived.Potpourri is super cute.
The fight with multipile villains was nice as well.
Looks like the 3. Precure is coming soon!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
TTGL finale.

Well, I enjoyed how the series kept evolving, like a number increasing exponentially. All you can ask for is a feeling of completion, and it achieved that. Think the series is a solid 9 out of 10.

Szadek

Heartcatch Precure - Ep. 21
This episode was something else...
ZY4rM.jpg

RST6S.jpg
Unfortunately they haven't found the new Precure yet, but they will next episode if the title of the episode is to be believed.

Clov

Well, I assume Fuji TV via the block is part of the production committees of all the shows they air, and their new mandate is to try to chase for otaku bucks as much as possible. lol

While that block definitely has a lot more otaku oriented content than when it first started up, it's still airing some genuinely good stuff like Battery. Not to mention next season has The Great Passage, which I'm really looking forward to!

A good portion of my favorite anime aired on it, so it'll always have my respect for that no matter what low they end up dropping to.

Well, I assume Fuji TV via the block is part of the production committees of all the shows they air, and their new mandate is to try to chase for otaku bucks as much as possible. lol

As early as Eden of the East in 2008, Fuji TV producer Koji Yamamoto was saying the channel was deliberately aiming to attract otaku to noitamina shows, because they were trying to figure out a way for the block to be profitable for the channel. Since then, they've gone all over the map: expanding the block to two shows then dropping it back down to one, dabbling in live action with Moyashimon, trying to chase otaku hits with original shows such as Guilty Crown, moving the brand into films with Anthem of the Heart and Project Itoh, adapting otaku-oriented visual novels and light novels, adapting josei manga such as Kids on the Slope and Natsuyuki Rendezvous, coordinating with live-action film adaptations with Erased, adapting mainstream adult-targeted novels such as Perfect Insider and Great Passage. So it's true that the block has no identity anymore - it neither is holding to its original mission of anime for people who don't watch anime, nor has it become exclusively otaku-targeted. You really do never know what you're going to get with noitamina anymore. Which is unfortunate, and I have no idea what Fuji TV is thinking, but you can't simply dismiss everything attached to the brand either.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, it's not that the brand is completely meaningless I suppose. It's just so diluted that it doesn't really say anything if a show airs in the block. Maybe you could argue that it stands for "Quality", inasmuch as you assume something that airs on HBO is supposed to automatically be "good" (True Dick S2 and Vinyl and The Brink notwithstanding), but I don't even know if airing in the noitaminA block means that the show is guaranteed to be excellent.

Well, it's not that the brand is completely meaningless I suppose. It's just so diluted that it doesn't really say anything if a show airs in the block. Maybe you could argue that it stands for "Quality", inasmuch as you assume something that airs on HBO is supposed to automatically be "good" (True Dick S2 and Vinyl and The Brink notwithstanding), but I don't even know if airing in the noitaminA block means that the show is guaranteed to be excellent.

The brand is completely meaningless, at least insofar as I am concerned. It is not a marker of quality, either good or bad.

Szadek

Heartcatch Precure - Ep. 22
"Pleashe, hurry up and shave her"
WHAT!?!?

The title for this episode was such a tease, of course they only find out who the last precure at the end of the episode.
At least she will finally get her powers next episode.

Cornbread78

Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! 10

Stupid girl keeps missing her chances to kiss him. My ship only has 2 more episodes to sail!

They need to off blondie...

TTGL finale.
Well, I enjoyed how the series kept evolving, like a number increasing exponentially. All you can ask for is a feeling of completion, and it achieved that. Think the series is a solid 9 out of 10.

That ending still pisses me off to this day. I understand it, but it's just wrong, wrong, wrong....

TrueBlue

So on the whole Funi/Crunchyroll thing.

I have subs for both. I'm a little worried that I'll be paying extra for content I can get just through holding on to one sub.

Should I be?

Clov

Personally I'd love it if noitaminA started airing more josei work again. There ought to be more josei anime in general. While not on noitaminA, I have season 2 of Rakugo to look forward to at least.

Kurita

Oh The Great Passage is an adaptation of the book that already got a movie? I knew the name sounded familiar.
Okazaki Taiiku doing the theme song tho, it's gonna be weird hahaha

Szadek

Heartcatch Precure - Ep. 23
Cure Sunshine is awesome!
Her transformation sequence is fantasitic and her moves in combat are very impressive.
It was definitly worth waiting for her appearance.

JulianImp

I'm in despair - Despair side #9

No. Seriously. This is complete and utter bullshit. I feared the show was going to play the brainwashing crap card, and this episode confirmed my expectations...

My previous post many pages ago analyzing how Junko might've turned each member of the 77th class to the side of despair feels like a joke once you throw some magical brainwashing movie into the mix. And if that doesn't work? Then have Mukuro poke into your skull, plunging needles up and down for a bit and presto, even more magical brainwashing with a 100% success rate!

