• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

Hmm I guess you are right, I just remember people going crazy with that run and also I think Pilot Wings? I might be wrong about that though.
The reason they don't display the World Record times during runs is that not every run at the marathon is going to use the strategies you would necessarily use if you were going for the world record. It's understandably exciting when at the end of a run a runner says they just beat the world record during their marathon run or they were only a few seconds off (I would know since I got to say it two years ago), but there are situations where displaying the time for everyone to look and compare would create more pressure when it's really more about putting on the best show possible.

Finalow

Duh, he's playing magic easy mode
j/k
considering how OP magic is in that game I think it's safe to call it easy mode.

then again it's a speedrun and he was always low on health for the damage buff so it's also extremely easy to die.

still, it was a pretty good good run.

Top Bottom