Despair side being better than Future? After this episode, it feels like even freaking Cross Ange's better than the Despair arc. Brainwashing is a bullshit cop-out way to move the plot forward, and the punchline is that Junko's movie doesn't actually turn people who watch it into despair as much as it makes them into unwilling puppets that worship her and follow her every command for some absolutely stupid reason. What could've showed us Enoshima preying upon the weaknesses of class 77 to turn them to despair has ended up playing the magical hypnosis card to wrap things up in an easier way, but I guess I'm still holding some hope that it isn't going to be that way. At this rate, the remaining episodes will probably have
Chisa murdering Nanaki or something, while the rest of her class watch that video and turn into eeeeevil people because of it.

I guess one could say the show has actually succeeded in filling me with despair... but for all the wrong reasons.

Wait, how is THIS helping them?

4GkRTPO.jpg
She's just teasing since Usami didn't take the earlier chance she had when she first put him to bed and instead drew a bunny on his cheek.

I expect episode 12 she's going to accidentally confess to him with everyone in the clubroom or it ends with her going "I haven't confessed but I'm happy as things are right now.".

Cornbread78

She's just teasing since Usami didn't take the earlier chance she had when she first put him to bed and instead drew a bunny on his cheek.
I expect episode 12 she's going to accidentally confess to him with everyone in the clubroom or it ends with her going "I haven't confessed but I'm happy as things are right now.".

She still needs to get Usami's backhand, lol.

Yeah, that's pretty much a forgone conclusion at this point....

Tsugumomo of all things just got an anime adaption announced. No way this doesn't get censored to high heavens.
Its going to be so heavily censored that there will be no point. There's just too much tits, ass and various other sexual things going on.

God damn the manga is so fucking good.

kewlmyc

Its going to be so heavily censored that there will be no point. There's just too much tits, ass and various other sexual things going on.

God damn the manga is so fucking good.
It really is. There's no studio out there that would be willing to to put the budget into the action scenes while keeping the perverted shit intact. Hell, there's probably no studio willing to keep the perverted shit intact anyway considering the lengths the manga goes to on a chapter bases nowadays. Make TLRD looks like a nursery rhyme at times.

It really is. There's no studio out there that would be willing to to put the budget into the action scenes while keeping the perverted shit intact. Hell, there's probably no studio willing to keep the perverted shit intact anyway considering the lengths the manga goes to on a chapter bases nowadays. Make TLRD looks like a nursery rhyme at times.
Man those 'special' chapters will be SOOOOO much fanservice OVA bait though.

Garo the animation 5-7

Maybe I had high expectation for this from what I was reading here, but as of right now I find this ok, but really nothing more.

While I do like the characters design, I feel like the animation is lacking something.
Mostly in fights, since they lack oumnf and impact most of the time. Maybe it's the constant mix of CG and 2D?

Also sometimes I feel the episode goes all over the place, episode 7 was really guilty of this, that werewolf thing made little sense to me.

Also while I understand it's a monster of the week situation where we learn about the MCs and see them develop but I feel most of these episodes lack some kind of good ending point.

The one episode I really liked was BLOODVILLE with the cursed child story, but there wasn't another like this one yet.

I'll keep watching, but It's not as good as I thought it would be. It doesn't give me the feeling of one more episode that I like to have.

duckroll

Garo the animation 5-7

Maybe I had high expectation for this from what I was reading here, but as of right now I find this ok, but really nothing more.

While I do like the characters design, I feel like the animation is lacking something.
Mostly in fights, since they lack oumnf and impact most of the time. Maybe it's the constant mix of CG and 2D?

Also sometimes I feel the episode goes all over the place, episode 7 was really guilty of this, that werewolf thing made little sense to me.

Also while I understand it's a monster of the week situation where we learn about the MCs and see them develop but I feel most of these episodes lack some kind of good ending point.

The one episode I really liked was BLOODVILLE with the cursed child story, but there wasn't another like this one yet.

I'll keep watching, but It's not as good as I thought it would be. It doesn't give me the feeling of one more episode that I like to have.

There's a reason why I kinda dropped it after 10 eps or so the first time round. I liked it but it wasn't super engaging, and with everything else I was doing I just didn't get back to it. Until I heard it got -really- good. And I went back and finished it after a year. Goddamn does it get good.

It's fair to say that the episodic stories of Garo are of variable quality, but the central plot threads that carry through the whole series are excellent and lead to a very satisfying conclusion.

Thunderbolt Fantasy 10

This is Botcher's best work dialogue wise. Its so good. Its so good.

I absolutely love it how when MC takes upon the appearance of Enigmatic Gale he retains his speaking mannerisms and movements but with Enigmatic Gale's voice actor. I lost my shit.

Exalted

Thunderbolt Fantasy 10

Quite the interesting episode. The story and the plan got even more complex. Sadly i think that Shang will again get the short end of the stick with this new plan, he is so gullible.
Thought that the Phoenix killer died?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Thunderbolt Fantasy Episode 10:

So this was a set up episode and yea that is pretty much it beyond the soliloquies of motivation.

SHEER HEART ATTACKO 24

Great episode. Really shows what a sadistic, neurotic, sociopathic piece of shit Kira is. The scene of him beating down on Koichi was uncomfortable.

This episode had my favorite Jotaro line with the watch. He tries so hard to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom